Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2021, 18:10   #121
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Got a message from Tata Motors informing about Test drives and Booking amount.
2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20210204-17.50.06.jpeg
Clicking on the link in the message led nowhere.
2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20210204-17.47.58.jpeg
I thought of accessing their website directly, and this happened on their site.
2021 Tata Safari Review-1.jpg
Tata has launched the vehicle but their site has a bug, the bulk messages they are sending has a link that does not work. Despite having owned two Tata Cars in the past I am seriously looking forward to giving another chance to Tata with Safari (Gravitas), but it seems Tata is not interested.
I understand that these are minor bugs, but aren't bugs meant to be removed before going live and dishing out text messages? I have been a part of several events and trust me, we have done better than Tata. My father wants to buy Hector plus but I do not want a Chinese product.
Wake up Tata.
Note : I have checked at 1820, both the site as well as the link in the message are bug free now. Mods please delete my post or you can decide to keep it, so that it serves as a wake up call to Tata.

Last edited by itsmb : 4th February 2021 at 18:24. Reason: Site and link working now.
itsmb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:14   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I got an invitation from a Tata Motors dealer in Mumbai, Puneet Motors, for the launch today at around 5 pm. They may start deliveries from 22nd Feb but announce the prices today. Let us see.
Did the launch happen. Please update us on this Shreyas .
There is total lack of firm deadlines from Tata in its usual lackadaisical way. They can get the best of designers to make the best of cars but only Tata corporate can achieve complete buzzkill.
Old 4th February 2021, 18:54   #123
BHPian

Hi Vignesh, the Sales Advisor confirmed today’s event was to start accepting booking and test drives. Prices are not out yet. So as some other fellow members mentioned, the prices may be revealed on 22nd Feb. but I am surprised as the ad says deliveries also begin on 22nd. Shouldn’t they ideally reveal prices before the deliveries begin. Sorry if I unnecessarily increased your anxiety on the price reveal.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 18:59   #124
BHPian

Wonder how can they launch and deliver on the same day ? Pricing will be out way before it seems .

I'm mighty impressed with this platform , checkout the darting around the twisties of Nandi hills in this video , yup they learned a lot from JTP too !

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 4th February 2021 at 19:00.
TorqueIndia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:11   #125
BHPian

Let me hazard a wild guess here.

Tata has become the self appointed torch bearer of safety in passenger cars sold in India. They also spare no effort in taking a dig at the unsafe.

They have aggressively got the cheaper models tested and chest thumped the ratings. We have all admired and lauded Tata and Mahindra for their safety focus rightly.

Now the flagship Harrier has not received that kind of push from Tata to hastily knock on GNCAP doors. The new Flagship Safari follows suit and has been "revealed" without crash ratings. Suspicious activity from the safety champion and puts doubt in the minds of customers like me.

Are the delays because Tata is trying to get the Safari GNCAP tested and hence "launch" it again with bragging rights.

With the 3OO's impressive ratings I m sure that M&M would want to launch the 5OO with a perfect rating to boot. If the Safari misses this opportunity at launch , then the essentially loose the first mover advantage for luting safety conscious customers
And to be honest, at the price segment Tata is daring to launch the Safari, safety ratings are a must have information.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:46   #126
VRJ
BHPian

Checked out the Safari today morning at our local dealership. A friend of mine wanted to get either the Harrier or the Safari. I was there only for 15 minutes because the showroom was packed with people. Test drive vehicle hasn’t arrived yet. Went to the Jeep showroom next to check out the compass and i instantly fell in love with it. Will post a couple of pictures in the appropriate thread.

2021 Tata Safari Review-d93b2631919c4cd9b65261e1633b1df4.jpeg

The Dimensions: I’ve heard a couple of people online comparing the road presence with the Fortuner. But NAH. The Safari is no match when compared with the Fortuner or the Endeavour. Based on reviews online, I was expecting a much bigger car to be honest. Maybe I’m used to my Fortuner everyday and I feel this ones a bit small. It’s almost the same as the harrier. Just add two more seats in the boot space and increase the length by a bit.

The Exteriors: It was alright. Personally not a fan of how the front part of the Harrier looks and not a fan of how the Safari looks as well. The headlights, NO, can’t live with that. My friend, who’s planning on buying one likes it. So, I guess that’s all that matters. I mean why is the front DRL LED bulb like and not a LED strip? Why? It’ll look a million times better if it was a proper LED strip like the Baleno (or majority of the cars lately). However, I love the side and rear angle of the Harrier (especially the dark edition). The Safari, the rear is nice, the side and the c-pillar are meh. I prefer the grille on the Harrier.

The Interiors: I’m just not a fan of the front knee room and foot room. The packaging is bad. I feel confined. I can’t move freely (I’m 6’2). In the drivers seat, my left knee hits the centre console (just like the harrier). This might be a minor issue for some, but for me, that’s major. The foot room or footwell in the co-passenger seat is tight. My Innova, Baleno and Fortuner are much better. Coming to the knee room, I had about 4-5cm. I prefer the dashboard of the Safari over the Harrier. The silver looks classy than the wood finish on the Harrier.

2021 Tata Safari Review-bed359d9a34440d3adb21d89bf11e980.jpeg

The interior fit and finish seemed good. Last month when i test drove the Harrier, few interior bits had rough edges. But the Safari was better. Good job by Tata. Especially the area near the electronic parking brake and the door handles. Tastefully done. The armrests are all white, oh god, not ideal for our climate especially humid places like Vizag. Beige alright, white a big NO.

2021 Tata Safari Review-d230c79b56f6443a8b7f6ce4096dbf44.jpeg

Major surprise was the floor hump in the second and third row. I was shocked. Our Innova is a RWD and has a very small hump, but the Safari being a FWD has a big hump. Maybe it was done to make the structure stronger? Checkout the below image. I purposely blew out the highlights for you folks to see it. My friend, who is 5’9, tried sitting in the third row and his back literally hit the roof while he was trying to go to the third row. Looking at his struggle, I didn’t even try. You sit knees up. If you slide the middle row a bit forward, short journeys are possible if you’re below approx 5’7.

2021 Tata Safari Review-2cb037dc349a488abbdc2fd1e833a889.jpeg

The Panel gaps: I’m no expert, I clicked a few pictures. Let the experts weigh in. Both the sides had biggish gaps. It’s not like one side has a smaller gap than the other. So, I’m guessing that’s how the car is? The first picture is of the bonnet.

2021 Tata Safari Review-950aa17254fb433eaed20e19001b8f61.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-465c447e77f24142af1aada84c3c85d9.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-69c40cc3b0824bc3a68de0d5c2adfdaa.jpeg

Conclusion: What does the Safari has that the Harrier doesn’t? Sure, it has a fancy parking brake and a couple of extra goodies (which the Harrier will eventually get in the coming facelift). Unless you really need those two extra seats, my pick is the Harrier in the dark edition. The Harrier has darker (read easy to maintain) interiors, better front grille, huge boot, spacious rear seats and most importantly is a good 1.5-2L cheaper.

If the Safari had the AWD setup, then I’d say YES, the Safari has something that the harrier doesn’t. AWD would sway my decision favouring the Safari. But, it doesn’t. So, I’d pick the Harrier.

Cheers!

Last edited by VRJ : 4th February 2021 at 20:10.
VRJ is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 20:02   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
The Harrier has darker (read easy to maintain) interiors, better front grille, huge boot, spacious rear seats and most importantly is a good 1.5-2L cheaper.

Cheers!
So, when you say 1.5-2L cheaper, was the SA able to comment on the price? Or is this according to the earlier rumoured price?
Old 4th February 2021, 20:31   #128
VRJ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
So, when you say 1.5-2L cheaper, was the SA able to comment on the price? Or is this according to the earlier rumoured price?
I’m sorry I forgot to mention this. It’s just my speculation. The SA didn’t comment on the pricing. He had no clue when the pricing would even be announced. Anything above 2L would be pushing it as I believe the car is identical to the Harrier mechanically and has a lot of parts that are common between them.
VRJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 20:46   #129
BHPian

Teambhp reviewed only SAFARI AT ? heard they changed the MT gearbox to a FCA unit which is an amazing unit than HARRIER MT ,I'm curious on that . Also it may bump up the price difference between SAFARI MT & HARRIER MT.
TorqueIndia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:32   #130
Senior - BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

The price disclosure is on 22nd February.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 4th February 2021 at 21:34.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:33   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Birdie chirps that Tata is preparing to introduce two new colour shades for the Safari:-

1) Stonehenge
2) Camo Green

in addition to the already announced Daytona Grey, Orcus White & Royale Blue colour shades.

The former could be a mix of Gray + Gold + Beige, while the latter might be offered with a special CAMO edition, similar to the Harrier.
RavenAvi is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 21:45   #132
BHPian

I am really disappointed with the way Tata has handled the Safari launch. My SA was confident that the prices will be revealed on 4th and the car will be delivered by 10th.

Now, the launch has been shifted to 22nd and there has been no information from the dealer side. The SA mentioned 3 days ago that their TD vehicle and display vehicle was delayed because all the vehicles had Gravitas naming instead of Safari. I don’t know how authentic this information is.
Old 4th February 2021, 22:14   #133
Senior - BHPian

I just came across this video of safari interior at night. He seems a bit amateur at making automobile videos, so kindly ignore that. But he claims that the mood lighting only lights up when the any of the doors are open. Once the doors get closed and the car starts moving, after a few seconds the mood lights turn off (even if the headlights are in ON position)

If true, this is another messed up thing that could have been quite easily avoided (just like not providing remote start and AC control options like other connected cars)

Last edited by 07CR : 4th February 2021 at 22:15.
Old 5th February 2021, 05:29   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I just came across this video of safari interior at night. He seems a bit amateur at making automobile videos, so kindly ignore that. But he claims that the mood lighting only lights up when the any of the doors are open. Once the doors get closed and the car starts moving, after a few seconds the mood lights turn off (even if the headlights are in ON position)

If true, this is another messed up thing that could have been quite easily avoided (just like not providing remote start and AC control options like other connected cars)
I think he means the footwell lights. It's a copy of the Discovery Sport. The mood lighting remains on, even in daytime, these are light strips on the door and central console. The floor lights are on only when headlights are on and a door is open.
Old 5th February 2021, 11:04   #135
BHPian

I am looking for some inputs and hoping the mods/members can help.

I am thinking of pre-booking Safari XZA+ in coming days and would like to understand if it will be possible to:

1. Install 360 Degrees Camera as add on accessary

I have read few posts on the forum and searched on the net but still have some questions
- Are there any vendors offering such setup? It will help if anyone has contact details in the Pune/Mumbai area.
- Will it void the warranty if I go for after market setup?
- Can the camera output can be integrated with existing HU?
- Finally, is it recommended to make such modifications to a brand new vehicle?

2. Setup headrest for middle passenger

Safari second row doesn't come with headrest for middle passenger. Is it possible to have it as an add on accessary? I tried searching on the net but only saw neck pillow products.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by varman742 : 5th February 2021 at 11:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks