Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2022, 13:18   #2116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
I am planning on getting the new Tata Safari (Adventure Persona) but I'm really torn between the 6-seater (captain chairs) and the 7-seater (bench seats). Normally, I would go with the captain seats because seat comfort is paramount for me. However, I've heard conflicting reports on this with some saying that the captain seats are more comfortable because they have individual adjustability and provide better support and some others saying that the wider bench seats are more comfortable because they too can slide & recline and because the captain seats are too narrow.

If seat comfort were the only consideration, which would be the better choice? The captain seats or the bench seats? Can anyone who has spent time on both the captain and bench seats shed some light on this? Thank you, and I apologize if this is the wrong thread for this question.

Dear Safari Persona,

I had the same dilemma and did extensive research on whether to have captain seats or bench seats in the middle row for my Safari. My conclusion was that bench seat offers more flexibility as well as utility, for the following reasons:
  1. In a bench seat arrangement, the seat on the left side (the one behind the co-driver seat) is as good as a captain seat; it can be folded separately from the part on the right (that comprises the longer part of the bench). So, you will not miss the captain seat if you use this one.
  2. In a bench seat arrangement, the middle row is divided in 40:60 ratio and they can be together or separately made to tumble to rest behind the front row seats. This gives you more space for going to the third row. In a captain seat arrangement, it is not so and therefore the space available for going to the third row is less.
  3. In a bench seat, there is a broad arm-rest in the middle (with two cup holders) which is very useful. In a captain seat arrangement, the arm-rests are rather narrow.
  4. In a bench seat, if you are not using the arm-rest, that space (in the middle of the bench)below the arm-rest can be used for keeping stuff like a book, laptop, ipad etc. This is not possible in a captain seat arrangement.
  5. If there happen to be four passengers other than the driver, in a captain seat arrangement you have no option but to use the third row seat, whereas in a bench arrangement you already have space for three passengers in the middle.
  6. The middle seat of the bench is quite comfortable in the Safari and does not cause back-ache. Rather it gives best view of the road in the front, from the middle row.
  7. Comfort-wise, I personally find the bench to be better as one can even sit cross-legged on long journeys to ease the fatigue.
  8. Since the entire middle row bench tumbles forward, the space available for storage is more in case a need arises, as compared to a captain seat arrangement.

I have owned a Safari XZA+ for about 3 months now and I am happy that I went for the bench seat. We have used the middle seat of the bench on a long journey, and the person who sat there felt comfortable.

Hope this helps !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I’m seeing more of Royal Blue Safaris these days. Today say 3 at Noida Sector 15 intersection all bearing different dealer stickers.

Only willing to see more of mera wala grey
Hi Cardeep,

I am a happy owner of a Daytona-Grey Safari XZA+. Its a nice shade; not too bold and yet stands out on the Safari. You have made a good choice

Last edited by ampere : 12th May 2022 at 13:49. Reason: back to back posts merged
narsingh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 22:32   #2117
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by narsingh View Post
Hope this helps !
Thank you very much for taking the time to give a detailed response!

My use case for the car will be very specific. When I am traveling, I will be driving the car myself and there will be 3 additional passengers at most, so we will not really need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides. And when I am not traveling, it will be chaffeur-driven with just 2 additional passengers, so we will again not need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides. On the rare occasions that we need more capacity, it will be for short trips and we can make do with using the 3rd row. So seat comfort in the 2nd row is the only consideration over flexibility and utility.

1. When I went to check out the new Safari and tried reclining just the "boss seat" (the one behind the co-driver) in the 7-seater, I found that the non-reclining portion of the bench was jutting into my right shoulder. Maybe with some adjustment that may not be an issue, but that is what I remember noticing.

3. Indeed, the wider armrests and the cupholders are useful, with the one caveat that there is a shared armrest instead of an individual one.

7. This is the most important and maybe even only consideration for us. Glad to hear that that the bench seats are very comfortable. Maybe we can't really go wrong with the bench seats considering there seem to be minimal or no compromises in comfort even with the added utility/flexibility.

Just a couple of quick questions.

1. From a family that uses seat belts for every seat that is occupied, have you had any discomfort with the seat belt buckles? I've always felt like the seat belt buckles in bench seats invade seating space and make sitting uncomfortable, particularly for the middle seat passengers but also for the rest of the 2nd row passengers. One of the advantages of the captain chairs is that the seat belt buckles are completely out of the way and never intrude into the seating spaces.

2. How good is the lower back support for the bench seats? This has always been one of the USPs for captain seats and is an important consideration for who will be regularly occupying the 2nd row seats in my family.

Thank you so much!
Old 14th May 2022, 11:19   #2118

Quote:

Just a couple of quick questions.

1. From a family that uses seat belts for every seat that is occupied, have you had any discomfort with the seat belt buckles? I've always felt like the seat belt buckles in bench seats invade seating space and make sitting uncomfortable, particularly for the middle seat passengers but also for the rest of the 2nd row passengers. One of the advantages of the captain chairs is that the seat belt buckles are completely out of the way and never intrude into the seating spaces.

2. How good is the lower back support for the bench seats? This has always been one of the USPs for captain seats and is an important consideration for who will be regularly occupying the 2nd row seats in my family.
1. We have not had any issues with seat belt buckles.
2. Lower back support is pretty good in bench seats.

However, looking at your expected usage pattern, I think you can straightaway go for the captain seats option for the middle row, in which you also get the added advantage of ventilated seats, recently introduced in Tata Safari.
narsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 14:03   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJo View Post
Can you please confirm what was your km driven when you went for 1st year service? And any other insight where I can ask SC to recheck?
Vehicle odometer was somewhere near 14500
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 15:51   #2120
BHPian

My dealer just called to confirm that the vehicle has "been allotted" and I should now make the full payment before I can do the PDI.

Question - is this normal? I always did the PDI and then did the full payment if I recall correctly last time I bought the EcoSport. But it was from my old school friend's dealership so he may have been more accommodating
Old 14th May 2022, 16:07   #2121
BHPian

Quote:

My use case for the car will be very specific. When I am traveling, I will be driving the car myself and there will be 3 additional passengers at most, so we will not really need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides. And when I am not traveling, it will be chaffeur-driven with just 2 additional passengers, so we will again not need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides.

Thank you so much!
From this alone, its clear that you should go for the captains' seat and not the bench.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2022, 13:45   #2122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
My dealer just called to confirm that the vehicle has "been allotted" and I should now make the full payment before I can do the PDI.
You should pay after doing the PDI if you are satisfied with allocated vehicle. I have recently got the delivery of my Safari and I did the PDI before making any payment to the dealer, only booking amount was paid earlier.

Last edited by Sheel : 15th May 2022 at 18:14. Reason: As requested.
Old 15th May 2022, 17:26   #2123

Quote:
You should insist for the PDI first & only after you are satisfied make the payment. For my recently bought Harrier, I completed the PDI in the dealers' stockyard & then did the payment required for vehicle registration. I must say the Tata Motors dealership were very accommodative throughout.
Tavinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:46   #2124
BHPian

Quote:

Question - is this normal? I always did the PDI and then did the full payment if I recall correctly last time I bought the EcoSport. But it was from my old school friend's dealership so he may have been more accommodating
As already mentioned by @Tavinder and @SaurabhSaran, do not make full payment before you do your PDI. I bought my Safari through Adhishakti motors in Bangalore and insisted that I needed a PDI before I commit. I took along the check book for PDI and after confirming the VIN and after a thorough PDI at the yard, sent the check along with my SA.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 10:54   #2125
BHPian

Hi All,

Anyone has experience with using the below wireless charger. I saw a video on youtube and it appears to fit very snugly in the space. Any reviews welcome.

https://www.amazon.in/TRU-VIC-Wirele...d_gw_ci_mcx_mi

revved_up is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 15:03   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post
Alternatively as per suggestion from service center I bought P2P (Promise to Protect) AMC as I heard the Safari wear & tear parts are not covered in warranty but covered in P2P.
P2P can be bought within a year of purchase of car as far as I know.
A brake or clutch job in 4yrs will recover my P2P cost
What is the cost of this AMC pack?
Old 16th May 2022, 16:27   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi All,

Anyone has experience with using the below wireless charger. I saw a video on Youtube and it appears to fit very snugly in the space. Any reviews welcome.
Thanks for this info. Have been on the loom out to buy one and this is useful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Last year while purchasing the car they gave be the below pricing. It seemed quite high..

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20220516161738_whatsapp.jpg

# Gold AMC can be purchased within 396 days and before 15500 Kms from Date of sale of vehicle. Promise 2 Protect and Protect Plus AMCs can be purchased within 2 years from Date of sale of vehicle. For Silver AMC there is no restriction in terms of age or kms of vehicle.

# If Gold AMC is required for period which is more than OE Warranty period of vehicle then Extended Warranty is required to be purchased separately. For buying Silver, Promise 2 protect and Protect Plus type of AMCs Extended Warranty is not required.

# source: Tata website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjiramu View Post
Alternatively as per suggestion from service center I bought P2P (Promise to Protect) AMC as I heard the Safari wear & tear parts are not covered in warranty but covered in P2P.
P2P can be bought within a year of purchase of car as far as I know.
A brake or clutch job in 4yrs will recover my P2P cost
How much did they charge you? Did they give any discounts?

Last edited by Jude300 : 16th May 2022 at 16:29.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 14:18   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
How much did they charge you? Did they give any discounts?
I paid 41999 for 4yrs and 60K kms and didn't get any discounts.

Its expensive but will ease the pocket later as I was worried about the reliability of the wear & tear parts.
Some of our forum members have shared that disc breaks and clutch are wearing off early at 10K kms. Hence, don't want to take chances.
ramjiramu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:16   #2129
BHPian

After all the hardships faced with getting a test drive car from 2 different dealerships over 4 months and 2 different test drive requests, KHT Motors came through with a test drive vehicle after booking a test drive on the TMo website. Booked the XZA+ Dark Edition 7 seater in late March after all of us in the family loved the test drive. Had initially got an intimation from the dealership that the waiting period is 6 weeks but Sales guy had said it may come in 4 weeks. There were no discounts on offer apart from the 40K exchange bonus if we were exchanging a car.

To our surprise, got a phone call 9 days later saying the car is allotted and it's on the way to the dealership. Loan processing took about 12 days, and the registration process took about 13 days and we eventually took delivery of the vehicle on Akshaya Tritiya day. The delivery experience was smooth from KHT Motors.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20220517wa0009.jpg

Also managed to do the first drive with my family from Bangalore to Shimoga and back. The comfort levels are excellent and there was no fatigue for anyone. Even on under construction roads, the Safari managed with aplomb.

Saw a mileage of 11.3 Kmpl using tankful method. But the MID was showing a mileage of 12.3 Kmpl. This is about 3/4th Highway driving and 1/4th City driving with some extended idling in between.

We chose the Safari over the Harrier for the added flexibility of the additional seats for short city commutes. With the 3rd row seats folded down, the Safari can accommodate a lot of luggage. A photo below for reference. It had 2 medium sized suitcases, 2 cabin sized suitcases, 2 duffel bags, a baby high chair along with atleast 4-5 other carry bags with random items.

2021 Tata Safari Review-pxl_20220515_124513834.jpg

Along the lines of the many niggles reported, I'm facing my first niggle with one of the PEPS key remotes not working within 12 days of delivery. The walk-up unlock works correctly, but the remote unlock lock features are not working. Planning to get it fixed when I go for the first service in the next month or so. Also planning to get the EW and/or AMC soon.
sswaroop is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:21   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
Also planning to get the EW and/or AMC soon.
Congrats on your new car! Extended warranty is a must, please take that asap. AMC is your choice, my suggestion will be to give it a pass.
revved_up is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks