Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2023, 20:14   #616
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Review

I am hearing a low murmuring kind of sound when I turn my steering wheel at low speed in my 2019 i20 asta(O). This sound is quite low in terms of volume and is hardly audible when AC and music are on.

Any guidance on what the root cause could be?
Old 7th May 2023, 18:14   #617

Broken USB and how Hyundai passed it of as customer damage

I wanted to post about the negative experience I had, both from Hyundai and the dealer. I purchased an All new i20 on May 2022 from Popular Hyundai in Trivandrum. There were many negative experiences from both the dealership and Hyundai itself, right from the first day(Lack of communication regarding delivery timelines, and not providing the agreed discount for the ceramic coating to name a few). I decided not to fuss about these things and let go of these issues, even though some of them have been costly.

Last month, the USB port in the center console got damaged as I removed the cable. This is the only port that supports Android Auto. Since the second service was only 2 weeks away, I decided to have it checked then.

Gave my vehicle for service on the 25th of April and got it back the same day. SA informed me they have taken pics of the damage(from inside) and sent them to Mobis and that I will receive the response to the claim the next day.

I called the SA multiple times, over the next few days. He was saying Mobis rejected my warranty claim as customer damage and I would have to pay the full amount to get it replaced. I asked for the details of the claim in writing as well as the cost of the part, which I didn't receive. Finally, I lost my patience and raised a complaint on the Hyundai website.

Got a callback from the customer manager at Popular the next day. He said that he will share the details in writing as an email and the part cost as well. He also mentioned that they would have provided a goodwill discount if I had directly contacted him instead of raising a complaint. This is the mail that I received.
Hyundai i20 Review-mail.png

He called again the next day and said they would provide a goodwill discount of Rs 2000, which I rejected and said I am not interested to spend Rs 4500+. I have responded to the dealer's mail saying that I have only used my phone's official USB cable, provided by Google. I use the same cable for connecting my phone to my 2 laptops and the charging bricks and I have never had any issues on those devices. I only use the car for long drives and hence the number of times I plug and unplug the cable is also less. I am also not able to comprehend how they think I damaged port pins from the inside.

In the meantime, I received an email from Hyundai stating that their customer general manager is looking into this issue and they would get in touch with me. More than 10 days have passed and I still haven't received any call from Hyundai for this.

Posting it here for the knowledge of current and future Hyundai owners and seeking responses from the members regarding a few questions that I have.

1. Since the vehicle was purchased less than a year back, shouldn't this be covered under warranty?
2. Noob question, would it lead to some other issues like battery recharge if I
don't repair this soon?
pixeleefied is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2023, 21:25   #618
BHPian

I have a question regarding engine oil. I got my I20 diesel serviced today and I'm trying to make sure that they have changed the engine oil but I'm not able to say for sure by looking at the oil color.

The color was pitch black and thick before service and post service it certainly feels thinner but the color is little greyish black instead of golden brownish.

Maybe the old oil wasn't completely drained out? Or is it possible that they have reused a slightly used oil?

Or this is normal and I'm just paranoid?

Hyundai i20 Review-oil1.jpg

Hyundai i20 Review-oil2.jpg
Old 8th May 2023, 18:08   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional_fool View Post
The color was pitch black and thick before service and post service it certainly feels thinner but the color is little greyish black instead of golden brownish.
What is the KM on ODO?
Usually the new oil does turn greyish in diesel engines but do you see any stains on your hand when you wiped the oil off? High Soot content in engine can cause this.

Quote:
Maybe the old oil wasn't completely drained out? Or is it possible that they have reused a slightly used oil?
This can happen, next time ask your SA to share video of the oil being drained. Make sure the vehicle number plate is also visible. Anyway as i mentioned new oil in Diesel engines can look grey as soon as it enters the engine.
NJ_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2023, 21:07   #620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
What is the KM on ODO?
Usually the new oil does turn greyish in diesel engines but do you see any stains on your hand when you wiped the oil off? High Soot content in engine can cause this.

Overall its 13.5K in the ODO (this is the 2 Yrs/20K service) and just around 10 KMs post service.
Oil didn't cause much stain in my hand, it did stain the cloth very slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_9 View Post
This can happen, next time ask your SA to share video of the oil being drained. Make sure the vehicle number plate is also visible. Anyway as i mentioned new oil in Diesel engines can look grey as soon as it enters the engine.
Thanks for clearing this up and your tips
Old 28th May 2023, 18:41   #621
BHPian

Hello Everyone

I'm taking the delivery of my I20 Asto (O) DCT this week. Just wanted to know from the owners whether they are filling their cars with regular fuel or premium fuel? Any advantages of going with premium fuel?

Also what are the ways to increase the life of DCT? I'm moving from a Dzire ZDI AGS to I20 DCT. My AGS lasted for 77k before showing signs of troubles. Thus, decided to upgrade the car rather than spending on changing the gearbox as my EW was over.
Old 29th May 2023, 09:06   #622

Can someone confirm if the Asta(O) IVT variant has rear armrest. I checked the brochure and it did not mention but one of the YouTube videos shows rear armrest. Hence wanted to confirm.
Old 29th May 2023, 12:14   #623
BHPian

Hyundai India updated its i20 Magna variant. Magna variant will get additionally
  1. 8 inch touch screen infotainment system
  2. Digital instrument cluster
  3. shark fin antenna
Earlier, Hyundai India updated 3-point seat belts and adjustable rear headrests (3 headrests) as standard across all the variants.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nue-creta.html (Hyundai adds 3-point seatbelts & adjustable rear headrests to i20, Venue and Creta)

Hyundai i20 Review-magna.png

Hyundai i20 Review-shark-fin-antenna.png

Updated i20 Brochure:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf i20-brochure1.pdf (1.35 MB, 94 views)
JacksonStorm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:44   #624
BHPian

The Hyundai i20 facelift has just started testing in India, and for the first time, the hatchback is seen in a camouflaged form.

Hyundai i20 Review-hyundaii20faceliftspied.jpg

Source
GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 23:35   #625
BHPian

Got our car i20 sports ivt delivered today. It replaced our grand i10 which had to go due to diesel rule in NCR, otherwise it was serving us well.Hyundai i20 Review-img_1812.jpeg

Hyundai i20 Review-fe0f8a8fd06547aeb500e7cdb0cb5c73.jpeg

Had booked the car a month back. Had to wait as we wanted red color and also for a hope that new lot of car comes with automatic climate control FATC. Had insisted the sales man to only write down the FATC variant price but not sure if it was the reason as we got what we booked.
Overall it was smooth experience. No add-on and dealer matched my insurance quote so went with them.

Last edited by Wanderers : 9th June 2023 at 23:36.
Wanderers is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 14:53   #626
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking to buy an i20 1ltr DCT but confused between Sportz and Asta O. Any recommendations ? Also does Sportz DCT come with Automatic Climate Control?
Old 14th June 2023, 18:43   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to buy an i20 1ltr DCT but confused between Sportz and Asta O. Any recommendations ? Also does Sportz DCT come with Automatic Climate Control?
While you will have a super powertrain in both- Sportz is decent value, Asta(O) gets you the bells and whistles for the extra $$ which is well worth it in my opinion.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 05:55   #628
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hi All,

Considering the 2-lakh price premium on-road of the Asta(O) DCT over the Sportz DCT in Bangalore, the Sportz DCT is definitely VFM, However, the additional 2 lakh gives you Alloy Wheels, 6 Airbags against 2 in the Sportz, ESP, Hill Hold and Traction Control, Keyless entry. Auto dimming IRVMs, Push button Start, Telematics functionality, Leather wrapped Steering and gear knob, a rear armrest, one touch up windows on the driver side, a rear wiper, chrome exterior door handles, a sunroof, LED Projector headlights, Ambient lighting, puddle lamps, 10.25-inch touchscreen, an air purifier and wireless charging.

So, the feature additions are definitely worth it for a more better user experience and hence justified.

So, if I am able to afford the Asta(O), I would definitely go for it.

As regards, to Automatic Climate Control, no, the Sportz variant no longer comes with it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyunda...%20manual%20AC.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 09:35   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

I was in a same dilemma although not for DCT version but for ivt. Finally I bought Sportz over Asta (O) as this is not my primary car and would be mainly driven in city. However looking back I do regret going for Sportz over Asta as for additional 2 lakhs, you get much more and 6 airbags is absolutely a deal breaker. However when you start considering DCT Asta version, you are another 50K away from Nline and you are further tempted.

My suggestion, if this is your primary car & can afford additional 2.5 lakhs, go for Nline otherwise Sportz will fulfil all your needs. Spend around 10K and you get better seat & leather steering wheel than stock option (will share photo soon) add another 7K for 130Watt LED and you are in a different league. Interior lights from Cardi is mind-blowing and there is no need to upgrade speakers as they are equally good and the 8" inch unit is more modern with wireless Carplay & Andriod Auto. Physical buttons & volume control is another plus. For wireless car charger use apple magsafe charger.

I got the Automatic AC on my sportz, you just have to make sure you book the same (mention the price of automatic AC in booking form) and willing to wait, tell dealer its a deal breaker. Don't go via "click to buy" as that has only non-automatic AC price in list.

Last edited by Wanderers : 15th June 2023 at 09:45.
Wanderers is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2023, 09:53   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
This is exactly why I am confused. Article doesnt mention about DCT Sportz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I was in a same dilemma although not for DCT version but for ivt. Finally I bought Sportz over Asta (O) as this is not my primary car and would be mainly driven in city. However looking back I do regret going for Sportz over Asta as for additional 2 lakhs, you get much more and 6 airbags is absolutely a deal breaker. However when you start considering DCT Asta version, you are another 50K away from Nline and you are further tempted.

My suggestion, if this is your primary car & can afford additional 2.5 lakhs, go for Nline otherwise Sportz will fulfil all your needs. Spend around 10K and you get better seat & leather steering wheel than stock option (will share photo soon) add another 7K for 130Watt LED and you are in a different league. Interior lights from Cardi is mind-blowing and there is no need to upgrade speakers as they are equally good and the 8" inch unit is more modern with wireless Carplay & Andriod Auto. Physical buttons & volume control is another plus. For wireless car charger use apple magsafe charger.

I got the Automatic AC on my sportz, you just have to make sure you book the same (mention the price of automatic AC in booking form) and willing to wait, tell dealer its a deal breaker. Don't go via "click to buy" as that has only non-automatic AC price in list.
Thanks these are critical inputs. I currently own a 2019 Fortuner 4x4 but looking to trim down since I am a lone traveller now unlike yester years. On this note, now I am considering the Ambition Slavia 1.5 DSG as well which is 5 lakhs away from Asta I20. I may buy a bigger car later which though is undecided for now. Short and office commutes, I use Bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
While you will have a super powertrain in both- Sportz is decent value, Asta(O) gets you the bells and whistles for the extra $$ which is well worth it in my opinion.
Bells and whistle yes, but then most bells and whistles are provided in Sportz too like a touch HU, same cockpit which I love, leather seats in dct, Auto Ac (deal breaker if not in Sportz DCT), Cruise control. Im not a sunroof fan, neither i need a keyless entry, 2 airbags is enough since I am a single user.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 15th June 2023 at 09:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks