Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 08:43   #991

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Congratulations. That is real quick. Wishing you a hassle free delivery and great rides with your new beauty.
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Patro for your new addition.
But what is XZI variant, is it XZ+ or any new variant has launched?
Tropical Mist color is good in normal version as well though it's special color for Adventure version as of now.
Thank you. My bad. It is XZA variant, the one without sunroof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Profesor View Post
Congratulations! That was super quick

I’m on hold too because of the RTO issues. Apparently, RTO is taking things digital and cutting the agents out but as usual, no one has a clue about the process. I’ve been told that the next update is due on Mon/Tues and hopefully the delivery will happen by the end of the week.

Insurance - Done
Choice number - Done
FASTag - Done
Car - Missing
Good to know that the dealer is giving the same story to both of us.

Guys, I downloaded and registered in TMSC app and observed that "Last Service date" as per the app was on 24 May 2021. I guess this is the date when dealer did PDI. Can you guys verify this?
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20210620-8.36.00-am.jpeg  

Old 20th June 2021, 09:34   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

So I just got Condor'd! Everything has a first time, I suppose...

After reading through the other thread, where even I had commented surprisingly - can't remember that - it looks like the bottomline is that the 2021 Safar needs to be driven carefully through any obstacles on the road. A fully laden GC of 143 mm with a relatively longer wheelbase of 2741 mm means trouble, if it is driven carelessly. Its owners would do well to check out the car's undercarriage and take steps to fit aftermarket metal guards if needed, the way Leoshashi did on his XL6.

On the other hand, a lowered ride height and the long-ish wheelbase on the 2021 Safari gives its passengers a level of comfort that you wouldn't get in tall riders like my TUV 300 or the outgoing Scorpio (both of which have a 2680 mm wheelbase and way higher laden GC).

I can close this chapter now It's settled.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 10:39   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
A request to all 2021 Safari owners:

Please confirm if the car's ground clearance is enough when fully loaded. The fully laden GC is 143 mm, 10 mm lesser than its 5 seater counterpart's.

As per our moderator Vidyut (from Tata Harrier thread ) . Am reposting his reply

" It is due to the DEF tank + SCR and exhaust changes.

However this will not impact real world ground clearance as all this is below the rear wheels and behind it.

These points are not what touch easily on bad roads. It's usually the front lip or the middle of the underbody.

In reality you won't have a problem with the drop in GC"

link to quote : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4747660 (Tata Harrier : Official Review)
greyhound82 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 12:09   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post
As per our moderator Vidyut (from Tata Harrier thread ) . Am reposting his reply

However this will not impact real world ground clearance as all this is below the rear wheels and behind it.

These points are not what touch easily on bad roads. It's usually the front lip or the middle of the underbody.

In reality you won't have a problem with the drop in GC"
In that case, what is the real world or effective ground clearance number?
Old 20th June 2021, 12:24   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
In that case, what is the real world or effective ground clearance number?
From discussions in the quoted thread, it’s 176mm laden and 205mm unladen

Last edited by greyhound82 : 20th June 2021 at 12:26.
greyhound82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 12:28   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhound82 View Post

Thanks a lot for sharing. So its departure angle is its weak point then? It's while exiting a hump that an underbody hit is likely, it sounds like, due to the rear overhang. Also, perhaps the DEF/SCR set up is exposed underneath in the rear overhang area and would need some aftermarket protection? I could see a lot of underbody protection in the front and mid half of the underbody, but not so in the rear half, in the Harrier's official review's pics.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 14:27   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patro View Post
Guys, I downloaded and registered in TMSC app and observed that "Last Service date" as per the app was on 24 May 2021. I guess this is the date when dealer did PDI. Can you guys verify this?
Yes. I had seen the date of the PDI reflect on the TSMC app shown as the last service date for my Harrier XZA+.
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 14:52   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Safari sunroof breaks out on the highway, according to the owner neither did any stone hit the sunroof nor was there any other car around at that moment.

Tata proactively replaces sunroof without hesitation, after sunroof vendor refuses to accept any problem from their end. Although reason for breaking is still unknown.

CEF_Beasts is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 16:51   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Tata Safari sunroof breaks out on the highway, according to the owner neither did any stone hit the sunroof nor was there any other car around at that moment.

Tata proactively replaces sunroof without hesitation, after sunroof vendor refuses to accept any problem from their end. Although reason for breaking is still unknown.

https://Youtu.be/d2T7xflFzhk
As a prospective buyer, not sure whether I should be happy with Tata's proactive approach or sad that the sunroof can simply break without any reason.
charade is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:17   #1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

https://Youtu.be/d2T7xflFzhk
As a person waiting for the car to be delivered, I have been contemplating every 2nd day whether I should go through with my purchase.

Every manufacturer has their problems in their cars post delivery.. but these many?
- Fuel tank not fastened
- Drive modes not functioning
- Ad blue not completely filled
and now
- Sunroof issues

Give me jitters!!!
(I feel paying such a premium demands better quality)
Big_Turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 13:36   #1001
BHPian

First of all, I want to thank my lucky stars that I have been accepted in the Team BHP family.

I had a question to all Safari 2021 owners about the cooling in second row of the vehicle. In the two test drives I have had, the middle row cooling felt inadequate. The cooling in front and third rows is good but middle row wasn't so. Has anybody else also felt the same? Please note that my test drives were on really hot days earlier this month.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:23   #1002
Senior - BHPian

I had a query regarding the spare wheel that Tata is provided with the car.

I noticed that in my Safari XZA+ Adventure persona, the spare wheel that is provided is of Steel and 16" size, with the Apollo tyre. Where as the other 4 tyres are of course of 18" Alloy wheel and shod with the Bridgestone tyres.

Can others check and verify if this is the case with the spare wheel, for all the other Safari's as well for XZ vaiants with 18" alloy wheels.
Old 22nd June 2021, 15:27   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
I had a query regarding the spare wheel that Tata is provided with the car.

I noticed that in my Safari XZA+ Adventure persona, the spare wheel that is provided is of Steel and 16" size, with the Apollo tyre. Where as the other 4 tyres are of course of 18" Alloy wheel and shod with the Bridgestone tyres.

Can others check and verify if this is the case with the spare wheel, for all the other Safari's as well for XZ vaiants with 18" alloy wheels.
What does your user manual say? Even for my Altroz, Alloys are 16". Spare is 14" steel.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:49   #1004
Senior - BHPian

My bad, somehow i didn't get that idea at first. You are right the manual says spare wheel is of 16" size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
What does your user manual say? Even for my Altroz, Alloys are 16". Spare is 14" steel.
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:21   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Re: 6 way Power Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I have a doubt, whether power seats can be down or up without going backward or forward.
whenever i try to down the seats, it simply downs and going backward, the same for ups and going forward.
I am unable to simply up or down the seats alone without forward or backward motion.
whether i have controlled the power seats button wrongly.
Any assistance is appreciated....
seems this query has been missed due to various other important discussions.
could someone please throw some light on power seats adjustments?

Most Viewed