Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:34   #301
BHPian

Re: All-new Tata Safari launched at Rs. 14.69 lakh

Excellent price, IMO! Launching with a low introductory price and later on slowly increasing is anyway better than being optimistic.

I am pleasantly surprised by the new color too, which was growing on me since it was firsts showcased. It looks even better with the dark alloys and grill. Will be interesting to see it in person, though.
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:40   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Reclaim Your Life with Safari new TVC

Venkatesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:42   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The top-spec XZ+ variant comes in "Adventure Persona" trim. It is finished in a unique shade called Tropical Mist with a piano black grille and exterior trim. It comes with Charcoal Grey alloy wheels. On the inside, it gets Earthy Brown upholstery and dark chrome trim with piano black surfaces.
Hello TusharK
A big shout out for your informative post! Bang on time, I must say!! Will definitely help us a lot!

So on the "Adventure Persona" trim, the white seat covers and other upholstery are replaced by Brown ones?
wild child is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:52   #304
BHPian

Very good pricing, especially with respect to Harrier

Safari vs Harrier:
For extra approx 1 lac:
Advantage Safari: TPMS, EPB with auto hold, rear disc brakes, connected car tech and OTA updates, mood lighting, bigger tyres, middle row seat recline/adjustable, boss mode for more legroom, Better Looks(subjective), 2 extra seats

Safari vs Hector+
But let's see how it fares with respect to its current biggest rival Hector+ (till the time 2021 XUV is launched):
If one wants diesel automatic, Hector doesn't provide it
If one wants petrol, Safari doesn't provide it.

For Diesel Manual, Safari costs 20 lac ex-showroom while Hector+ costs 19.15lac (hector+ is almost 1 lac on-road cheaper)

Advantage Safari: better looking and actually usable 3rd row seat, more safety with 14 ESP modes, Hill Descent Control, terrain modes (rough/wet/normal), no EPB in Hector Plus diesel (only DCT-petrol has it), bigger/wider tyres - 235/60 R18 vs 215/55 R18 of hector+, multi drive mode: eco/sport mode, better high speed dynamics, hard buttons for ac control etc unless hector where touch screen has to be used

Advantage Hector+: 360 camera, ventilated seats, front parking sensors, co driver powered seat, automatic tail gate with foot swipe, heated orvm, wireless charging, bigger/better touch screen, better connected car features , 155L vs 73L boot, 530 vs 447L(boot with 3rd row down), 60 vs 50L fuel tank, Much more color choices including Dual Tone color choice, better ride quality at lower speeds due to softer suspension, sunglass holder, cooled glove box, electronic power steering which means lighter steering at parking/lower speeds.

I personally would go for Safari than Hector+. Safari's extra features are more useful. Hector+ is more bling.

Last edited by SahilS : 22nd February 2021 at 12:59.
SahilS is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:56   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
My first thought on the TVC - could have been better.

The cult level TVCs we grew up watching have set the bar too high. Going to be hard to beat for the new generation Safari. This one I feel is a bit too confused and I got bored midway. In fact - even when I don't need it - I constantly kept thinking "this car doesn't have an AWD" while watching the TVC. Tata - get an AWD soon at least on paper - just to justify the trails and water-wading that Safari ads will always need to have.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd February 2021 at 13:19.
Reinhard is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:08   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
If one wants diesel automatic, Hector doesn't provide it
If one wants petrol, Safari doesn't provide it.

For Diesel Manual, Safari costs 20 lac ex-showroom while Hector+ costs 19.15lac (hector+ is almost 1 lac on-road cheaper)

I personally would go for Safari than Hector+. Safari's extra features are more useful. Hector+ is more bling.
Doesn't the Safari start from Rs. 15 lacs ex showroom?
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:09   #307
BHPian

A very distinctive shade and being lighter compared to the CAMO editions will be easier to maintain in the long run. The darker shade of the interiors should also tempt buyers for those who don't like the all white on the regular XZ+/XZA+.
https://www.carwale.com/news/tata-sa...-rs-2020-lakh/
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210222130549.png  

2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210222130615.png  

damodar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:15   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

A new variant called Adventure Persona is also being launched. It has a unique Misty Blue colour with dark interiors.
Quote:
Some pictures of New Safari Adventure Edition -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
In fact - even when I don't need it - I constantly kept thinking "this car doesn't have an AWD" while watching the TVC. Tata - get an AWD soon at least on paper - just to justify the trails and water-wading Safari ads will always need to have.
When they started off with saying that Safari is getting an adventure variant, I for a second thought that they'll be launching an AWD variant. Alas, it wasn't that. Although the interior theme would be better in terms of maintaining it. This is available only in the XZ+ and XZA+ variant so a person going in for an XZ or XZA will have to live with a white interior.
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:18   #309
BHPian

A quick look at how the new Tata Safari stacks up against its main rivals: Mahindra XUV500 and MG Hector Plus - on the price graph.

2021 Tata Safari Review-eu0iqwgvgauzsci.jpeg

Source
ASP007 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:19   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I loved this new TVC. After a long long time, Tata has gone back to make some 'inspirational' ads.

As a theme, this feels like a mix of the original 'Reclaim your life' Safari ad series and the 'Kuch log Sumo chalate hai' series. While watching this ad, I could relate to quitting mundane jobs, going back to your roots and giving a new meaning to your life.

While a jump, run within forests and dust trails are covered in the ad, a water splash would have made it complete.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd February 2021 at 13:20.
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:19   #311
BHPian

Quite impressed by the pricing even though it seems introductory and will be revised in few months if market response is good. I'll be going ahead with my pre-booking for XZA trim, so hope deliveries are on time.
IMO, they should have given the option of Adventura Persona with darker interiors and trim on atleast XZ variant, not just XZ+ as it looks really good and will be in demand but keeping it only for top variant takes it out of consideration for lot of people like me.
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:20   #312
BANNED

"If You Won't Cannibalize Yourself, someone else will"

Looks like the Tata management has finally understood what Mr. Steve Jobs said.

Absolutely wonderful pricing

Being close to Harrier won't hit as hard, as going too close to Crysta will. Finally, no matter what the customer takes home, it will be a Tata only.

That said, I have a gut feel that Harrier sales are going to take a hard hit because of the presence of Safari, and hence, the discounts may very soon roll in to help the Harrier sell with a wider price gap. IMO, a master stroke. Let Safari stay here, and the Harrier come with some discounts. The gap will be widened, and customers will also feel happy.

Else, against a Safari with captain seats, I see no reason for anyone to go for a Harrier. The only USP that a Harrier offers now is slightly better looking rear end, and a parcel tray to cover your luggage.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:20   #313
BHPian

FINALLY!! Tata understood how to launch the pricing at least. I am one of those who cried foul when this vehicle was given the safari nameplate. But after watching the ad above, I think it still is evoking emotions and the adventure edition is almost a desi LR Disco.

Tata's design and awesome ads like these make you just go and put a deposit even after reading through numerous quality control issues and electronic niggles.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 22nd February 2021 at 13:31.
Lowflyer23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:23   #314
Senior - BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

I think Tata has played it very safe with the Safari pricing. They know they have to compete with the Hector, and then the upcoming XUV500, which may be potentially better equipped. So they could not have been over ambitious with the pricing. Also, this leaves some price correction possible for the Harrier. If they could bring the prices of the Harrier down slightly, then it could bring additional volumes.

No one can fault for Tata for the launch of the Safari. Debates aside, they made sure the car got massive attention thru the last minute change of Gravitas to Safari, they have launched with an automatic, sunroof is also available. And lastly the price is very attractive too. I think Tata deserves a fair bit of success for doing most things right.
motorworks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:23   #315
Senior - BHPian

Here's a quick look at how the new Tata Safari stacks up against its rivals - the Mahindra XUV500 and MG Hector Plus - on the price graph.

2021 Tata Safari Review-20210222_131622.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed