Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:54   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Hi folks,

Looking for a used G20 330i with a budget of 35 Lakhs, just wanted to ask if the budget is sufficient or am I being too optimistic?

Love to hear some advice.
A little optimistic in my opinion.
F30 330i LCI Late models are going for 30 or thereabouts. 40-45 maybe more realistic, as is finding a lower trim 530i from the early years (2017).
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 01:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

The G20 330i Sport variant has finally received an update to iDrive 7.0 along with full digital cluster, a bigger touch screen and a price bump of about a lakh! This was a long pending update and makes the Sport variant the go to choice for enthusiasts on a tight budget! Go check out the configurator!

Edit: specification sheet attached.

Last edited by GTO : 15th August 2021 at 18:00. Reason: As requested
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 17:50   #93
BHPian

I booked 330i Sport last week post the feature updates and price hike. I have been given a delivery date in First week of Oct. It seems there is no stock and the car will be made against my order. Has anyone else booked recently and is also being given similar timelines for delivery?
Old 20th August 2021, 11:33   #94

Replacement for my Polo GT TSI

Hello Team-BHP family,
Good day to you all and hope you are all well and safe!

I have been an active reader of Team-BHP since 2013, but this is my first post on this forum. Please forgive any unintentional errors. I am around 37 years old and I am seeking your advice on a new purchase which I intend to make in the next 2-3 months.

Background - I bought a Swift VDI in 2016 and sold it at 20,000 kms since I did not like the build quality too much. To me the car felt simply underpowered and did not make me feel safe on road-trips. The braking was sub-par according to me.

I upgraded to a Hyundai Verna SX(O) Diesel from the Swift. My daily office trip is 30kms both ways from home to office. Since the traffic in NCR region does not allow for a lot of space on the road, driving the Verna was no easy task. The clutch felt very springy and I started to feel the pain in my left knee grow each day.

The hunt for an Automatic started and I test drove the Polo GT TSI after reading some of the review on Team-BHP. The car felt so planted on the road and the salesperson offered me as many test drives as I wanted to be sure.

The decision was an immediate one and I booked the GT TSI in white colour. The car has excellent road manners and I will very highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who is looking for an automatic in the budget of 10-12 Lakhs INR. I have driven this car for 3.5 years now and covered 34,000 kms. This is one vehicle which I still love very much and I plan on keeping this car for the next 5 years. It has been an extremely reliable partner for me and had so far never failed me, even on a 800km/day trip

Going forward the POLO will be used to ferry my kid to school and back home and will be driven mostly by a driver

I am looking to upgrade from my Polo GT TSI to a larger vehicle with more power now. I have my sights set on the BMW 3 series and I need your advice on the following
  1. 330i m Sport/320 d luxury line
  2. Petrol/Diesel

The dealer has quoted the price of the vehicles as follows

320d luxury line - 53 lakhs on-road
330i m sport - 53.75 lakhs on-road

Please suggest if I should bargain for a better price and what should I ideally settle for

My annual running is approx 15,000 kms, it has taken a hit over last 1.5 years because of Covid.

I appreciate your help and advice
PushkarVerma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2021, 21:40   #95
BHPian

Re: Replacement for my Polo GT TSI

As you live in the NCR, it would be better for you to go for a petrol-powered vehicle instead of a diesel one.
In terms of the 320d and 330i, the 330i is the more superior of the two as you get an explosive B48 underneath the bonnet instead of an average B47 found in the 320d. And as it is petrol, you get more power, more enthusiasm and you get to keep it longer. The fuel economy is going to be the only downside especially in these times but sedate driving with engine deactivation should help.
You can also look at a Skoda Superb if you want sheer luxury and comfort and you'll save some money too as you already own a Polo GT which caters to enthusiastic driving.
Or you can also wait for a while for the new generation C-Class to come to India because it seems way more advanced and futuristic than its competitors.
GaryTSI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 00:28   #96
BHPian

Re: Replacement for my Polo GT TSI

The 330i will be the perfect successor to the Polo. When you push the accelerator and the car throws you back into the seat is just unreal for a car that costs 55L. However, A petrol car and 15K kms of driving annually don’t sit quite right together considering the ever so high fuel costs in India but they’ll wade off soon. FE can go to two digits easily if you drive with a soft foot.

The new C-Class will also come to India at the end of this year or early 2022. If I were you I’d wait for it but if you want a car right now then buy the bimmer eyes closed.
speedfreak77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 22:47   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
The G20 330i Sport variant has finally received an update to iDrive 7.0 along with full digital cluster, a bigger touch screen and a price bump of about a lakh! This was a long pending update and makes the Sport variant the go to choice for enthusiasts on a tight budget! Go check out the configurator!

Edit: specification sheet attached.
Spoke to my SA at Bird, they have received an updated Sports 330i in stock and he claimed that Apple Car Play is still not part of this update. They have only added the virtual cockpit, idrive 7 and a bigger touch screen. He offered me to come and personally check the car in case I didn't believe him.

Requesting other bhpians to confirm.
Old 21st August 2021, 23:54   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Spoke to my SA at Bird, they have received an updated Sports 330i in stock and he claimed that Apple Car Play is still not part of this update. They have only added the virtual cockpit, idrive 7 and a bigger touch screen. He offered me to come and personally check the car in case I didn't believe him.

Requesting other bhpians to confirm.
My SA showed my the feature list of a 330i sport billed to them couple of weeks ago. CarPlay preparation was listed as one of the features. I booked mine only after seeing that. The 330i specification sheet also mentions smartphone integration as one of the features
FamilyTraveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 13:49   #99

Hi, is smartphone integration confirmed in the Sports model now ? I spoke with my SA and he has not yet confirmed anything on it
Old 25th August 2021, 22:48   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushkarVerma View Post
Hi, is smartphone integration confirmed in the Sports model now ? I spoke with my SA and he has not yet confirmed anything on it
Yes the latest specification sheet lists it
as standard. Please check the BMW India site.
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 09:47   #101

Thanks, I checked with the SA and he said Apple carplay is enabled but Android Auto is not.
Old 26th August 2021, 11:50   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I checked with the SA and he said Apple carplay is enabled but Android Auto is not.
For Europe-spec G20s at least, the wireless CarPlay showed up as present and activated for all compatible vehicles. Wireless Android Auto was also present but not activated, and took a couple of days to show up once the dealer upgraded the G20 software and BMW did the same at the server-end.

Pretty sure BMW have included both the CarPlay & Android Auto wireless chips + allied hardware.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th August 2021 at 11:52.
Old 26th August 2021, 12:00   #103

ok, so I went to the showroom today to check on the features listed and here is what the SA confirmed that Apple carplay and Android Auto both are enabled.

Sadly, only 1 MSport car and a single digit Sport cars are available till December.

The dealer said it was because of raw materials not being available from Germany and he confirmed that BMW is in no hurry to sell vehicles during the festival season.

In fact they are only going to restart production from Jan 2022.
PushkarVerma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 13:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In fact they are only going to restart production from Jan 2022.
Terrible! If your information is genuine, it looks like the 3 is being strategically sacrificed (at the chip shortage altar) for the sake of the more lucrative 5,6,7,8 & X vehicles.
Old 26th August 2021, 13:52   #105

Yes, Seems so. only 1 Unit is available for purchase till Dec 2021. No more choices in exterior and interior trims.

Most Viewed