Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2021, 11:46   #856
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
For me, the most annoying niggle still remains the omission of central door locking/unlocking button. Even the key fob buttons don’t work.
The door doesn’t even open from outside when the car is in drive mode but stationary. When the parking brake is engaged, then the door opens from outside.
This feature is very much required for when you’ve stopped for a couple of seconds, for instance to drop someone or load some shopping bags.
Isn't there a dedicated button even on the driver's console? If not that, shouldn't all the doors be unlocked if you just unlock the driver's door?
Old 4th May 2021, 14:21   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Isn't there a dedicated button even on the driver's console? If not that, shouldn't all the doors be unlocked if you just unlock the driver's door?
There is no dedicated button. Unlocking the driver side door does not unlock any other door.
Old 4th May 2021, 22:23   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmitRavi07 View Post
It cannot be turned off, the only solution in this scenario is to not fully close the driver side door; Just make sure that the door is not shut completely, only the latch is engaged.

Thank you. I wish something could be done about it though. Leaving the door open is not a comfortable thing to do in the long run.
Old 5th May 2021, 09:25   #859
BHPian

Quote:
There is no dedicated button. Unlocking the driver side door does not unlock any other door.
This is what I could find in the manual.
Next time I drive, I would take extra notice of how the doors lock/unlock works for passenger doors.

2021 Tata Safari Review-door-unlock.png
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 11:12   #860
BHPian

Quote:
The driver side switch acts as central locking/unlocking button. Also when the vehicle is turned off, all the doors are unlocked. This behavior is same as other Tata cars.
Old 5th May 2021, 12:56   #861
Senior - BHPian

Had booked a top end safari from wasan motors chembur here in Mumbai,

Booked it on 5th april and eventually cancelled the booking yesterday, Pathetic response from the dealer in almost all aspects along with the waiting period,

Initially i was told the car would be delivered in 15 days but just got to know yesterday after a month that it would take another 15 days!

I had test driven the top end AT version and went ahead and booked it the same day.

Lovely AT Tranny and engine combo with interior quality much better than my 2015 XUV, Everyone loved the panoramic sunroof!

However omission of AWD was shocking!

Decided to drop the car itself only because of the waiting periods, Wanted a SUV urgently so went ahead with the used car route.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 21:30   #862
BHPian

Quote:
I can 100% confirm this is not correct. Driver's door lock/unlock does control the central lock, as expected. It's same as on My WagonR as well so it's quite a common design and nothing exotic.
If this is not how it's working on your Safari it should be looked at by SC.
Old 5th May 2021, 21:44   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
This is what I could find in the manual.
Next time I drive, I would take extra notice of how the doors lock/unlock works for passenger doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
The driver side switch acts as central locking/unlocking button. Also when the vehicle is turned off, all the doors are unlocked. This behavior is same as other Tata cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
I can 100% confirm this is not correct. Driver's door lock/unlock does control the central lock, as expected. It's same as on My WagonR as well so it's quite a common design and nothing exotic.
If this is not how it's working on your Safari it should be looked at by SC.
Thank you everyone. I tried it again today and it worked. I will be checking on all the other doors too to make sure there isn’t any issue.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 02:28   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
The XUV700 no doubt will be more than a worthy competitor to the Safari but if you're looking at it from the perspective of a niggle free experience, I am not sure you will get that with Mahindra either, please read through the existing niggles on the xuv500 and thar threads. Unsure if Mahindra has fixed the boat-like ride experience from the current-gen xuv500 too, no doubt it'll score a 4-5 star rating at launch but are you going to base your purchase decision on that factor alone? What about the ride quality and seating comfort for all passengers?
Boy, I read the XUV niggles thread and is slightly shaken, esp with the rusting issue. Though the thread was started in 2015 but some issues are still persistent. Can a XUV owner confirm that Mahindra has fixed most issues?

Despite paying close to 28L (Safari or upcoming XUV), one does not seem to get a world class car.
Old 6th May 2021, 04:14   #865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
Boy, I read the XUV niggles thread and is slightly shaken, esp with the rusting issue. Though the thread was started in 2015 but some issues are still persistent. Can a XUV owner confirm that Mahindra has fixed most issues?

Despite paying close to 28L (Safari or upcoming XUV), one does not seem to get a world class car.
OT: It may not be a 28L car. Ofcourse, not to say that it should be any less reliable.

This post is ~2 yrs old but gives a good idea about how much the manufacturer gets out of 28L on-road cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drlmtukkar View Post
I've done some math n the figure is mindboggling.
I am planning of buying the over priced Crysta n did some calculations for myself.

Now the on road price for the ZX manual turns out to be Rs.27lakhs.
So I earn Rs. 36lakhs, pay Rs.9 lakhs as IT, then I end up having Rs27 lakhs ro pay for my crysta. At this stage I've paid 30% tax.

Next the exshowroom price of this car is Rs.21 lakhs of which 50% is tax( sales tax, GST etc etc tax) ie Rs.10.5lakhs.

Road tax amounts to Rs 4.5lakhs.

So in the end for a vehicle with its On- road price being Rs.27lakhs.

Total taxes paid are- Income tax-Rs.9 lakhs + all other indirect taxes Rs.10.5 lakhs + Road tax Rs 4.5lakhs. Totally amounting to Rs 24 lakhs.................Please note this amount does not include taxes paid by the component suppliers and insurance GST( both together I guess they would contribute to 5% or more of the total cost of vehicle).

So in the end after earning Rs.36 lakhs I pay Rs.24lakhs in taxes and then buy a car whose actual worth is Rs.12Lakhs. We are paying taxes to the tune of anywhere between 66.66% to 72% .Shockked:

We are been looted in broad day light by the government.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 11:17   #866
Senior - BHPian

Someone on my street picked up this stunner in white. I could only gawk at her beauty, early this morning. Inside, the seats are pristine white. That's a downer. If only they offered that elegant camel brown, (as an option), I'm sure there will be many more takers!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_9613.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_9612.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th May 2021, 21:24   #867
BHPian

I remember Tata Harrier BS6 version having provision for Blue solution (urea) , which needs to be refilled every time.
Does Tata Safari which is also BS6 compliant, need this Blue solution.
Old 8th May 2021, 22:53   #868

Tata Safari and Harrier prices increased

https://www.rushlane.com/amp/tata-ha...-12401914.html
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-2ad3bb94d87747c898f9b456e21013dc.jpeg  

El_Profesor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 12:02   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
I remember Tata Harrier BS6 version having provision for Blue solution (urea) , which needs to be refilled every time.
Does Tata Safari which is also BS6 compliant, need this Blue solution.
All BS 6 diesel vehicles are equipped with SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) that uses DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) additive commercially called AdBlue (32.5% urea, balance deionized water) to lower the concentration of NOx emissions.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th May 2021 at 11:56. Reason: Corrected.
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 16:19   #870
BHPian

Update-I have received a message from my SA and my car is in transit as per him. He has also shared the Engine and Chassis number as well. As per him, I can get the delivery of the car next week. I Will keep the group updated and share some pictures though I am not sure how I will travel to Himachal Pradesh with lockdown both in Delhi and Himachal.
Abhi1990 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed