Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2022, 21:23   #1951
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post
Thanks for the suggestions @SinghP09

From where did you order Autoform 7D mats and what is the cost?
I am considering below 2 options and unable to decide yet.

1. Hi-Art 7D mats (link)
2. GFX mats (link)

I ended up getting Hi Art from the same link you shared. They are decent but probably not as good as Elegant and Autoform. I have been waiting for Autoform for 2 weeks now and didn't want to wait any longer. Elegant guys quoted 7700 and told me it would take 10-15 days. I have to do a 1500 km trip end of this month and can't afford to travel without mats with the kids and the dog

May be will try Elegant a few months down the line.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:35   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post

Dashcam: Planning 70mai or DDPAI but model not yet decided.
AFAIK, the 70mai model comes with an inbuilt lithium-polymer battery - might not be a safer choice considering the temperatures we usually see in summer. A couple of friends are using DDPAI dash cams and are very happy with the results.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:47   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravikiran View Post
I am still unclear about the below things. Looking forward to your input.
(1) Maintenance Schedule and Cost
  • is the schedule 6 months or 1 year (Dealer says it’s for every 1 year or 10000 whichever is earlier, but the online forum says for every 6 months)
  • Approx. cost for regular service post free services
Service schedule is 7500, minor service and 15000 major service. 7500 km is more of a checkup and top up while 15k is for oil change, filter changes etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
AFAIK, the 70mai model comes with an inbuilt lithium-polymer battery - might not be a safer choice considering the temperatures we usually see in summer. A couple of friends are using DDPAI dash cams and are very happy with the results.

--Anoop

Lithium Polymer is different from Lithium Ion and apparently not the dangerous kind. There is a seperate Team BHP thread on dash cams
Dash Cam thread (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

Last edited by SinghP09 : 15th March 2022 at 09:52.
SinghP09 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 09:52   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Service schedule is 7500, minor service and 15000 major service. 7500 km is more of a checkup and top up while 15k is for oil change, filter changes etc.
Its really an inconvenience to send the car in for checkup-service every 7k. Is this mandatory or can we stick to 15K or 1 year one?
Old 15th March 2022, 09:55   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Its really an inconvenience to send the car in for checkup-service every 7k. Is this mandatory or can we stick to 15K or 1 year one?
It is in the book so I am sure it is mandatory. It is really inconvenient and was the only thing that kept me away from booking Safari for almost an year but there was nothing really available at the same price point and I liked the car so had to buy it. Hopefully it won't be that big a bother as service station is nearby and does provide pick and drop if needed.

@mods, i could have edited my earlier post to include this but that would have meant a reply to a post appearing before the post. I wonder if editing the post would have pushed it down to latest post.

Last edited by SinghP09 : 15th March 2022 at 09:57.
Old 15th March 2022, 10:26   #1956
BHPian

Dear Friends, I've already gained a lot of valuable info by following the conversation here.

Can I request for suggestions on 'Good Dealers' at Bangalore for booking the Safari?
Old 15th March 2022, 10:57   #1957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
Dear Friends, I've already gained a lot of valuable info by following the conversation here.

Can I request for suggestions on 'Good Dealers' at Bangalore for booking the Safari?
To a large extent, it depends on the SA. 2 of my friends had a very good experience from Kropex Hosur Road and Kropex Koramangala (one took a Nexon from Kropex Hosur Road and the other took a Harrier from Kropex Koramangala), but my experience with both Kropex dealerships was kind of underwhelming.

The SA who accompanied me for my TD from Kropex Hosur road was very good - knowledgeable and not pushy and was surprised that she never followed up with me post TD (especially when I told her that I will be booking the car soon) and when the dealership called me up after a couple of weeks, it was for Tigor

The SA with who I interacted at Kropex Koramangla was not even interested to call me back to answer my questions - when I give him confirmation that I will book the car with him if he can come back to me with my queries answered.

On the other hand, my experience with KHT Whitefield is very good to date. The SA with whom I talked over the phone gave me a call back in 30 minutes, answering all my queries, and later I got a call from his Team lead asking if I have any more queries and if I got all the answers I needed. On the same day, I got a call from their CRM also, asking if everything is fine and if I booked a TD, and if yes, did the SA confirm the slot.
SA arrived at my door for the TD as he promised (without any follow-up from my side) and gave me enough time and space to do the TD unhurriedly and answered all my questions patiently.

So, you can guess with which showroom I made my booking and to date, the experience is really good. SA is keeping me updated and the Team Lead is also in communication with me. They send a welcome email post-booking, marking all escalation paths and even copying a couple of folks in Tata Motors. I would say, go and do a TD from a couple of different showrooms and book from one which you are comfortable with.

PS: I met a TeamBhpian who was doing the PDI of his Safari, while doing the PDI of my Harrier yesterday and I took his handle too, promising that I will connect with him - Schaki, but I am not able to find him here. If you see the post, please do holler, mate.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 15th March 2022 at 11:05.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 11:12   #1958
BHPian

I've been speaking to a Tata dealer in Delhi (lajpat Nagar), and made my displeasure with the infotainment system quite clear and told them that it's the only factor holding me back from a purchase. He said I can pay 50k for a slide out pioneer system+ camera which will be installed by them, but i'm not sure of its' usability for the XZ+ variant.

I have a few queries for the good members of this forum.
- Has anyone got an after market system put in their safari/harrier?
- Are the climate control settings etc. visible on these aftermarket systems? He gave me a video of the system installed in the base variant, and that has manual knobs for AC adjustment.
- Any other mods/ software flashes etc. I should know about, which would enable me to retain the existing infotainment system hardware with improved software?

Thanks in advance!
Old 15th March 2022, 13:04   #1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Thank you @SinghP09 for the quick response, this is really helpful information
Old 15th March 2022, 13:08   #1960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I've been speaking to a Tata dealer in Delhi (lajpat Nagar), and made my displeasure with the infotainment system quite clear and told them that it's the only factor holding me back from a purchase. He said I can pay 50k for a slide out pioneer system+ camera which will be installed by them, but i'm not sure of its' usability for the XZ+ variant.

I have a few queries for the good members of this forum.
- Has anyone got an after market system put in their safari/harrier?
- Are the climate control settings etc. visible on these aftermarket systems? He gave me a video of the system installed in the base variant, and that has manual knobs for AC adjustment.
- Any other mods/ software flashes etc. I should know about, which would enable me to retain the existing infotainment system hardware with improved software?

Thanks in advance!
The aftermarket system is not a flush fit in Harrier/Safari dashboard. You will loose out on the settings with are controlled via Infotainment unit. Even the instrument cluster software update is controlled via the factory fitted infotainment unit.
beast_within is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 13:21   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
The aftermarket system is not a flush fit in Harrier/Safari dashboard. You will loose out on the settings with are controlled via Infotainment unit. Even the instrument cluster software update is controlled via the factory fitted infotainment unit.
Thanks for your reply. This is very disappointing to hear. I guess the wait for a new car continues.
Old 15th March 2022, 15:16   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. This is very disappointing to hear. I guess the wait for a new car continues.
Hey Sid,
I was in the same position as you are. I wanted a car which has everything, and Harrier/ Safari twin’s infotainment system was a sore point. But, I thought about it - am I ok with other things? And my mind said yes. I rarely use the screen while driving. Safari has all the basics under check, also has superb sound quality. Just the screen feels a bit dated and glitchy. I also asked myself another question. Am I okay having a car brimmed with tech, but an okay engine/ gearbox combo with a harsher ride (Seltos D AT)? I was not. Awaiting delivery of my Safari tomorrow. That sums it up.

May be XUV 700 would suit you, provided you’re willing to wait for more than a year. My booking for AX7 L diesel AT showed an expected delivery date of March 2023. I booked in October.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 15:23   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hey Sid,
I was in the same position as you are. I wanted a car which has everything, and Harrier/ Safari twin’s infotainment system was a sore point. But, I thought about it - am I ok with other things? And my mind said yes. I rarely use the screen while driving. Safari has all the basics under check, also has superb sound quality. Just the screen feels a bit dated and glitchy. I also asked myself another question. Am I okay having a car brimmed with tech, but an okay engine/ gearbox combo with a harsher ride (Seltos D AT)? I was not. Awaiting delivery of my Safari tomorrow. That sums it up.

May be XUV 700 would suit you, provided you’re willing to wait for more than a year. My booking for AX7 L diesel AT showed an expected delivery date of March 2023. I booked in October.
To be honest, the infotainment does matter to me as well as it does to my father. Both of like tinkering around with screens in our cars. I can deal with the slow pace of the infotainment, but the biggest problem I found was when using android auto. The usable portion of the screen was just too tiny.
Old 15th March 2022, 16:18   #1964
BHPian

For those bothered by lesser availability area for AA/Apple Carplay/Reverse Camera viewer, I would suggest checking out the XT+ model’s infotainment screen

I have compared both screens (XZ+ vs XT+), and while the XT+ is only 7 inches, AA covers the entire available screen area. I believe the 7 inch versions have taller aspect ratio(much smaller top bezels), and wider sider bezels, but it leads to higher overall available area for the actual useful features
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2022, 18:30   #1965
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, the infotainment does matter to me as well as it does to my father. Both of like tinkering around with screens in our cars. I can deal with the slow pace of the infotainment, but the biggest problem I found was when using android auto. The usable portion of the screen was just too tiny.

I also was facing the same dilemma , but person rarely uses the screen while driving. I have ford ecosport with sync3 , sound quality and drive of safari just makes me forget the tiny screen of android auto. Also i have driven the safari on highway recently around 1800kms maintaining good speed and performance was rock solid. Since i have ecosport since 2018 and done around 48k kms on it , Tata safari is very stable, comfortable and plus the engine performance on highways is kickass.
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed