Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2021, 12:16   #826
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
To existing owners and people who have had TD of the Safari.

I remember seeing one of the reviewers on Youtube mentioning that the Ambient lights go off, once you start driving. Isn't it weird? I have a Ford Ecosport S, and these stay ON, untill I turn them off from the ICE.

Can someone please confirm if that's the case with the Safari?
The ambient lighting in the car stays on for 30 seconds when a door is open. And the lights are only found to be placed in the door handles-
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20210428_125218.jpg  

Old 30th April 2021, 12:50   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
The ambient lighting in the car stays on for 30 seconds when a door is open. And the lights are only found to be placed in the door handles-
Thanks. So there's no configuration where one can keep them ON, while driving at night? Also, I was under misconception that it was provided in the front footwells too.
Old 30th April 2021, 13:12   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. So there's no configuration where one can keep them ON, while driving at night? Also, I was under misconception that it was provided in the front footwells too.
Information from the TATA SAFARI user manual :
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210430103938390_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg  

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 30th April 2021 at 13:13.
TorqueIndia is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 13:56   #829
BHPian

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the front footwell isn't illuminated by the ambient lights, or at least I am missing it. Found this tiny one placed in the front doors' bottle holders (not present in the rear doors' bottle holders) which didn't seem to be as bright as the ones in the door handles. And yes the lights don't work when the vehicle is being driven, they only light up when a door is open.
Cheers,
Aditya
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20210430_132808.jpg  

@og_adi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:16   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
I'm pretty sure the front footwell isn't illuminated by the ambient lights, or at least I am missing it. Found this tiny one placed in the front doors' bottle holders (not present in the rear doors' bottle holders) which didn't seem to be as bright as the ones in the door handles. And yes the lights don't work when the vehicle is being driven, they only light up when a door is open.
Cheers,
Aditya
I think they should work even when the vehicle is driven around provided the headlights are ON. This is what the manual states, as shared by TorqueIndia in above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Information from the TATA SAFARI user manual :
07CR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 14:42   #831
BHPian

Quote:
To existing owners and people who have had TD of the Safari.

I remember seeing one of the reviewers on Youtube mentioning that the Ambient lights go off, once you start driving. Isn't it weird? I have a Ford Ecosport S, and these stay ON, untill I turn them off from the ICE.

Can someone please confirm if that's the case with the Safari?
I own Safari XZA+ and can confirm that the ambient lights remain ON until I turn them off from ICE or I switch off the parking lights.
varman742 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 17:18   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
I own Safari XZA+ and can confirm that the ambient lights remain ON until I turn them off from ICE or I switch off the parking lights.
Really, for me they just goes off as I start driving. Let me try what setting is available in ICE and if we can keep them on.
Old 30th April 2021, 20:43   #833
BHPian

Finally welcomed the big boy to our family.

Extra special since it was delivered on my dad’s birthday.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-d1884e7095b34ba9bd4a5aa2f80fa4c7.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-2ecef0808c344603ab2d6e28b6e8a15c.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-701b0828e8034781896248992d9cc20b.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-05be57bec507424b8d688b8603191c5d.jpeg  

CarGuy_DM is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 30th April 2021, 22:27   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
Finally welcomed the big boy to our family.

Extra special since it was delivered on my dad’s birthday.
Many congratulations mate for owning this beauty, the color especially looks mesmerizing.

I see you are from Ahmedabad, we have an active whatsapp group of Teambhp GJ members (about 71 of them are part of the group) , DM me your contact details if you wish to join in.

Wish you many happy miles with the Safari.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 10:53   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boohooper View Post
Do let us know how the experience was. Looking forward to it.
Heya boohooper!
Unfortunately, though I had plans, with the continuing lockdown and flight restrictions, I had to postpone my plans to travel to India and so, it didn't really make sense to simply buy and keep a Safari now itself.
Hence, no Safari... but I too am looking forward to read some ownership threads of the new Safari here on Team-BHP.
Old 2nd May 2021, 09:06   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
I can confirm the same. The setting is available under vehicle settings in the ICE menu. I have enabled it but yet to drive at night to experience it.

Even the annoying voice alerts, the lady who says Sports drive mode, City drive mode, etc., can be switched off from the ICE menu. It is under vehicle settings.

For me, the most annoying niggle still remains the omission of central door locking/unlocking button. Even the key fob buttons don’t work.
The door doesn’t even open from outside when the car is in drive mode but stationary. When the parking brake is engaged, then the door opens from outside.
This feature is very much required for when you’ve stopped for a couple of seconds, for instance to drop someone or load some shopping bags.

Some other observations after almost a month of use:
1. Windshield washers not working.
2. Front left tyre losing air pressure gradually.

Waiting for the first service to solve these issues after lockdown.
ashish2135 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 11:16   #837
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
The door doesn’t even open from outside when the car is in drive mode but stationary.
I'm assuming that was designed keeping the occupant safety in mind. I wouldn't want the car jackers, angry motorists and the lions in a safari opening my door from the outside. I could be wrong though.
rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 12:46   #838

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
I'm assuming that was designed keeping the occupant safety in mind. I wouldn't want the car jackers, angry motorists and the lions in a safari opening my door from the outside. I could be wrong though.
That is usually a setting in most cars. In my Tucson, I can set to unlock the doors based on gear (going to park) or ignition state (engine turning off). I prefer the ignition state though. Seems safer!
absingh911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 13:41   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I can confirm the same. The setting is available under vehicle settings in the ICE menu. I have enabled it but yet to drive at night to experience it.

Even the annoying voice alerts, the lady who says Sports drive mode, City drive mode, etc., can be switched off from the ICE menu. It is under vehicle settings.

For me, the most annoying niggle still remains the omission of central door locking/unlocking button. Even the key fob buttons don’t work.
The door doesn’t even open from outside when the car is in drive mode but stationary. When the parking brake is engaged, then the door opens from outside.
This feature is very much required for when you’ve stopped for a couple of seconds, for instance to drop someone or load some shopping bags.

Some other observations after almost a month of use:
1. Windshield washers not working.
2. Front left tyre losing air pressure gradually.

Waiting for the first service to solve these issues after lockdown.
Yes I tried the ICE settings and see that there is an option for ambient light. Though the light will always be in Blue color as I could not find a way to change the color.

The door lock settings are for safety and I personally am fine with the way they are.

Then for me also the windshield washers dont work properly. The water is not thrown on the windscreen, rather there is almost nil throw. Would get it sorted in the first service.

Rest I am enjoying the driving!
Old 2nd May 2021, 16:42   #840
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

Anyone has an idea about the horn blowing for 6 to 7 times when key is not in the car but the engine is on?

Is there a way to switch that off?
Because the key is usually in the pocket and at times I do get down while the engine is on(eg: to open the gate)

The blowing horn has been putting me in embarrassing situations.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks