Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 23:33   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Safari spotted in Pune in camouflage. OP thinks it's a 4x4 but not sure.
Had it been a 4WD, BHPian @Ram87pune would have given an update on it months before the first prototype would have hit the road for testing
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 23:47   #962
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Had it been a 4WD, BHPian @Ram87pune would have given an update on it months before the first prototype would have hit the road for testing
Yes, only he can clear the air now, if not 4x4 and petrol is far away, wonder what the update is.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 06:10   #963

Hello TeamBHP

I am a certified lurker in TBHP forums.

Coming out of shadows with a happy announcement that I have booked Safari XZA.

The vehicle is apparently at Bhiwandi and is expected to reach Mumbai soon.

My SA gave me the VIN with manufacture month as April. Upon enquiring, he said that due to the ongoing pandemic, deliveries have been delayed. Do you guys think that this is reasonable?

Quick question for recent buyers from Mumbai (I'm looking at you El_Profesor and NitSat ) What is the date of manufacture of your Safari as per VIN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
Thank you!

I have booked the car from Puneet - Prabhadevi. The experience has been good. The SA has been following up and giving me timely updates. I would say that I’m satisfied, as of now 🤞🏼
El_Profesor - Congrats on you new ride. I have booked my Safari from Puneet - Malad. Need your help on a couple of questions.

Where is the dealer's yard for Puneet Automobiles where you did your PDI and when did you make the final payment? As per my SA, my car is in Bhiwandi and I need to pay 90% before he can get the car in Mumbai for my PDI before sending it to RTO for registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Car Delivery and accessories report

On the very next day , I took the car for Ceramic Coating at a car detailer at Thane . He has been strongly recommended on Team BHP platform . I even got Anti Rust coating done for the underbelly and Engine PU coating.
The cost is
Ceramic coating : 30000 Rs
Anti rust coating 4500 Rs
Seven D Mats ( beige) 6800 Rs.

I purposely chose beige as I thought black would make the interior claustrophobic.
@ NitSat Congratulation on you new ride. Even I have booked the color but a normal XZA not the Adventure edition - I was not keen on sunroof.

Can you share the details of the place you got you Seven D mats?
Old 15th June 2021, 08:18   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro View Post
Hello TeamBHP

My SA gave me the VIN with manufacture month as April. Upon enquiring, he said that due to the ongoing pandemic, deliveries have been delayed. Do you guys think that this is reasonable?

Quick question for recent buyers from Mumbai (I'm looking at you El_Profesor and NitSat ) What is the date of manufacture of your Safari as per VIN?
Hi Patro
My Safari manufacturing is May 2021 as per VIN. I had booked my Safari from Puneet Motors, Prabhadevi. I was told that Adventure versions were getting delayed billing from plant , but after checking VIN , I was relieved that the latest manufacturerd was offered.

@ NitSat Congratulation on you new ride. Even I have booked the color but a normal XZA not the Adventure edition - I was not keen on sunroof.

Can you share the details of the place you got you Seven D mats?
I got my car’s ceramic coating from Maxshine Thane. The owner gave me the reference of Mr Bipin at Thane for Seven D mats. I had also enquired with another vendor from Vashi who had quoted 8500 for seven D mats . He has only one colour option, that was black. But Bipin offered to do it @6800 and he has both black and beige colour.
Bipin Car Accessories no :098207 46465.

Disclaimer: I do not share any commercial interest with either Maxshine or Mr Bipin .

Last edited by benbsb29 : 15th June 2021 at 08:42. Reason: Edited post to remove blank lines.
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 13:30   #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro View Post
El_Profesor - Congrats on you new ride. I have booked my Safari from Puneet - Malad. Need your help on a couple of questions.

Where is the dealer's yard for Puneet Automobiles where you did your PDI and when did you make the final payment? As per my SA, my car is in Bhiwandi and I need to pay 90% before he can get the car in Mumbai for my PDI before sending it to RTO for registration.
Hey man!

Thank you! Congratulations to you too

To answer your queries -
1. The VIN number indicates production date of May 2021.
2. The yard is on the Nasik highway. I’m sure they’ll share the location with you.
3. I had only paid the booking amount of 31,000/- and got a loan process sorted. I offered to go to the yard to check if anything was off. Also, I had clearly stated that if I’m not happy, another car should be allotted to me. On being satisfied with the allotted car, I transferred the DP and gave the bank a go ahead to release the funds.

I would suggest that you go to the yard and not make any payments till you know that you have been given a clean car. I am going to visit the showroom once more before the delivery date just to ensure that no damages have occurred in transit from Bhiwandi to Prabhadevi.

Hope this helps
El_Profesor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 23:13   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCarTalk View Post
We need to stop normalizing this and corner out manufactures.
I Completely agree with you however no where i am normalizing this. Just wanted to share with everyone out there the experience that i had so that they can check their vehicles for any dent/issue before taking delivery. Otherwise i have already escalated the issue to the Tata Motors and for the minor dent they have promised to get this rectified during 1st service. However, as i said earlier i do agree with you as car costing 25 lakhs should not have any such issues and TATA should definitely take note of this and improve on the same.
Abhi1990 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2021, 08:09   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Safari spotted in Pune in camouflage. OP thinks it's a 4x4 but not sure.
Perhaps its just an earlier test mule whose wrap hasn't yet been removed
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 13:10   #968
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to disable auto engage of handbrake? Its very annoying to do the circus of disengaging handbrake everytime car stops. I would prefer to keep it manual.

thank you
Old 17th June 2021, 13:20   #969
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Perhaps its just an earlier test mule whose wrap hasn't yet been removed
Cant be a 4x4, but more likely a petrol. But why have camouflage when the model is in the market ?
Old 17th June 2021, 13:34   #970
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubhendra View Post
Is there a way to disable auto engage of handbrake? Its very annoying to do the circus of disengaging handbrake everytime car stops. I would prefer to keep it manual.

thank you
Start the engine, press down the auto-hold button until it deactivates. This auto hold function becomes parking brake when the vehicle is stationery for a few seconds. It is a bit dim witted and is the easiest way towards a new clutch set.
Kosfactor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 17:02   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
He has only one colour option, that was black. But Bipin offered to do it @6800 and he has both black and beige colour.
Bipin Car Accessories no :098207 46465.
Please check at Sion Accessories market - I got 7D mats for my Endeavour at 4500 bucks. Very good quality. In my understanding - most are manufactured by few manufacturers in Delhi, sold under different different brands.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:16   #972
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

After i have waited for Alcazar top end automatic and assessed it personally the 6 seater version here at my native. The space is not adequate for our family of 6 and luggage even in 7 seater. rest of the features are too good in Alcazar. if they plan to launch top end automatic 7 seater, i could rethink of it.

Now settled with XZA+ Adventure Persona. Yesterday i have booked the car officially and after checking it in and out at the dealership.
It looks too premium in tropical mist shade with earthy brown and blackened interiors. everyone at home unanimously to book the car their itself
Awaiting delivery in next 4-5 weeks.
aks_karthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2021, 19:25   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

A request to all 2021 Safari owners:

Please confirm if the car's ground clearance is enough when fully loaded. The fully laden GC is 143 mm, 10 mm lesser than its 5 seater counterpart's. What does this translate to in real life, since the numbers don't tell the real story? Ground clearance also depends on the wheelbase, suspension tune etc.

Last edited by locusjag : 17th June 2021 at 19:27.
Old 17th June 2021, 20:35   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hi All,

Now settled with XZA+ Adventure Persona. Yesterday i have booked the car officially and after checking it in and out at the dealership.
It looks too premium in tropical mist shade with earthy brown and blackened interiors. everyone at home unanimously to book the car their itself
Awaiting delivery in next 4-5 weeks.
Congrats on the booking mate.
If they had white shade for the Adventure Persona edition, they would have got considerable number of booking from that variant itself for sure. But we can only wish for
Old 17th June 2021, 22:07   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreejith V View Post
Congrats on the booking mate.
If they had white shade for the Adventure Persona edition, they would have got considerable number of booking from that variant itself for sure. But we can only wish for
I booked adventure version because of it's tropical mist color only, even we had a discussion to get tropical mist color in usual version.once we witnessed the adventure persona version with blackened exterior and interior with earthy brown seats, we were sold
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks