Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 12:17   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

An owner details the trouble in his ownership. Also alleges about Tata head honchos have suppressed a recall. Can any Safari owner from same area can confirm if the dealer he mentioned were infact discussing a recall possibility openly and then backtracked?
Has anyone else faced same issues?

https://safari2021dreamshattered.blo...-none.html?m=1
Nithesh_M is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 18:55   #1247
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
An owner details the trouble in his ownership. Also alleges about Tata head honchos have suppressed a recall. Can any Safari owner from same area can confirm if the dealer he mentioned were infact discussing a recall possibility openly and then backtracked?

A proper sob-story. Feel pity for the guy. He's been royally cheated, by the dealership and the company.
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 19:15   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
An owner details the trouble in his ownership. Also alleges about Tata head honchos have suppressed a recall.
Truly shocking. Tata should come out and issue a statement. Changing the car after the PDI is absurd. Has this individual scheduled a press conference? He mentioned he was going to do one and cancelled it at the last minute after receiving a promise of a new car. No reason not to do one now if he can generate some attention.
Goldenboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 19:38   #1249

Quote:

This is truly ridiculous from TATA.
I own a TATA car and I thank god that I did not face such issues. In fact, I can't imagine myself in this situation.
I really hope TATA will come to their senses and address this in the right way. Incidents like these will definitely not help in building a good brand reputation.

Is there a social media post for this? I feel like I should do my bit to share this as much as possible to make more people aware of this incident. At least, that may put more pressure on TATA to solve this for good.
Identity is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:37   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Nithesh. The real lesson in that story to me is this.

Once a vehicle is registered in your name - Joy or Sorrow - your problem.

In the absence of a proper lemon law - you have to swallow sorrow and work with the dealership(s) or the manufacturer to fix this , either warranty or pay out of pocket. It is that simple.

This is not a case of a badly done meal in a star restaurant where the staff will apologize to you profusely and give you a replacement and complimentary at that, this is a lot more complicated. I wish the fellow well.
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:38   #1251
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly no image or other data (snapshot/ email excerpts) or invoice/ paper documentation are shared in the blog. These could lend strength to his story & put Tata + dealer on backfoot.

But yes there are few big dealers in Punjab who are backed by political families. Guess people have lesser options in case of certain vehicles.
CARDEEP is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:58   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The owner lists his ordeal in a Facebook video which can be found here. It would have been nice if the writing was displayed in his blog.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/rushla...1229931809796/
Nithesh_M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 11:26   #1253

Quote:
An owner details the trouble in his ownership. Also alleges about Tata head honchos have suppressed a recall.
For Owner: This is absurd. I can feel the pain and anguish of the owner. He should now call a press conference or do something like MG owner did to grab attention.

For Tata: They had the opportunity to show their customer orientation by replacing the lemon produced in their plant. They also had the opportunity to reflect what manufacturing process has gone wrong. However, they missed it big time. It seems that Tata Motors Management is only concerned with the numbers. But mind you Tata even if you see the numbers today, it will fail within no time, if this is the kind of attitude you show to your customers.

For lawmakers: Instead of proposing musical horn tones, please make stricter law to protect customer rights in case an automaker sells a lemon to customer.

Regards,
A_KP
A_KP is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:59   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post

Has anyone else noticed this too?
Nothing to be worried about. Attaching truck tyres with similar change in color.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-screenshot_20210909_125801.jpg  

giri1.8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 08:30   #1255

Why Tata is letting this incident get out of control, and risk the reputation of their new Safari, beats me!
mangaloreman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 11:24   #1256

This is extremely sad to hear! I was kinda love struck by the Harrier when we were looking for an upgrade for our Vento last year. My dad was adamant that he won't pay 20 big ones for a Tata car no matter how good it is. I was even trying to convince him that Tata has changed and is not the same as in last decade. He didn't budge, saying he knows Tata cars don't age well and issues pop up every now and then. We ended up getting a Jeep Compass after that. Never had considered it before since it was way out of budget. Now in hindsight, I thank God we didn't get a Harrier. Would have been heartbroken if the car had started acting up. Are owners who have a Harrier with no issues God's favorite?
dr_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 14:33   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Stories of breakdowns, lemons etc surface so often and I’m surprised the seriousness isn’t seen by the dealerships, manufacturers. All this because of liberal laws guarding the customers. It won’t go anytime soon either. All of this would continue to be present until the laws governing the buyers strength or see a overhaul a bit.
Old 11th September 2021, 15:44   #1258

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Surprisingly no image or other data (snapshot/ email excerpts) or invoice/ paper documentation are shared in the blog. These could lend strength to his story & put Tata + dealer on backfoot.

But yes there are few big dealers in Punjab who are backed by political families. Guess people have lesser options in case of certain vehicles.
Yes surprising indeed that he has not shared any details of invoice, communication etc. Dada Motors is one of the most respected dealer in the country. Being from Punjab I can confirm with 100 percent confidence that they are not having political links. But still if details are true are disturbing indeed
4by4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 23:11   #1259
BHPian

This poor owner claims that Tata did not issue a recall because they felt it would hurt the company's image. I think Tata needs to take a page out of Mahindra's book by officially acknowledging the car's problem and replacing/recalling it. Admitting your mistake and providing a solution for it will be taken much better by the public rather than trying to sweep it under the rug. In fact, there is a post on this website by an owner who was very satisfied with the way the recall for his Thar was handled. Now look at all the negative attention Tata attracted to itself. Their image was hurt much worse this way
fakenews is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 01:04   #1260
BHPian

I myself have faced terrible treatment from a Tata dealer in Delhi. Made the booking and then noone at the dealer picked up phone calls. Was scared that they won't refund booking amount, which they did later. I wrote off Tata in my books after that, will definitely think 10 times before buying one.
nimblemaster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed