Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 14:55   #736
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I opted for the dealer Insurance which is from MagmaHDI. First experience with this insurance. The final offer was for 95k including engine protect and consumables but the dealer is giving 12k worth of accessories for free.

I am yet to collect the accessories. Took delivery last week and have been enjoying the car since then. Looks lovely in this grey shade.

2. The placing of the door handles inside the vehicle is not very ergonomic. The grab handle blocks the door handle if one holds the handle from the outside edge, and the fingers squeeze between them while pulling.

3. No button to lock/unlock all doors while sitting inside the vehicle.
Congratulations , happy motoring with your all new SAFARI.
Regarding the central locking, here is a mention on the same from the official review of Harrier :
Quote:
Smart-looking door handles. If the driver wants to open his door, he needs to just pull on the door handle (without using the unlock knob). There is no dedicated central locking / unlocking button. The lock / unlock knob on the door handle takes care of the central locking:
Also see how thoughtful are TeamBHP reviews !
Quote:
Very little clearance between the door handle & grab handle. You cannot wrap your fingers around the door handle and pull it to open the door. Some BHPians were concerned that your finger could get hurt here too. Well, after spending a cumulative 11 days with the Harrier in Mumbai & Rajasthan, we didn't face any such problem. In theory, the gap is less, yes. But it didn't affect the functionality in anyway:
Tata Harrier review (Tata Harrier : Official Review)

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 11th April 2021 at 14:57.
TorqueIndia is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 17:53   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
I was told by KHT motors that they have not been able to deliver the adventure edition for some customers who pre-booked as well, that is already more than 2 months wait for some of them...may not entirely be the case of favouritism between dealers. I was clearly told the wait is a minimum of 8 weeks, no definite date of delivery yet.

I am thinking about the Alcazar as well but my head and heart tells me the safari is going to be a much better option for the diesel motor, obviously Hyundai’s will come loaded with features and tech but the safari is definitely going to drive a lot better. If it’s cheaper by a few lakhs for the top end diesel, maybe I’ll give it a serious thought. The xuv is still some time away, a worthy contender for the safari no doubt!
I booked the adventure edition in Laxmi Motors in Chennai in first week of Mar and was informed 4-6 weeks wait time. Called the SM recently and was told vehicle isn't allotted but wasn't given any prediction for now.

Hope I get vehicle in hands by this month end.

Anyone else in Chennai geography to chime in on the wait times?
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 18:14   #738

Hi Ashish
1.Which accessories did you go for?
2.Could you manage additional discount apart from the insurance that you have mentioned and the free accessories
Old 11th April 2021, 20:21   #739
BHPian

Getting the delivery of my Blue XZA+ on 29th April. Doubly special, since it’s my dad’s birthday. Now each and every hour till that moment will be painstakingly long

Hoping to share the photos here soon.
CarGuy_DM is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 11:31   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
1.Which accessories did you go for?
2.Could you manage additional discount apart from the insurance that you have mentioned and the free accessories
  1. I went for Puddle lamps with T logo, Carpet mats, Safari chrome mascot on bonnet and Scuff plates. I might add front parking sensors but only 2 sensors does not seem very helpful.
  1. No additional discount apart from this as it is a new model.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 18:01   #741

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I booked Safari at Key Motors, Bangalore on Feb 12, the day the booking opened. On 23rd Feb when prices were revealed, I confirmed Adventure Persona AZ+. I was #3 on the list and I remain #3, as per SA. It means no car of this variant has been delivered so far. Is it possible for TML to favour bigger dealers first? Key motors is a new kid on the block. Should I have gone to others? What is frustrating is lack of one credible date.
I had booked the XZA+ Blue color edition on Feb 4, the day the bookings opened. I then changed it to XZ+ Adventure Edition after seeing it on Mar 1 at Kropex Motors, Bangalore. I got the delivery on March 31. I was told that I was #20 on the list. The sales experience overall was good.

I am not sure if the dealerships provide accurate information. I had visited Key Motors also when the adventure edition was released. They were amongst the first ones to get the Adventure edition in their showroom. So not being able to deliver for so long to someone in the list at #3 sounds unreasonable to me. Maybe you should confront the SA with this information. Changing the dealership may mean going back in the queue, which may increase the delivery time further.

I'll post a detailed ownership review soon. Just not getting the time to write it down.
bluestreaks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 20:50   #742
BANNED

Tata Motors delivers the New Safari 2021 to Jodhpur Royal Family's Rani Sahiba Mahendra Kumari!

Tata Motors delivered an all-new Safari to Rani Mahendra Kumari Ji, W/o Late Maharaj Hari Singh Ji of the Jodhpur Royal family. The Safari in its various avatars has been her companion since 2001, making the all-new Safari the fourth one owned by her!

2021 Tata Safari Review-rani-sahiba-jodpur-tata-safari.png

Quote:
Elated on receiving the all-new Safari, Rani Sahiba, said, “I am thrilled to have brought home the Tata Safari. The Safari has been my go-to vehicle for long road travels since two decades. It has accompanied me to the length and breadth of the country and has been my most comfortable and trustworthy ride to date. With its luxurious design and iconic legacy coupled with the comfort and premiumness provided by the vehicle, the Safari was an obvious choice for me. The Safari is indeed the perfect car. I am delighted that Tata Motors has brought back the Safari in such a modern avatar and am thankful to the Company for delivering this iconic SUV to me here in Jodhpur.”

Commenting on the delivery Mr. Susheel Bajpai Regional Manager, Rajasthan, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, at Tata Motors, said, “We are excited to deliver our flagship SUV – the Tata Safari to the Rani Sahiba of Jodhpur soon after its commercial launch. The royal family is a symbol of legacy and luxury; and what better than the all-new Safari, which in its new avatar offers the best in segment design and driving dynamics to its customers; making it their perfect companion for journeys. With its premium design, luxurious interiors along with state-of-the-art connectivity, and premium features, the Safari does not just blend in but makes an impression with its road presence. We are delighted by the customer response across the country and are thrilled by the love our new product is receiving. We are positive that the Safari will carry forward the legacy set by its predecessor as it continues to attract the modern-day customer.”

In Rajasthan, Tata Motors has registered a 67.6% growth YTD FY21 in overall PVs. Tata Motors has exhibited a stellar performance in the passenger vehicles market in India last year, by clocking in over 23,000 unit sales every month successively from October 2020. In FY21 the business registered its highest-ever annual sales in 8 years while posting a growth of 69% versus FY20.
wheelguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 07:11   #743
BHPian

Happened to take a quick test drive of the Tata Safari yesterday. I observed the following:
The car is well proportioned and substantially sized. Doesn't feel compact in any form. Much bigger and butch when compared to a seltos or a compass.

Ride comfort is quite good. There is no suspension noise. The steering is way too light, especially at higher speeds. However it's not uncomfortable and I could still feel where my wheels were.

The engine felt sluggish especially at low revs in normal mode. Power felt adequate in sports mode. Disclaimer: may be my opinion here comes from the power in my discovery sport and also due to the fact I had test driven the Nexon electric just before this.

The seats are too soft and too narrow. A larger base with a firm cushioning will help on longer drives.

Overall a great effort by Tata motors.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:20   #744
BHPian

Tata Safari Camo edition on display @ Mumbai International Airport

2021 Tata Safari Review-safari_camo.jpg

My wife sent me this pic from the airport, knowing it will get my attention more than anything else . I asked her if its Black knowing that color is not available yet and it was too dark to be grey. She said neither Black nor Grey but somewhat "Cow-dungish" .
400notout is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:36   #745
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400notout View Post

My wife sent me this pic from the airport, knowing it will get my attention more than anything else . I asked her if its Black knowing that color is not available yet and it was too dark to be grey. She said neither Black nor Grey but somewhat "Cow-dungish" .
That's Blue I think, look at the area on bumper below left headlight.
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 10:48   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
That's Blue I think, look at the area on bumper below left headlight.
I would side with my wife on this one . The Blue is very obvious im very sure it wouldn't be mistaken for "cow dung" . It looked black to me so I asked her. If any other bhpians are going to use the international airport pls have a look.
Old 13th April 2021, 11:40   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
I booked Safari at Key Motors, Bangalore on Feb 12, the day the booking opened. On 23rd Feb when prices were revealed, I confirmed Adventure Persona AZ+. I was #3 on the list and I remain #3, as per SA. It means no car of this variant has been delivered so far. Is it possible for TML to favour bigger dealers first? Key motors is a new kid on the block. Should I have gone to others? What is frustrating is lack of one credible date.
I had booked a XZA+ 7 seater (white) with Kropex motors, dairy circle on 15th Feb. I was given a time of about 6-8 weeks for delivery. Later I changed it to a 7 seater Adventure Persona XZA+ on Feb 22nd, with in couple of minutes of the launch - at around 11:40 AM

Kropex SA told me that I was the 1st one to book Adv. Persona with them and hence should get it in couple of weeks time. Infact, he had asked me to keep my funds ready as well for a possible delivery by 1st week of March. Weeks passed on since, but absolutely no pro-active communication from them. I was well prepared for this as I have read simillar experiences with others at TATA dealerships. Well, my experience with Kropex is for some other time.

After multiple follow-ups with them, I was told that there is a delay in the delivery of 7 seater Adv. Persona through out India, where as TATA is doing better (relatively) with the delivery of it's 6 seater versions.

As @bluestreaks pointed out, do not change the dealership now. It will only increase your waiting time.

Hope this helps.
@og_adi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:01   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
I had booked a XZA+ 7 seater (white) with Kropex motors, dairy circle on 15th Feb. I was given a time of about 6-8 weeks for delivery. Later I changed it to a 7 seater Adventure Persona XZA+ on Feb 22nd, with in couple of minutes of the launch - at around 11:40 AM
This makes sense. I booked in March first week and mine was Adv. Persona 7 seater version. No proactive communication from the dealer and still waiting for the news.

Last edited by Sheel : 13th April 2021 at 19:08. Reason: Please do not quote an entire post. It inconveniences our mobile phone readers. Thanks.
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 13:59   #749
BHPian

Quote:
I would side with my wife on this one . The Blue is very obvious im very sure it wouldn't be mistaken for "cow dung" . It looked black to me so I asked her. If any other bhpians are going to use the international airport pls have a look.
Boy! If they launch a dark edition of Safari in the next few weeks, I am sure going to curse myself for not waiting and having booked Adv persona.. Harrier dark is a stunner.

Do companies typically wait for an year or two before introducing new colors? (when sales begin to decline with the original variants) When did Tata release the dark Harrier?
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 17:30   #750
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2143861

If its not the "Royal Blue" color, then what could that be? Black(ish) color is not advertised anywhere either on the site or anywhere else. Even the one at the IPL matches / or the one shared earlier at the Pune expressway is also blue colored.

Hope its just the shadows playing the trick and making the color look darker. Else I am gonna kick myself for not waiting and booking white !!!
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks