Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 07:07   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Since the top end Diesel costs around 10L OTR, lets hope this one is a lakh cheaper. Then it's a no brainer.
Apparently that did not happen and the difference is much less. Diesel seems to be the more sensible choice here

Quote:
As some have said, it could be better after a remap. Which tuning companies have already done remaps of the Nexon? Spending around 25K to get it to around 130-140 BHP seems worthwhile.
Anyone knows if either a Diesel or iTurbo has been remapped?
Old 6th September 2021, 07:17   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Anyone knows if either a Diesel or iTurbo has been remapped?
Both engines can be remapped. The limiting factor here is the 5 speed gearbox, which is pretty much operating at its torque limit. That’s the basic reason why power and torque figures are lower than Nexon for both engines. Nexon gets the 6 speed manual which has higher capacities. But then, torque limits never stopped people from remapping their Ventos and Rapids and Octavias!!
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:06   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Both engines can be remapped. The limiting factor here is the 5 speed gearbox, which is pretty much operating at its torque limit. That’s the basic reason why power and torque figures are lower than Nexon for both engines. Nexon gets the 6 speed manual which has higher capacities. But then, torque limits never stopped people from remapping their Ventos and Rapids and Octavias!!
I am aware of the gearbox limitation but there is usually a safety factor so I'm willing to take the risk. I just wanted to know which tuning firms are doing remaps on the Altroz. Is the ECU of the Altroz the same as that of the Nexon?
Old 11th September 2021, 20:45   #214
BHPian

BHPians,

My father-in-law is exploring. He wants to retire his 10 year old i10. Usage is very very low. 3k km per year. Exploring Altroz. He doesn't care for power and the factor "fun to drive" but wants an upgrade. Technically Altroz is the only option with Hyundai and Maruti ruled out. No Polo as well since we have one in the family. Hatchback is mandatory.

Can I go with Normal Petrol? I am pushing him for Turbo petrol but he wants XM+ as he doesn't really care for power and wants to save 1.5l. Will test drive soon but I really wonder if Normal Petrol engine is so lame as mentioned by many.

Last edited by abhatt : 11th September 2021 at 20:49.
Old 25th October 2021, 14:48   #215

Hi All, new member here and the very first post. I have booked the Altroz XZ+ iTurbo. Just wanted to check if we can order an extra key fob (remote ) for the model ? The dealer said that they will check but I just thought of asking the fellow BHPians here.
arghadeep13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 07:17   #216
BHPian

Tata has reshuffled Altroz variants. XM and XE Rythm are off the shelf with XE+ replacing them. More details in source: https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...iant-28201.htm
Old 17th November 2021, 07:23   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Tata has reshuffled Altroz variants.
IMHO,. they should now start offering iTurbo from base variants onwards.
Old 17th November 2021, 13:05   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Tata has reshuffled Altroz variants. XM and XE Rythm are off the shelf with XE+ replacing them. More details in source: https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...iant-28201.htm
So basically, they just made the XE Rhythm pack into a variant.

Though there are other value features, am interested to see if the manually adjusted ORVMs are really there. The base variant had the ORVMs where you had to put your hands out and adjust, thought they didn't bother as the ORVMs of the Altroz were kind of placed off and they may have been lazy to design a internally manual adjust ORVM.

Heard that the manual A/C controls were wierldy more problematic than the electric controls in the higher variants. Maybe thats why the new variant has electric A/C controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil Beke View Post
IMHO,. they should now start offering iTurbo from base variants onwards.
IMO, they should be offering the iTurbo as the standard engine, since there isn't much of FE difference, and the turbo is just an ordinary MPFi, not a GDI to ecalate costs or maintenance.

Last edited by DicKy : 17th November 2021 at 13:08.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 11:49   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
IMO, they should be offering the iTurbo as the standard engine, since there isn't much of FE difference, and the turbo is just an ordinary MPFi, not a GDI to escalate costs or maintenance.
Personally I'd prefer to see this too, because otherwise its rather confusing to pick between the Tiago and Altroz. This will put a clear differentiator. With the mod-friendly nature (that Altroz lacks a bit) - the Tiago actually makes a compelling case for itself in a direct shoot-out. Where the Altroz really shines is with the Diesel and iTurbo variants.

That said - even without being a GDI - the iTurbo will definitely be cost sensitive. The turbo chargers, intercoolers and other few parts specifically made to handle the higher power and torque outputs at peak - do not exactly come cheap I suspect. So the Turbo powered Altroz definitely will have a much higher starting price compared to the current NA. I'm guessing at least 70-80K More ex showroom, at base trim, without making additional profits.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th November 2021 at 11:50.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 17:16   #220
BHPian

I am about to book XZ iturbo in harbour blue colour and my dealer tells me that it would mandatorily come in black contrast roof- as in XZ(optional) for Altroz NA. Is that true? can we get the roof painted in the same colour as the body colour (blue, in this instance)?
Nikhil Beke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:49   #221
BANNED

Quote:
I am about to book XZ iturbo in harbour blue colour and my dealer tells me that it would mandatorily come in black contrast roof- as in XZ(optional) for Altroz NA. Is that true? can we get the roof painted in the same colour as the body colour (blue, in this instance)?
You can get it painted in blue or simply you can do vinyl wrap matching the blue colour. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th November 2021 at 07:55. Reason: Please use the Quote button to quote the post instead of copy-pasting the contents. Thanks.
Old 19th November 2021, 12:34   #222
BHPian

Quote:
I'm exploring the iTurbo version too and as I was made to understand from the dealer here in Gurgaon yesterday, is that there are 5 variants in iTurbo - XT, XZ, XZ(o), XZ+ and XZ+ Dark Edition. The only difference as informed between XZ and XZ(o) is the contrasting roof - the price sheet as updated on 16th November, 2021 has both these variants listed and there is NO price difference between them. I confirmed that same with another dealer in Lucknow and his updated price sheet too has the same information.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tata_PriceList_16112021.pdf (381.6 KB, 342 views)
Old 19th November 2021, 14:23   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

To anyone who is looking at iturbo variants, I suggest you to test drive the diesel too. It's just about 20k more expensive than the iturbo.

Even if you reside in metro cities, you can use the weekend to find a highway and floor the A pedal and have fun for a few km to keep DPF clogging away.

The altroz diesel is a solid 4-5 kmpl more efficient than the iturbo on the highway and about 6-7kmpl more efficient in B2B traffic.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 18:33   #224
BHPian

Quote:
if you reside in metro cities, you can use the weekend to find a highway and floor the A pedal and have fun for a few km to keep DPF clogging away.

The altroz diesel is a solid 4-5 kmpl more efficient than the iturbo on the highway and about 6-7kmpl more efficient in B2B traffic.
I must admit I had the same thought- but the city traffic and excellent threads on DPF here made me realise that the weekend highway runs are practically feasible only first couple of years of ownership- later I might get simply lazy and court DPF clogs while driving around in the city. So unless one has highway runs as a part of their weekly routine, I don't think one should risk that.

BTW, OTR cost difference between iTurbo and diesel (at least for XZ) is nearly 60k here in Pune. (Still economical in the long run, I agree).
Old 19th November 2021, 21:07   #225
BHPian

Quote:
The only difference as informed between XZ and XZ(o) is the contrasting roof - the price sheet as updated on 16th November, 2021 has both these variants listed and there is NO price difference between them.
That was my understanding as well: but Tata website also shows this as a mandatory feature on XZ iTurbo. There's no option available for selecting XZ(O).
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-screenshot_2021111919112657_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Tata Altroz 1.2L Turbo-Petrol Review-screenshot_2021111919113837_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg  

Nikhil Beke is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks