Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2021, 10:38   #721
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So after the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier, its the Tata Safari that takes a spot on what most certainly seems like the Mumbai Pune eWay. Probably replaced the Harrier in the old spot? Or its a different place?
Looks like the same place.
Back in 2019 (article), t'was the Harrier which had sought glory, trying to outdo the Compass.
Old 8th April 2021, 17:28   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Can you please share the costing for the ceramic coating at Aquatint?
I went for the Opti coat pro package with 5 years warranty costing 45K including GST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
Would you please mind sharing the on-road price? and any extra accessories added?
The OTR price is Rs 2,574,426 + 33,000 for EW (3 Years unlimited KMs). The breakup is as below

Ex Showroom - 2,145,000/-
Insurance - 82,003/- (Got this negotiated with the dealer)
RTO - 330,735/-
TCS - 16,088/-
Fastag - 600/-

I didn't opt for any accessories as I had very little time for delivery due to lockdown situation. I got 7D mats @6,600/- from a nearby dealer. I am thinking of front parking sensor/camera & side steps but not in a hurry. I wanted sun blinds but dealer didn't have them available.
varman742 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 19:42   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Huge Safari hoarding.

2021 Tata Safari Review-2f0b89886f374fb69378eeb82a978ae1.jpeg

Said to be India’s largest at 225ft wide and 265 tons of steel used

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNaGZWlA...d=s0dv0c6r8rv0

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 8th April 2021 at 19:44.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 00:55   #724
BHPian

I had TD'ed the Safari AT, which was short and sweet TD and here are my observations after the TD of Safari:

1. Firstly, I was impressed with engine performance and it has great pull as well and the 6 speed AT transmission is also tuned well

2. The steering felt bit heavy while taking U-turns but not an issue as we are coming from an Innova, which also has huge turning radius as well

3. The car's suspension is well tuned for the comfort and didn't feel any body roll while overtaking and the suspension felt stable as well

4. The rear seat comfort is good and its in the leagues of Innova in terms of comfort and with the panoramic sunroof, it will be airy for the rear passengers

Overall, I liked the drive of the Safari and if I want to pick between the Safari and Innova Crysta, I'll pick up the Safari Adventure Persona just for panoramic sunroof, engine performance and looks and VFM than Innova Crysta though I get VX MT at the same price.
car_guy1998 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 09:29   #725
BHPian

Well summarized... while i was looking at a 4+2 seater AT in the 30L price point, we are left between TATA Safari or Toyota Innova Crysta, I picked the former in the Adventure variant bench seating, as the price was almost 25% higher for the Crysta ZX AT with added features (massive sunroof), fresher design that sealed the deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
I had TD'ed the Safari AT, which was short and sweet TD and here are my observations after the TD of Safari:

1. Firstly, I was impressed with engine performance and it has great pull as well and the 6 speed AT transmission is also tuned well

2. The steering felt bit heavy while taking U-turns but not an issue as we are coming from an Innova, which also has huge turning radius as well

3. The car's suspension is well tuned for the comfort and didn't feel any body roll while overtaking and the suspension felt stable as well

4. The rear seat comfort is good and its in the leagues of Innova in terms of comfort and with the panoramic sunroof, it will be airy for the rear passengers

Overall, I liked the drive of the Safari and if I want to pick between the Safari and Innova Crysta, I'll pick up the Safari Adventure Persona just for panoramic sunroof, engine performance and looks and VFM than Innova Crysta though I get VX MT at the same price.
AirWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 15:39   #726
Senior - BHPian

The new Tata Safari, like the old one is striking a chord in Punjab, which I believe is Safari's unofficial home state. You will find maximum Safari lovers and fanboys here. I was one too, once upon a time. I am increasingly spotting new Safaris on the road.
Parmeesh Verma would be known to those who listen to or follow Punjabi music. He got himself one (or maybe got gifted by TML).

Last edited by rrsteer : 10th April 2021 at 15:46.
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 16:19   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
The new Tata Safari, like the old one is striking a chord in Punjab, which I believe is Safari's unofficial home state. You will find maximum Safari lovers and fanboys here. I was one too, once upon a time. I am increasingly spotting new Safaris on the road.
Parmeesh Verma would be known to those who listen to or follow Punjabi music. He got himself one (or maybe got gifted by TML)
I was also a big time fan of the old 2.2 dicor
Safari sir, but that one tata was enough to burn my fanboyism to the ground. People do saythat tata has improved by bounds and leaps and the new products are far better then what tata offered earlier. Punjab is a total diff ball game they have 22 inchers on almost everything from
Boleros to fortuners to the new thars now. I so wanted to get the new safari but somehow having owned the previous one the looks of which i still adore the present model just did not strike a chord in the heart.
Old 10th April 2021, 17:15   #728
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
The new Tata Safari, like the old one is striking a chord in Punjab, which I believe is Safari's unofficial home state. You will find maximum Safari lovers and fanboys here.
OT... but anything that is "supposed to" ostentatiously display the machismo of a man, is a big hit in PB. Marketing companies have it too easy when it comes to PB. G-wagen & other imported SUVs (bigger the better) , huge offroad tyres (mounted to even maruti hatchbacks) , giant cruiser motorbikes, 20 inch wheel rims, kilograms and kilograms of chrome etc. The male ego is irrefutably tied to the notion of physical domination.
If a marketing guy comes up with an idea to sell some product in PB, with a focus on subtlety, he fails even before he begins.
venkyhere is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 18:41   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
If a marketing guy comes up with an idea to sell some product in PB, with a focus on subtlety, he fails even before he begins.
Could be. I am not sure. But if i were a marketer, i wont define a market in such simplistic terms. But yes, products like Safari, Scorpio, Thar, RE have a sizeable fanbase here. And i dont see that as a negative or attach any value judgement to that. A good portion of the population will be one, that can be termed as having martial historical background. And love for big macho products is a by-product of that. It sometimes leads to ostentatious display of possessions and sometimes display of unimaginable large heartedness and kindness. So like all things has its positives and negatives. Whatever, i love it.
Old 10th April 2021, 22:22   #730
BHPian

I booked Safari at Key Motors, Bangalore on Feb 12, the day the booking opened. On 23rd Feb when prices were revealed, I confirmed Adventure Persona AZ+. I was #3 on the list and I remain #3, as per SA. It means no car of this variant has been delivered so far. Is it possible for TML to favour bigger dealers first? Key motors is a new kid on the block. Should I have gone to others? What is frustrating is lack of one credible date.

Now with Alacazar and XUV 500 getting sighted on the horizon, I am beginning to wonder if I should cancel the booking and wait for few months. With Covid, there is hardly any travel possible.
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 00:10   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Link for the soft copy of the Safari owner's manual which might come handy -
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...ers-Manual.pdf
As per the manual, the recommended tyre pressure is given for 3 sizes:

235/70/R16
235/65/R17 - which variant have this size?
235/60/R18

Going by the trend of voting in this thread here
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ge-wheels.html (Tall tyres & regular wheels versus low-profile tyres & large wheels)
, shouldn't the tyres specs on XT and XZ variants be avoided for Indian driving conditions?

Also, the car with 16" rims would have faster pickup than the one with 18" because of lesser unsprung weight of the wheel. Moreover, larger tyre wall height would avoid tyre bulges and rim breaking (alloy).

TATA has just followed the market "trend", and gone ahead with 18" for top versions to improve the looks instead of looking at practicality.

Last edited by breezydrive : 11th April 2021 at 00:20. Reason: Link attached
Old 11th April 2021, 08:29   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I booked Safari at Key Motors, Bangalore on Feb 12, the day the booking opened. On 23rd Feb when prices were revealed, I confirmed Adventure Persona AZ+. I was #3 on the list and I remain #3, as per SA. It means no car of this variant has been delivered so far. Is it possible for TML to favour bigger dealers first? Key motors is a new kid on the block. Should I have gone to others? What is frustrating is lack of one credible date.

Now with Alacazar and XUV 500 getting sighted on the horizon, I am beginning to wonder if I should cancel the booking and wait for few months. With Covid, there is hardly any travel possible.
I was told by KHT motors that they have not been able to deliver the adventure edition for some customers who pre-booked as well, that is already more than 2 months wait for some of them...may not entirely be the case of favouritism between dealers. I was clearly told the wait is a minimum of 8 weeks, no definite date of delivery yet.

I am thinking about the Alcazar as well but my head and heart tells me the safari is going to be a much better option for the diesel motor, obviously Hyundai’s will come loaded with features and tech but the safari is definitely going to drive a lot better. If it’s cheaper by a few lakhs for the top end diesel, maybe I’ll give it a serious thought. The xuv is still some time away, a worthy contender for the safari no doubt!

Last edited by raamki : 11th April 2021 at 08:39. Reason: Added content
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 11:30   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
Would like to know what insurance you’ve gone for, if you don’t mind sharing details
I opted for the dealer Insurance which is from MagmaHDI. First experience with this insurance. The final offer was for 95k including engine protect and consumables but the dealer is giving 12k worth of accessories for free.

I am yet to collect the accessories. Took delivery last week and have been enjoying the car since then. Looks lovely in this grey shade.

Initial Observations:
1. First niggle had already crept up. The windshield washer wasn’t working since delivery. I tried to refilling the water but the spray isn’t working. Will get it sorted during the next visit.

2. The placing of the door handles inside the vehicle is not very ergonomic. The grab handle blocks the door handle if one holds the handle from the outside edge, and the fingers squeeze between them while pulling.

3. No button to lock/unlock all doors while sitting inside the vehicle.

4. The white interiors look premium but will be a pain to maintain.

Pictures
2021 Tata Safari Review-5739c1c265a14cff9e8262fb2d0ce3db.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-62c321255af14c6d8d4e4dd27eb4c6c8.jpeg
ashish2135 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 11:31   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post

I am thinking about the Alcazar as well but my head and heart tells me the safari is going to be a much better option for the diesel motor, obviously Hyundai’s will come loaded with features and tech but the safari is definitely going to drive a lot better. If it’s cheaper by a few lakhs for the top end diesel, maybe I’ll give it a serious thought. The xuv is still some time away, a worthy contender for the safari no doubt!
Your analysis is absolutely spot on, Hyundai vehicles come loaded with features and offer you more VFM quotient, whereas Tatas are known to provide better user/driving experience, an Alcazar may not turn heads like a Safari would do or it may not give that satisfactory feeling behind the wheels. Between Hyundai VS Tata it’s always heart over head matter.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 14:28   #735
Senior - BHPian

The more I see the Safari the more I like how proportionate and handsome it looks. Tata has really outdone themselves, Congratulations to all the new owners.
extreme_torque is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks