Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 09:54   #1861
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
Also noticed a speed limit warning indicator flashing on dashboard every time I crossed 80kmph. Not sure if it can be turned off but found it certain useful.
I would certainly not suggest to turn alarm off. However you can change the speed limits of alarms.
On iRA app , go to settings. In alarm settings, you can change the speed limit alarm chime 2021 Tata Safari Review-ee2bd0d525ae448caae861d548abb547.png

Cheers
NitSat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 10:07   #1862

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
I would certainly not suggest to turn alarm off. However you can change the speed limits of alarms.
On iRA app , go to settings. In alarm settings, you can change the speed limit alarm chime Attachment 2272794

Cheers
This would only alter the notification received in the IRA app. The single beep at 80 kmph ans continuous beep above 120 kmph cannot be turned off.
Old 15th February 2022, 10:12   #1863

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Certainly not intending to turn it off, in fact it is useful. Thank you for pointing out to iRA app. In my case, it's still not got activated yet. Tried to reach out customer care for the same but could not connect.
Old 15th February 2022, 16:17   #1864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Thanks! Would be great if you could share the pics of the switch and total cost you were charged!
Attached is the pic of the switch. It cost me around 2k. After using it for two weeks, I can safely say that it is more of a nuisance than help. Won't recommend it's installation.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-cc27be6fd43a4ca6ae5645e377c8901c.jpeg  

Torque_Cruiser is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 11:25   #1865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Attached is the pic of the switch. It cost me around 2k. After using it for two weeks, I can safely say that it is more of a nuisance than help. Won't recommend it's installation.
Felt similar for dash camera for front parking sensor. Saw a couple of YouTube videos, from car accessories dealer from Pune & Hyderabad, claiming 360 camera integrated with main console of Safari & Harrier. Video looks good but not sure if it will void the warranty of the car.
Old 16th February 2022, 12:05   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari Adventure Persona is now available in Orcus White, equipped with Ventilated Seats on 1st & 2nd Row(6-seater), Wireless Charger and much more.

2021 Tata Safari Review-20220216_120335.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th February 2022 at 12:06.
Venkatesh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 13:07   #1867
BHPian

So my Car has reached the dealer but I can't take delivery yet. I didn't expect this to happen in two weeks. I am yet to recieve the NOC for my Duster and need that money to make the payment.

Another question is around NCB. ICICI Lombard guys tell me they need proof of car sale to issue the NCB letter but that will take atleast another weak. Can anyone confirm if I can take the new car and it's insurance and then get refund when I have the NCB letter in a week or so.
Old 16th February 2022, 14:23   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post

Another question is around NCB. ICICI Lombard guys tell me they need proof of car sale to issue the NCB letter but that will take atleast another weak. Can anyone confirm if I can take the new car and it's insurance and then get refund when I have the NCB letter in a week or so.
I went through the same problem and I negotiated with my insurance company that they would incorporate the NCB for residual tenure of the policy. The NCB is valid for three years so worst case you can get it from next year.
Old 16th February 2022, 14:53   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Tell them you will pay the NCB discount you got when you renewed the policy which will make your current vehicle policy a 0% NCB one and ask them to issue a NCB certificate. This is what I did with Bajaj Allianz back in 2018.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 16:26   #1870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So my Car has reached the dealer but I can't take delivery yet. I didn't expect this to happen in two weeks. I am yet to recieve the NOC for my Duster and need that money to make the payment.

I used NCB on my i10 for my Jetta while renewal. So no sale was done still Bajaj Allianz transferred NCB from i10 to Jetta and then on pro-rata basis they charged me extra 1K on i10 policy.
Old 16th February 2022, 17:26   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Safari Adventure Persona is now available in Orcus White, equipped with Ventilated Seats on 1st & 2nd Row(6-seater), Wireless Charger and much more.
Checked the specs, and left me confused.

Does the Orcus White come with white seats, while the original misty blue Adventure version still has the beige seats ?

Are ventilated seats available in the 7 seater Adventure version at least for first row, or only is it only in the 6 seater version ?

Last edited by Sheel : 16th February 2022 at 17:39. Reason: Capitalized the starting word. Thanks.
Old 16th February 2022, 17:31   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Does the Orcus White come with white seats, while the original misty blue Adventure version still has the beige seats ?

Are ventilated seats available in the 7 seater Adventure version at least for first row, or only is it only in the 6 seater version ?
I spoke to Prerana Motors, Bangalore Sales person. He confirmed that ventilated seats are available only in 6 seater version. It is not available for 7 seater Adventure Persona edition ( or for that matter with any Safari editions)

Last edited by Sheel : 16th February 2022 at 17:39. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
pranav_mankad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 18:21   #1873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Oh! So sad to see this. I too am awaiting delivery of my Safari, can you tell me which dealer is this?

On another note, I happened to stumble upon this video. I guess he has taken it a bit too far, but seeing such issues in a new car will make one freak out! Pardon BHP-ians who don’t follow malayalam.

https://Youtu.be/XpJdemxpv6s
This was Sree Gokulam Tata in Ernakulam. Still no call from them regarding the car that was supposed to be 'fixed in a single day after dealership PDI'. If their customer service is this bad before you even buy the car, I shudder to think what their after sales is like.

I will also post the VIN so it helps others stay clear of buying this defective piece but I'm not sure if it's within the rules of this forum. I will wait for a mod to confirm.

Last edited by Cresterk : 16th February 2022 at 18:24.
Old 16th February 2022, 18:56   #1874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Tell them you will pay the NCB discount you got when you renewed the policy which will make your current vehicle policy a 0% NCB one and ask them to issue a NCB certificate. This is what I did with Bajaj Allianz back in 2018.
They said no to it but let me check once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I used NCB on my i10 for my Jetta while renewal. So no sale was done still Bajaj Allianz transferred NCB from i10 to Jetta and then on pro-rata basis they charged me extra 1K on i10 policy.
I expected ICICI Lombard to be more flexible but they seem adamant on sale proof and they want RC or acknowledged form 29 and form 30 since this is direct sale . They are not ok with even a notorised agreement. They said they would have been fine with dealer or cars24 etc slip if it was through those companies.

Dealer has tie up with New India and Iffco Tokio and they are pretty much matching the quote with IL except for return to invoice rider which is only available with IL. The difference for NCB is roughly 10k and then NCB for subsequent years if all goes well.

On another note, I had booked the car on Feb 2 and it reached dealership yesterday. The VIN shows manufacturing of Jan month. Hope that's ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
I spoke to Prerana Motors, Bangalore Sales person. He confirmed that ventilated seats are available only in 6 seater version. It is not available for 7 seater Adventure Persona edition ( or for that matter with any Safari editions)
Aren't the front seats ventilated for 7 seat version?

Last edited by SinghP09 : 16th February 2022 at 19:05. Reason: Added information.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 19:44   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

All XZ+/XZA+ versions (including Adventure which is Option of XZ+/XZA+) now have Ventilated Seats which was launched initially with Gold Version only.

7 seater version gets Ventilated Seats in the Front Bucket Seats only.
6 seater version gets Ventilated Seats in the Rear Bucket Seats also.

I can confirm this surely having Black Gold XZ+ 7 seater with us and related information from other actual versions and from dealer.

The brochure also has clear disclaimer "*2nd Row Ventilated Seats in 6-Seater version only".

Last edited by parsh : 16th February 2022 at 19:53.
parsh is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed