Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:09   #1891
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
Quick question to all the safari owners who recently upgraded their infotainment system to the latest version (wirelss), have you faced hang issue with screen where volume button does not work and you have to disconnect and then connect again to resolve the same. I am facing this issue with the latest version and planning to lodge a complaint with tata about the same
Have got the car with latest version as it is 2022 model. Have not faced any issues so far over radio or Apple Car play. Infact the wireless connectivity is seamless. Over some other forums though, I got to know of issues with Android Auto.
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:13   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I was in a similar delima and below is what made me finalise on 7 seater:
====
I suggest you take a test drive of both to see which one you like. All the best!
Thank you so much for your immediate response! Really appreciate this.
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:14   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
If the number of people is not an issue, should one go for the 6-seater or the 7-seater version? I am wondering what the pros and cons of each version are..
I will suggest to go for 7 seater for following reasons:
  1. In long term, it will keep the option open to accommodate an extra person
  2. Being a bench, 2nd row is more spacious/ useful in 7 seater even if you skip 3rd row completely
  3. It is not easy or comfortable to get to the 3rd row in 6 seater configuration
vikas2211 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 12:30   #1894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
  2. Being a bench, 2nd row is more spacious/ useful in 7 seater even if you skip 3rd row completely
  3. It is not easy or comfortable to get to the 3rd row in 6 seater configuration
Thank you for the sharing of your logic. Makes sense, yes..
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:33   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Carz View Post
Write to Tata Motors on their Twitter handle. You will see immediate response. It worked for me.
Thanks. I had abandoned the attempts to get a test drive mid-December to mid-February. When I reached out again, and found that the same story is repeating itself, I wrote to Tata Motors on the twitter handle. This got an immediate response from the sales teams of both the showrooms that I had visited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas2211 View Post
Completely agree. These are the exact reasons that we are going with 7 seater as well. One of friends struggled to get into the third row in the 6 seater, while my Dad was able to get in to the 3rd row in the 7 seater without much trouble.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th March 2022 at 22:24. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 23rd February 2022, 15:53   #1896

I have clocked around 2300 kms so far in 1 and a half months and just got my first service done yesterday. I am really enjoying my drive and service experience too was great. In fact I got some things corrected which were not done right by my accessory guy. The SA was really nice and I hope in future too this keeps up.

I haven't had any issues with the car so far. I have made 1100 kms roundtrip Pune to Goa and it was a pleasure driving the Tata Safari. Really happy with the purchase!
Gaurav_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 17:05   #1897
BHPian

Hi Everyone

Noob question may be. Is it possible to fit Harrier's parcel tray in Safari? It might not be a direct fit but even with some hacks/mods will it be possible?

2021 Tata Safari Review-screen-shot-20220223-4.58.21-pm.png

WHY? - I like the Harrier with proper boot with parcel tray but occasionally we might need the third row seats. Hence this question. A safari boot that looks like harrier with seats down is what i am looking for. Can't stand the sight of suitcases moving around an open boot area. It kinda bothers me. What shall i do?

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:03   #1898
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Its possible however, there is some difference between Harrier and Safari`s second row. Even in the bench seat version, Safari`s second row will not 'seal' the space behind it like a dedicated 5 seater would - because its designed to fold every time to provide access to third row.

A sedan like boot experience is missed with any other body shape because luggage shares cabin space and all that rattling will accompany us during travel. The solution is to pack everything in soft bags and prevent them from moving around, you can use a cargo net or bungee cord.
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:42   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
Congratulations on the vehicle!
I am also planning to get ceramic coating done on my XUV 700 soon, I visited the Detailing Devils outlet in FBD to get a quote, and they are asking 35k for 5 years. Please share your review on quality of the coating and if it protects from minor marks and scratches. Has it become easier to remove dust, etc. after the coating? (I am especially tired of dust on my car)
I got a similar quote from Noida outlet. This is the first time I got a ceramic coating done so cant compare with anyone else. I can say that my car has more gloss and water doesnt stick on it at all. Looked quite cool when it rained. Also, didnt think about it but its easier to dust it off using a Jopasu duster.
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2022, 18:46   #1900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Is it possible to fit Harrier's parcel tray in Safari? It might not be a direct fit but even with some hacks/mods will it be possible?
Reach out to your friendly SA - and ask him that you want to check it out by placing a the parcel tray from a Harrier into your Safari .. and if it works, that you will be ordering one.
Old 23rd February 2022, 22:13   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Hi Everyone

Noob question may be. Is it possible to fit Harrier's parcel tray in Safari? It might not be a direct fit but even with some hacks/mods will it be possible?
We tried that when we went to check them out. The plastic parts in the third row lack the groove in which the harrier's tray goes. We decided we'd get a tray fabricated later on from Karol Bagh.
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 10:35   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Reach out to your friendly SA - and ask him that you want to check it out by placing a the parcel tray from a Harrier into your Safari .. and if it works, that you will be ordering one.
It wont work, since the plastic trims on the sides dont have grooves where tray can sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
We tried that when we went to check them out. The plastic parts in the third row lack the groove in which the harrier's tray goes. We decided we'd get a tray fabricated later on from Karol Bagh.
Can you share the pics of this tray and cost please?

Last edited by revved_up : 24th February 2022 at 10:37.
Old 24th February 2022, 12:27   #1903
BHPian

Ok so 1 week after the Safari came home, i have faced two issues so far. Found this nut in the footwell area on driver side. Picture below. Wonder where this came from. It may very well have never been used by the looks of it.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220224wa0008.jpg

Also AC seems to be a bit erratic. Sometimes it does everything other than cooling the cabin. Wonder if it's to do with outside temperature being around 20 deg C but it just doesn't throw cool air sometimes and then starts doing it once i restart the car. There is that change in sound when i switch on the AC but no cooling. Didn't think I will have to visit service center with in 200 km . Let's hope no new major issues crop up
SinghP09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 12:43   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Ok so 1 week after the Safari came home, i have faced two issues so far. Found this nut in the footwell area on driver side. Picture below. Wonder where this came from. It may very well have never been used by the looks of it.

Attachment 2276823

Also AC seems to be a bit erratic. Sometimes it does everything other than cooling the cabin. Wonder if it's to do with outside temperature being around 20 deg C but it just doesn't throw cool air sometimes and then starts doing it once i restart the car. There is that change in sound when i switch on the AC but no cooling. Didn't think I will have to visit service center with in 200 km . Let's hope no new major issues crop up
The nuts are a very common thing in the Safari. Even I found them and have read others finding those too. So nothing major there.

As far as AC is concerned, do you use Auto AC? It might be because of that. I have never had any issues with it. Infact it is amongst the best AC in the segment, I feel.
Gaurav_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 13:13   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav_7 View Post
The nuts are a very common thing in the Safari. Even I found them and have read others finding those too. So nothing major there.

As far as AC is concerned, do you use Auto AC? It might be because of that. I have never had any issues with it. Infact it is amongst the best AC in the segment, I feel.
Yes remember reading about the nuts thing from multiple owners. But it's still really scary and not really expected.

Yes it is the first time I am really using an Auto AC so there is a possibility of me doing something wrong but I have gone through the manual and everything and I don't think I missed anything. I will visit the service center once and see.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks