Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 07:46   #406
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
The Adventure Persona trim looks absolutely sick! There is nothing in the < 50L range that comes close. The non adventure colours looked okayish but this has bowled me over. If I was in the market today I'd be at the Tata showroom first thing tomorrow to book one. I just hope they don't discontinue it soon. I'm going to be in the market later this year and I'll get this in a heartbeat. Put on a roof box and some AT rubber and you're good to go.
Roof box ? Adventure persona comes as a sunroof variant right?
Old 24th February 2021, 08:06   #407
Senior - BHPian

Many have asked this. Even if you have a Sunroof, you can definitely fit a box. Have a look at the the LR catalog (from overseas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Roof box ? Adventure persona comes as a sunroof variant right?
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 10:22   #408
BHPian

The Adventure Persona variant is just WOW !!

I was on the lookout for a 7 seater for about a year now around the 20-30L price bracket. Took a thorough test drive of the Hector Plus, but just wasn't convinced with the last row seats.
Once the Safari was announced, took a test drive and was impressed. The only major drawback is the boot space which is non existent with all rows up. This isn't really a big miss for me as most of the times, only two rows are going to be occupied with the occasional requirement for the last row. Not yet convinced about the roof box and it's requirement. I was still willing to wait for the XUV500 to be launched so that I can compare and buy the better of the two which suits my needs.

After the Launch on Feb 22, the aggressive pricing and the Adventure persona variant totally had me bowled over. Blackened bits instead of chrome - tick, darker shade of seats - tick ( especially with 2 kids in the back seat ), the Tropical mist color ( tick ) Have booked the Adventure Persona 7 seater variant ( Manual ) Booked it at Adishakti motors with a booking amount of 31k, Hebbal Bangalore. Was quoted a waiting period of 4 - 6 weeks. Planning to get the insurance done outside, the dealer was quoting 1.18k for the insurance.

Haven't seen the Adventure variant in flesh though, I've told the SA to give me a ring once it reaches their yard so that I can take a look, but I doubt I'll be changing the booking. The eager wait starts now !
ashbhat2 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 14:38   #409
BHPian

I strongly suggest you swap the booking to an automatic which is simply brilliant and no comparison to the manual variant (hard clutch, frequent shifts in traffic, more wear/tear) which would be painful in Bengaluru, no point regretting in future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Have booked the Adventure Persona 7 seater variant ( Manual ) Booked it at Adishakti motors with a booking amount of 31k, Hebbal Bangalore. Was quoted a waiting period of 4 - 6 weeks. Planning to get the insurance done outside, the dealer was quoting 1.18k for the insurance.

Haven't seen the Adventure variant in flesh though, I've told the SA to give me a ring once it reaches their yard so that I can take a look, but I doubt I'll be changing the booking. The eager wait starts now !
AirWind is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 15:08   #410
BHPian

This video very nicely explains the recommended variants for Safari shoppers.

Recommended -
  • MT variants - XT, XT+
  • AT variants - XZA, XZA+

Strongly Not Recommended -
XE, XM and XMA

2021 Tata Safari Review-capture.png

Last edited by varunswnt : 24th February 2021 at 15:11.
varunswnt is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:25   #411
BHPian

So after a lot of deliberations, brainstorming on pros & cons within family and TD of Safari automatic variant, I am finally going ahead with Safari XZA+ (7 Seater) Adventure Edition. The decision making process in the last 2 months has been a roller coaster ride, with our mind changing every now and then! I am hoping to share my experience/thought process in my ownership experience soon, once I get the delivery.

We were thinking of Blue color initially, however after seeing the adventure edition in person, me, wife and kids unanimously decided to go for this one instead of the regular. The black treatment and tropical mist color is just classy and in person looks gorgeous and wicked.

I have been given the delivery timeframe of about 4 weeks by the SA. The wait begins now!

Last edited by varman742 : 24th February 2021 at 16:29.
varman742 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:10   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I strongly suggest you swap the booking to an automatic which is simply brilliant and no comparison to the manual variant (hard clutch, frequent shifts in traffic, more wear/tear) which would be painful in Bengaluru, no point regretting in future!
Was very tempted indeed.
Usage has come down drastically since the lockdown and I shifted companies during the lockdown and my new workplace has well connected bus network. So my main usage for this car is going to be for highway drives and any weekend drives inside Bangalore.
Considering this, I intentionally didn't TD the AT variant ( which might've tilted it in it's favor given all the praise it is receiving )

I don't want to give up the feel of shifting gears on curvy hill roads. At least not Yet !!

Last edited by ashbhat2 : 24th February 2021 at 17:13.
ashbhat2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:30   #413
BANNED

What is the tyre size of Tata Safari?
Old 24th February 2021, 18:24   #414
Senior - BHPian

Although it means very little in the long run, Tata needs to take a leaf out of M&Ms marketing and release booking numbers and prospective waiting periods.

Mahindra does this well and it helps generate hype, Thar, Marazzo, Jawa, XUV300......they started this trend since the XUV500 launch years ago and has worked well for them ever since.

This generates opinion among the public that there is a lot of demand for the product.
shortbread is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 18:30   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet_kaur View Post
What is the tyre size of Tata Safari?
Navneet ji, please check post #3 of this thread. 16" for lower variants, 18" for higher.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 20:32   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Although it means very little in the long run, Tata needs to take a leaf out of M&Ms marketing and release booking numbers and prospective waiting periods.

Mahindra does this well and it helps generate hype, Thar, Marazzo, Jawa, XUV300......they started this trend since the XUV500 launch years ago and has worked well for them ever since.

This generates opinion among the public that there is a lot of demand for the product.
True. But it cuts both ways. If the number is not big, it acts as a damper. That said, I strongly believe new gen Safari would do much better than last gen, owing to creature comfort, host of features, pano-roof and AT.

Not just Safari/Harrier but the upcoming all-new XUV500 and Scorpio have taken the game to next level. 5 years back these cars (except Harrier) were crude next to Fortuner but this time around I think they may take the fight to even big T's camp. Safari, XUV500 and Scorpio are 6/7 seaters, now come with proper AT and fit, features and finesse and hence may swing at least some buyers towards them.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 21:33   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

I was invited as a Special Guest of Honour for the launch of the all-new Safari at our local Tata dealership, Jagdalpur Motors, at 4 PM in the afternoon today.

I joined our local Lok Sabha MP, Honorable Shri Deepak Baij, other local dignitaries and Chamber of Commerce members, in unveiling the Safari for the invited audience. A short cake-cutting ceremony was also conducted.

The owner, Neeraj Sharma, a good friend of mine, had insisted that I do a short presentation of the Safari for the invited. I prepared some notes from my knowledge of the Safari and our T-BHP threads and made a short (read - 3 pages in my iPhone's Notes section) to-the-point presentation in Hindi for the assembled audience.

A Royale Blue Safari was the center of attention, due to be delivered in a few days' time, subject to RTO clearance.

Some pics from the event - I am in the purple Peter England shirt.

Called up to the dias by the announcers.
2021 Tata Safari Review-19.jpeg

Unveiling the new-gen Safari with Deepak Baij ji on my right.
2021 Tata Safari Review-03.jpeg

Posing for the media people with our honourable MP.
2021 Tata Safari Review-06.jpeg

After the giant ribbon was taken off and twin confetti guns had fired.
2021 Tata Safari Review-11.jpeg

Presenting the Safari, it's legacy and the new-age features to the audience.
2021 Tata Safari Review-20.jpeg

Safari-themed cake cut by the MD of Jagdalpur Motors, Shri Ghanshyam Sharma, while his son Neeraj on his left (dealership owner and my good friend), me, and others proceed to clap.
2021 Tata Safari Review-15.jpeg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 24th February 2021 at 21:35. Reason: corrected.
RavenAvi is offline   (63) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 00:14   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Presenting the Safari, it's legacy and the new-age features to the audience.
[]
Could you please share your presentation notes here. Would be an interesting read
vigneshkumar31 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:07   #419
BHPian

To a car lover, the value of the car doesn’t lay within the number of horsepower or comfort or the driving dynamics only.Rather the value of the car increases for us when it makes us happy with it’s emotional value. And very aptly Tata has managed to pull those emotions with the renaming of this car & then subsequently the fitting advertisement to complement the same. Hats off to Tata motors.
And IMO, part from AWD, the only missing thing that would have made the package a complete one is that rear wheel mounted spare wheel like the 1st generation Safari.
H0RSEPOWER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 11:03   #420
BHPian

I am sold!
Loud and Clear: I Am Sold on that adventure edition!
Tata needs no more marketing to make me buy a Safari! And if that is the case with me, probably a case with at least 1 lakh other people considering 130 crore population!
Since the day new Safari was introduced, I always had this idea of changing front grill, alloy, and roof rail paint scheme, now they did it on their own.

Being an early 90's kid, the first SUV I fell in love with, was the Sumo and then it was the Safari. Heck, I am so bad at drawing that even in the mountains+river +sunrise drawing (basic for any student), I might score a D. Still, when I drew the Safari for the first time probably by 4years of age, my mom's friend quickly recognized and said "well, you drew a Safari it seems!"
Deep down we all know, it is not the same safari it used to be but, can you turn your mind away from that iconic music?
Dammn Tata marketing team, hit me hard!
Whenever I buy my first car, it will be a Safari!
Aish_4761 is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks