Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2021, 13:52   #106
BHPian

Re: Review: BMW 330i (G20)

Excellent review...

Being an ardent bimmer fan,my hands are itching to drive one.Just a curious but a quick query.How's the GC with a fully loaded 330i with luggage and 4 adults??
Did you manage to cope up with our unruly speedbumps without scraping her underbelly??
Is it any better than the 340i M in that aspect??
Old 26th August 2021, 14:10   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Excellent review...

Being an ardent bimmer fan,my hands are itching to drive one.Just a curious but a quick query.How's the GC with a fully loaded 330i with luggage and 4 adults??
Did you manage to cope up with our unruly speedbumps without scraping her underbelly??
The G20 chassis is taut and does not sag much even with a full load. Well-designed broad speedbreakers are generally a breeze. For the unscientifically designed speedbreakers, I usually crab across very slowly, and haven't faced a consistent issue so far. For example, my Octavia (with identical load) scraped far more because of the relatively softer suspension.

One precaution I take is to ensure the tyres are pumped up to reflect the additional load. BMW recommends an obscene 39 / 46 (17") and and astounding 42 / 48 for the 18" RFTs. I find these pressures unrealistic for our damaged roads, and stick to 36 / 39 on my 17" RFTs. Having the correct pressure is key to avoid belly-scraping!

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-330i-tyre-pressures.jpeg

I have no experience with the M340iX, and believe it is lowered but with even stiffer springs, and hence the two should cancel each other out. I'll leave it to the actual owners to clarify if possible.

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th August 2021 at 14:20.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 15:02   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Excellent review...

Speed breakers, including the monstrous ones, are harmless. I have driven a lot with many low GC cars and I check the underbody during service visits and all that you see are just scraping marks. Going over speed breakers at slow speed is never a problem. Even those absentminded ooops moments are also OK. You will hear some metal scraping that can be unnerving but it is totally harmless.

If your front-lip doesn't clear a speed breaker/ramp then it can be is a minor problem of damaging the front lip, etc. Typically applicable to ultra-lowered cars.

The real danger of low GC is from potholes, protrusions, rocks, water puddles where you don't know what's under the water, etc. This can cause very expensive underbody damages. Highly recommended to take "engine + GB" protection add-on insurance cover. Be warned that zero depreciation doesn't cover this.
androdev is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 17:19   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

I have no experience with the M340iX, and believe it is lowered but with even stiffer springs, and hence the two should cancel each other out. I'll leave it to the actual owners to clarify if possible.
I am yet to find issues with M340i in normal humps. I can tell it is way better than my civic.
That said, my drive so far is under 700KM, so too early to make an exact statement.
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 19:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Terrible! If your information is genuine, it looks like the 3 is being strategically sacrificed (at the chip shortage altar) for the sake of the more lucrative 5,6,7,8 & X vehicles.
They have the same story for other vehicles too. My SA was prodding me to buy X3 at the current low-discounted price with the warning that next set of production will only start in Feb 22. Not sure if that is true or a typical scare tactic.
Old 26th August 2021, 19:42   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
They have the same story for other vehicles too. My SA was prodding me to buy X3 at the current low-discounted price with the warning that next set of production will only start in Feb 22. Not sure if that is true or a typical scare tactic.
It certainly is a scare tactic. The SA told me in Jun that this is the last 330i Sport they have got for this year and next car would come only in Jan 22.

And voila, come late Jul BMW updated the infotainment system and the dealer got 2 updated cars in Aug. The supply is in short numbers but the argument that production will start next year is a blatant lie
sid_deb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 18:15   #112
BHPian

I should be getting my 330i mSport some time later this month, (as soon as they can figure out the BH registration) I want to thank everyone on TeamBHP for helping, the info on the groups has been critical in the decision making process.
xavierk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 19:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierk View Post
I should be getting my 330i mSport some time later this month, (as soon as they can figure out the BH registration) I want to thank everyone on TeamBHP for helping, the info on the groups has been critical in the decision making process.
Congrats! Getting it under BH scheme will be certainly nice on the wallet.

How much discount did you manage on this?
Old 4th September 2021, 08:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Congrats! Getting it under BH scheme will be certainly nice on the wallet.

How much discount did you manage on this?
Got about 5L off the originally quoted on-road price, The BH registration should also take the upfront tax portion down significantly. Waiting for the showroom to come back with final calculations for the BH series.
Old 5th September 2021, 05:58   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. My car has been invoiced to the dealer. I am also awaiting information on BH registration stuff. Please let me know if you hear anything regarding it. Who is your dealer? Mine is Deutsche. I will post the details once I hear from them.

My SA was trying to convince me to go for KA saying the BH will be only for private vehicles under company lease. I declined to buy his theory and told him that I will wait for details and guidance from TeamBHPians who I trust more than anyone.

Anyone has any information related to BH
FamilyTraveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 12:31   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
Same here. My car has been invoiced to the dealer. I am also awaiting information on BH registration stuff. Please let me know if you hear anything regarding it. Who is your dealer? Mine is Deutsche. I will post the details once I hear from them.

My SA was trying to convince me to go for KA saying the BH will be only for private vehicles under company lease. I declined to buy his theory and told him that I will wait for details and guidance from TeamBHPians who I trust more than anyone.

For me its BH or wait till its available. it makes no sense to do KA. Mine is Deutsche as well. and they have told me the car will be available in the stockyard by the end of this week for inspection (their stockyard is the parking lot of Forum mall Whitefield)

AFAIK BH will require a form 60 "Working Certificate" from you company with a list of registered offices mentioned. My company says this must come from HR so I'm working on that.

I've checked with a friend who works for the RTO and he said it should be possible, they however don't have a clue how they are going to verify the "working certificate". Now my company is fairly big and we have offices in well above the mandated 4 but the question still is how do they verify the information provided.

Review: BMW 330i (G20)-screenshot-20210905-1.09.44-pm.png

By my calculation this is the delta between KA and BH registration on a 330i mSport assuming an Approx and arbitrary discount on the base price.

Notes
1) GST on the on road price is 28%. I split the ~50.5L into Car+GST keeping GST at 28%
2) BH tax on the car is 12% Car Price ex GST ×12%×1.25÷15×2. and this is once every 2 years after that is is half
--- I do assume there will be some registration charge and by my calculation I assume it 1.2L. I don't know why its that much. (its not in the BH column now)
3) Insurance and logistics I moved as is

Assumptions: 2.5L discount on base price, 7.15% Rate of interest (Still in discussion) , 15L Downpayment.

Pending additions: Registration charges in the BH column will add to the Y1 payment in taxes.

Summary
1) At purchase saving is 9.37Lac
2) Assume 3Y Loan saving is minimum 5.64L and upto 10.44 lac Depending on when you sell the car

Last edited by ajmat : 5th September 2021 at 23:07.
xavierk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 16:17   #117
BHPian

I am completely confused on PPF I want to do it but there are so many options and the differences in price are significant.

Need help and advice.

1) Do you have a recommended place to get it done (Bangalore folks please help)
2) Does anyone know how many Sqft is a BMW 330i is? I've called a few places and got numbers ranging from 190sqft to 260sqft. How can it be different?
3) Hexis vs 3m vs xxx which brand is ideal?
4) What should be the right evaluation criterion?
- Chose the place first and then the brand or the other way round
- 3M is it worth it? their premium film is expensive.
-

as of now hexis seems to be the choice @ http://esperto.in/ but he is a lot more expensive for hexis film (both 150 micron) elsewhere. almost 20% higher.

is clear shield windshield protection film worth it?

PS: I spent all day yesterday calling about 15 places in bangalore.
xavierk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 12:36   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Still no update on BH, i called the dealer today and asked and they still don't have an update on when or how to do a BH registration. I seem to know more than they do, I sent them the format of the form-60 that is required

@familytraveller I cannot PM yet if you can pm me with a connect would love to connect offline to figure this out. looks like we are both in the same boat.
Old 6th September 2021, 13:54   #119
BHPian

Quote:

@familytraveller I cannot PM yet if you can pm me with a connect would love to connect offline to figure this out. looks like we are both in the same boat.
Sent you a message. Please check and WA me
Old 6th September 2021, 17:58   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sent you a message. Please check and WA me
Why not discuss on the forum. PM helps individual, but forum discussion helps a lot more people..? Unless it’s confidential (financial etc.) discussion that you feel not comfortable in discussing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks