Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2022, 17:15   #1711
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I was all set to book the dark edition and was sad to see this. However, on further examination of the new e-brochure from Tata website, I see that it mentions variants from XZA onwards feature wireless chargers from this year. (check top right corner, second last line in first paragraph). Perhaps the XZA+ dark edition also comes with the wireless charger?
Don't know if this is an error in the documentation but i have confirmation from dealer that it doesn't come with wireless charger.
Old 20th January 2022, 17:35   #1712
Senior - BHPian

The car wireless charger heats up my phone. I dont mind if this feature isn't there
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2022, 17:35   #1713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Don't know if this is an error in the documentation but i have confirmation from dealer that it doesn't come with wireless charger.
I got Tata Safari XZA Plus fest edition (November manufactured) on 15th December and it came with wireless charger and air purifier. If brochure states then it would be coming with the wireless charger and air purifier, may be they are not aware of same as this has become standard now in XZA category.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st January 2022 at 05:22. Reason: Typos
Safari_Beast is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 20th January 2022, 17:37   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
I got Tata Safari zxa plus fest edition ( nov manufactured ) on 15th dec and it came with wireless charger and air purifier. If brochure states then it would be coming with the wireless charger and air purifier, may be they are not aware of same as this has become standard now in ZXA category.
You are right. All other variants except dark edition still come with it. That's what the SA confirmed.

I will be happy to be proven wrong, i am also waiting on the fence to book one anytime now.
Old 20th January 2022, 20:23   #1715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
You are right. All other variants except dark edition still come with it. That's what the SA confirmed.

I will be happy to be proven wrong, i am also waiting on the fence to book one anytime now.
I called up a local dealer and they that wireless chargers are only available in the Gold editions. Unsatisfied, I called up the number given on Tata Website and the person assisting also confirmed that none of the dark editions get wireless charging which is sad because I really wanted a fully loaded version in all dark trim.

I still hold out hope that all recently manufactured XZ+ and above versions come with wireless charging and air purifier as standard but there is no real way to know till I get the car.
Old 20th January 2022, 22:05   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
I called up a local dealer and they that wireless chargers are only available in the Gold editions. Unsatisfied, I called up the number given on Tata Website and the person assisting also confirmed that none of the dark editions get wireless charging which is sad because I really wanted a fully loaded version in all dark trim.

I still hold out hope that all recently manufactured XZ+ and above versions come with wireless charging and air purifier as standard but there is no real way to know till I get the car.
I looked up a Youtube video as well which confirms that wireless charger is missing in the Safari Dark edition and it was also confirmed by my dealer. That's the feature deletion IMO.

Also, the wireless charger is not only present in Gold Edition but the same is also present in Adventure Persona as well as other regular XZ, XZ+, XZA and XZA+ trims.

I am also contemplating to purchase the Dark Edition and working through with the local dealer to see if they can help me with the spare part number for the wireless charger and possibility of retrofitting the same in Dark Edition as the design of the dashboard and the tray/wireless charging pad would be the same so it should fit provided the wiring harness is still present.

Cheers!

Last edited by iabhishekkumar : 20th January 2022 at 22:09. Reason: Adding more information on my post!
Old 20th January 2022, 22:13   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I am also contemplating to purchase the Dark Edition and working through with the local dealer to see if they can help me with the spare part number for the wireless charger and possibility of retrofitting the same in Dark Edition as the design of the dashboard and the tray/wireless charging pad would be the same so it should fit provided the wiring harness is still present.

Cheers!
This is a good idea and i might also do the same if its not that cumbersome.

Secondly, folks, i understand your situation, but thankfully Wireless charger is not really a showstopper. But yes, i can understand the feeling of getting robbed of features.
On a lighter note, lets buy our cars before any more features get deleted
Old 21st January 2022, 07:34   #1718
BHPian

I have an XUV 700 AWD L booked but this dark edition has me drooling. My dates have moved around quite a bit and as of now Mahindra says that I might get my vehicle around Feb.

I am thinking that I should go ahead and the dark safari and take whatever comes earlier as not sure if Mahindra will keep its promise this time.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 08:04   #1719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramr9 View Post
Only worry will be, how can the owner of this black beauty manage driving it during Indian Summers when the vehicle upon a 20 min exposure will turn into an oven, Aircon needs to run in 150% to keep the cabin pleasent,
Nothing of that sort. I own a black pack edition of the discovery sport, everything in the interior is blacked out. Even with the panoramic glass roof open, under 12pm sun, the cabin feels chilly with the blower at minimum speed.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 11:22   #1720
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Need some input on following points:

I booked my Safari XZA in Dec'21 with an overall discount of 40K (20k TATA + 20K dealer). As the delivery got moved to Jan'22 and a confirmed 2022 model, the dealer has reduced the discount to 20k only. Do we know if in such cases, TATA year end discount will not be applicable?

I am very close of getting the delivery, I am concerned about 2 issues:
  1. Are the standard tyres good? have read a lot about noise/ burst etc. Should one get these exchanged/ upgraded at the earliest?
  2. How to ensure DEF/DPF regeneration? Based on various discussions, it seems one need to plan a 30-40min drive at a decent speed.
Old 21st January 2022, 20:21   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
Hello everyone,

Need some input on following points:

I booked my Safari XZA in Dec'21 with an overall discount of 40K (20k TATA + 20K dealer). As the delivery got moved to Jan'22 and a confirmed 2022 model, the dealer has reduced the discount to 20k only. Do we know if in such cases, TATA year end discount will not be applicable?

I am very close of getting the delivery, I am concerned about 2 issues:
  1. Are the standard tyres good? have read a lot about noise/ burst etc. Should one get these exchanged/ upgraded at the earliest?
  2. How to ensure DEF/DPF regeneration? Based on various discussions, it seems one need to plan a 30-40min drive at a decent speed.
Hi Vikas,

All the best for your soon to be delivered Safari XZA

1) Not sure about the tyre brand that comes with Safari but my Harrier XZA+ came with Apollo Apterra which are decent - for OEM tyres. I plan to change them once I cross 30K kms.

2) Do not worry about DPF/DEF regeneration. My Harrier has run 13.5K kms till now - majority of my running is short drives within 30-40 kms. I have not encountered any issues till date. Occasional highway drives should take care of this.
The Riddler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2022, 22:55   #1722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Gold comes home on Dhanteras.

Tyres are Bridgestone Ecopia EP850, 235/60 R18 103V.

Absolutely odd size and low tyre height for the mammoth. Sadly, Geolandars G015 don't come in this size. Both Innovas take on all sorts of terrains with the G015 205/65 R15 96H shoes...
Finally the worry comes true with a Grand Collateral Damage.

2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20220121-5.51.31-pm.jpeg

Bridgestone has declined any Warranty Claims.

Seems we will not be able to throw it around like the Innovas with Geolandar G015 ATs.

It so pinches to see the horrible R18 size with low profile tyres going burst like this and especially not being available in Geolandar G015 ATs.
Old 22nd January 2022, 08:46   #1723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
  2. How to ensure DEF/DPF regeneration?
Congratulations!

With regard to discounts, if delivery was moved to Jan because of the company or the dealer, you should ask them to honour their promise. You can try walk away saying you are cancelling the booking. One of the things to note is that the bookings are high for sunroof variants and they will have to hold non sunroof variants for longer time in their stock (I.e. higher interest cost for them). So there could be some benefit they would offer if you say you want to cancel. On the flip side, if you wanted the delivery to be moved, then there is little chance that you would get the discount from the company.

On the tires, I also own the XZA variant that comes with 18 inch wheels. So far I ve been lucky and have been ensuring tyre pressure is maintained right. I usually keep it a point higher i.e. 34psi when I know my usage will be less. When there are long drives I correct it back to the right pressure i.e. 33psi. A tire exchange will solve only if it was due to the quality of the tire. If it was due to the wrong selection of 18' as a wheel size for this car then the risk will continue to be the same. Given the number of people who exchange their tires will be less you will not know if that solves the problem. In my case, I would continue to use it and change it only if it gets damaged. Anyway, you don't save much by exchanging them when they are new.

On DPF regeneration, while it would be a bit early for me to comment as I have driven the car for only 4400kms, this is what I have done. I got 2 long late night drives where I drove the car in "Manual" mode in 3rd gear over 60kmph for nearly 25 mins each time. This should have helped with any regeneration that would be required.

You can read more about my ownership in my ownership review.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2022, 10:25   #1724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Finally the worry comes true with a Grand Collateral Damage.]

Bridgestone has declined any Warranty Claims.

Seems we will not be able to throw it around like the Innovas with Geolandar G015 ATs.

It so pinches to see the horrible R18 size with low profile tyres going burst like this and especially not being available in Geolandar G015 ATs.
Was this the front tyres or the rear?

Ecopia will need some careful use on bad roads , best to maintain exact cold air pressure and drive it till it wears out BUT everything else in this size as well is road biased tyres, so not much of an upgrade can be done.

I first saw this size tyre on XUV5OO later models, even after so many years there aren't many options for this size and they are very expensive too.
Old 22nd January 2022, 14:39   #1725
BHPian

To all Delhi NCR folks - is the dark edition on display anywhere in Delhi NCR?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks