Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2021, 09:30   #1156

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Yes wherever it is now showing you the DTE, it will change to Navigation arrows while google maps is running on Android Auto. We did not change any settings, it just showed up as is. We did not notice this before the first service, I guess they did some updates.
Wow. This is great information! Can you please share your firmware level after the upgrade.

many thanks.
Big_Turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 10:43   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Visited the Tata Motors showroom twice over the last month or so. I'm simply amazed at the complete lack of interest shown by the sales agent (SA). Here's the story.
I had the same experience as you last year, in Pune.
Booked an appointment for a Harrier test drive, and when I went to the showroom all the salespeople were chatting among themselves with zero interest in talking to me. While inspecting the display Harrier and struggling to get the hatch open, an employee walked by and told me the battery was dead, so the hatch would stay closed.
10 minutes later a senior salesman came over to tell me the rest drive vehicle had an accident and was in the workshop since the past few days, leading me to wonder why they didn’t know this while booking my appointment.
Went home disappointed, and am still waiting to hear back from the dealership OR the company. Not done, Tata Motors.
Maruti and Hyundai will continue to own the market, despite their mediocre products, thanks to the excellent sales and after sales service that they provide.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 12:16   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post

I escalated this with a tweet calling out clearly that the dealer is unable to resolve my issues

The tweet seems to have been forwarded back to the dealer with no escalation in Tata Motors. This seems to be a standard practice and not a very good one as it does not resolve the issue.
Congratulations on your new Safari. Tata Motors has the habit of sending tweets to the dealer itself with little value add. I had some painful experiences and after a Google search I found out their regional office address. I went there, sat in the lobby and asked to meet someone who finally got my issue closed. I also saved his mobile number which I used again instead of tweeting.
clementw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 13:26   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post

A note about the Service experience: I got the first service done at Key Motors, Kanakapura Road, Bangalore. Cordial and professional setup. Communicated clearly and set the right expectations.

Mr.Ramesh Pai seemed very conscientious and took a genuine interest in getting the issues fixed. I made a casual remark about some smudges seen after the washing/wiping and he offered a complete re-wash, which I refused. It was a small speck and could easily be wiped off. But, I could see how greatly he valued the customers' experience. I walked away impressed.
I second on what you have said about Mr.Ramesh Pai at Key Motors Kanakapura road. He is one of those rare service advisors who has impressed me. He takes genuine interest in understanding the customer problem and works towards resolving it. I insist on handing over my Tiago only to him whenever I go for service. Very professional and well spoken person.
sagarpadaki is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 17:26   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
I finally received my beast .....
Congratulations on your purchase. Bought a Harrier XZA too. Evaluated the Safari, it didn't tick all my boxes even though it is definitely value for money at these trim levels. Our sales experience was a bit better than yours, although not completely satisfactory.

Test drove both the Harrier and Safari (to choose between automatic and manual variants), wife (who's car it is going to be) chose the automatic. Choosing variant and gear box was pretty straight forward. The sales team were reasonably professional (the SA forgot out TD appointment and had to be reminded about it). But once the TD started, things were pretty smooth. The SA was very supportive, coached my wife through driving the car as dimensions seemed too large to her (her daily drive is an Amaze) and talked her through the automatic. Explained all the features, even took us to their stockyard to choose colours and we paid the booking amount the same day.

The colour we chose was Telesto Grey, a colour not being offered any longer. The grey shade now on offer is a more metallic Daytona Grey. The SA checked it with Tata and said they will have a few available and will be able to provide one for us. ETA was 4-5 weeks. A week later we were called saying that our car has arrived, but we were caught unawares and had not processed the loan yet. It was the weekend, so we got the loan sanctioned the next day (monday), called the SA in the evening and here is where the fun begins, "sir, your car hasn't arrived yet, the car that had was meant for another customer." I was furious and plainly understood that they had allocated the car to someone else and wanted to cancel the booking as missus was particular about the shade of grey. Wife, who was dead against buying a Tata, wanted one. So she gradually escalated the matter to the owner of the dealership (an elderly gentleman by the voice of him over the phone) who pulled some strings to get a mint new Telesto Grey about 2 months later. The car was offloaded at the dealership (not the stockyard) and had a single digit mileage on the odometer when we took delivery.
Wife seems happy with the car so far, haven't driven it much though.

I have a Zest too, and am part of a very active and helpful zest owners group on whatsapp. Anything similar for the Harrier/Safari?
regards kaps454
kaps454 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:39   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
You need to just turn ON the ''Cast'' button in the left-hand side menu of the infotainment screen, and you will see the track played, navigation info etc.
Happy to know that this is available. It is so useful.

However, I am not finding the "Cast" button. The software version of ConnectNext is q5_r16.09.
Phone has Android 10 (Redmi POCO F1)

What version is yours?
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 19:59   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
Happy to know that this is available. It is so useful.

However, I am not finding the "Cast" button. The software version of ConnectNext is q5_r16.09.
Phone has Android 10 (Redmi POCO F1)

What version is yours?
Hi, irrespective of the infotainment version you should see the cast button, and once you touch and enable it, you will start seeing the info in the speedo console.
See pic below:
Attached Images

Venku2015 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 22:56   #1163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Turbo View Post
Wow. This is great information! Can you please share your firmware level after the upgrade.

many thanks.
15 is the version. Since some one else has mentioned 16, I'm not sure if we have it updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
You need to just turn ON the ''Cast'' button in the left-hand side menu of the infotainment screen, and you will see the track played, navigation info etc.
Yes found it, had no clue what it was for. Thank you.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210731_1402272.jpg

This is what I was referring to about the maps, the destination display takes up half the Nav screen. Anyone have a clue how to get rid of it?

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210731_1402222.jpg
Kosfactor is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 23:23   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
I had the same experience as you last year, in Pune.
Went home disappointed, and am still waiting to hear back from the dealership OR the company. Not done, Tata Motors.
Maruti and Hyundai will continue to own the market, despite their mediocre products, thanks to the excellent sales and after sales service that they provide.
I had the same experience while I was considering buying the Safari 400Nm 4x4. Since I didn’t receive any positive response, I simply walked out and decided never to visit a Tata showroom.
Old 1st August 2021, 00:56   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
These borders around the screen are massive
vellatechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 07:24   #1166
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Visited the Tata Motors showroom twice over the last month or so. I'm simply amazed at the complete lack of interest shown by the sales agent (SA). Here's the story:
Thanks for sharing your experience. I feel you should update the quoted post itself (use Report Function perhaps) with the name and location of the dealership.

This is helpful for the reader community in general and also bring home the bouquets and brickbats to the specific businesses where it is deserved.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 08:58   #1167
BHPian

On the XUV700 thread, the spy images have created an absolute havoc. UGLY is the oft repeated word. If the final product is same as what the spy images depict, I will experience schadenfreude ��

I wanted to wait for XUV700 to be released before buying Safari. I didn't wait and have no complaints about Safari. Glad!

Downside of XUV700 not selling like hot cakes is that Safari will become a runaway hit (Alcazar notwithstanding). Tata might become complacent and increase prices for prospective buyers (like Toyota Innova of its segment). Market is big enough for 3-4 players and a duopoly of Safari and Alcazar is not a great news. The Innova aficionados might feel excluded here but Innova screams "taxi" for many, whichever way you at it
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 09:08   #1168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
These borders around the screen are massive
I see no option to get rid of the borders either, it is small screen in AA perhaps to limit the workload , it is painfully slow as is.
Old 1st August 2021, 10:12   #1169
BHPian

There is an app called obd2aa Its paid I guess around 100 rupees. I use it on my polo to get multi window android auto. I guess you are using wireless android auto. Check out the app there are various options to change the dpi of the android auto mirrored on the screen. Makes the phone think the screen is bigger and shows more information basically.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 22:46   #1170
BHPian

Last week I completed ~700 KMs trip on Pune-Aurangabad-Pune route with my Safari and below are the observations. So far we had short trips but this was the first time we managed to cover such long distance. Me and my wife shared the drive. The weather for all the 3 days we were in Aurangabad was awesome and the visit to Ellora caves and Aurangabad caves was memorable as the hills around the caves were like green velvet all around.

Coming back to Safari:

What we liked the most about the Drive

1. The space inside is like business class for 4 people traveling. Everyone (except driver of course) can leverage the flexible seating arrangement to stretch legs and make oneself super comfortable. Kids loved the reclines and seat fold options to sit like Maharaja! The panoramic sunroof adds to the luxury feeling and makes the cabin airy.

2. The third row is usable for someone of my height (172 cms) and of course for kids. I spent couple of hours in the third row while my wife was driving and even with luggage on one of the seats folded, I was comfortable. I had good amount of leg room with second row positioned in the middle.

3. The drive was smooth & light. The NVH was very well controlled and with Music on hardly any outside noise entered the cabin. Pleasant weather, nice roads and lush greenery all around, made the drive enjoyable, both by the driver as well the co-passengers. Once behind the wheel neither me nor my wife was so keen to give up the driver seat! All the three driving modes offered fun during the drive in the respective road conditions. For instance the ECO/CITY modes were butter smooth in the city whereas sports mode gave the adrenaline rush and to urge to floor the accelerator. Surprisingly the sports mode on highway gave more mileage than CITY/ECO mode. I got approximate mileage of ~13.5 KMPL for the round trip.

4. The car behaved very well on all types of road conditions, slopes, inclines etc. and never felt underpowered. The ride quality was compliant and the bad roads didn't bother much. The car didn't flatten the bad roads however was not uncomfortable either. Also, all the auto features (Auto box, Auto wipers, Auto Headlamps, Auto-hold) worked like charm making the drive hassle free and didn't feel tiring even after continuous driving for long hours.

5. The music system is fantastic, so much so that we felt something was missing when we were not playing any songs for a brief period of time.

6. Many people on route check out the vehicle and enquired about the variant details, mileage, features etc.

What could have been better

1. Sitting in the third row, I could feel more wind noise as compared to first and second row. Not sure if there are any door/rubber settings which needs to be adjusted.

2. The Android Auto was unreliable. At times, the phone connected to AA in a jiffy where as other times, it simply refused to activate AA. Again, don't know whether it was to do with my phone, cable or the unit itself. I got the software updated to latest version, and now it is working fine.

3. The third row seats don't fold completely F-L-A-T. There is a slight incline (may be 5-7 degrees). This doesn't cause issue most of the times, its just that the luggage may slide behind if the car goes with high speed on broken roads so need to organize it better.

4. The sub-woofer is located on the rear LHS of the third row. When playing music with bass at high level, the passenger in the third row may ask to reduce the volume as it can get slight uncomfortable due to the sub-woofer sound. This will be the case especially when the car is at low speeds and the music volume is high.

5. The AC cooling in the 2nd row was not as effective as that of 1st row or 3rd row. Had the keep the blower at level 2 to cool the 2nd row on a sunny day.

Attaching some pictures. Short De-tour near Aurangabad Caves
2021 Tata Safari Review-img20210723wa00211.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20210723wa00171.jpg

Ellora Caves
2021 Tata Safari Review-img20210801wa00071.jpg

After the trip, the car was very dirty from outside as well as inside. So gave the car for a detailed wash to Aquatint Aundh.

After the wash
2021 Tata Safari Review-20210731_1520241.jpg

Last edited by varman742 : 1st August 2021 at 23:08.
varman742 is offline   (51) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks