Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:46   #316

Re: All-new Tata Safari launched at Rs. 14.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I think this is not a very smart move. This way, they are cannibalisation the sales of Harrier by Safari, not adding sales.

The added advantages are too good to be ignored, including the better street presence. They should have kept a different of 1 lakh at least.
Though it has been already mentioned on this thread but can't stop myself from saying that "A wise man often says if you do not cannibalise yourself, you competitors would happily do it for you".

What this pricing also does is attract a lot of people who were on the edge waiting for the XUV500.
sahil1010 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:49   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aansh singhania View Post
There is a new safari ad coinciding with the launch and this one seems to have shot and written with the safari in mind unlike the previous one which looked like something written for the gravitas
https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=5euP5ezC424

I loved this ad personally and the adventure edition looks amazing
Loved the ad and great pricing. I just hope this gets the success Safari has always deserved. Yes it's not the safari of yester years, but purists never got the cash into coffers, so full points to Tata to adapt the way they think it works. I still hope they bring in the AWD atleast to complete the line up, may be on order basis.

I am sure harrier safari duo will bring good numbers to TaMo.

The competition is up to it's toes now. Wish Safari all the luck, and wish I had the moolah to plonk right away, and I would have got the adventure. But it's the all new Thar for me for now in a couple of weeks.
justwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:52   #318
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Does the 2nd row bench variant come with a 3 point seat belt for the middle passenger, i tried to see so many pictures and videos it seems to be missing.
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:13   #319
BHPian

Found some realistic pictures of the “Adventure Persona” variant. Looks very nice, the interiors especially.

Last edited by Shanksta : 22nd February 2021 at 14:22.
Shanksta is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:16   #320
BHPian

Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition through whatsapp but I couldn't find this anywhere on youtube and I couldn't upload this video directly on this forum due to some issue.

They have used the iconic music of the old safari TVC towards the end of this video

Last edited by aansh singhania : 22nd February 2021 at 14:28.
aansh singhania is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:16   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Found some realistic pictures of the “Adventure” variant. Looks very nice, the interiors especially.
Wow so the variant has already reached showrooms also. They managed to keep it quite a secret till now I must say. Wasn't aware of such a variant.

They really should not have used that beige-like shade on the leather wrapped door grab handles. First - its looking quite out of place against the rest of the black door panel. Secondly - its a part that will be frequently used for door use. It would be better off in a darker shade for practicality purposes.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:17   #322
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Wow, wow, wow! The ~1 lakh rupee premium is totally worth it . We earlier had a discussion on the forum and a few of us were fine even with a 1.5 lakh rupee premium. Heck, those 3rd row of seats alone are worth 1 lakh to me in utility. The additional features & showing off the "Safari" badge are added bonuses.

In a way, this also shows the premium pricing of the Harrier though. Its pricing has gone up from the time of launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I think this is not a very smart move. This way, they are cannibalisation the sales of Harrier by Safari, not adding sales.
An extremely wise man once said "if you don't cannibalise yourself, the competition will gladly do it for you" . The Safari is priced to sell. Let the customer choose! It's not the Safari's intention or purpose to "save" the Harrier.
GTO is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:29   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition through whatsapp but I couldn't find this anyone on Youtube and I couldn't upload this video directly on this forum due to some issue.
https://m.Youtube.com/watch?v=jqTyRuU9wpc
They have used the iconic music of the old safari TVC towards the end of this video
Ohh that sweet music. It just pulled a new bag of nostalgia from the memories. I was smiling when that music kicked in.
This music and Mahindra's Live young, live free sound track are best BGM in advertisements IMO.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:32   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Hasn't the share price more than doubled in the last couple of months?
No Bro!! I invested in 2017, where price was moving south from 500
camon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:34   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

The Adventure Persona Safari looks absolutely striking

2021 Tata Safari Review-c871bc821d9d46329467bcbf01fc23cd.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-c6940312a1cd4639be036f6967efd84f.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-2308c359f90943e0a592ac8a37b45783.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-3bc0685a4a3445c0baf7b38a7a37c5d8.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-d0c70d9834944451a4f93635de79f15d.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-f7d5d338e4ad47888cb189d7bc9130ec.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd February 2021 at 14:37.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (41) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:45   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition through whatsapp but I couldn't find this anywhere on Youtube and I couldn't upload this video directly on this forum due to some issue.
Tata knows to make Ads ! Absolute gold mine of an AD!

Apart from making safe cars that is !

Even the full length Safari commercial posted a bit above is extremely well made.
Mi10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:56   #327
BHPian

Tata Safari Adventure XZA -26.1 OTR(TN)
Tata Harrier XZA + Dual tone - 24.75
Toyota Innova crysta - 29.47

For an introductory offer, its a fantastic price. Considering the added equipment and seats the price difference with Harrier is literally nothing.
And though Innova is not a direct competitor, for someone who wants a chauffeur driven car 90% of the time and 10% occasional self drive, this makes sense too. It has better suspension and comfort, is easier to drive than Innova and the rear bench seat on top end version means it can carry more people too. Of course the Toyota's reliability is hard to topple, but i hope it take some sales from Innova too. They have been capitalising too long on the T-badge with ridiculous pricing.

I took a short drive within the City. I own the Compass and compared to that, it did'nt feel as solid to drive or ride in. The the ride was more brittle but the gearbox was eons better than the compass automatic. Also it was noticeably better than the Innova, i regularly travel in. And when you picked up speed to more than 35-40kmph the potholes and low speed firmess and rocking almost disappeared. For driving within the city it was quite easy to handle.

I really hope it sells well.
spkrnh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 14:57   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Recieved this new TVC focusing on the adventure edition through whatsapp but I couldn't find this anywhere on Youtube and I couldn't upload this video directly on this forum due to some issue.
That usage of the original ad's tune is a masterstroke.
Wow, totally impressed, this is the kind of ads we want.
Ads with passion, that imagery about freedom.

Really happy how Safari is being launched (also the pricing) - looks like TML wants people to buy the new Safari. Couldn't say the same about earlier - no features, no AT, and in 2018 dealers weren't even happy to accept my booking.

cheers
lazy
lazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:21   #329
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari A/T: Review & S.W.O.T. Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

- The Suspension is an independent setup up front & Some of the front Suspension is carried over from the D8 LR Discovery Sport whereas the rear, is developed by Lotus Engineering UK.

- Overall the ride quality remains a strong selling point for the Safari & even with the larger 18" rims have 235/60 R18 tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia EP 850) which is a healthy profile to aid comfort.

- The added length and more weight has also sort of settled things in favour of the Ride Quality for the Safari.

- The steering is an hydraulic unit and i really personally as an enthusiast always applaud Automotive manufacturers who still use Hydraulic Power Steering Units.

- The Suspension though comfort oriented does offer good support in making the Harrier handle well & suited for long distance touring abilities
What is your opinion in comparison to Hexa? I have owned a dicor, was once looking to switch to Hexa but couldn't so it would be good to know about which one is better in terms of ride, suspension and handling.

Your video was good to watch.

If I may offer an unsolicited opinion- Too much open palm outward gestures and movements of your hands are a bit distracting. It is generally used in exaggerating a point but too much use of it works otherwise. Try using your hands to outline the body contours if you feel uneasy keeping it at your side.
Sran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 15:57   #330
BHPian

What a pricing by Tata, they have put up a masking tape on all the critics with that pricing. Safari has hit the ball out of park, lets hope this translates into an excellent, niggle free, high volume product. Around one lakh rupees over the Harrier, Tata has kept it very tight, while the expected pricing was discussed on Team BHP didn't expect it to be so close to the discussions, Tata keeping close tabs on this forum?
Adventure Persona edition looks smashing, it is like Tata pulled out a 'rabbit out of the hat' at the last moment after the Gravitas-Safari fiasco.
The new advertisements are bang on! with reference to the sentimental and nostalgia aspects.
The Adventure Persona edition Ad at 1:29 minutes is just Goosebumps on repeat mode
ArTigor is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks