Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 09:44   #1621
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi guys
Finished my 15000 km service and here’s the feedback. Owing to family emergency, I had to take the Safari on a 1500 Km trip and overshot the 15000 km service mark by an additional 1100 Kms. As soon as the car crossed the 15000 service mark, the oil level indicator started blinking. A sure fire way to get your attention, I guess. Total cost of the service was Rs.21353/- Attaching the service bill details below.
Thanks for the info Neil. It's very useful. And I completely agree that the 16k kms life for the OEM brake pad is a shame. I would expect it to last atleast 40k kms. I don't remember changing the pads on my first Ecosport that I drove for nearly 58k kms.

Considering that, the maintenance cost of the Safari is really high.

Need to explore other options, like changing outside of the service centre. Also, is it mandatory that we use only OEM brake pads? Can we use other brands? Will it void warranty if we do that?

Last edited by Jude300 : 7th January 2022 at 09:50.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:24   #1622
BHPian

This is the exact same journey for me, except that i didnt have a Thar to Sell.
November/December last year i decided to get back on the road. Do not own a 4 wheeler since i sold of my trusted XUV 500 in 2017. The smile never left my face every single KM of its 1.4 odd lakh Kms with me. So the toss up was an XUV 700 or a pre used Endeavour (the Thar being quickly discarded from the list after driving my brothers Petrol AT from Banglore to Cochin.) Test drove the XUV 700 and was royally impressed, though i honestly felt that it wasnt a signifact improvement on my XUV 500, but for all the gizmos. Besides i am not willing to wait one year for ANY vehicle.

Almost bought a beautiful endeavour in Ahmedabad, but missed it by a day as the owner was not willing to wait 2 days for me to fly from Patna and do the necessary paper work. .
So went looking for another endeavour until my family called me an idiot for wanting to spending 25-30 lakhs on a preused vehicle and on one which is from a manufacturer not interested in selling new cars in India too. Showed them the Team BHP thread on why the Pre-used makes sense, and how Ford is still committed enough to this market. Somehow they didnt come out too impressed. So to cut a long story short, booked a Grey Safari XZA and should get delivery sometime in the last week of January. By the way, this aint a compromise choice at all. The Safari has been a love since childhood and had booked a storme and cancelled before i got the XUV 500 home, primarily for the gizmos it offered.

I intend to register with the bharat series and i have checked out the Team BHP thread, but specifically for Ahmedabad, Can somebody help with the costing and formalities as the dealer didnt really sound too clear ?

Last edited by nairanupg : 7th January 2022 at 19:27.
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:45   #1623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
How much did the tyre change cost you? I was also contemplating changing the tyres to Yokohama or Conti on my Harrier Dark Edition (18' wheels- Same spec as safari). Did they buy back your old tyres ?
Each Continental costs 18K, with OEM tyre buyback of 4K each. So I ended up paying 14K for Continentals. They're not cheap. I prefer Yokohama or Michelin, but they're not available anywhere. The only choice everyone gave was Continental, but no regrets after my long trip. Much better than the stock Bridgestone.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2022 at 21:50. Reason: Abbreviations, punctuation
mukeshannamalai is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th January 2022, 14:19   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys
Finished my 15000 km service and here’s the feedback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Automatic? Then its probably alright for the brake pads to wear out this early...
I drive an AT Scorpio and my brake pads lasts about 40-50K. Automatics don't/shouldn't eat that much.

Last edited by purohitanuj : 8th January 2022 at 14:26.
purohitanuj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 19:14   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post
Each Continental costs 18K, with OEM tyre buyback of 4K each. So I ended up paying 14K for Continentals. They're not cheap. I prefer Yokohama or Michelin, but they're not available anywhere. The only choice everyone gave was Continental, but no regrets after my long trip. Much better than the stock Bridgestone.

4k as buyback is very less. I was looking for a set of Bridgestone Ecopia's for my Harrier (235/60/18). None of the quoted prices was less than 15K.

ps: If someone wants to let go of their Bridgestones (less driven) PM me.

Last edited by shashi792 : 8th January 2022 at 19:15.
shashi792 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 19:33   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys

As you can see the front brake pads are replaced. I think 16000 Kms is too short for the brake pads to give up their life. Attaching the pics. You decide. OEM is Rane and I think at Rs.7500 its pretty expensive if you consider that it lasts only 16000 Kms. Servicing cost not including wheel balancing and w255237[/ATTACH]

My jetta DSG usually does 50k for brake pads. I have not heard 16k ever..
Metallicar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 21:48   #1627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
My jetta DSG usually does 50k for brake pads. I have not heard 16k ever..
It is here in this very forum, I promise.

Anyhow, it's not unusual for a diesel AT of this size to run through its brake pads . The gearing is a bit tall for city use, that may contribute to some accelerated wear.
Old 8th January 2022, 23:03   #1628
BHPian

Quote:

Anyhow, it's not unusual for a diesel AT of this size to run through its brake pads . The gearing is a bit tall for city use, that may contribute to some accelerated wear.
I have booked a Harrier. I don't like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingCars View Post
Hi All,

- I felt the 17 inch wheel size of the Harrier would have been ideal for the Safari going by the vehicle response on rough patches (Have travelled in friends Harrier on the same patch and hence could compare)

Thanks in advance for all the valuable inputs and excuses for the amateurish pictures taken in a jiffy from my phone.
18 in wheels are required due to the longer wheelbase of Safari vs Harrier.

Last edited by Sheel : 10th January 2022 at 20:52. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Old 9th January 2022, 11:56   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
18 in wheels are required due to the longer wheelbase of Safari vs Harrier.
Safari & Harrier have exactly same wheelbase of 2741 mm
Bhatt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 15:29   #1630
BHPian

Any suggestions on the must have accessories on a new Safari ?
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:23   #1631
BHPian

@Neil Roy you might want to check your driving scores on iRA app. It keeps a record of braking, acceleration, steering input and awards driving scores based on use. It generally shows higher scores for highway driving and relatively lower for city use. Do share your findings with us if possible.
Old 10th January 2022, 20:30   #1632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No, I believe this is just another case of the service center scamming the customer by forcing pre-mature brake changes. It's happening with hyundai too and since most people don't want to risk having ineffective brakes, they play it up really well to scare you into getting them done.

An innova automatic is much heavier than the Safari but we dont hear any reports of it having unusually short brake pad life. Infact, the only ones comparable to this are German sports cars.
Old 10th January 2022, 22:38   #1633
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

For what it's worth, brake pad life not just depends on the weight of the vehicle, it also depends on the 'material' used (both disc and pad) and the resulting wear rate.
venkyhere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 22:17   #1634
BHPian

Today I started my car after 3 days and the airbags light won't go away. Why such issues crop up only in Tata cars ����
Old 12th January 2022, 14:26   #1635

Re: Tata Safari 2021 White Gold that Glitters

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshannamalai View Post

Safari 2021 White Gold that Glitters

Last year Dec’2021, I sold my new Thar AT Diesel. Yes you are reading it right! I sold my Thar 2020 after 5K KMS, there were absolutely no problems in Thar but it's just not suitable for my liking so I ended up selling it. Mahindra engine is a GEM.
Congrats Mukesh, new Safari Gold looks beautiful in white.

May I ask what were the main reasons for replacing the Thar?

Personally, I feel practicality is an issue in terms of luggage space, ingress/egress for elderly, and also fuel economy for Petrol.
It feels like driving an electric car, range anxiety is always there for long rides in remote areas.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks