Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2021, 21:01   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Guys, in Altroz turbo , the spare (stepney) tyre is R14 whereas all 4 tyres are R16.

Does it create a wobbling problem when there is a puncture and the spare tyre has to be used.

Last edited by manduvindupondu : 10th February 2021 at 21:05. Reason: Spell check
Old 10th February 2021, 21:17   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduvindupondu View Post
Guys, in Altroz turbo , the spare (stepney) tyre is R14 whereas all 4 tyres are R16.

Does it create a wobbling problem when there is a puncture and the spare tyre has to be used.
Most OEMs are giving spare tyres in smaller than stock sizes. Altroz is no different.

The outer diameter of the spare is usually same as the stock tyres. Manufacturers also recommend a speed limit of 80kmph when you are using the spare. Keeping all in mind, you need not worry about wobbling.

PS: Look for images of space saver tyres in luxury cars.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th February 2021 at 21:18.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 22:00   #138
BANNED

Quote:

Buddy you should definitely see some of the space savers in luxury cars, they even come in 125 sections. Altroz and most Indian cars are much better in this regard. To your query, even though they are R14's the circumference and outer diameter would be almost same when compared to R16's. If you observe the spare tyre you could see the profile is considerably more so as to match with the outer diameter of R16 tyres.

Still in doubt??!! I will tell an easy way to find out. Remove the spare tyre and keep it side by side with any of your R16 tyres. You could see them having the same height, R.H.S = L.H.S hence proved

Last edited by pavi : 10th February 2021 at 22:04.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 22:20   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A spare tyre is just that,- a spare.

The idea is to use it in case of a flat tyre, drive the car till the nearest puncture shop, get the flat tyre fixed and then swap the spare tyre and put it back in the car.

Volkswagen and Skodas have prominent markings stating max speed 80kmph because speeding on uneven sizes will end up in tragedy if you drive fast.

How do I know? Because I have been young and stupid in 2012, driving my swift with three 185 section tyres and one 165 section spare tyre at higher triple digit speeds for over 200 km from Chennai to Trichy, and the odd tyre burst at 120 kmph. I was lucky it was rear tyre and I was able to bring the car to a stop without much drama.

From then on, I always have an inflator in the boot, or at times when I don't have it, I replace the spare and make it a point that I get the puncture fixed ASAP.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 10th February 2021 at 22:27.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 19:31   #140
Senior - BHPian

Altroz invites i20 and Baleno for valentines day crash date

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th February 2021 at 19:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 07:17   #141
BHPian

Some updates.

XZ Turbo and XZ+ Turbo are available ONLY in Dual tone ,(black roof) for 4 colors. No option for customer to choose Single tone. Very bas.
In grey , it's available in single tone.

My question, looks are subjective. But there is a problem .

Simple Physics says black CONDUCTS heat. In Hyderabad, temperatures go up to 45 in April , May.

So what's a work around ? Practically for 45 days (mid April to May end ) , there will be HEAT to put an omelette.

Any suggestions to overcome this problem please.

Last edited by manduvindupondu : 18th February 2021 at 07:18. Reason: Spell check
manduvindupondu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:46   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So what's a work around ? Practically for 45 days (mid April to May end ) , there will be HEAT to put an omelette. Any suggestions to overcome this problem please.
You can ask the dealership to paint the roof with body colour. A fellow BHPian had done this to his Nexon - got it painted in dual tone roof from dealership immediately after delivery. You'll basically need to do it the other way round. Alternative - would be to do a vinyl wrap in a lighter shade. Although longevity of a wrap won't be as much as a paint-job.

I agree too. It would have been better to have an option to not opt for the black roof. It looks sporty & distinct. Dual tones are in rage also, everyone seems to want them. However - for some of us - black roof is a big NO due to the heat absorption it brings.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 18:59   #143
BHPian

Finally booked altroz turbo XZ for my cousin, we were confused between polo TSI and altroz iturbo XZ but better space, new design, better safety rating and some more features made us favor altroz more. I preferred polo due to the sweet tsi but my cousin liked altroz better, it's his money at the end of the day.

I went to 4 TATA dealership in my city, the only offer i was getting was mud flaps, matting, steering cover and body cover, moreover they were ready to reduce the insurance charges, which would further save 7k.

The manger of this last dealership gave me an offer i couldn't refuse, he gave me a flat discount on 27k on the on road price! That included insurance discount and discount on the ex showroom price. The final on road price is 9.40 lakhs moreover mudflaps and matting as well. The only condition was to book the same day only, which i promptly did.
He's saying he'll get the vehicle in 7 to 10 days, now the wait begins.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-img_20210218_180343__01.jpg  

Last edited by yesyeswe : 18th February 2021 at 19:00.
yesyeswe is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 08:36   #144

I paid 84500.00 as registration charges including hypothecation in UP for creta E CRDI whose Ex showroom was 999900.00
It must be lower for Afroz.
Old 19th February 2021, 20:57   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Hey, where did you book? I have booked almost 2 weeks back. Still no information about the car allotment or production. Please update here if you get allotment!
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 22:56   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally booked altroz turbo XZ for my cousin, we were confused between polo TSI and altroz iturbo XZ but better space, new design, better safety rating and some more features made us favor altroz more. I preferred polo due to the sweet tsi but my cousin liked altroz better, it's his money at the end of the day.
Congratulations to your cousin & family. Wishing many fun & safe miles ahead.
Quote:
The final on road price is 9.40 lakhs moreover mud-flaps and matting as well. The only condition was to book the same day only, which i promptly did. He's saying he'll get the vehicle in 7 to 10 days, now the wait begins.
Interesting. So you got generous discounts & a quick delivery too. I suggest you make sure you check the VIN and then insist on a PDI at the yard when the car arrives. Not trying to be Johny Raincloud of course, but given how low discounts are and how long waits are on most Tata cars - this particular offer is just too good! Best check it out thoroughly. Did you get a clear choice of colour? Or there was some nudge from the sales rep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitkuch View Post
I paid 84500.00 as registration charges including hypothecation in UP for creta E CRDI whose Ex showroom was 999900.00
It must be lower for Afroz.
CarWale shows the RTO charges for Jaipur + Altroz XZ Turbo = 89,808.00 so you surely are right. (CarWale price break-ups are accurate to the penny really.)
Although the difference seems to be just about a thousand or so. Considering @yesyeswe actually got a genuine and generous discount on the ex-showroom price, probably he can let this difference slide.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th February 2021 at 23:00.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 08:14   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Interesting. So you got generous discounts & a quick delivery too. I suggest you make sure you check the VIN and then insist on a PDI at the yard when the car arrives. Not trying to be Johny Raincloud of course, but given how low discounts are and how long waits are on most Tata cars - this particular offer is just too good! Best check it out thoroughly. Did you get a clear choice of colour? Or there was some nudge from the sales rep?
After coming back home and getting over the car booking excitement some sense prevailed into me and i got a bit suspicious too. The only discount that should have been there was the insurance cost difference. But i got 20k extra! That seemed too good to me, brand new car, starting of the year, all of this didn't add up.

Regarding any persuasion from the dealership, there wasn't any, i decided on the colour and the variant, according to them they had xz+ in stock. Later on i got a phone call from another dealership and he said he could have finalised the deal at 9.35 lakhs with some more accessories thrown in! Now I'm totally confused, I don't understand what's going on the Altroz Turbo, maybe people are not interested due to price clash with Nexon or some other reason.

I will be doing the full pdi and will take 5 years of extended warranty just to be on the safer side. But things are indeed suspicious.
yesyeswe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 07:36   #148
BHPian

Quote:

I went to 4 TATA dealership in my city, the only offer i was getting was mud flaps, matting, steering cover and body cover, moreover they were ready to reduce the insurance charges, which would further save 7k.

The manger of this last dealership gave me an offer i couldn't refuse, he gave me a flat discount on 27k on the on road price! That included insurance discount and discount on the ex showroom price. The final on road price is 9.40 lakhs moreover mudflaps and matting as well. The only condition was to book the same day only, which i promptly did.

I think you got the BEST deal in the country. The lower ex showroom price means lower road tax , lower IDV which means lower insurance. The icing on the cake is 10 days delivery.

I also booked Altroz XZ (in Hyd), in blue color. I could negotiate for Mudflaps , mats, mobile holder, door visors. Insurance getting done on my own , outside. Waiting time is 8 weeks.

No discount on the ex showroom price.

Btw, which insurance company (name top 3) is recommended for new Altroz?
Old 21st February 2021, 10:16   #149
BHPian

Quote:
I think you got the BEST deal in the country. The lower ex showroom price means lower road tax , lower IDV which means lower insurance. The icing on the cake is 10 days delivery.

Btw, which insurance company (name top 3) is recommended for new Altroz?
This too good offer has made me worried too, but let's see how it goes.

The offer included discounted insurance from the showroom only so i didn't enquire much about it, i'll only make sure they have added consumables cover and tyre cover as my cousin drives a lot on the highway. If I was to do insurance from my end I would have gone with go digit.
Old 21st February 2021, 12:13   #150
BHPian

So a Tata Altroz google search led me to a Hyundai offers webpage

Somebody seems to be feeling the heat

Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-screenshot_20210221121048_chrome.jpg
400notout is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks