Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 17:53   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Great to see Tata following the traditional Safari marketing theme, looking good so far.

The historic Safari 'Reclaim your Life' campaign is well recognised, therefore makes a lot of sense to piggyback on the same rather than start something from scratch and wait for it to gain traction!

Nice build up for the 22nd, fingers crossed for some stellar pricing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
After the Monday Blues, here is the Tuesday Chaos. I think its the Reclaim Your Life week till the price reveal on February 22

https://Youtu.be/w0V_zsyT6uk
Old 16th February 2021, 18:43   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Nice build up for the 22nd, fingers crossed for some stellar pricing!
TML sure must be in quite a dilemma, on the lower side they have Harrier which they can't undercut, on the upper side they have XUV500 which comes loaded to the brim with features.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 18:55   #228
Senior - BHPian

What's left to tease I wonder? We know the product, we have the name. This exercise should have been done in Jan itself. Wasted advertisement bucks, if you ask me.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 21:46   #229
BHPian

Walk around of Tata safari in grey colour. Looks good IMO

Last edited by varman742 : 16th February 2021 at 21:47.
varman742 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 00:43   #230
BHPian

I have booked the New Safari. Checks most boxes for me.. Safety (piggybacking on Tatas big focus on safety), roomy 3rd row and good power.

Need help in choosing the right variant esp with just 73L boot space.

Can I get a luggage carrier attached later, on the variant with the sunroof, if I repeatedly run out of boot space?

Seems absurd to cover sunroof with a grill though 🥺
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 06:34   #231
Senior - BHPian

Can you avoid the glass area and get a 'minuscule rack' tailor-made for just the small, steel roof area? I mean, there is the shark-fin antenna to deal with, so the carrier needs to be slightly taller. Just putting a thought out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
just 73L boot space. Can I get a luggage carrier attached later, on the variant with the sunroof, if I repeatedly run out of boot space? Seems absurd to cover sunroof with a grill though 🥺
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 07:07   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
the problem is, "lifestyle ads" look comical if the product niggles are being highlighted in forums and celebrated by brand haters. Imagine how these 'reclaim you life' adventure drone shots of a car with dust plumes in its wake will look , to a person who just previously read about fuel tank hanging low after the bolts came off, because someone in TMIL factory QC dept, failed to do his job ?
If the product is stellar, it will hardly need ads - in this age of social media and instant wildfire news spread, word of mouth (via social media) is the biggest ad. If there is something good, it is shared to 10 people ; if there is something bad, it is shared to 100 people - that's the human psyche

Ask the Hexa. A stellar product praised by all, not much of marketing hype, probably the best 6/7 seat SUV/MUV, but it flopped.
Post being culled, lot of crocodile tears in this forum on how they "would" have bought one. Compare this to a Harrier, vilified on this forum, however the market has lapped it up. A reality check: opinions on this forum don't reflect the real world.
apachelongbow is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 07:21   #233
Senior - BHPian

We make the forum. And every view matters. Else why would we all be here? Hexa isn't exactly a good looking car. My cousin passed this up (in spite of me forcing him to the showroom) and bought a XUV 500 for looks alone. Harrier is vilified and looked up to, as well. These are balanced views
Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Ask the Hexa. A stellar product praised by all, not much of marketing hype, probably the best 6/7 seat SUV/MUV, but it flopped. Post being culled, lot of crocodile tears in this forum on how they "would" have bought one. Compare this to a Harrier, vilified on this forum, however the market has lapped it up. A reality check: opinions on this forum don't reflect the real world.
Old 17th February 2021, 09:21   #234
BHPian

This particular picture looks worrying to me. I would not like any of my loved ones to sit in this seat, as their back and head would be too close (in my opinion) to the rear hatch, with barely any crumple zone.

2021 Tata Safari Review-2021tatasafari44.jpg

In the quest for usable legroom in the third row, manufacturers tend to push the seat as far back as possible. But, to my mind, this is not just a boot-space issue, but a safety concern as well. Especially because adjudging the effect of a rear end impact on the last row passengers is not a part of the standard crash test, and consumers only have a visual reference to go by. The core issue seems to be that this car is too small to be a real 6 / 7 seater. I would like to think if it as strictly a 4 / 5 seater, with a bigger boot than the Harrier's.

I would request moderators to comment on this aspect in reviews going forward, as this is a common-enough way to shoehorn a third row.

Here is the pic of a 'real' 7-seater, for comparison (Kia Carnival). The difference in crumple length is significant:

2021 Tata Safari Review-images.jpeg

Last edited by vipul_singh : 17th February 2021 at 09:35.
vipul_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 09:42   #235
Senior - BHPian

Don't worry, there is adequate space. 'Such a little space' is inadequate for luggage, but they have given this just so your head doesn't hit the glass. That's the real motive, I feel. In fact that thought did strike me at first, and I wanted to be doubly sure
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_9358.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:00   #236
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Ask the Hexa. A stellar product ....but it flopped.
Compare it to Safari, and the Hexa had the clear

3M

advantage:

M

ore Comfort:
Better set of seats, the Safari front seats don't offer the under thigh support, design, and cushioning; that's even near to Hexa and the segment leader. Couple this to better suspension and the awesome ride quality!

M

ore Practicality:
Safari has better in-the-door storage, but Hexa has a boot - case closed!

M

ore Capability:
RWD, put 7 people on board, put some snow or slush on the surface and make it an incline. Let's see who can climb it easier. Recently on the snow drive, I noticed that Hexa was moving without any wheelspin at all, while the FWDs were all having a hard time going uphill whenever they lost momentum (Yes 1st gear momentum of 10-15 kph). Additionally the weight and wider tyres of Hexa made it move better than even the Crysta too (A lot of Crysta cabs actually). These FWD SUVs are a sore failure when it comes to incline + low grip situation, their TCS needs to work very hard to make sure that the UV keeps moving ahead.

Quote:
opinions on this forum don't reflect the real world.
Issue is the difference between being idealist and being practical IMO. There are multiple factors, and biggest of them being brand bias. We all being enthusiasts, we look at the car behind the nose badge, while our regular public first looks at the nose badge, then the car behind it.

What's more surprising is that, our buyers will whole heartedly accept some unknown brand from off-shores, without bothering about their reliability record in their own motherland, but still won't trust the one which has the logo of the brand, that we Indians trust the most!

Last edited by VKumar : 17th February 2021 at 10:01.
VKumar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:26   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I have booked the New Safari. Checks most boxes for me.. Safety (piggybacking on Tatas big focus on safety), roomy 3rd row and good power.

Need help in choosing the right variant esp with just 73L boot space.

Can I get a luggage carrier attached later, on the variant with the sunroof, if I repeatedly run out of boot space?

Seems absurd to cover sunroof with a grill though 🥺
Does not make sense to attach luggage carrier on sunroof version. This will make sunroof unusable. Safari has big enough glass area so you definitely don't need sunroof for more light.

If luggage carrier is mandatory, go for a version lower than the top end, that way you end up saving some amount, which you can spend on better quality luggage carrier.
abhijet.sen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:55   #238
Senior - BHPian

Stuck in the middle of the week, Wednesday Crisis.

Old 17th February 2021, 11:07   #239
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for an unbiased and genuinely great review as always.

One of my family member is seriously contemplating on buying the Safari top end automatic variant. We did a long test drive and were very thoroughly impressed by the the SUV in many aspects.

But as mentioned in the Cons in the review about the Service interval of just being 6 months / 7500 KM. It is really a matter of concern in this age of minimum standard of 1 year / 10000 KM interval.

I would like to know honest views of the owners of a Harrier on this aspect with respect to the quality of ASS and more importantly the cost of paid service.
I'm not sure if this is discussed or covered in any other thread as i was unable to find these details on Harrier review Thread. Any genuine comments of Tata owners are really welcome to make a decision.
Old 17th February 2021, 11:14   #240
BHPian

Quote:
the problem is, "lifestyle ads" look comical if the product niggles are being highlighted in forums and celebrated by brand haters. Imagine how these 'reclaim you life' adventure drone shots of a car with dust plumes in its wake will look , to a person who just previously read about fuel tank hanging low after the bolts came off, because someone in TMIL factory QC dept, failed to do his job ?
There are not many brands out there, barring the Japanese duo may be, that can claim perfection. The VW cars are very notorious in the USA. Does it mean they stop advertisements altogether until they sort them all out? Car companies are not individuals that will get bogged down by these failures or take criticism personally. The goal would be that every single team does the job it is supposed to do. Just because someone forgets to tighten a bolt (even if we presume that to be the case), doesn't mean a marketing guy quits his job.

Quote:
If the product is stellar, it will hardly need ads - in this age of social media and instant wildfire news spread, word of mouth (via social media) is the biggest ad. If there is something good, it is shared to 10 people ; if there is something bad, it is shared to 100 people - that's the human psyche
It may work for a neighborhood Kirana shop, but car manufacturers need to cross several boundaries to reach out to their potential customers. No way they can sell a product without advertisements, one form or other. I am sure they have several teams that will handle different channels of marketing and advertisement including social media.
prakash_ajp is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks