Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2021, 17:52   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I mean if you have a large family using all the three rows and planning to go on a road trip, what boot size would you need ideally? Will 300 litres suffice?

I find it just enough even for my family of 3 when I am on a longish road trip. With a family of 5,6 I would certainly need more Boot space than even the 300 litres that is offered by Innova.

So does it really make a difference for those long road trips?
I have never fell in short of luggage space in any instance. But mine is a small family of 4. Even if my sister and niece join, we pack light.

But extra space is always good. I have had some unique situations where extra boot space was a joy.

Like these

Flood relief work during 2015 floods, my Safari Dicor's last row was immensely useful

2021 Tata Safari Review-12339347_10208576290673281_4089709150572675544_o.jpg

When you have to move books for quite some kindergarten kids, my Ciaz's massive 510 liter boot came in handy

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20200814_175836_570.jpg

When tyre replacements happen, old tyres do need some space, again, my ciaz

2021 Tata Safari Review-photo-collage20200101_122917.jpg

Honestly, the percentage of 7 seater buyers who travel at full occupancy on long road trips is very very very low. Such rare families should definitely look at the crysta.

For all others, yes, extra boot space is always welcome, but not a necessity though.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 18:07   #107
BHPian

By any chance, has anyone seen the Safari in Daytona Grey in real life or in the reviews? Almost all of the reviews were with the Royal Blue and Orcus White.

Just wanted some idea about it... because, yes, I am thinking of booking it tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-safari_daytonagrey.jpg  

kung_foo_fanta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 21:25   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I maybe in a minority of one, but I do. The looks of the Innova have grown on me. Mine is a grey one and I have painted the wheels all black, have painted those garish chrome wheel arches black and stuck them on the van to give a black outline to the wheel arches and have wrapped the roofline along the windows black. It looks fine, actually quite good to my eyes.

Btw, I transitioned from Safari (2 Safaris across 8 years) to Innova and resale was not the criteria. A much better car was, and looks though a criteria weren't paramount.
It been 9 years now with the car- sorry van- and I have no plans to sell it. So, as you see resale was no criteria.
I'm happily nodding after reading rrsteer's post. At first i viewed the Innova as reliable-family-transport. Over years, i've discovered it's a lot more than that - may be even a terrific engineering package and the result of carefully studying customer needs. It has also grown on me with it's car like manners allowing one to execute overtakes with confidence. It's predictable handling & driveability helps me close gaps in traffic, decelerate or brake-hard when needed and avoid accidents by maintaining the line.

Even the looks aren't as un-inspiring as i once thought they were. Perhaps i've made peace with it. Truth be told i've used similar adjectives as apachelongbow to describe it. Only that, I can't get myself to do so anymore for the Innova simply delivers. Resale is secondary. To part with it seems so hard. Admit, this is not an Innova thread and i better not go off-topic.

Without doubt the New Safari is a great looker and i've been thinking of it for several months. The integration of the 3rd row into the Harrier seems to be neatly done. The Safari looks proportionate in fact! The package looks and feels even more compelling now. Wireless charging and ventilated seats aren't in my wish list. I care really about a strong engine mated to a nifty gearbox and good ride quality. Therefore, it's been a bit concerning that nearly everyone has recommended going with the AT without expanding on what's amiss with the MT. My clear preference is manual transmission and i'm hoping to discover more about the MT's feedback from those who get to drive it. I welcome views about the Safari's engine+gearbox combination and on ride-quality on city roads.

I'm not too perturbed by the lack of luggage space for it'll be mostly 5 adults on road-trips and seating 7 happens very rarely - only if i were exploring an eating place in the city/outskirts or visiting relatives. For that, it should do!
Old 3rd February 2021, 22:05   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksubram View Post
Therefore, it's been a bit concerning that nearly everyone has recommended going with the AT without expanding on what's amiss with the MT. My clear preference is manual transmission and i'm hoping to discover more about the MT's feedback from those who get to drive it.
I will start with I have not driven the new Safari. However I have driven the Harrier and Hexa and before that have owned a Safari(2.2 DICOR) for a few years. The issue on the MT which did improve in the Harrier but still retains the character of the Safari gearbox is that the gear shifts are not smooth.

I mean it takes some effort to throw it into gear and instead of sliding into a gear it feels more like you need to find the gear slot and push it in. This too is inconsistent as some gear slot more easily than others. There is also a bit of a spongy feel to the lever and that long travel clutch which in stop start traffic can give leg pain. The gearbox I loved on a Tata was the Hexa's automatic which was the best I drove so far(yet to drive the Harrier/Safari auto). While in my 2008 Safari I did get used to it, my current i20 has spoilt me and now my expectations from a gearbox are much more than they were then. Also looking at most reviews I get the impression that the auto box does not suffer from this.
nainan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 10:51   #110
Senior - BHPian

Tata Safari to launch on February 22, official price announcement will take place on launch date and deliveries will start on the same day too. At launch, Tata will offer an automatic gearbox option only with the XM, XZ, and XZ+ trims.

2021 Tata Safari Review-20210204_105026.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th February 2021 at 11:19.
Venkatesh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 11:07   #111

Everyone is reviewing safari, I am like searching someone confirming a way to port the TPMS along with MID TPMS display update to harrier. If there is anything that I miss in my Harrier, that would be TPMS. New gen drivers like me are way too gadget dependent .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
A useful TPMS has been provided. Shows the temperature as well:
koushikroy1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 11:13   #112
BHPian

We don't have any proper 7 seater SUV available in market which has enough enough boot and leg space for third row including Fortuner etc. I think a new platform with increased wheel base is required to accommodate bigger boot and larger third row. Every SUV available in market faces same issues. Why no car maker designs a proper SUV for our market when demand is there, I don't know?
RahuKetu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 12:13   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Safari to launch on February 22, official price announcement will take place on launch date and deliveries will start on the same day too.
Another launch? Really Tata, are two launches not sufficient that we need a third one?
And once again Tata has failed to announce the price, wonder what is going in their HQ. Are they even interested to sell the car at this point or just keep launching it in bits and pieces.
Old 4th February 2021, 12:25   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
And once again Tata has failed to announce the price, wonder what is going in their HQ. .
I think they are still undecided on the prices it seems or maybe having a range in mind like +- 50 K from 15-22 lacs (my guess) and based on the number of pre-bookings might increase or decrease it a bit.

Or one more scenario can be building enough inventory to keep up with the demand so that they can make the most of the late launch and sell as many cars as possible till XUV5oo launches later this year which is going to give some serious competition to it.

Last edited by sv97 : 4th February 2021 at 12:28.
Old 4th February 2021, 13:39   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Safari to launch on February 22, official price announcement will take place on launch date and deliveries will start on the same day too. At launch, Tata will offer an automatic gearbox option only with the XM, XZ, and XZ+ trims.

Attachment 2117835

Source
Wrong info on delivery start timelines.
How is it possible to start deliveries when the price announcement happens on same day ?
Correct deliveries timeline would be Feb end or March starting (given price announcements would happen on 22nd Feb finally).
So many unveils/launches before coming to market. Why not do everything in one shot.

If Mahindra do these, it makes sense because they are launching XUV after Safari, and they might want people to wait and switch to their product.
Dont understand the logic for Tata motors to do this.

Tarikh pe Tarikh.. Tarikh pe Tarikh.. aur end me milta kya hai.. phir koki aur Tarikh..
Old 4th February 2021, 14:25   #116
Senior - BHPian

This one really looks majestic, a bit Range Rover-ish. Like a lion on prowl. It won't look out of place even on Californian expressways.

It is good to see a quantum jump in the quality of Safari, the whole Safari naming issue notwithstanding which has frankly been beaten to death. One thing common between Creta, Thar, Safari, and upcoming XUV500 and Scorpio is that all 5 of these vehicles have taken a huge leap over their previous gen versions, in feel, quality and features. Especially, Creta, Thar and Scorpio look like 2 gen ahead.

Also, this time around, I think new Safari, XUV500 and even Scorpio (which would be more car-like) would take the fight to Innova camp. Toyota had a free run all these years but these 3 plus new Creta, MG and Compass 7-seaters would give Toyota a run for customers' money. Innova's taxi-image (it is where Indica was 10 year back) and van-like looks are a turn-off for many. Next to Innova, every one of these 6 would look like a beauty queen.
pgsagar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:00   #117
BHPian

If they provide a proper 4WD system, redesign the bumpers a bit tighter for better approach and departure angles, we'll have ourselves a DESI-Discovery. I would gladly put my money here rather than paying for the over priced Fortunner or Endeavour.
Beerus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:09   #118
BHPian

Quote:

Source
Wonder what happened to the price announcement. Buyers need to make a decision on whether to go ahead with the purchase based on the price, then we will have invoicing, registration process before delivery.

On a different note, our dealer is saying that our car will arrive tomorrow/saturday, with PDI early next week.
Even if that timeline turns out to be true, not sure what will happen to the delivery, considering no pricing info yet.
ts1506 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 15:30   #119
BHPian

I got an invitation from a Tata Motors dealer in Mumbai, Puneet Motors, for the launch today at around 5 pm. They may start deliveries from 22nd Feb but announce the prices today. Let us see.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 17:55   #120
BHPian

Took a test drive of the Safari today with Prerana Motors Rajajinagar. Beautiful car (both my wife and I enjoyed the short test drive) and will be booking XZA+.

Pricing still awaited, and was expected in the morning. But they were also only expecting a display car today - and were surprised to receive the demo car as well.

Many inquiries and a few bookings have started. They don't have a sense on the delivery dates - but the dealer seems to have mostly been in the dark - and I was updating the sales executive basis team-bhp updates

If someone is aware of a dealer willing to deliver the car next week, please let me know the dealer details - since we would be able to use it for a trip the week after. Thanks

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th February 2021 at 18:46. Reason: edited
Spyder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks