Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2022, 23:08   #2101
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

@ramjiramu - Can you attempt the same while parked on a loose surface like gravel or sand?
Old 6th May 2022, 09:55   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
I would just let them polish/repaint it. Part replacement is not needed unless there is a dent. Make sure their garage does a good job and it looks just as good as new. You can haggle for some freebies like mats to be thrown in if you are feeling upset.
Thank you @Cresterk. I'll mull over what you've suggested. Appreciate your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post
Dark color with a scratch won't look good if it falls right into the line of our sight.
A picture of it will help in determining the next course of action.
Thank you yet again, RamJi. You've always responded to my queries and I feel really very nice about this.

I can see you too are facing issues with your new car. Wish I were knowledgeable enough to suggest something concrete.. Will pray that your issues get resolved soon. All the best!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th May 2022 at 10:36. Reason: Fixed broken quote tags, merged back to back posts. Please use the multi quote button (QUOTE+) while quoting and replying to multiple posts. Thanks!
Sandytimes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:13   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

I need some inputs on a weird issue I started observing on my brand new Tata Safari Dark which just completed 1 month anniversary.
I had same sound issue in my punto but after many miles munching, there was some issue in suspension swing arm which was corrected during servicing post that didnt faced any sound issue. By any chance did you drove fast over big pothole? Mainly Safari owners can throw some light if its common thing at start and may go away with time.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:21   #2104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
@ramjiramu - Can you attempt the same while parked on a loose surface like gravel or sand?
I tried on different surfaces and the issues remains even on a slippery surface.

Since, engine revving is required whether in stationary mode or while moving, I believe this has to do with engine vibration and steering column reacting to it.

Must variables that I noticed to reproduce the issue is engine revving and steering rotation to at least 45 degrees or more angle.

Rest all parts and combinations has no relevance to the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
I had same sound issue in my punto but after many miles munching, there was some issue in suspension swing arm which was corrected during servicing post that didnt faced any sound issue. By any chance did you drove fast over big pothole? Mainly Safari owners can throw some light if its common thing at start and may go away with time.
No, I haven't done such feat of driving through big potholes or ramming through speed breakers.

This issue was there from day 1 and grew more prominent as days passed.
ramjiramu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:42   #2105
BHPian

Quote:
I tried on different surfaces and the issues remains even on a slippery surface.
Is this issue only during first start or consistent whenever you turn the steering? Given this is hydraulic steering, there it could be sound of steering fluid rushing in/out (just guessing) but better to check it again with TASS. On other note which dealer did you purchased from? I have heard good reviews of Sai Baba service may be you can get it checked there.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 19:46   #2106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Is this issue only during first start or consistent whenever you turn the steering? Given this is hydraulic steering, there it could be sound of steering fluid rushing in/out (just guessing) but better to check it again with TASS. On other note which dealer did you purchased from? I have heard good reviews of Sai Baba service may be you can get it checked there.
It happens always while driving and during the rotation of the steering.

The video doesn't do good job at describing the issue.
The feel of vibration and sound is on steering and on the floor of both driver and co -passenger. We can feel the grinding through our feet on floor.
Its loud and any person will recognize it immediately as something not right except for TASS.

I bought the car from Sai Baba but currently I am not in Pune and had shown the issue to the Siva Shankar Motors (Tata Authorized Service Centre) in Vizag. They claim that it is a tire sound but I don't agree.

If this is a tire issue then why doesn't the sound and grinding noise happen when engine is idle and not revved. I am planning to show this issue to another TASS Sitaram Motors in Vizag. Lets see what happens next and I shall keep posted.
ramjiramu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2022, 23:32   #2107
BHPian

Did a long test drive of the Safari AT (other done prior to this - Thar petrol AT, Compass AT, Innova AT and Fortuner 4x4 just for kicks). Of course I was fully armed with all relevant information thanks to this forum. Some observations:

1. Drive is very comfortable. I would rate it just as good as the Compass. The car had a "hunkered down" feel to it all through the ride that was very reassuring.

2. Took it through a long, "under construction" road which provides every possible test for a vehicle short of a 4x4 use case. It was quite planted, with very acceptable level of lateral movement. My son (test subject) who sat in the last row through the bad road, commented that he could definitely feel the buffeting in the 3rd row but very manageable for short stretches.

3. Seat ergonomics are spot on. Flashback- I used to own a Tata Indica EV2, and had once resolved to never buy another Tata car again. What an evolution since that "monkey pose driver seat" era. TML should feel proud of themselves.

4. A lot of very thoughtful features sprinkled all throughout the car. A big one- plenty of USB charging points- 2 in all 3 rows. Even more if you do not smoke and can use the cigarette lighter point with the ubiqtous adaptor. The top end (except for #dark edition) even has wireless charging in the small nook under the center console.

5. My son really liked the AC and cooling in the 3rd row, especially the placement of the vents right next to the face if you are a shorter or younger person.

This may be a tad more expensive- but I think its good value.........just hope that the service centers are getting better trained.
Contrapunto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 08:13   #2108
BHPian

Quote:
I started noticing weird grinding sound when steering is rotated to either left or right at low speeds.

Initially I thought it to be due to tire pressure. But, after correcting the tire pressure the issue is still persisting.

The more miles are getting added to the car the issue is becoming more prominent and moved from annoyance level to irritation and dissatisfaction.
I think we are facing the same issue. Really frustrating to say the least. Here are the details of my ordeal -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...d-new-car.html (Another sad Tata Harrier ownership experience | Problems in my brand new car)

Last edited by Sheel : 10th May 2022 at 10:22. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Bhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 09:46   #2109
BHPian

Dear Friends, I am facing serious issues with the delivery of my Safari Dark. I'll soon share all the details. I think we all need to know the way some of the dealers approach and treat the customers.

Meanwhile, will it be possible to have the contact details of Tata Motors regional in charge, please? I am at Bangalore.

Thank you for the responses I've had every time..!
Old 10th May 2022, 16:02   #2110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
Dear Friends, I am facing serious issues with the delivery of my Safari Dark. I'll soon share all the details. I think we all need to know the way some of the dealers approach and treat the customers.

Meanwhile, will it be possible to have the contact details of Tata Motors regional in charge, please? I am at Bangalore.
When did you book the vehicle? I booked almost a month ago & waiting for confirmation of car being billed to dealer.

Did you get an email listing the point of contact in case of escalation (if required)? If yes, yo can email those Tata motors officials.

I got this email within days as I booked on weekend. I also got a message from Tata Motors welcoming me to family.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 10th May 2022 at 16:04.
Old 10th May 2022, 16:19   #2111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
When did you book the vehicle? I booked almost a month ago & waiting for confirmation of car being billed to dealer.

Did you get an email listing the point of contact in case of escalation (if required)? If yes, yo can email those Tata motors officials.

I got this email within days as I booked on weekend. I also got a message from Tata Motors welcoming me to family.
Thanks a lot for responding! But no, I didn't get any such email..
Old 10th May 2022, 16:47   #2112
Senior - BHPian

Did you get a booking slip (I think it’s yellow or pink in colour).

In my dealership’s case e-mails & mobile numbers were also mentioned in a posted behind reception. Some deal are definitely rogue at one or other step.
Old 11th May 2022, 03:36   #2113
BHPian

I am planning on getting the new Tata Safari (Adventure Persona) but I'm really torn between the 6-seater (captain chairs) and the 7-seater (bench seats). Normally, I would go with the captain seats because seat comfort is paramount for me. However, I've heard conflicting reports on this with some saying that the captain seats are more comfortable because they have individual adjustability and provide better support and some others saying that the wider bench seats are more comfortable because they too can slide & recline and because the captain seats are too narrow.

If seat comfort were the only consideration, which would be the better choice? The captain seats or the bench seats? Can anyone who has spent time on both the captain and bench seats shed some light on this? Thank you, and I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this question.
Safari Persona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 15:16   #2114
JJo

Quote:
Hello All,

In continuation to my post earlier here (2021 Tata Safari Review)

I got a chance to drive my Safari Dark for a small trip (~150km) and the SUV continues to impress me every bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
[h3][center][*]Brake Pads – On removing the front wheels, the front brakes were completely covered in Carbon. Technician removed the brake pads and showed it to Service Manager. It was changed under warranty free of charge. Looks like there is some circular from Tata on this based on the brake pad conditions and km driven. Also heard a rumour (not sure how true) that there is some change in material on the new brake pads and so they may last longer. Generally costs around 8500/-
Hi, today I too visited service center for 1st year/ 15000km service and checked with SC to change the break pads under warranty (as mine too were worn out and SC said may just good for another 3-5k km). However, I was told that there is no such circular from Tata and that warranty on break pad can be only claimed if the vehicle has driven below 5000km.

Can you please confirm what was your km driven when you went for 1st year service? And any other insight where I can ask SC to recheck?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th May 2022 at 15:44. Reason: Please quote only relevant sections of the posts.
Old 12th May 2022, 12:57   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
torn between the 6-seater (captain chairs) and the 7-seater (bench seats).
6 seater have additional ventilated seats for middle row captain seats.
I find them very useful in my Safari Dark front seats.
Also, if the middle row seats are primarily occupied by elders then they will prefer more wider bench seats for in between naps or leg stretches as per my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJo View Post
Can you please confirm what was your km driven when you went for 1st year service? And any other insight where I can ask SC to recheck?
I got mine serviced at 2000Kms and no wear & tear of brakes yet.
Alternatively as per suggestion from service center I bought P2P (Promise to Protect) AMC as I heard the Safari wear & tear parts are not covered in warranty but covered in P2P.
P2P can be bought within a year of purchase of car as far as I know.
A brake or clutch job in 4yrs will recover my P2P cost
ramjiramu is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks