Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 22nd February 2021, 19:15   #346

Default Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Looking at the pricing and how it stacks against the comparable Harrier models, feels as if the pricing is almost right. It depends now on how Mahindra prices itís upcoming XUV500. Game on from TML!

2021 Tata Safari Review-81790c9d1ecf4b8f8442109018fca62e.jpeg
Paritosh91 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:21   #347

Default Re: All-new Tata Safari launched at Rs. 14.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoman View Post
Brilliant, loved it. I think I can also see the iconic old Safari at 1:50 or maybe I am dreaming.
wow what a catch....Indeed they have used the Old Safari silhouette over the new one when it goes through that water section. Brilliant execution, not just this part but the overall ad especially that 'Reclaim Your Life' section.
Wish TAMO really get some great numbers with this one. These successes ensure we as customers continue to get good cars from them in the future.

As for me, I hope I can buyback my 2014 Storme 4*4 for now and then add this new one a couple of years from now. Teeting issues, if any, should get taken care of by then and hopefully the AWD & Dark edition along with a proper 3 point seatbelt for the middle passenger is available.

Cheers,
Mayank
zadoom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:31   #348
BHPian

The Safari has a bit of extra chrome that puts out the bling quotient a wee bit more than required. The exteriors of the Adventure Edition shows us in flesh, what would happen if we could blacken out the bling after market. Looks classy and understated. Just the way I like it. Especially with the chrome bits gone, the pedigree of the Land Rover starts showing unmistakably. Only let down is the interiors have started looking a little drab robbing the premium quotient that the white interiors boast of. Impractical to maintain nonetheless.

Best combo for me would be to get the Safari XZA+ and blacken out the exteriors ?

AWD would've done true justice to the Adventure Edition.

What a keen eye @altoman! You did spot the old safari in the shadows!

Play of shadows or intentional, full marks for a master class in subtlety Tata!.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screen-shot-20210222-7.33.26-pm.png

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 22nd February 2021 at 19:36.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:32   #349
BHPian

I want to buy the Safari only for that ad. Forget about the pricing and the product and the placement. Tata has nailed the 4Ps of this launch! There is nothing better to string the emotions on Monday than releasing any ad about Mondays on a Monday. With this pricing, and the portfolio, my perception for Tata has taken a complete 180 degree turn!

From a Tata Nevers -> May be Tata -> "Oh that's an eye candy Tata" -> I Recommend and will buy a Tata!
kanishka88 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:41   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Reclaim Your Life with Safari new TVC
Brilliant brilliant commercial!

I am sure Tata has a winner at it's hand, they played well with the pricing. It's a genuine effort and it shows. Expecting solid numbers for Safari, we will know soon.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:41   #351
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Thanks for posting this Aansh, that goosebumps inducing Safari music!

Credit to the video creators for not overplaying the iconic soundtrack throughout the video. They show you various shots of the new Safari in motion and towards the end it plays, to pull your heartstrings once again! Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition through whatsapp but I couldn't find this anywhere on Youtube and I couldn't upload this video directly on this forum due to some issue.

They have used the iconic music of the old safari TVC towards the end of this video
shortbread is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:04   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition
Absolutely brilliant, would have seriously considered adventure persona edition if I was looking for a new car now, just because of that nostalgic music.
AmitRavi07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:25   #353
BHPian

This is great pricing, very happy as an enthusiast and a Tata Motors shareholder.

Congratulations to Tata Motors. If they had launched this late last year, I would definitely have considered the Safari - I eventually bought a Civic.

I guess they held the launch event from the conference rooms of the business center at Taj Land's End, Bandra today. My workplace has started renting out conference rooms by the day at the hotel (better than maintaining an office) and we were surprised to see all the conf room full when we walked in today morning.

One complaint - 90% of the video/TaMo staff didn't have masks on. Not fair on us and the concierge.
andafunda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:37   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Thanks for posting this Aansh, that goosebumps inducing Safari music!

Credit to the video creators for not overplaying the iconic soundtrack throughout the video. They show you various shots of the new Safari in motion and towards the end it plays, to pull your heartstrings once again! Well done

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=jqTyRuU9wpc
Nice ad! Really gets you connected instantly. I think they ran out of virtues to highlight so too much focus on piano Black stuff. They really didn't need that text about cosmetics at all.
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:40   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paritosh91 View Post
Looking at the pricing and how it stacks against the comparable Harrier models, feels as if the pricing is almost right. It depends now on how Mahindra prices itís upcoming XUV500. Game on from TML!

Attachment 2124584
Wouldn't this be an indicator of some upcoming discounts on the Harrier once the initial wave of bookings is done for the Harrier?
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:08   #356

Very excited at how enticing the pricing has been. Had booked the Safari 3 weeks ago in a blink. Glad that pricing is spot on.

Pls help me in deciding the right variant.

I want skydome but also sad at 73L boot space, hence forced to choose the variant without the skydome. I will be getting a roof rack installed in few months/weeks.

I foresee using all 7 seats on half of the trips, every year.

Am I overthinking the 73L angle?
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:25   #357
Senior - BHPian

Another video of Adventure Persona variant.

wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:59   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
And that 'Reclaim your Life' ad is awesome. TATA sure does 2 things better than everyone else in our market:

1. Make safe cars
2. Make brilliant Ads
One more -
3. Make good looking cars

All their latest ones are eye-catchers!
Mechanto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 21:59   #359
BHPian

If only Tata would add 4x4, I mean this would be perfect. And charge another 50-70k for it. I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes. I repeat, if only.
bhphog is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 22:54   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Reclaim Your Life with Safari new TVC

https://Youtu.be/yAVYK4Qflgg
Lovely ad! Good voice narration. Although not as goosebumps inducing as the Original Safari ads, but good nonetheless. Well presented.

The music sounds like itís been inspired by the Game of Thrones composer Ramin Djawadi.

Oh and great pricing! A pleasant surprise. Iím going to go ahead and book the Safari XZA+ instead of the Harrier as soon as our Buddhist ďBlack monthĒ is over on the 14th of March. (We're not supposed to make any new investment during this period )

Hope this introductory prices will hold on till the delivery of the vehicle.

Now the final decision - which colour - Blue or White? I was all set for the Red/ Black Harrier but now have to rethink.

White looks classy but itís the most common colour. Blue looks good but I had a similar colour Hexa for 2 years plus small scratches look very visible in this and Black shade.
Wish the Safari came in Red.

All in all, Iím delighted and keeping fingers crossed.
Puffdamgcdragon is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed