Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 22:44   #1336

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Completed a round trip Chennai-Hyderabad-Chennai covering 1600+ KMs. Did some spirited driving. This car is a gem in the highways. No muscle aches even after 11 hours of driving with 2 short breaks.

Cleaned the car after the trip today. Left the engine on when I used the Car Vacuum cleaner. After finishing the cleaning, started the car again to go for short ride and noticed the check engine light was on. No other error messages. Went for a short 2 KM ride and the check engine light was still there. Tried turning off the engine and turning back on and no go. Ran the diagnostics from the IRA app and saw an error flag on the power train status.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...215914&thumb=1

Called the service center and asked them to pickup the vehicle tomorrow. Since I am around 6300 KMs they suggested that they will get the 2nd service done as well.

Searched for similar issues in the forum and found that few have had this issue due to DPF clogging. I was pretty sure that it was not due to that as the vehicle was driven for over 11 hours at highway speeds 2 days back and not taken out since then. Read in the Harrier forum that one of the users had the Check Engine light on when he had accidentally depressed both the A and B pedal simultaneously and the service center had told him that this will resolve if the car is left turned off for 10 mins.

Went back and started the car and there was no check engine light. Tried the diagnostics again and all looks good. Will cancel the service appointment and see if this reoccurs.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...215913&thumb=1
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-one.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-two.jpg  

ramprebagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 08:25   #1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubingoel View Post
It is a single loud beep that the car just sounds out of seemingly nowhere.
If his phone is connected via bluetooth, it could be an SMS notification. Please ask him to check the screen.

thanks.
Old 8th October 2021, 18:02   #1338
BHPian

Took delivery of my Safari XZA variant and have driven nearly 800kms so far. I am quite happy with the car so far but have noticed similar notification beeps and a slight pull towards the left. The notification is for SMS and when you cross 80kmph speed. The speed limit lights turns on with the beep and stays on till you come below 80kmph. The beep continues periodically until you come below 80kmph. This is what I observed.

I am still not sure of the left pull as it was only on certain stretches of the road. Also, I was late to realise the tyre pressure were different in each tyre. Planning to do a wheel alignment anyway.

Just started to put together the ownership review. Will post it soon and start to post my updates there.

The highway mileage was around 15.5kmpl (approx) using tank fill method. There is a huge margin of error from what you see in the MID which showed 19.5kmpl.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20211008_0813372.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20211008_0813252.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20211008_0813152.jpg  

Last edited by Jude300 : 8th October 2021 at 18:11.
Jude300 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 08:12   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubingoel View Post
A friend has bought the new Safari XZ+ Adventure Persona. He constantly complains about a beep that the car sounds randomly while driving. There is no notification in the MID or the Infotainment display and we have tried to narrow it down during different driving scenarios, but in vain. Does anyone know what it could be? It is a single loud beep that the car just sounds out of seemingly nowhere.
It is a SMS notification if is just once in a while. There is also a gentle beep when speed goes over 80kmph.
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_202110090808262.png

Last edited by Jude300 : 9th October 2021 at 08:14.
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:13   #1340

Anyone else with a 7 seater Safari have the same issue with the seat-belt buckle for the right middle passenger seat (the one behind the driver).

In my car at least, the buckle is on an annoyingly short strap. I would have expected that the strap be of the right length and that the buckle fit snuggly within the cubby created for it in the seat. But it barely makes it out of the hole that it and the middle passenger seat-belt come out of. Because it's so short, it is a struggle to actually get buckled up in this seat. And the buckle often gets pushed through the hole and falls below the seat when trying to buckle/unbuckle. This is really annoying though, as it is a pain to get it back up through the hole.

I queried my service advisor, and all he had to say was that this is how it comes from factory on all cars, and they can't do anything.

I learnt about the existence of seat-belt buckle extenders (like https://www.amazon.com/Vimbo-Extende.../dp/B099J5YQBF). But all I can find online in India are the really stupid 'alarm stoppers'. Anyone know of a place in India I can get this?

I'd also appreciate any other suggestions to help with this problem.

This aside, I've had a pretty nice time with my car. Just completed the 1st service and everything has been good. I've not been able to take it out on any long drives yet and have just completed 1000kms. But the 1000kms have been very enjoyable and extremely comfortable. I can't wait to get it out on a longer drive.
kshlm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 17:33   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshlm View Post
Anyone else with a 7 seater Safari have the same issue with the seat-belt buckle for the right middle passenger seat (the one behind the driver).

In my car at least, the buckle is on an annoyingly short strap. I would have expected that the strap be of the right length and that the buckle fit snuggly within the cubby created for it in the seat. But it barely makes it out of the hole that it and the middle passenger seat-belt come out of. Because it's so short, it is a struggle to actually get buckled up in this seat. And the buckle often gets pushed through the hole and falls below the seat when trying to buckle/unbuckle. This is really annoying though, as it is a pain to get it back up through the hole.
Major major pet peeve this Very annoying and I am yet to find a proper solution. Will have to think of a jugaad to stop it from slipping in.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th October 2021 at 06:39. Reason: Please do not quote an entire long post. Thanks.
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 22:13   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
can anybody confirm if they goy tyre mobiity kit along with safari.
https://Youtu.be/qbhu6yz64tk
Yes, the Safari has the tyre mobility kit kept under the passenger seat.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20211009_122019.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20211009_122026.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshlm View Post
But it barely makes it out of the hole that it and the middle passenger seat-belt come out of. Because it's so short, it is a struggle to actually get buckled up in this seat. And the buckle often gets pushed through the hole and falls below the seat when trying to buckle/unbuckle. This is really annoying though, as it is a pain to get it back up through the hole.

But the 1000kms have been very enjoyable and extremely comfortable. I can't wait to get it out on a longer drive.
Yes buddy, that's the way it is with the buckle. May be Tata thought it will not be a discomfort when used without the middle passenger. But it's very annoying and I was too thinking it was just mine.

I have completed nearly 900 km in a week and loving the car. Before I had my hand on the car i was quite anxious but now I am relieved. The features are too many that some of the issues like the loud beep reported are not issues but actually features that people didn't know. I am also convinced about not going in for the XUV700. The amount of software tech on the car is too much and makes me wonder if what seems to be it's strength to gain the popularity it has earned could turn to be the weakness as well. How many times does our Android phones stall? Even the mighty windows comes with tons of bugs. Safari owners too have reported software bugs in their cars. The more software loaded the car is the more the complication.

The negative publicity that the Safari is earning and the generalized opinions based on a few user experience is definitely not good for this car as I now feel this car is pretty good. Only time will tell if mine has any serious issues. But for now it all seems ok and thoroughly enjoyable.

The automatic gear box is butter smooth and suits my liking. I like driving with a light foot on my other cars and the City mode is more than enough for me on the Safari. However, I love the punch the Sports mode offers though most of my drive has been in the city mode.

Has been a very busy week and going to be even more busy one being a quarter end. However, I could do the first round of photo shoot for the ownership review. Adding a couple of teaser shots

2021 Tata Safari Review-dsc_09522.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-dsc_09912.jpg

Last edited by Jude300 : 11th October 2021 at 22:17.
Jude300 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 00:46   #1343

Anyone getting random screws and bolts in their Safari?
So far, I've found 3:

Name:  20211011_233447.jpeg
Views: 1327
Size:  19.9 KB

1. The next day after delivery (early July), I started hearing a rattling sound in my boot door. Took the car to the SC, got it opened and found this nut. To my surprise, they say, "Sir, it's extra. Doesn't fit anywhere". I failed to understand how this can happen.
2. 2 weeks ago, I found this black screw near left side B-pillar. I tried finding a spot where it could've come from but I couldn't.
3. Yesterday, I was routing a USB cable from the centre console area and this (aluminium kind of) screw just dropped from inside the console.

Whenever I call the SC, they simply ask me to bring the car over to the showroom. How can one keep wasting time and visit them for these issues.
Also, I did visit them for the first screw. Those guys opened the boot door trim and forgot 3 retainer clips (tree type) while fixing it back. This agian caused rattling and I had to get that opened again in the first service.
This simply takes away the confidence and I'm not really sure if this is normal for a Tata car ownership. Never faced these silly issues with my Honda earlier.
sks2610 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 21:19   #1344
BHPian

Just sharing details of the 7D mats I ordered through an IndiaMART seller from Delhi. The 7D mats for the 2021 Tata Safari 7 seater costed ₹4500 (including shipping). I had used DIY noodle mats before on both my Ecosports and they were easier to remove and clean. These ones provide better coverage but are more difficult to remove and clean. However, if you can vacuum clean the car then these mats won't be a problem.

2021 Tata Safari Review-dsc_1016.jpg

More details and pics here (3D KAGU & Other Premium Mats)

Last edited by Jude300 : 18th October 2021 at 21:20.
Old 19th October 2021, 13:24   #1345
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Safari Spied –Petrol variant?

2021 Tata Safari Review-1-2.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-2-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 13:29   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

Or hopefully with a better infotainment system then the only sore thumb in a very good car.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 17:14   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2610 View Post
Anyone getting random screws and bolts in their Safari?
So far, I've found
Let me add it is not just this Safari but even the Safari Storme had this issue . Screws, plastic covers (the small round things that are used to cover screws or open areas in doors) etc. I currently have a small collection of these things waiting for the next service at TASS to get them fixed.
The lesson learnt in my case has been to do a detailed check of everything under and over in the areas that some work has been done, most often you will find some screw missing in the hidden areas. Do not rely on the service center guys to fix them, try to get them fixed in front of you.

Cheers,
zadoom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 19:42   #1348
BHPian

I feel given the response that the XUV 700 has got a 148 bhp petrol and no AWD/4WD will seal the fate of the Safari. Till the DICOR/VARICOR the Safari at least was competent on engines. In the team-bhp poll under 20% have opted for the Safari and the XUV is around the 50% mark.

Unless Tata uses the next few months where the XUV is bottlenecked by production to come up with a suitable response like the Harrier 2.0 we seem to be heading the Aria way. Also I dont think that heavy camo would only be for a petrol engine.
nainan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 01:07   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Tata Safari Spied –Petrol variant?
]
Please be the AWD
Please be the AWD
Please be the AWD
grimmreaper_gtr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 18:53   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmreaper_gtr View Post
Please be the AWD
Please be the AWD
Please be the AWD
I hope your wish is granted. I don't see why Tata would want to plonk a petrol on the Safari. It would garner better sales if it was a Diesel AWD. Also, given the addition of ventilated seats in the gold edition, they should also add it to the new variant. Nice to see the competition in the segment heating up.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks