Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 14:25   #151

Re: MG Gloster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaChakravarth View Post
I seem to be in the exact same predicament at this point. These are the thoughts I have:
1. Jeep (Compass/Meridian): There are too many threads around the unreliability of the brand. Have finally managed to make up my mind about not going ahead, until there is a radical change in the attitude. What always pulls me back is the solid build, the ride, handling and the impressions of the wife.
2. Tuscon: My first car being a Hyundai, there is no love lost for the brand, but unsure of whether to really go ahead with the 40L+ spend on a Hyundai
3. Fortuner/Legender: This seems to be the only sensible choice for me. The only deal breaker is the significant generation gap between Toyota and any of the other three contenders
4. Gloster: A true competitor in terms of feel, comfort, features etc. Unfortunately I managed to find the dead band in the power system around the 1750 rpm range where there seems to be barely any power and this, does not let me want to proceed

Current state of mind: Wait for the new generation Fortuner supposedly launching in India or for an X1 arriving a few months later. In the meanwhile, I pray to the gods for Ford to come back with Everest.
Regarding the Gloster having dead band in power system around 1750 RPM, is that true even in the 4x4 Twin Turbo ?
Old 10th August 2023, 12:49   #152
YCJ
BHPian

https://twitter.com/TheANI_Official/...001585152?s=19

Priced hiked steeply!
Old 25th August 2023, 00:26   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCJ View Post
Yep, from 30-36 lakhs ex-showroom in late 2020 to 39-44 lakhs ex-showroom now. Add in the taxes and insurance and you're looking at 56 lakhs on-road in certain high road tax states.

Basically 22-30% hike in less than 3 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks