Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 20:27   #2356
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Can anyone share the Insurance Quote for Tata Safari XZA+ 6str with all Bells like
1) Zero Depreciation
2) Emergency Transportation & Hotel Expense
3) Consumable Expense
4) Key Replacement
5) Loss of Personal Belongings
6) Tyre Secure
7) Engine Secure
8) Glass Rubber Plastic Coverage / Repair
9) Return to Invoice
10) Road Side Assistance

All these are being offered under Tata AIG Sapphire ++
Old 29th September 2022, 22:03   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Can anyone share the Insurance Quote for Tata Safari XZA+ 6str with all Bells
Safari XZA+ KZR 7 seater with the following add ons from SBI cost INR 87420/-

Basic Roadside Assistance Cover
CONSUMABLES
Coverage,
ENGINE Protector,
Key Replacement SI,
NIL DEPRECIATION
Return to Invoice

Initially quote was much higher. However, I got a quote from HDFC Ergo and the showroom finally charged about 3000 less than the HDFC Ergo quote.

Does this sound reasonable? Did I overpay?
sparameswaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 22:10   #2358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post

Does this sound reasonable? Did I overpay?
I am getting in the Ball Park of 70k-86k.

Above one is from Tata AIG 1.35L but with my NCB carry forward I am at 86K. Showroom saying about waving off their commission with Insurance at 70K but what all is being provided in it seems unknown.

My experience unless it is Maruti Insurance (which is only reserved for MSIL cars), never buy from Showroom.
iskandariya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 05:44   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
I am getting in the Ball Park of 70k-86k.

Insurance at 70K but what all is being provided in it seems unknown.

My experience unless it is Maruti Insurance (which is only reserved for MSIL cars), never buy from Showroom.
Looks like a good deal.

I had quote (for the car along including itemised quote for insurance, accessories etc) from another Tata dealer and the insurance quote was around 55-60000/-, but the add ons were missing.

The original quote was 1.3Lakhs, but was told there will be 'discount' of 25000 upfront.

My experience with this kind of purchases (cars and other things) is that the more time one invests in 'researching' the details, the more the chances that one may get to save money. The challenge is in taking enough time out to do that and striking a balance. I did work on these things, but beyond a point it was taking away a lot of time and effort and decided 'enough is enough'. And the deal was sealed.

Last edited by sparameswaran : 30th September 2022 at 05:46.
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 21:40   #2360
BHPian

Need help with Part No. Tata dealership in Mohali seems to have loose Administration and same seems to be the case of TAMO North Incharge. This is despite them knowing I am a Tata Group associate. Escalation Matrix would be helpful.

Part No Needed for
1) Kaziranga Piano Black Rear Garnish / Sill / Scuff Plate
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxdoDiI3c...XIsXXjbA5srHFI
2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20221001-6.51.09-pm.jpeg

2) Kaziranga Leather Smart Key Cover
https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxsWz1lK4...RuYEapKwyVqmVW

3) Confirmation OMEGA ARC scuff Plates are for all 4 Doors or 2 also do we have Black Scuff plates outside 3rd Party will do.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 19:52   #2361
BHPian

A friend of mine is looking into the Safari. The vehicle will be driven mainly on the highway (15% city). The car will be driven 70 % of the time by a chauffeur. Monthly running will be ~2500kms. Ability to maintain triple-digit speeds, safety and reliability are of high priority. The primary reason behind buying a new car is the owner doesn't want to subject his Audi sedan to such wear and tear.

@all owners Do you think the Safari is the right car for the purpose?
Old 8th October 2022, 21:57   #2362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
Ability to maintain triple-digit speeds, safety and reliability are of high priority.
@all owners Do you think the Safari is the right car for the purpose?
The car meets all these requirements very well - reaches and maintains triple digit speeds with ease and without you realising it unless you look at the speedo. The top end trim has 6 air bags and most other essential safety features and the car seems well built. The car, to me, appears mechanically sound.

The catch is likely to be the service support. Please check how good is the Tata service centre at your home town and then decide.

The general impression seems to be that this is an excellent car let down by poor service support from Tata.

Regarding safety, the car was not crash tested and if you are looking for a 5 star rated car, this one is not.
The car seems well built overall, with many safety features, but you have to decide whether that is enough for you (minus crash test rating).
Old 8th October 2022, 22:07   #2363
BHPian

Quote:
The catch is likely to be the service support. Please check how good is the Tata service centre at your home town and then decide.

The general impression seems to be that this is an excellent car let down by poor service support from Tata.
The other option is the new Tucson but I just feel like the Safari has more charm to it. Service and niggles being reported even today are the only things throwing a spanner into the works. Also, the Safari feels so much more VFM. Tucson is ~37 lakhs whereas the Safari is ~25L.
revsperminute is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 16:16   #2364
BHPian

Re: 2020 Tata Harrier Automatic : Official Review

Hi guys. Am looking at a used Safari registered in May 2020. Its a XZA, and Spinny is quoting 20.35 lakhs which I find a bit on higher side. Running is 17. K kms and more or less a scratch-less car. What are precautions needed to be taken while looking for a pre owned. I have heard good reviews of Spinny that they dont take accident cars. I see that several parts of the car have been repainted. Does this mean car is an accident car or have the scratches been covered up? I will offcourse take the car to Tata service station for a complete evaluation if I decide to go ahead. Any help is welcme
Old 20th October 2022, 17:15   #2365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Hi guys. Am looking at a used Safari registered in May 2020. Its a XZA, and Spinny is quoting 20.35 lakhs which I find a bit on higher side. Running is 17. K kms and more or less a scratch-less car. What are precautions needed to be taken while looking for a pre owned. I have heard good reviews of Spinny that they dont take accident cars. I see that several parts of the car have been repainted. Does this mean car is an accident car or have the scratches been covered up? I will offcourse take the car to Tata service station for a complete evaluation if I decide to go ahead. Any help is welcme
I would like to suggest you to stay away from a Safari Automatic as it is a fairly new offering in the market and Tata's have just entered the market with their 1st gen Automatics. Even a minor issue with the transmission big burn a hole in your pocket.
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 19:17   #2366
BHPian

I am seeing significant difference in the tyre pressure displayed by the TPMS, compared to the pressure at the time of filling air.

Today, TPMS was showing 31 in all 4 tyres and I thought I will fill air too, after refilling diesel.

The pressure gauge on the air inflator showed 28 at the beginning, for 3 tyres (I forgot to check for the first tyre).

I used to fill tyre pressure of 33 as recommended. But I thought the pressure is coming down to 30-31 withing about 3 weeks, so let me fill a little more. I asked for tyre pressure of 35 psi today. So the guy did exactly that.

But when I switched on the engine, TPMS was showing air pressure of 39

My observation is that whrn I drive on the highway, after sometime the tyre pressure goes up by about 2 to 3 psi (as expected, coz of warming, I guess). In that case, it will exceed 40 now!

If it was actually 31 at the beginning (as showed by TPMS) and went to 39, then it increased by 8psi. However, as per the pressure gauge, it went from 29 to 35 (6psi).

Which one to believe?

It feels like the tyre is over-inflated, the ride is 'harder' after the last air refill. But not really sure, because it is also possible that the tyre was under inflated till now.

Shall I let out some air or shall I just wait it out (no highway trips coming up for a week or so)?

God knows whether the air pump and the gauge were every calibrated by the petrol bunk staff. I guess not.

How to decide which one is correct?
More importantly, which one to follow, in future?

Needless to say, this is my first car with TPMS.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20221023_173323.jpg  

Last edited by sparameswaran : 23rd October 2022 at 19:18.
sparameswaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:00   #2367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
Hope, you have filled air when tyre is in cold state. when we fill air after some kms of drive, tyre becomes hot and air inside as well, hence always shows higher PSI than actual.
Better way is to check while tyre is cold and same petrol bunk or tyre shop whenever possible as most of the bunks will not have their air pressure machine calibrated properly.
Mostly 39 PSI will be reduced after some rest to your car and tyre will be turned normal.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:52   #2368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hope, you have filled air when tyre is in cold state.
The petrol pump is at a distance of 1.5kms from my home. I drove only that much.

I guess it is indeed a good idea to check at a good tyre shop so that i can make out whether there is something wrong with TPMS calibration too (other than the suspicion that the gauge at the pump was not properly maintained).
Old 26th October 2022, 14:40   #2369

Quote:
God knows whether the air pump and the gauge were ever calibrated by the petrol bunk staff. I guess not.

Thanks.
Dear sparameswaran, I have faced similar dilemma with the TPMS of my one year old Safari XZA+. I tried getting air filled at different petrol pumps in the city, and found that there was wide variance in their respective gauges, as well as vide variance vis-a-vis the reading indicated in the TPMS of the vehicle.

I also found that during long journeys in hot weather, the tyre pressure tends to rise by almost 5 to 6 psi, and goes up to 39 if you started with 33 in all tyres. The Safari being my first vehicle with TPMS as well, I feel the urge to keep checking tyre pressure time and again on long trips. When it begins to go beyond 38 psi, it becomes an avoidable distraction. So, for long journeys in hot weather of north India, I reduce the tyre pressure to 31 in all tyres before the journey. With this, it does not go beyond 37 psi.

As a solution to the tyre pressure confusion, I have purchased a sturdy hand-held manual tyre pressure monitor. It has given me a lot of peace of mind, as it is quite accurate and its reading is very close to what the TPMS of Safari indicates. I suggest that you may also invest in a hand-held device. I got mine for less than Rs 700/- from Amazon. The make is Karter (pic attached below). There is a wide choice available in the market.

Hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-tyre-pressure-gauge.jpeg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th October 2022 at 15:02. Reason: Adding opening QUOTE tag
narsingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 21:51   #2370

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
I would like to suggest you to stay away from a Safari Automatic as it is a fairly new offering in the market and Tata's have just entered the market with their 1st gen Automatics. Even a minor issue with the transmission big burn a hole in your pocket.
The new Safari Automatic model is more than two years old now, I guess, and doing fairly good. Safari Automatic is a pleasure to drive. The automatic transmission is not developed by Tata, it is sourced from Hyundai.

Further in the event of an issue with the transmission, it will be covered under the 3-year Extended Warranty, isn't it? The Warranty can be extended by another 2 years (total 5 years) before transferring the vehicle to a second owner.

Dear Palio_2005, the price quoted by Spinny for the May 2020 model Safari XZA is surely on the higher side. You can negotiate to bring it down to about 18 lakh. But do check the vehicle's Service Record and past Insurance Claim status etc to ensure that it is not an accidental vehicle.
narsingh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks