Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2021, 08:37   #1261
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
An owner details the trouble in his ownership. Also alleges about Tata head honchos have suppressed a recall.
Whatever be the issue, assuming this is true, Tata has to own it up and address it. People looking to buy the Safari and people who are awaiting the delivery (like me) will definitely have second thoughts going ahead with the purchase.

I am not an expert here but in these cases, I guess the best option would be to serve a legal notice to the dealer and the official who agreed for a replacement or take them to the consumer court. As much of trouble it is for us it is equally troublesome for them. This will atleast bring them to the discussion table. While social media helps, it might not always lead to a solution.

Last edited by Jude300 : 12th September 2021 at 08:39.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:23   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_KP View Post
For Owner: This is absurd. I can feel the pain and anguish of the owner. He should now call a press conference or do something like MG owner did to grab attention.

For Tata: They had the opportunity to show their customer orientation by replacing the lemon produced in their plant. They also had the opportunity to reflect what manufacturing process has gone wrong. However, they missed it big time. It seems that Tata Motors Management is only concerned with the numbers. But mind you Tata even if you see the numbers today, it will fail within no time, if this is the kind of attitude you show to your customers.

For lawmakers: Instead of proposing musical horn tones, please make stricter law to protect customer rights in case an automaker sells a lemon to customer.
Well said, I would be in Trauma after all this.
Tata will never improve. My friend was convincing me to buy Safari and I have shown him this one.
We have almost booked the safari with Tata Motors Aakriti World Jalandhar but before that, I got a chance to read this on Teambhp and we have dropped it and are waiting for XUV700.

Someone truly said about Mahindra THAR recall, and that actually earns respect in my heart too.

This is why people say TATA will be only good at Trucks because the management doesn't know how to treat the customers who pay 25 Lakhs for their products.
Their mindset is still the same and it will never change until the young generation replaces them.
rpmmachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 13:46   #1263
BHPian

Got a reply from Tata about the same case.
I Hope the owner will get the New car ASAP and this will help to regain TATA some faith in customers.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot-20210912-134414-tata-motors-cars-twitter.png  

rpmmachine is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 17:28   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
Car Delivery and accessories report

2) Side Step with Fitting -19989 /-

I am debating with myself on the side step. Does it reduce the ground clearance? Can you please verify?
Old 13th September 2021, 19:27   #1265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
I am debating with myself on the side step. Does it reduce the ground clearance? Can you please verify?
It should not.

I would suggest one - if it doesnt look bad. I have a side-step on the Storme. It has saved me once in a tight parking spot when it started to rub against the pillar. If it wasnt there, then it would have been my rear left door that would have got a nice tall, wide scratch.

But looking at the pic in the quoted post, this step looks to be a bit recessed and not like what we have on the Storme

Last edited by condor : 13th September 2021 at 19:28.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 19:29   #1266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It should not.

I would suggest one - if it doesnt look bad. I have a side-step on the Storme. It has save me once in a tight parking spot when it started to rub against the pillar. If it wasnt there, then it would have been my rear left door that would have got a nice tall, wide scratch.

But looking at the pic in the quoted post, this step looks to be a bit recessed and not like what we have on the Storme
One more benefit of the side step from my memory - you can stand on it and jump away from a water puddle if one exists where you have parked and exiting. almost impossible to jump out directly from the vehicle and close the door also
narayan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 20:27   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It does. I managed to scrape it once on a BIG speed breaker , when the car had six adults and two kids.
However if you have elderly parents, you definitely need the side step.
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:01   #1268

Hello all,

I have a safari XZA+ adv. and came upon the following issue wherein the ground cable was touching with the driveshaft boot on the front LH. This could be a design issue or fitment issue from the plant. I will be taking this up with the dealer. Any one else facing the same issues?

Mileage: 1500 Km.
Looks like the driveshaft will have problems in the long run without the grease in the boot!

Please let the forum know. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-01.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-02.jpg  

Big_Turbo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 12:42   #1269
Distinguished - BHPian

^ Inner drive shaft boot is torn, they need to relocate that cable and replace the drive shaft boot after inspection.

If there is good amount of dirt inside the torn boot ask them to replace the shaft itself else you will have to pay for replacing a worn out drive shaft a few years later.
Kosfactor is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:22   #1270
BHPian

Hi all,
Religiously following the updates and the heart aches of many owners. As I said earlier, Safari purchase is a purchase of the heart. Commonsense plays a very minimal role. I don't have very high expectations of quality and ASS and that gives me peace of mind as far as ownership goes. Still, times are changing and TATA has got a good opportunity to mend its ways and be customer centric. Have completed around 7200 kms in my safari and have observed the following.

1. Discrepancy between MID fuel mileage and real time mileage -

Most of my drives have been on the highway where the MID indicated anywhere between 14-17 KMPL depending on cruising speed. On a hunch, I did a calculation on real time fuel economy and it returned a figure of 12.5 KMPL whereas the MID showed me 14.5 KMPL. After that, I tried it twice and there was a 15% error which is highly misleading. Other Safari owners, pls verify if its the same for you.

2. Pedal height difference and Pedal gap between brake and Accelerator
Maybe its because I'm short or maybe its because its my first AT but, I had a very difficult time trying to adapt to accelerator brake pedal difference.I installed the aftermarket accelerator pedal with a half inch plywood for height and now its more drivable.

2021 Tata Safari Review-pedaldifference.jpg

All things considered, Safari is a looker with lots of Mod options . I present the Safaritroz Sticker wrap does wonders indeed.
2021 Tata Safari Review-rearstickering.jpg
So far, its been relatively trouble free and I hope TATA gets it's act together so that we'll have something called ownership pride. Let's face it. I honestly cant say that I have a good product when so many in this forum itself are complaining about the niggles and breakdowns so much so that I feel niggles and breakdowns is the norm for TATA and I'am the exception.... And that's not a very comforting thought.
Neil Roy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:30   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Is Tata Safari Gold Edition on cards? Likely to be revealed during second half of VIVO IPL 2021 which takes place in UAE between 19th September and 15th October.

Name:  SmartSelect_20210914183039_Twitter.gif
Views: 1172
Size:  5.48 MB

Gold Edition rendered by MotorBeam

2021 Tata Safari Review-smartselect_20210914184536_chrome.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 14th September 2021 at 18:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 21:12   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Is Tata Safari Gold Edition on cards?
Seems like they have removed the phrase 'Gold Edition' from the title. When I first saw it about 30 minutes ago it said "Tata Safari Gold Edition × Vivo IPL". Maybe they didn't want to reveal it yet!
quantobigboot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 21:55   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
2) Side Step with Fitting -19989 /-
20 thousand bucks for side steps?

That’s way too steep.

Quote:
I don’t know how good the ones provided by Tata would hold up, for the Hexa they were pathetic. GM of service at TASS himself advised me to get from outside.

The brackets for them could reduce the clearance. Although I don’t think you need to worry about ground clearance. It’s not like you’d be going for hardcore off-roading. My Hexa with 5mm lesser GC and with side steps has gone through horrible roads without issues.

Last edited by TROOPER : 14th September 2021 at 21:58.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:18   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I honestly cant say that I have a good product when so many in this forum itself are complaining about the niggles and breakdowns so much so that I feel niggles and breakdowns is the norm for TATA and I'am the exception.... And that's not a very comforting thought.
Hi Neil,
I'm also one of the proud owners of Safari who hasn't faced any major or minor issues with my car. Looking at the forums, it will seem like every car sold is a lemon but you need to understand that there is an inherent bias in customer feedback, not just for Safari or on T-BHP but any product and forum. Customer will always have a higher incentive to post negative feedback compared to average or positive feedback. Do notice the number of niggles reported compared to total number of vehicles sold till date and you can see that niggles are exception and not a norm. Anecdotally I've seen more people dissatisfied with their Hyundai and VW purchases especially when it comes to repair and parts cost. Not saying that TML is stellar but the opposite is also not true.

My point is that its no use putting too much thought behind the issues reported, and enjoy your vehicle to the fullest as long as it's serving you well.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:01   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I honestly cant say that I have a good product when so many in this forum itself are complaining about the niggles and breakdowns so much so that I feel niggles and breakdowns is the norm for TATA and I'am the exception.... And that's not a very comforting thought.
Niggles, yes, but breakdowns ? I don't think there is anything in the last 85 pages to suggest breakdowns are a norm. You may face niggles and warranty replacements for auxiliary parts. But breaking down and getting stranded on road is ussually a very rare occurrence for TML. There may be the odd outliers, but you can safely assume the probability of that happening extremely less.
padmrajravi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks