Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 13:51   #1831
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
I got the sensors installed by Tata. There is a switch with which you can switch it on and off. The alert is a beep which keeps increasing as you get closer to an object. I keep it off mostly as it beeps a lot while driving. The only use is in tight parking situations.
Thanks! Would be great if you could share the pics of the switch and total cost you were charged!
Old 9th February 2022, 14:03   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it does look amazing. Take your pick what will bother you more, maintaining white interiors or a black exterior. This is a darker version of black when compared to Black Gold Safari.
Changed my booking to XT plus from XZ primarily because of White interiors on XZ

Waiting times seems to have reduced. Got a call today that my car may get alloted in a day or two and then a week to reach the dealership. They asked me for my preferred delivery date.
Old 10th February 2022, 17:33   #1833

Quote:
Update - I received my Dark Edition Safari on 4th February 2022. Got ceramic coating done on the weekend. Attaching couple of pictures of my new ride post ceramic coating.
Looks beautiful, I haven't done any coating yet but was considering ceramic, most likely will go with it over weekend. Congratulations again.
satyapj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 18:37   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching couple of pictures of my new ride post ceramic coating.
I think you should get the dealership’s stickers removed from the rear. An eyesore in an otherwise splendid looking car!

I am waiting for delivery of my royal blue Safari and I too am planning to get ceramic coating. The detailing shop at my place quoted something like 33k for our Honda City, this one would be even costlier. This is Turtle Wax franchise.
Old 11th February 2022, 01:19   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
Finally, took the delivery of my Tata Safari #Dark yesterday.
Congratulation on your the beast! It looks absolutely smashing in Oberon Black shade. I wanted to confirm whether you have the wireless charging available in Dark Edition?

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 08:51   #1836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Congratulation on your the beast! It looks absolutely smashing in Oberon Black shade. I wanted to confirm whether you have the wireless charging available in Dark Edition?

Cheers!
Dark edition misses out on the wireless charger.

Not sure, how easy it is to retrofit using oem parts, will definitely explore once i get mine.
Old 11th February 2022, 09:28   #1837

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
I wanted to confirm whether you have the wireless charging available in Dark Edition?
Thank you and yes it does miss wireless charging. I haven't explored aftermarket solution yet for I believe they are very slow to charge phone. Probably using usb port under the arm rest will be better.

On a side note, wireless android auto works great, it tends to heat up phone a bit though.
Old 11th February 2022, 22:20   #1838
Senior - BHPian

My Safari xza+ dark finally reached the dealership yard and I went to do a pre-delivery/registration inspection today. I was so eager to see the car in person that I left without even having lunch.

At first glance, everything seemed good. However, I was shocked to see that the front and second row AC / climate control vents doesn't blow any air at all, despite me changing the fan speed and temperature to the maximum setting. When I pointed this out to the sales assistant, he came and fiddled around with the buttons a bit and then said that it was because the PDI was not complete yet. According to him, the AC will only start working after the dealer PDI is complete which would take around 3.5 hours per car and that is when all features will start working. I was dubious of this answer and told him to show me another car that arrived yesterday so I can check whether the AC works on that. However, my car was apparently the only safari or harrier that was delivered yesterday and though there were plenty of Safaris in the yard, they had all already undergone PDI according to him. I checked all the vents and the 3rd row vents were the only ones blowing air when I used the separate fan control in the last row.

I had come prepared to give the full payment of the car after inspection but this has left me feeling uncertain so I declined. The dealer and the sales manager has assured me that everything will be working by the time of delivery and that I can come visit tomorrow after they finish their PDI to see it for myself. I do not understand why they told me I can come today if I can't verify that everything is working in the car. I thought the whole point of me doing inspection is to ensure that all features work and the car doesn't have any issues at all before completing payment. I don't know if the new tatas come with their climate control disabled. Is this normal? If this car does have a defective AC, I would rather not take delivery of it. I fear that the car came defective from the factory and they are going to repair the AC. Did anyone else also face this issue when they went to inspect their car?
Cresterk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 12:56   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
My Safari xza+ dark finally reached the dealership yard and I went to do a pre-delivery/registration inspection today. I was so eager to see the car in person that I left without even having lunch.

Did anyone else also face this issue when they went to inspect their car?

Let them do the PDI and then you can make a exhaustive check of the Team BHP forum recommended checklist. If after that there is some problem then i think you can decide what to do.

My safari's AC is working fine and i went and did the final inspection after the dealer did his PDI.
cavenkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 15:51   #1840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavenkat View Post
Let them do the PDI and then you can make a exhaustive check of the Team BHP forum recommended checklist. If after that there is some problem then i think you can decide what to do.

My safari's AC is working fine and i went and did the final inspection after the dealer did his PDI.
I thought of doing the same but today when I called them, they said its not ready and that they will call me 2 days later, maybe on monday. This despite all their guarantees yesterday. All the horror stories of niggles faced by Safari owners are on my mind and I feel uneasy inside. I am of half a mind to just cancel the booking and go for something else.

Last edited by Cresterk : 12th February 2022 at 15:52.
Old 12th February 2022, 15:56   #1841
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:

At first glance, everything seemed good. However, I was shocked to see that the front and second row AC / climate control vents doesn't blow any air at all, despite me changing the fan speed and temperature to the maximum setting. When I pointed this out to the sales assistant, he came and fiddled around with the buttons a bit and then said that it was because the PDI was not complete yet. According to him, the AC will only start working after the dealer PDI is complete which would take around 3.5 hours per car and that is when all features will start working. I was dubious of this answer and told him to show me another car that arrived yesterday so I can check whether the AC works on that. However, my car was apparently the only safari or harrier that was delivered yesterday and though there were plenty of Safaris in the yard, they had all already undergone PDI according to him. I checked all the vents and the 3rd row vents were the only ones blowing air when I used the separate fan control in the last row.

I had come prepared to give the full payment of the car after inspection but this has left me feeling uncertain so I declined. The dealer and the sales manager has assured me that everything will be working by the time of delivery and that I can come visit tomorrow after they finish their PDI to see it for myself. I do not understand why they told me I can come today if I can't verify that everything is working in the car. I thought the whole point of me doing inspection is to ensure that all features work and the car doesn't have any issues at all before completing payment. I don't know if the new tatas come with their climate control disabled. Is this normal? If this car does have a defective AC, I would rather not take delivery of it. I fear that the car came defective from the factory and they are going to repair the AC. Did anyone else also face this issue when they went to inspect their car?
That's as big a load of bovine excrement as the (in)famous Ghazipur landfill. The HVAC system of the car should work at 100% efficiency the moment the vehicle rolls off the factory floor. Call another Tata dealer (in another city or state if possible) and confirm if this is indeed the case with Tata vehicles. Drop a mail to Tata Motors about the same.

If I were in your place, I would simply cancel the booking or make the dealer allot a new vehicle.

P.S: Was the A/C compressor starting up when you switched on the air conditioner?

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 12th February 2022 at 16:00.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 17:24   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
That's as big a load of bovine excrement as the (in)famous Ghazipur landfill. The HVAC system of the car should work at 100% efficiency the moment the vehicle rolls off the factory floor. Call another Tata dealer (in another city or state if possible) and confirm if this is indeed the case with Tata vehicles. Drop a mail to Tata Motors about the same.

If I were in your place, I would simply cancel the booking or make the dealer allot a new vehicle.

P.S: Was the A/C compressor starting up when you switched on the air conditioner?
I think the compressor was working as according to my dad, the rear most row with the manual blower was blowing cool air. But none of the vents in the 1st and 2nd row, connected to the automatic climate control system was blowing any air at all, no matter what settings I changed to.

Do you know their customer support email id? I can only find their phone number. Might as well drop an email.

Last edited by Cresterk : 12th February 2022 at 17:26.
Old 12th February 2022, 19:31   #1843
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I think the compressor was working as according to my dad, the rear most row with the manual blower was blowing cool air. But none of the vents in the 1st and 2nd row, connected to the automatic climate control system was blowing any air at all, no matter what settings I changed to.

Do you know their customer support email id? I can only find their phone number. Might as well drop an email.
It makes no sense for the forward cooling systems to not work if the compressor was switching on unless the blower motor (or its fuse) conked off. The PDI theory does not make any sense.

Anyways, the link below contains phone numbers of every Regional Tata Motors office (statewise) along with the phone number and email-ID (customercare@tatamotors.com) of Tata Motors HQ . Hope it proves to be of some help.

https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/contact-us

P.S: I would still advise you to wash your hands off this particular car. The Safari does not command a long waiting period (atleast last I checked) and you should be able to get a fresh piece from another dealer very quickly.

Last edited by sierrabravo98 : 12th February 2022 at 19:36.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 20:32   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
It makes no sense for the forward cooling systems to not work if the compressor was switching on unless the blower motor (or its fuse) conked off. The PDI theory does not make any sense.

Anyways, the link below contains phone numbers of every Regional Tata Motors office (statewise) along with the phone number and email-ID (customercare@tatamotors.com) of Tata Motors HQ . Hope it proves to be of some help.

https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/contact-us

P.S: I would still advise you to wash your hands off this particular car. The Safari does not command a long waiting period (atleast last I checked) and you should be able to get a fresh piece from another dealer very quickly.
I have sent them an email and I think you're right. I will call the dealer on monday to tell them I need another car or I'm cancelling my booking.
Old 13th February 2022, 15:50   #1845
BHPian

Thank you for such a wealth of information on the Tata Safari. It's been a truly enriching experience. I plan to buy the Tata Safari and cannot seem to decide between the Adventure Persona, the Black Gold and the Dark Edition.
Would really appreciate a little help from you..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks