Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 15:37   #1816

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Finally, took the delivery of my Tata Safari #Dark yesterday. Vehicle was ready, paper works were done swiftly and had been able to drive out with #Dark in under an hour. Sharing few snaps from the day.

2021 Tata Safari Review-_dsc0078.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-_dsc0081.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-_dsc0128.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-_dsc0129.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-_dsc0082.jpg
satyapj is offline   (56) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 15:38   #1817
BHPian

Goosebumps.

BigB is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:02   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
Finally, took the delivery of my Tata Safari #Dark yesterday. Vehicle was ready, paper works were done swiftly and had been able to drive out with #Dark in under an hour. Sharing few snaps from the day.
Congrats, looks absolutely Gangsta!

Does the bonnet mascot come as standard or you paid for it? If paid, how much please?
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:36   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Even XUV 700 had no escape from the punch of reloaded TML.

Tata Harrier+SAFARI : 4265 units.
MM XUV 700: 4119 units.
Hyundai Alcazar : 3168 units.
MM Scorpio : 3026 units.
Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA : 2433 units.
MG Hector & + : 2039 units.
Jeep Compass : 861 units.
Kia Carens : 575 units.

Source : AutoPunditz
Has Innova sales been finally tamed due to fierce and direct competition? Or is it just a blip? Innova used to average 5-6k monthly, 3k is lower number for Toyota.

We now have options to buy big diesels in 6-7 seater mid-top variant in price range of GX Auto variant of Innova. All hail competition!

Last edited by varunswnt : 7th February 2022 at 17:39.
varunswnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:43   #1820

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats, looks absolutely Gangsta!
Thank you

Quote:
Does the bonnet mascot come as standard or you paid for it? If paid, how much please?
Bonnet mascot is part of additional accessories priced at Rs. 485/-, I got chrome as it goes well with black body. Have seen black bonnet mascot on adventure persona but not sure if that's part of adventure persona or additional accessory.
satyapj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:07   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Finally the worry comes true with a Grand Collateral Damage.
Bridgestone has declined any Warranty Claims.

I have a Harrier Dark Edition with a similar tyre profile. I too had a side-wall cut. Bridgestone declined the warranty claim. For now, I have used an electric patch as a stop-gap-arrangement. Did you replace it with another Ecopia or shifted to something else ?

What did you do ?.
Old 8th February 2022, 18:41   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Today I got to see Dark Safari in flesh at Treo Tata at Okhla and managed to get a long test drive on a Gold Edition Safari. The sales staff was patient and arranged for a Gold Edition car to test drive as I needed to check the ventilated seats, air purifier etc.

I was offered an January 2022 made Dark Edition which I have booked. I will be doing a PDI on Thursday. If things go well at PDI, I will cancel the XUV 700 and proceed with Safari.
Update - I received my Dark Edition Safari on 4th February 2022. Got ceramic coating done on the weekend. Attaching couple of pictures of my new ride post ceramic coating.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-safari1.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-safari2.jpg  

Torque_Cruiser is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:25   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post

Quote:
Update - I received my Dark Edition Safari on 4th February 2022. Got ceramic coating done on the weekend. Attaching couple of pictures of my new ride post ceramic coating.

Hoo boy, it looks absolutely stunning in that shade of black. Makes me all the more excited to go see mine in person once its delivered on the coming 11th. Congrats to both of you for your menacing beasts!

How much did the ceramic pro coating cost you? I'm wondering whether to get it done as well once I pick up the car.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 20:58   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Congrats to both of you for your menacing beasts!

How much did the ceramic pro coating cost you? I'm wondering whether to get it done as well once I pick up the car.
Ceramic coating set me back by 30k. It has added to gloss and given a layer of protection.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 21:01   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
I have a Harrier Dark Edition with a similar tyre profile. I too had a side-wall cut. Bridgestone declined the warranty claim. For now, I have used an electric patch as a stop-gap-arrangement. Did you replace it with another Ecopia or shifted to something else ?

What did you do ?.
Hello shashi792,

Bridgestone denied warranty. The best quote we got was about 14k.

But we discussed with our Tata dealer and as a goodwill gesture and being literally brand new, got the same replaced at 50% cost at dealership only. Thanks to dealer for consideration.
parsh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 00:37   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, it looks amazing in black. I have booked white But black is really tempting. I think about changing the booking every day But then I think about how I will never be able to maintain it and sit quiet. :
Old 9th February 2022, 12:38   #1827
BHPian

Friends, Those who have already bought Safari with white upholstery can you share how has been your experience of maintaining seats? Do they become dirty very quickly ? How are you cleaning it? I do like Royale Blue colour but am worried for the challenge of maintaining interiors and hence looking at real life experiences. Thank you for your inputs.
Old 9th February 2022, 13:13   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, looks like you have got the front parking sensors installed as well. Can you please share details like:
- Whether done outside or at Showroom?
- How do they engage exactly? I am guessing they give a visual or audio alert below a certain speed?
Old 9th February 2022, 13:15   #1829

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Friends, Those who have already bought Safari with white upholstery can you share how has been your experience of maintaining seats? Do they become dirty very quickly ? How are you cleaning it? I do like Royale Blue colour but am worried for the challenge of maintaining interiors and hence looking at real life experiences. Thank you for your inputs.
Hi Pranav, it's been a month since I got the delivery of my Safari. Till now it hasn't been difficult to maintain the upholstery. It does not get dirty quickly. And there are always some products we can use to keep it clean like 3M interior car cleaner or turtle wax. If this ia the only thing bothering you, I would suggest go ahead and book your car. Good luck!
Gaurav_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 13:45   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Wow, it looks amazing in black. I have booked white But black is really tempting. I think about changing the booking every day But then I think about how I will never be able to maintain it and sit quiet. :
Yes it does look amazing. Take your pick what will bother you more, maintaining white interiors or a black exterior. This is a darker version of black when compared to Black Gold Safari. and this one does stand out.

Quote:
Congrats, looks like you have got the front parking sensors installed as well. Can you please share details like:
- Whether done outside or at Showroom?
- How do they engage exactly? I am guessing they give a visual or audio alert below a certain speed?

I got the sensors installed by Tata. There is a switch with which you can switch it on and off. The alert is a beep which keeps increasing as you get closer to an object. I keep it off mostly as it beeps a lot while driving. The only use is in tight parking situations.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed