Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2021, 11:43   #1546
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Actually the gauge I am familiar with but the cloud like icon is confusing me. That icon used to be like a petrol pump and thats how its represented in the manual(Attached pic). There is a smaller one if you look closely at the current level. I did get my first service done but am not sure if it changed then or is it some sort of warning.
I've got an October manufactured XZA+ and its shows the DEF with cloud icon from the factory. So it must have been upgraded software v18 and in your first service that would have changed it.
sixthsense is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 11:51   #1547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually the gauge I am familiar with but the cloud like icon is confusing me. That icon used to be like a petrol pump and thats how its represented in the manual(Attached pic). There is a smaller one if you look closely at the current level. I did get my first service done but am not sure if it changed then or is it some sort of warning.
Ah ok! My bad. So yes - ideally that icon is used as a "Low DEF level Warning" indicator. It shouldn't appear given the DEF level seen on the gauge. Best check it with the ASC, this can be a software glitch as well thanks to the BCM integration of most sensors.

However - there have been known cases of faulty DEF level sensors (I wonder what's so tough to get right in this to be honest). So a visit to the SC might be the right thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
I've got an October manufactured XZA+ and its shows the DEF with cloud icon from the factory. So it must have been upgraded software v18 and in your first service that would have changed it.
I hope the software team has not changed the usual level icon from the standard "dispenser" one to this one, just because the standard icon was confusing with fuel level indicator. Will be good if other owners with latest BCM/ICE software update can visually confirm in their consoles. I think it will be quite a silly idea to mess up warning lights that are generally universal standards.

Last edited by Reinhard : 10th December 2021 at 12:13.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 12:28   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I hope the software team has not changed the usual level icon from the standard "dispenser" one to this one, just because the standard icon was confusing with fuel level indicator. Will be good if other owners with latest BCM/ICE software update can visually confirm in their consoles. I think it will be quite a silly idea to mess up warning lights that are generally universal standards.
The Indicator is upgraded for sure as the latest manual shows the same pics. They have upgraded their manual as well. You can download the Tata Smart Manual app from google play to see the latest version where it shows each warning in details about the DEF. Low DEF comes as a written message according to the manual.

Pic from my vehicle :

2021 Tata Safari Review-def.jpg
sixthsense is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th December 2021, 23:29   #1549
BHPian

Quote:
Safari owners. I am getting the attached view for the DEF gage. Can anyone clarify this icon
Quote:
The Indicator is upgraded for sure as the latest manual shows the same pics
Yes it seems they changed the icon. Mine is September 2020 model Harrier and the def symbol is like a fuel gauge

2021 Tata Safari Review-527611ef589b41f3964838ac3180cea8.jpeg
greyhound82 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 15:16   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
The Indicator is upgraded for sure as the latest manual shows the same pics. They have upgraded their manual as well.
It is a good change. The icon is commonly used to represent DEF fluid. I won't be surprised if the color changes based on the level of fluid in the tank.
Old 11th December 2021, 22:20   #1551
BHPian

Quote:

Pic from my vehicle :

Attachment 2243736
Hi,

I think this is the first time I am seeing above 20 mileage on the MID in Tata Safari (And that too with Auto Gearbox).I am curious to know what was the driving style adopted, driving speed and the kind of terrain the vehicle was being driven. Seeing the mileage I am assuming it must have been an expressway.

I would also like to bring to the notice of fellow BHPians a Bizarre Road Accident which happened yesterday morning on the expressway. A lunatic person standing on the divider area in the 4 lane expressway threw a heavy bolt with nut (apparently looked like one from a truck) on my Safari and there was a loud thud sound. We stopped approx. 500 meters away from spot to check for damage and the right side headlump cluster as can be seen in the pictures below:

Further we found have found out that we were not the only ones affected by this. 2 more vehicles (One Innova and another hatchback) also faced similar incident and the Innova's front windshield was damaged. I think we were lucky that the windshield was not damaged and the lights were also working fine and hence we could make it back home without any issues. The showroom has quoted for Rs. 25280 for replacing the entire RH light assembly and has advised me to claim insurance with Minimum Deduction amount being Rs. 2000 in the B2B policy i have. Replacement and Insurance related work will be done on Monday, 13th December.

Also the vehicle completed 2000 Kms today. So attaching a picture of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20211210_103137.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-20211210_103159.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-20211210_200652.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-close-up.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-20211211_173228.jpg  

LivingCars is offline   (57) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 10:32   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingCars View Post
I think this is the first time I am seeing above 20 mileage on the MID in Tata Safari (And that too with Auto Gearbox).I am curious to know what was the driving style adopted, driving speed and the kind of terrain the vehicle was being driven. Seeing the mileage I am assuming it must have been an expressway.
This was a small 200 kms run from my place in jaipur to Kishangarh. I just drove with a light foot with minimal braking, as the car hasn't gone for first service yet. It was a mix of highway 70% and city 30%, but it's no expressway and has a lot of daily traffic and two tolls in between. Roads in rajasthan are generally very good, so that can be a factor. Mostly used cruise set on 82-84 and running AC all the time so the air purifier keeps working. I'm myself amazed at the mileage. Seems to good to be true.
sixthsense is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 10:38   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I A lunatic person standing on the divider area in the 4 lane expressway threw a heavy bolt with nut (apparently looked like one from a truck) on my Safari and there was a loud thud sound. We stopped approx. 500 meters away.
Never ever stop after such incidents on the highways. It's a regular method followed by highway burglars who will have a team of people working, lurking behind the bushes. When you get out of the car to see the damages, they can physically harm you to take your belongings, or worse the car itself.

Glad nothing of that sort happened in your case.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th December 2021 at 11:03.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (112) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 11:14   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Never ever stop after such incidents on the highways. It's a regular method followed by highway burglars who will have a team of people working, lurking behind the bushes. When you get out of the car to see the damages, they can physically harm you to take your belongings, or worse the car itself.

Glad nothing of that sort happened in your case.
Hi,

Thanks for the advice and the concern.

In fact the first instinct in such cases is to stop and check for damages (Especially when the vehicle is brand new and has not even run 2000 kms). Even though we did not stop immediately after the incident we did stop approx. 500 m away from the spot which in the hindsight i feel should not have been done.

The photographs were taken in the 2 lane State highway area after my father advised me to send a few pictures so that we can report the incident at the local Police Station.
LivingCars is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 12:39   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I would also like to bring to the notice of fellow BHPians a Bizarre Road Accident which happened yesterday morning on the expressway. A lunatic person standing on the divider area in the 4 lane expressway threw a heavy bolt with nut (apparently looked like one from a truck) on my Safari and there was a loud thud sound. We stopped approx. 500 meters away from spot to check for damage and the right side headlump cluster as can be seen in the pictures below:
The whole incident is unfortunate in itself but luckily any painted body part didn't get damaged and even though the headlight cluster is expensive it can easily be replaced. Glad that you're fine too.
gt3t0uring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 17:34   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Oh God, sorry to see damage to such a new vehicle, on other hand i am glad to know that no one was hurt, that other vehicle with car windshield damage is lucky too, anything (stone/bolt) hitting at high speed on car windshield could cause serious damage not only to car but even can result in driver loosing control. I hope police keep strict patrol on such spots on highway.
mytbhp_turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 17:34   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
The showroom has quoted for Rs. 25280 for replacing the entire RH light assembly and has advised me to claim insurance with Minimum Deduction amount being Rs. 2000 in the B2B policy i have. Replacement and Insurance related work will be done on Monday, 13th December.

Also the vehicle completed 2000 Kms today. So attaching a picture of the same.
25k for a single Headlight . Is this with the LED Bulb attached or without it? I know OEM LED Bulbs are expensive but if that is 25k without the bulbs then I am just shell shocked.
Rshrey22 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 19:00   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
25k for a single Headlight
The design of the headlamp cluster doesn't seem so intricate and complex to manufacture. Wonder why such high pricing!
eccentric is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 19:18   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytbhp_turbo View Post
anything (stone/bolt) hitting at high speed on car windshield could cause serious damage not only to car but even can result in driver loosing control.
We also realized that the damage could have been much worse had the bolt hit the front windshield and might have startled the driver. Thankfully the incident did not cause any major distraction for the driver and the vehicle was well in control all through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
25k for a single Headlight . Is this with the LED Bulb attached or without it? I know OEM LED Bulbs are expensive but if that is 25k without the bulbs then I am just shell shocked.
The cost is for the entire RH light assembly. As can be seen from the pictures posted earlier the bulbs are not damaged but in these cases the service centre guys said it will be a total replacement of the entire assembly including the OEM LED. Ideally replacing only the glass housing keeping the bulbs intact would have been much cheaper. The replacement and Insurance claim shall be done tomorrow at the dealership.
LivingCars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 22:22   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
The cost is for the entire RH light assembly. As can be seen from the pictures posted earlier the bulbs are not damaged but in these cases the service centre guys said it will be a total replacement of the entire assembly including the OEM LED.
25K is for the complete RH assembly. Boodmo link also specifies the same price.
Meph1st0 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks