Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 04:53   #196
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Hemanth, Both the options are heavily overpriced in my opinion.
Inspite of the chip shortages and vehicle delivery delays, the prices quoted are same as New car prices at the time they were sold.
option 1 - best to avoid, as you rightly mentioned the car would have been tested by various persons at insane speeds / sudden braking, harsh roads etc. If it was driven you less than 2000k, you could have still considered although no where near the price quoted by the dealer. Though on paper you would be the 1st owner, best avoid the demo car.
option 2 was retailing around 47 lakhs on road Bangalore after discounts probably a year back. @Itwasntme can confirm the price please he has the same sport variant. So looks like the seller is expecting zero depreciation on a 2 year old vehicle. Guess it is the car in the below ad. I see multiple dealers listing the same vehicle for sale.
https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-3-series...iid-1668906608
https://www.olx.in/item/bmw-3-series...iid-1671193462
If you are not in a hurry, then best to wait for the Supply chain issue to sort itself out over a period of time. Since we buyers are in a rush to buy, dealers are trying to capitalize and maximize their profits. If you really need to buy urgently then try to get it under 40lak (hopefully the car owner has taken extended warranty already, that will save you few lakh or else that is additional expense for you).
Also try to find a direct buyer rather than via dealer, I'm sure you will get a sensibly priced BMW although your search period might be extended.

Last edited by nikhil_pon : 25th January 2022 at 04:54.
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 08:36   #197
BHPian

Does driving in Sport Plus increase load on the engine and gearbox thereby reducing life of both? The gearbox gets really knocky in Sport Plus. But changing transmission settings to sport sorts this out but takes away the fun quotient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
Dear Fellow BHPian's, i need help.
I am in the look out for a 330i in BLR and i have two offers.

I would go for the demo msport making sure i add BSI and BRI for total peace of mind. Being a first owner matters for both resale and no one will bother if it is a demo car after a year. Go the msport way. Only thing is the tyres. Take a look and change if required. Negotiate hard.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th January 2022 at 13:09. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 11:23   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_pon View Post
Hemanth, Both the options are heavily overpriced in my opinion.
@Itwasntme can confirm the price please he has the same sport variant. So looks like the seller is expecting zero depreciation on a 2 year old vehicle.
Very true, I'd avoid both unless you have a compelling need to conclude a purchase immediately.

As nikhil_pon says above, the Sport was OTR around 47-49L in 2020 depending upon the colour choice combo, ready availability with the dealer and month (calendar/financial year end etc.). In fact, this very white and beige combo is relatively unpopular, as generally buyers prefer contrasting combos like a dark exterior + light interior and vice versa. Also note that it probably has iDrive 6 which is now obsolete and replaced with iDrive 7. If you can knock this down to ~42L, it could be an option as long as everything about the car checks out and after a proper BMW Service diagnostic.

The M Sport demo vehicle would have been heavily driven for 7K km by both the showroom guys and customers, and I would avoid it even with full BSI/BRI.

Last edited by itwasntme : 25th January 2022 at 11:29.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 18:20   #199
BHPian

Help ! Help needed from fellow BHPiens .
Now trying to replace my X 1 with 330i ,but the sales person at Bavaria Motors , Pune is saying that the model is out of production until June 2022 and asked me to test drive 320D instead to get the feel to which I simply said NO.
What's the way forward now?
Old 27th January 2022, 15:06   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.das View Post
a 330i sportline with a dealer 2020 manufactered (registered in 2021) quoting 48 lac single owner 4500 km on the odo (white with beige/cream interiors 17inch alloys).
Looking forward to your speedy replies, as I need to make the decision ASAP.
For your reference brand new Sep 2021 manufactured 330i Sport model with ID7, Car play etc was sold at 52.6 OTR in Bangalore. This should definitely not be worth 48. Max 42-43 if you can. its a 2 year old vehicle now.
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:41   #201
BHPian

Hello all,
Need a clarification. I was looking to buy the 330i Sport variant, but was informed by the dealer that production for the sport variant has been stopped for 2022. Anyone can clarify regarding the same ?

Much Appreciated
Old 28th January 2022, 19:29   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Hello all,
Need a clarification. I was looking to buy the 330i Sport variant, but was informed by the dealer that production for the sport variant has been stopped for 2022. Anyone can clarify regarding the same ?

Much Appreciated
Sport is available and in stock. I just checked today. White with Beige interiors.
hemanth.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 22:06   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Hello all,

Much Appreciated
3 Series production has started in 2nd week of January 2022. Self have booked a 330i M sport in December 2021. Expecting delivery 1st week of February. Both variants 'Sport and M Sport are in the line up, however the interior options are limited (or so I was told).
driveB48 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 21:17   #204
BHPian

DriveB48, congratulations mate! These are the moments that inspire us.

I am super excited to see your car. What color did you book? Interior/Exterior?

The Msport trim is the version I'd spec out and book as well!

What I do find a little disturbing is the reports of limited customization. I am going to link my questions to another post I had made, I am hoping, that by posting here, the larger group will be able to share their experience.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...ml#post5241899 (New BMW 330Li M-Sport vs Pre-owned BMW 630d / 530d M-Sport for a family of four)

My preferred option is the Portimao Blue with a Beige interior... I can go to tan if pushed, but that's it!

Not having a say in the interior or the exterior or having to make compromises after spending 60+ on a car is a non starter for me.

If we were to stick to our guns and insist on a particular combination (for e.g. the ones I have specified above), what kind of lead times are we looking at?

Thank you for your guidance, it is appreciated!
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 22:21   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveB48 View Post
3 Series production has started in 2nd week of January 2022. Self have booked a 330i M sport in December 2021. Expecting delivery 1st week of February. Both variants 'Sport and M Sport are in the line up, however the interior options are limited (or so I was told).
Congrats on the booking. How much discount did you manage to get on the 330i?
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:27   #206

Thanks @ Sid_deb. Could only manage a 3lakh discount on the OTR. Year beginning isn’t a great time for discounts.
Old 4th February 2022, 07:28   #207

Thanks @Bemywings. I have got Portimao Blue with mocha interior (only colour available with Portimao blue). Shall share pictures soon.
Yes, customisation options are not great. Also in accessories, I went for the all weather mat and key flop only. Lead time will vary depending on your choice. If you are lucky and if the combo is in the production line we will get it soon. I needed the exact combo as you but ended up with the blue and mocha (only interior with portimao blue).
Be aware the wireless charging pad is not in any 3 series produced in 2022, instead they give you a portable one(as a substitute), which is an eye sore. Rest all features are the same as 2021 model. Would like to point out the car has good ground clearance, however I have a problem with my garage ramp due the the long wheel base. Sadly I am to reconstruct the whole ramp to avoid belly scraping.
Old 5th February 2022, 22:43   #208
BHPian

The 330i sport has got dearer by another 50K. Ex-showroom now is 45.4L, last updated on Jan 20

https://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/m...2673518831.pdf
sid_deb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 17:38   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
The 330i sport has got dearer by another 50K. Ex-showroom now is 45.4L, last updated on Jan 20
BMW has been frequently increasing the prices and the 330i is almost 20% dearer to buy than it was a little over year go. I have been planning to upgrade and was decided on the 330i sport. While I see other bhp-ians who have managed to get a 330i sport for 47L OTR in Bangalore a year ago, today a 330i sport is quoted OTR at nearly 57L OTR before discounts. And with no stocks, discounts are hard to come by with the dealer willing to offer 1L-2L on the OTR price after some negotiation.

But I was surprised on how bloated these dealer OTR price sheets were after I got a quote from a Mercedes dealership under their retail of the future initiative.

The BMW dealer quote I got for the 330i or X1 included an insurance quote of 2.4-2.6L, handling charges of 56k, essential kit for 36k and a BRI of 38k for the 3rd year.

The direct Mercedes quote for a GLA 4MATIC included insurance quote for 88k (Star protect 2 - bumper to bumper), no handling/delivery charges, no additional cost for the 3rd year warranty + included a 8 year warranty on engine and gearbox. And on cars where they offered discounts, it was applied on the ex-showroom itself translating to a lower registration cost. The dealer was willing to include basic accessories as part of the deal.

That calculates roughly to a bloat in excess of 2.5L in the OTR price given by the BMW dealer which is what they choose to offer as a 'discount' on negotiation!

Something to keep in mind before we think that the 2L discount that the dealer offers is a good deal

Last edited by clementj : 10th February 2022 at 17:39.
clementj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 20:15   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementj View Post
And on cars where they offered discounts, it was applied on the ex-showroom itself translating to a lower registration cost. The dealer was willing to include basic accessories as part of the deal.
Good point . In KA though, any RTO charges (registration, surcharge, cess etc.) are calculated at MRP (i.e. as per the official price-list filed by the vehicle manufacturer) in VAHAN. Dealers can discount as much as they want but all RTO charges are calculated at MRP. What MB must be doing is to absorb the 'extra' RTO charges quietly.

I always feel suspicious of deep discounting. Someone somewhere always bears the cost, and all too many times it is the buyer in the Indian luxury automobile market.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th February 2022 at 20:16.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks