Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 23:29   #31
BHPian

Re: Volvo S60 : Official Review

Volvo to assemble XC40 and S60 in India-

Volvo S60 : Official Review-img_20210225_231712_hdr.jpg

Charles Frump, MD, Volvo India was also quoted saying-
Quote:
Those purchasing luxury cars were not concerned about fuel price rise, but were eager to utilise less polluting vehicles.
It should be noted that there has been no mention whether there would be any decrease in the prices of the cars after local assembly starts.
Also, no timeframe has been specified.

Source: The Hindu.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 25th February 2021 at 23:33.
Big Smoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 13:23   #32
Senior - BHPian

Deliveries for the new S60 will start on March 18, 2021.

Volvo S60 : Official Review-20210309_132057.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 17:49   #33
BHPian

Any idea whether it would be possible to get a discount on such a newly released car?
Old 11th June 2021, 18:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Any idea whether it would be possible to get a discount on such a newly released car?
I doubt it. But if you are picking up a Volvo Sedan go with the S90. Although it has been discontinued, dealers do have a couple in stock and discounts are aplenty on this one. You may even be able to pick an S90 much lower than an undiscounted S60. I was offered an S90 for 53 Lakhs in March (9% Road Tax in my state).

If you only want an S60 you may have to wait a bit for massive discounting
Aaroah is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 18:57   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhikapoor View Post
Hi Nidhikapoor. Keeping in mind the pandemic, lack of business and also the quarter end just around the corner, I'm sure you can squeeze out some marginal discounts

Since your location shows as Bangalore I can get you connected to my contact at the dealership here. Please drop me a PM.

Also as mentioned by Aaroah, it is worth considering the S90 too!

Regards

Last edited by AJ739 : 11th June 2021 at 19:01. Reason: Typo Correction
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 19:49   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post
I doubt it. But if you are picking up a Volvo Sedan go with the S90. Although it has been discontinued, dealers do have a couple in stock and discounts are aplenty on this one. You may even be able to pick an S90 much lower than an undiscounted S60. I was offered an S90 for 53 Lakhs in March (9% Road Tax in my state).

Ah this is super interesting. I had no idea the S90 had been discontinued in India. It's long been a car my parents have liked, so I might ask my parents if they'd be interested in having a word with the Volvo dealer in Kolkata. Was the S90 you were offered the on road price at 53L? If so that's fantastic value considering you're getting a car a segment higher.
Old 11th June 2021, 20:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads11 View Post
Was the S90 you were offered the on road price at 53L? If so that's fantastic value considering you're getting a car a segment higher.
Yes, the price was On-Road. I was actually evaluating the XC-90 but if I wanted the S90 I am sure, I would have gotten 3-4 Lakhs further down. My dealer at that time had 2/3 S90's in Stock and a few more incoming, the month being March and Lucknow not being friendly to sedans were all big contributors for that deal.
Aaroah is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 20:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroah View Post

Thanks. Got a HUGE discount offer on the last S90 in BLR, but still a good 8 lakhs more than ths S60, on road, in BLR.

My apprehensions are multi fold

1. It really is BIG. Don't need that size.
2. LONG wheelbase, so much worse over speed breakers etc [ test drive showed this]
3. It has a diesel, which has been discontinued worldwide. Worried about spares after a while. I'm sure they will be available, but might take time to get locally.
4. Its a 2020 June car, so been sitting in the yard for a year. I came across a thread here with a similar situation about a guy who bought a previous year Volvo, and had isssues with the leather and the trims. Someone said that it might be due to the fact that the car was lying in a yard for a year.

Though, yes, the luxury level was unbelievable. Has a lot that the S60 should have had, like ventilated seats etc.

The s60 is 57 on road in BLR, and I was offered the s90 for 66 lakhs.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2021 at 22:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 5th September 2021, 07:28   #39
BHPian

I find these absolutely worth 45L OTR for indian context. Still pretty far from pricing in US for better trying and engine. I wish they offered R-Design variant with all black suede + leather interiors (suede is very good for tropical climate as well as cold climate) with contrast stitching here. Red car with all black interiors, contrary stitching, different OEM wheels from R-Design trim would make this the perfect car. R-Design exterior parts are only few ( primarily limited to the front and steering and replacement is wood trim ) and can be easily sourced. Can learn to live without contrast stitching in the interior. Anyone buy one recently? How negotiable have these become?
Old 2nd November 2021, 10:28   #40
BHPian

I am evaluating a S60 Polestar (2017) and s60 Cross country (2019), both seems to be from the 2016-2020 batch / edition (assuming). I can't find any comprehensive view of what are the safety and drive assist features between these two. I am looking for stuff like ACC, Pilot assist, lane assist, FA etc.
Also, does these variants support Android Auto/Car play?

Can someone help me with these?
Old 2nd November 2021, 16:11   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
I am evaluating a S60 Polestar (2017) and s60 Cross country (2019), both seems to be from the 2016-2020 batch / edition (assuming). I can't find any comprehensive view of what are the safety and drive assist features between these two. I am looking for stuff like ACC, Pilot assist, lane assist, FA etc.
Also, does these variants support Android Auto/Car play?

Can someone help me with these?
Hi, could you please clarify if the S60 in question a Diesel S60 equipped with Polestar remap or a legit S60 Polestar with the petrol engine?

If it's the actual S60 Polestar; it'll have the Adaptive cruise control, Pilot assist, Lane keeping etc.

On other car, the S60 Cross Country you'll only have the Lane keeping aid and Auto Braking System based on laser assisting system. ACC, Pilot assist will be a miss.
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
Hi, could you please clarify if the S60 in question a Diesel S60 equipped with Polestar remap or a legit S60 Polestar with the petrol engine?
I think this clears my confusion, the guy said it was Polestar (but is a diesel car), and I didn't see a diesel variant of Polestar online.

Now, does only Polestar have ACC and other bells, or is there any other variant which have these. Because he has mentioned it is a 4WD, so not sure which variant has he "tuned to a Polestar".

Also, if I take a look at the car, is there a way I can identify what variant (stock) it is?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd November 2021 at 18:17. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 3rd November 2021, 09:56   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanbabu View Post
I think this clears my confusion, the guy said it was Polestar (but is a diesel car), and I didn't see a diesel variant of Polestar online.
Well, this clears it out. It is the S60 with the Polestar remap upgrade.

Quote:
Now, does only Polestar have ACC and other bells, or is there any other variant which have these. Because he has mentioned it is a 4WD, so not sure which variant has he "tuned to a Polestar".
The diesel S60 in question, if it is the model year 2018 vehicle(manufacturing still maybe 2017)then it will have the ACC and other safety features in question, same like the Polestar since the safety features would work on radar technology.

Anything prior to 2018model year on the S60, will have only the Auto emergency braking and Lane keeping aid.

Quote:
Also, if I take a look at the car, is there a way I can identify what variant (stock) it is?
If the car has an Polestar remap, a Blue Polestar badge would be present on the boot right next to S60 variant badging. But please do take the car to the Authorized Service Centre and have them to authenticate it.

Addl: From your previous query, the Apple Carplay/Android Auto wasn't available on the S60 and S60 Cross country

Last edited by AJ739 : 3rd November 2021 at 09:57. Reason: Added addl info
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2021, 18:11   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
The diesel S60 in question, if it is the model year 2018 vehicle(manufacturing still maybe 2017)then it will have the ACC and other safety features in question, same like the Polestar since the safety features would work on radar technology.
Took the TD today. First impression, the CAR IS HUGE! It is like a tank, and the interiors feel so snug! It is a 2019 registered (2018 model). Cross country with a polestar badge (remap). As I played around with the cockpit and Head unit menus, I could not find anything beyond Cruise control (couldn't figure out how to set it either). I was told it has pedestrian safety auto braking. I saw it has sensors on the front and back only. Didn't see Auto hold (car e-brakes activates on D when the car comes to stand still). Couldn't see any options around Lane assist as well.
Overall, I couldn't fully understand the UX of the menus, so may be I missed some of these, but in my 15 min inspection, this was my conclusion.

Overall, having driven VAG cars for a decade, felt the steering was a little heavy, not in a bad way, but a completely different dynamics altogether. Very torn, struggling to make a decision.
Old 11th December 2021, 17:09   #45
Senior - BHPian

Got this periodic service maintenance cost schedule from the Pune dealer:-

Volvo S60 : Official Review-29a07b58d0c64dd5b055dd4ce13769e6.jpeg

Seems very competitive for this segment - for the S60 - a grand total of just Rs 50k for the first 30k km!
Taxes extra ofcourse, but still.

Surely this must be cheaper than the A4, 3-series and the C?
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks