Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2021, 20:01   #181
BHPian

Re: Pre-worshipped car of the week : Buying a Used BMW 3-Series (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
..I am quite confused about the dashboard - mine is all digital and a really flat dashboard. I can even feel the contours of the 2 dials (does not have an overall plastic to cover the cockpit). My car dealer told me that this was updated in beginning of 2021 and this particular car was among the first ones to be rolled out with this digital cluster update. Anyways, the car does not have AA or ACP. Are these possible via software update or are they out of question due to hardware? As per my dealer, the previous owner just got 3 things from M sport - M logo, floor mats and black front grill (I got the original chrome one intact - should I sell it?).
The digital cockpit instrument cluster doesn't has dial contours. It's a flat screen see the image below for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-270099467_138096951966674_2307747445314360891_n.jpg  

NirDiwakar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 15:42   #182
BHPian

Quote:
1. I defnitely want to buy the 3rd-5th year warranty. Should I buy it right away at 1.6 lakhs or should I wait till the end of std. 2 year warranty? Does the price of EW increase if I buy it later? Is there any time of the year when BMW runs discounts on this? Is it possible that BMW hikes the EW price in Jan 2022?
Having just purchased this, I would say buying earlier is typically better. I wanted to buy BRI and BSI together and postponed it till first service and the prices increased almost 15% in between. Had checked some old prices for X1 also and noticed that they have been increasing this at at least 10% per year, so I'd say it makes sense to lock in your price earlier.

These, I believe are done directly by BMW and its difficult to get discounts.

Quote:
2. Should I buy service pack for 5 years (Rs. 2 lakhs)? My running would be under 10k per year. The first service is already done in the month of Nov (though was due in Feb 2022, but nothing unusal in the records). Onboard system shows next service due in Nov 2022. As per my understanding, If I have to buy I should buy right away to take in account any sudden service requirement thrown by on board system (or can it be bought in the service visit itself unlike warranty which should be active before the need?).
My understanding is that the service package needs to be brought BEFORE the first service, I don't think there is any other requirement. You should be able to activate it anytime before taking in your car. You can even purchase it from out of state dealers on phone.
astrodex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:56   #183
BANNED

Quote:
1. I defnitely want to buy the 3rd-5th year warranty. Should I buy it right away at 1.6 lakhs or should I wait till the end of std. 2 year warranty? Does the price of EW increase if I buy it later? Is there any time of the year when BMW runs discounts on this? Is it possible that BMW hikes the EW price in Jan 2022?

2. Should I buy service pack for 5 years (Rs. 2 lakhs)? My running would be under 10k per year. The first service is already done in the month of Nov (though was due in Feb 2022, but nothing unusal in the records). Onboard system shows next service due in Nov 2022. As per my understanding, If I have to buy I should buy right away to take in account any sudden service requirement thrown by on board system (or can it be bought in the service visit itself unlike warranty which should be active before the need?).

3. Does my car have Android and Apple car play? The cluster is fully digital if that gives any reference to the updates.
1. Buy the 5 year warranty right now, as they do increase the prices periodically.

2. For running of 10k/kms you won't save much money by going with BSI. You are better off paying as you go for the services even if costs the same as BSI eventually because they won't replace parts under bsi until the system tells them to.

3. I think i know the car you have bought. Is this it? https://www.instagram.com/p/CXQvhT_s...dium=copy_link

If yes, it is a different batch of G20 Sport (different spec and cluster from itwasntme's car. The interface in the pic looks a bit like iDrive 7. Can you please share the pic of homescreen of the iDrive system? That will help to confirm which one it is. Depending on that it may be possible to add Carplay/AA.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st January 2022 at 21:01. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 1st January 2022, 19:15   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
My understanding is that the service package needs to be brought BEFORE the first service
I bought mine when I dropped off my 330i for the first service. I understand it has to be activated before the job card is opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
3. I think i know the car you have bought. Is this it? https://www.instagram.com/p/CXQvhT_s...dium=copy_link

If yes, it is a different batch of G20 Sport (different spec and cluster from itwasntme's car. The interface in the pic looks a bit like iDrive 7.
Intriguing. If this is the car, then it is very much iDrive 7. My only disconnect is that I thought it was introduced much later in India, i.e. around August 2021.
Old 10th January 2022, 15:13   #185
BHPian

Sorry for the late reply. Got down with Covid and BMC in Mumbai imposes flat sealing. Itching to drive my BMW soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
Having just purchased this, I would say buying earlier is typically better.
Quote:
1. Buy the 5 year warranty right now, as they do increase the prices periodically.
Yes Maverick also confirmed that the service pack needs to be activated before the day of service and hence need to be bought in advance (cannot be bought on the day of service). But as advised by many, I will skip the service pack for my quantum of usage.

Warranty - Yes I will buy it right away. New car warranty for five years for 3 series is 1.62 lakhs. Navnit warranty dept told me that the price is 1.75 lakhs if bought between 1 month to 24 months post car purchase. Does 1.75 lakhs sound the right amount?

Quote:

If yes, it is a different batch of G20 Sport (different spec and cluster from itwasntme's car. The interface in the pic looks a bit like iDrive 7. Can you please share the pic of homescreen of the iDrive system? That will help to confirm which one it is. Depending on that it may be possible to add Carplay/AA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Intriguing. If this is the car, then it is very much iDrive 7. My only disconnect is that I thought it was introduced much later in India, i.e. around August 2021.
Yes you are right agambhandari. This is the car I bought. I believe it has iDrive 7. Please see pictures below. Are you saying that it is possible to activate AA/ACP in this? Free of cost? That would be wonderful as I am sorely missing this feature. What about parking and reverse assistant? Is that also possible to be activated?

Dealer told me that the owner had pulled some strings blah blah to get the first piece of updated 330i Sportline sold in India. But if Aug is when it got rolled out, Feb looks infeasible. I am quite confused. I have driven the car 600 km in first 10 days of ownership (car was driven 1500 km in first 11 months) and it is brilliant. Have tried it in bumper to bumper traffic and open roads of Pune expressway as well. Only thing which I have not tried so far is manual mode or paddle shifters - do we really need them? Car is happy to accelerate from any speed just at a tap on accelerator. Good part - the 2000 km run-in is over now

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20220110-3.02.34-pm.jpeg

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20220110-3.02.35-pm.jpeg
manish84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:39   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got down with Covid and BMC in Mumbai imposes flat sealing. Itching to drive my BMW soon
Wishing you a speedy recovery

Quote:
Dealer told me that the owner had pulled some strings blah blah to get the first piece of updated 330i Sportline sold in India. But if Aug is when it got rolled out, Feb looks infeasible. I am quite confused.
You can try confirming with the VIN Decoder what features does the car have.

https://mdecoder.com/

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 10th January 2022 at 17:41.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:57   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

You can try confirming with the VIN Decoder what features does the car have.

https://mdecoder.com/
For multimedia it just says, HiFi speaker system. No information on iDrive or AA/ACP etc.
Old 11th January 2022, 09:42   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does 1.75 lakhs sound the right amount?
They cannot overcharge and BMW extended warranty is must. Original warranty is only 2 year unlike MB which gives 3 year standard. But MB extended warranty is much expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirDiwakar View Post
The digital cockpit instrument cluster doesn't has dial contours. .

Quote:
For multimedia it just says, HiFi speaker system. No information on iDrive or AA/ACP etc.
believe it has iDrive 7. Please see pictures below. [/quote]

Fully Digital dashboard is something what NirDiwakar has posted, in your case the centre part is digital and probably the gauges but the speedo and RPM seems to be analogue. When you change the mode to sports or eco, everything should change on a digital dash. I have probably seen this setup on some car but am not able to recall. This maybe little different from the regular analogue but is not fully digital in my opinion.

Regarding Airplay activation, certain builds can support and if equipped but not activated, your local dealer can find & activate for you. If the hardware is there, they will charge you only for activation. There are couple of threads here, even I have paid to local dealership and got CarPlay on my 740Li.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2022 at 15:51. Reason: quote tags.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 10:27   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Fully Digital dashboard is something what NirDiwakar has posted, in your case the centre part is digital and probably the gauges but the speedo and RPM seems to be analogue. When you change the mode to sports or eco, everything should change on a digital dash. I have probably seen this setup on some car but am not able to recall. This maybe little different from the regular analogue but is not fully digital in my opinion.
You are right and I see the difference between the two. My dashboard is pseudo fully digital - on power off, the whole dashboard looks black but the left and right are dedicated to the speedo and RPM meter. On change in drive mode, only a line and indicator in middle section changes. Will post more pics when I am able to step out of my flat.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th January 2022 at 15:51. Reason: Broken quotes.
Old 12th January 2022, 13:58   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are right and I see the difference between the two. My dashboard is pseudo fully digital - on power off, the whole dashboard looks black but the left and right are dedicated to the speedo and RPM meter. On change in drive mode, only a line and indicator in middle section changes. Will post more pics when I am able to step out of my flat.
Very much iDrive 7 with Live Cockpit Pro. Compare with my iDrive 6 with the vanilla Live Cockpit:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...l#post4872676:

You can also refer to this entire thread and especially from here onwards:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5114901 (Enabled! Apple CarPlay in my BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Dealers now offering the upgrade)

For Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, you can ask your local BMW dealer to run your VIN through their systems to check if they can simply update your software or add a release code. In my case, I was asked to bring in the vehicle for a full diagnostic check to figure out if (at all) BMW India can retrofit hardware to enable AA & ACP and/or navigation.

You can also run your VIN past https://www.bimmer-tech.net/ for their assessment of your head unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-mfd.jpg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-mode-comfort.jpg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-mode-ecopro.jpg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-mode-sport.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 12th January 2022 at 14:15.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 20:09   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Very much iDrive 7 with Live Cockpit Pro. Compare with my iDrive 6 with the vanilla Live Cockpit:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...l#post4872676:

You can also refer to this entire thread and especially from here onwards:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5114901 (Enabled! Apple CarPlay in my BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Dealers now offering the upgrade)

For Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, you can ask your local BMW dealer to run your VIN through their systems to check if they can simply update your software or add a release code. In my case, I was asked to bring in the vehicle for a full diagnostic check to figure out if (at all) BMW India can retrofit hardware to enable AA & ACP and/or navigation.

You can also run your VIN past https://www.bimmer-tech.net/ for their assessment of your head unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Took the delivery of 330i Sport on Thursday. It was a long wait as the BH registration created a dilemma in my mind. Finally went ahead with KA plate. Many thanks to fellow BHPians itwasntme, Xaviers and Akash for their help during my purchase process.
Can you share the photo of the instrument cluster in the 330i sport? I saw multiple photos on the thread and they look different.
Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2022, 13:13   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
Can you share the photo of the instrument cluster in the 330i sport? I saw multiple photos on the thread and they look different.
Cheers!
Posting various pics of the ID7
Attached Thumbnails
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-5690b8c67318477b9bceced2725ac8d8.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-dc604c8cce5640b5962ff75f307546c9.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-2d47edd6e61243d580892394b771a810.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-76607b59b12c45abbfd581405e3003e5.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-259a192f76ca4e27bc3419a6f21f2fe7.jpeg  

FamilyTraveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 14:40   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Regarding Airplay activation, certain builds can support and if equipped but not activated, your local dealer can find & activate for you. If the hardware is there, they will charge you only for activation. There are couple of threads here, even I have paid to local dealership and got CarPlay on my 740Li.
Took my car to authorised BMW workshop and met Maverick. We were hoping that a software upgrade would enable all these features. However, even though my car has iDrive 7, it does not support AA or ACP. Looks like it the hardware+software combination is unique to use iDrive 7 but not support navigation and these features. Though I will miss it, the best use case was only limited to navigation. Will have to make peace with a mobile holder
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:38   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Posting various pics of the ID7
Thanks both. Had no idea that the iD7 Live Cockpit implementation mimics the full fat M Sport so well. Just to confirm: there is no way to activate AA & ACP then?

I'll probably invest in a Bimmertech retrofit once factory warranty gets over.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: BMW 330i (G20)-whatsapp-image-20220110-3.02.35-pm.jpeg  

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-5690b8c67318477b9bceced2725ac8d8.jpeg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd January 2022 at 15:46.
Old 24th January 2022, 16:44   #195
BHPian

Dear Fellow BHPian's, i need help.
I am in the look out for a 330i in BLR and i have two offers.

1. is a demo Msport 330i (2021) that would be made available in Feb price quoted is 58lac 7000k km on the odo (White with Mocha interiors) .
2. a 330i sportline with a dealer 2020 manufactered (registered in 2021) quoting 48 lac single owner 4500 km on the odo (white with beige/cream interiors 17inch alloys).

Both state they are slightly negotiatble.

Please adivce what is a good price for 1 & 2. What i need to look out for.

Does it make sense to go for the demo car with me being the first owner. But not knowing what gremlins lay ahead with the abuse it would have gone through with various people trying it out.

This car is going to be my daily driver. I was in the look out for a kodiaq but if I am getting one at a similar price I though why not a badge and a perfomance car.

This is going to be my first badge, please give me all the adivce and tips.

Looking forward to your speedy replies, as I need to make the decision ASAP.

Last edited by hemanth.das : 24th January 2022 at 16:46.

Most Viewed