Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 17:53   #541
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Tata Motors is trying out a new strategy here and has introduced a special edition of the Tata Safari named 'Adventure Persona' to give as much boost at the launch itself.
The 'Gravitas' is a very well-rounded and competent product. However, for me at the end of the day, no 4WD/4x4 means no Safari. Sorry Tata.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th March 2021 at 11:56. Reason: Please use standard forum smileys and restrict the usage of gif and memes.
vredesbyrd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 17:06   #542
BHPian

Took a much longer full family test drive over the weekend. While they were bowled over by the sunroof I tried the several driver features available and took a general feel of how easy this is to drive.

Yea booking it ASAP!
ankur_fox is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 13:01   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Watch this walk around by BHPian Bunny Punia of the Adventure Persona variant with bench seats / 7 seater variant.
Found one more 7 seater Adventure Persona in youtube.
irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 13:23   #544

Had booked safari XZ MT ( without sunroof). I was informed that delivery of models without sunroof has been delayed. Is this info reliable? Has anyone taken delivery of Safari without sunroof.
Old 9th March 2021, 13:32   #545
BHPian

It looks so good without all that chrome. I was so disappointed with all the chrome bits when I saw the Safari for the first time.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:06   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisna84 View Post
Had booked safari XZ MT ( without sunroof). I was informed that delivery of models without sunroof has been delayed. Is this info reliable? Has anyone taken delivery of Safari without sunroof.
Did the dealership force you to buy insurance with them? I have been blatantly told to get insurance with them or they wont sell when the difference is easily in the Rs. 10-15k range.
Old 9th March 2021, 15:12   #547
Senior - BHPian

I was at the Service Station and this Gent decided to show up The display car was snapped up the moment it arrived, I believe. Was getting done up for hand over. People around started clicking pics, heralding the arrival of the new 'looker' in town; The Tata Safari
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_2783.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:17   #548
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari test mule spotted today in Pune. Could this be a petrol test mule?

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210309_131311.jpg
akash_v12 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:45   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Did the dealership force you to buy insurance with them? I have been blatantly told to get insurance with them or they wont sell when the difference is easily in the Rs. 10-15k range.
I guess this is got to do with the dealer you are dealing with.
I have booked the Adventure persona variant for which the dealer was quoting an insurance amount of 118k. He readily agreed when I mentioned that I'll be getting the insurance done outside. I'll just have to hand over the insurance copy to them before they send it for registration. I'm sure there would be difference of around 20-30k in the insurance amount of dealer vs outside.
I've also informed them that I'd be visiting the yard and doing a PDI by myself before the vehicle goes for registration for which also they have agreed.
I've got to say it's been a pleasant experience so far with Adishakti motors in Bangalore.
ashbhat2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:47   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Tata Safari test mule spotted today in Pune. Could this be a petrol test mule?
Or AWD (let's out a hopeful sigh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I was at the Service Station and this Gent decided to show up The display car was snapped up the moment it arrived, I believe. Was getting done up for hand over. People around started clicking pics, heralding the arrival of the new 'looker' in town; The Tata Safari
I reckon with the number of Adventure Personas flying off the shelf this 'limited edition' would not be that limited in a while.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 17:53   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I guess this is got to do with the dealer you are dealing with.
I have booked the Adventure persona variant for which the dealer was quoting an insurance amount of 118k. He readily agreed when I mentioned that I'll be getting the insurance done outside. I'll just have to hand over the insurance copy to them before they send it for registration. I'm sure there would be difference of around 20-30k in the insurance amount of dealer vs outside.
I've also informed them that I'd be visiting the yard and doing a PDI by myself before the vehicle goes for registration for which also they have agreed.
I've got to say it's been a pleasant experience so far with Adishakti motors in Bangalore.
Wow this is definitely not the case in Mumbai with Inderjit Motors as well as Puneet Motors. I can only dream of such an experience, lucky you! We just had a sit down with reps from Inderjit and they were simply arrogant and rude when it came to the insurance, making a clear take-it-or-leave-it offer.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:16   #552
Senior - BHPian

Adishakti is the nicest dealership in Bengaluru. Even I bought my Nexon from him, and the insurance was from outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
He readily agreed when I mentioned that I'll be getting the insurance done outside
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 18:16   #553
BHPian

I have been quoted an insurance for 105623 from the dealership for the XZA+ model.
Is it reasonable?
Old 9th March 2021, 18:24   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Or AWD (let's out a hopeful sigh)
Very unlikely given that the completely flat bottom indicates that the twist blade is in place and no sign of a tell-tale rear differential bulge.

Quote:
I reckon with the number of Adventure Personas flying off the shelf this 'limited edition' would not be that limited in a while.
Maybe that would give Tata an idea of how much demand a butch 4x4 could generate so not a bad thing overall. I for one would trade off the exclusivity in favor of the better chances of getting support and spares that numbers would bring.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 19:03   #555
Senior - BHPian

If at all an AWD is coming, that will have to be triggered by XUV500s or Scorpio 4x4 success. As of now, Tata would be assessing the viability of AWD using the number of Hexa AWD and Storme 4x4s that were sold. If they go by those numbers, the conclusion will be that AWD development cost cannot be recovered from the sales of AWD-equipped vehicles alone, and prices will have to be increased across the range even for the base variant.

Increasing prices across the range will only lead to loss of revenue I believe. So the AWD will come only when they are confident the development cost can be recovered from those variants alone. And the only thing that can trigger that thought will be the massive success of Scorpio or XUV500 AWD variants. Or when they have volumes from international markets like Ford and Toyota where AWD variant sales are higher. I think both of these cases are unlikely.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 9th March 2021 at 19:09.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks