Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:53   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Well - its not new coming from Tata cars sadly.
Though I have issues in the Safari/Harrier twins as well as the Jeep Compass, I don't think I had this issue in Manza or even the Old Indigo from the Tata stables.

The issue started coming up more when centre consoles' designs changed, more so with the driver was sitting further away towards the engine bay.

While for some vehicles, it may be partially justified, it feels inexcusable for vehicles as wide as Safari/Harrier.

Quote:
Sorry for going off topic.
Not sure if my perception is right, but this seems much on topic to me

It is one of the major issues - close to a deciding factor - against the Harrier/Safari twins for me.

Last edited by Poitive : 22nd November 2021 at 16:56. Reason: Refinement
Poitive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 18:46   #1412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Well - its not new coming from Tata cars sadly.
I have owned a DICOR where I never faced this issue. Though it had a real small clearance between the steering and the seat and of course the HU & the gear lever but that was livable.

I also have driven a Hexa for a couple of days. There too it was never an issues.

On the Safari I can get a few positions where this does not become an issue. It was one of the reasons I went for the Auto as now I dont have to move the left leg much. My worry was that hard plastic piping at the bottom of the console.

I do hope they fix it for the next iteration. XUV already was zooming ahead before GNCAP. I think Mahindra's capacity might end up being its only limiting factor

Last edited by nainan : 22nd November 2021 at 18:48.
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 11:58   #1413

Dear all,

I have purchased a Tata Safari XZA in tropical mist in the month of June 2021 and have travelled nearly 11,000 kms with family which includes my aged parents, my spouse and my kids (aged 20 and 17).

We have absolutely enjoyed the trips and the longest trip was Bengaluru-Rameshwaram-Kanyakumari-Bengaluru with the trip meter showing a 2350 kms.

What was amazing was that my father who is 78 years of age happily enjoyed the trip without any backaches and stress. The vehicle suspension and the seating position is so good. Passengers can seat cross legged as if you are sitting in your house.

All along the Safari gave a minimum mileage of 14.5 and sometimes extending upto 16.5 kms on the highway. Never does the SAFARI feels under powered.

Till date there is not a single niggle whatsoever and the Service (1st and 2nd service are done). There are no rattles and the vehicle is built to last for a decade thats how solidly the vehicle is built.

The sound system is amazing and the interiors feel very premium. I had looked initially at Kia seltos and Creta as options settling for a 5 seater but one look and i did not ever take a test drive also.

I am very proud of the vehicle and feel on top of the world while driving as the SUV has lot of butch quotient on the road.

If there are any prospective buyers i assure that the Safari is top class and do not worry about niggles. Even in cases where there are some niggles the TATA service centers are responsive enough to take care them.

Pleas do not miss out a true blue SUV just because some owners have highlighted a few niggles. There are many buyers like me who do not put acrosss the positive side of things with respect to the SAFARI and the real fact does not come out.
cavenkat is offline   (60) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 14:31   #1414

Hi! Does anyone know what Safari's GAWR (gross axle weight rating) is. I wanted to upgrade my steel wheels to aftermarket alloys but their load rating is just 690kgs. From what I read, this should be at least half of GAWR. Considering that the gross vehicle weight is ~2.5 tons, I'm a bit reluctant going ahead with the upgrade unless I find the exact GAWR.
sks2610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 15:30   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2610 View Post
Hi! Does anyone know what Safari's GAWR (gross axle weight rating) is. I wanted to upgrade my steel wheels to aftermarket alloys but their load rating is just 690kgs. From what I read, this should be at least half of GAWR. Considering that the gross vehicle weight is ~2.5 tons, I'm a bit reluctant going ahead with the upgrade unless I find the exact GAWR.
Neo wheels is the OEM supplier to many brands, they have two designs for Harrier which should fit your vehicle too. I have used Neo wheels in our vehicles and they are as good as new even after many years of hard use. Your tyres are probably not rated for half of the 2.5 ton gross weight.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 15:41   #1416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Neo wheels ... 2.5 ton gross weight.
1. Thanks! I checked Neo wheels. They only have two options in 16" (I don't want to go to 17"/18" because of the comfort) and those two options are not to my liking.
2. The tyres have a load rating of 900kgs. So, any wheel close to this would do.
sks2610 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 17:21   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2610 View Post
1. Thanks! I checked Neo wheels. They only have two options in 16" (I don't want to go to 17"/18" because of the comfort) and those two options are not to my liking.
2. The tyres have a load rating of 900kgs. So, any wheel close to this would do.
Check this out, I think it is stamped on the inside of the wheel as per this video. So I suggest you go to the nearest wheel store and check out the info on the wheel pattern that you like. Remember for certain bolt pattern the choices are limited, you need to prioritize the correct fitment (backspacing, bore diameter etc), vehicle stance & overall look over the shape of the alloy wheel itself.

Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 09:54   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavenkat View Post

Pleas do not miss out a true blue SUV just because some owners have highlighted a few niggles. There are many buyers like me who do not put acrosss the positive side of things with respect to the SAFARI and the real fact does not come out.

I fully agree. 5 months of ownership and an absolute delight. On highways, the feel and grip is unparalleled. Ignore the naysayers around infotainment unit etc.
gk.pavan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:01   #1419
BHPian

Has anyone fitted/seen a roof top luggage carrier on the sunroof version of the Safari? Looks like the roof rack that comes as an accessory is not practical.
I plan to book the Adventure persona but would like to have the option of a luggage rack when needed. The adventure persona means mandatory sun roof :-(.
New2Carz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 12:27   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Carz View Post
Has anyone fitted/seen a roof top luggage carrier on the sunroof version of the Safari? Looks like the roof rack that comes as an accessory is not practical.
I plan to book the Adventure persona but would like to have the option of a luggage rack when needed. The adventure persona means mandatory sun roof :-(.
If you go by the book, Tata officially doesn't provide the luggage carrier for sunroof version as the roof rails provided are not meant for holding that weight. Functional roof rack with load-bearing capacity of up to 75kg (only on non-sunroof variants)

I would not suggest to get a carrier fitted in the sunroof version from outside, as it might impact your warranty and cause damage to your car.
sixthsense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 13:42   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I fully agree. 5 months of ownership and an absolute delight. On highways, the feel and grip is unparalleled. Ignore the naysayers around infotainment unit etc.
Well the positive feedback gives a lot of confidence to folks like us who have just taken a leap of faith on Tata Safari. We are expecting delivery of our Adventure XZA+ after fixing of HSRP number plates in the coming week. I seek guidance on a couple of quick queries:

1. Is the 1000 Km Run-In protocol recommended for Safari. I could not find any specific mention about run-in in the user manual available online.

2. Suggestion on the extended warranty? Must have or good to have?
LivingCars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:38   #1422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingCars View Post
Well the positive feedback gives a lot of confidence to folks like us who have just taken a leap of faith on Tata Safari. We are expecting delivery of our Adventure XZA+ after fixing of HSRP number plates in the coming week. I seek guidance on a couple of quick queries:

1. Is the 1000 Km Run-In protocol recommended for Safari. I could not find any specific mention about run-in in the user manual available online.

Hello LivingCars,

1) There is no mention of running-in in the manual, however it is a good habit to take it easy at least for the first 1000kms. Occasional revving beyond 3500RPM will not impact in any way.

2) Extended Warranty - A must have.
The Riddler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 14:39   #1423
BHPian

Quote:

Run-in a good practice.

For the warranty, I would suggest to take the additional 3 yr extended warranty. It costs around 33k (GST incl.) and you can ask for some discounts on the same. As this is internal Tata warranty, you can expect discounts upto 30% on warranty price. For me this always have been a must have looking at the value for the price I pay.
sixthsense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:10   #1424

Quote:
...Is the 1000 Km Run-In protocol ...
It has been mentioned in the manual on page 138. Attaching the pic for reference.
Name:  Screenshot 20211126 at 9.07.18 PM.png
Views: 1615
Size:  449.0 KB
sks2610 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 21:54   #1425
BHPian

Wireless Android Auto to be soon available for existing Safari owners

Thanks to aks_karthik, I came to know that wireless Android auto will be soon available to existing owners who own XZ, XZ+, XZA and XZA+ variants without wireless Android.

I spoke to a customer relationship manager from Tata motors and he also confirmed the same. He said there were feedbacks from many based on which a software update is on the works and being tested.

Finally, I am very excited to hear that as wireless Android Auto will solve one of the biggest negatives I had with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavenkat View Post
Till date there is not a single niggle whatsoever and the Service (1st and 2nd service are done). There are no rattles and the vehicle is built to last for a decade thats how solidly the vehicle is built.

I am very proud of the vehicle and feel on top of the world while driving as the SUV has lot of butch quotient on the road.

If there are any prospective buyers i assure that the Safari is top class and do not worry about niggles. Even in cases where there are some niggles the TATA service centers are responsive enough to take care them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I echo your views. 2 months and 2300km on the ODO and I have loved every bit of it. I would agree there is lot of room for improvement like all other cars in certain areas. The response from Tata motors had been great so far in resolving any issues I have had. Safari has got all that you need and pampers the occupants with comfort that is unmatched in this segment though it might lack in gizmo (which I am happy to live without).

Quote:

Congrats buddy! The owners manual suggests 2000km running-in period but I normally follow longer periods of running-in for my cars and plan to keep things in the limits until 5000kms.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20211126193118.png
Jude300 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed