Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:00   #1321
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Well said, I would be in Trauma after all this.
Tata will never improve.
This is why people say TATA will be only good at Trucks because the management doesn't know how to treat the customers who pay 25 Lakhs for their products.
Their mindset is still the same and it will never change until the young generation replaces them.

The 2nd Part of the TATA SAFARI scam has been uploaded by the owner Gagan from Ludhiana.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 2nd October 2021 at 01:01. Reason: updated
rpmmachine is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 05:26   #1322

Quote:
The 2nd Part of the TATA SAFARI scam has been uploaded by the owner Gagan from Ludhiana.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Dw0Wi9dBUj0&t=4s

This is beyond disturbing and deserves a post in itself. Tata Motors needs to be held accountable for this unacceptable and shocking behavior. It's time for TeamBHP to show its presence once again and let Tata know that such practices won't be accepted. My dad bought a Safari for himself and now will always be careful to make sure that things don't go wrong because judging from these videos it proves that Tata is just selling cars and not providing service after that. Poor show from Tata and I will never ever recommend their cars to anyone from now on.
Lil Mozart is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:22   #1323
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Jude300;5162876]Tata has gone mad and greedy. While XUV700 is making news with the pricing, Tata has silently increased the price of the new XZ variants (with wireless Android auto and carplay, wireless charger and air purifier) by 12k. They have also shamelessly mentioned it in the price list.

If you look at the Auto market, all manufacturers including Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra and Toyota have increased prices . This has been due to an increase in the prices of inputs like Steel,microprocessors higher shipping costs etc. Why single out Tata Motors . Their products are selling well and they have taken a decision to increase prices and protect their margins.

It is a competitive market and all manufacturers are aware of the risk of losing market share when they increase prices. Just as they offer discounts when they have an inventory pile up, they increase prices/ reduce discounts when there is2-3 month long waiting period.
rajneeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 18:29   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmv View Post
The Hexa was a very sorted machine. Why didn't TATA used the suppliers of Hexa. From seats to plastics everything was found good quality.
Hexa had a fairly high import content. All the things you mentioned, they were imported from some of the best people in the world. The Hexa review has the full list of what all components were imported and from where. It is a hard fact, indianization = worse quality. Not because India can’t produce good quality, but mainly because all companies are willing to compromise for costs. Even something like the Mercedes S Class, the India assembled CKD is never as well built as the fully built imported launch edition.

Quote:
Altroz, Nexon, Harrier and Safari have the smallest sized infotainment screen with the competition. The Management need a serious review with TML and must do the changes at the earliest.

Screens may not be the biggest but the sound quality is about the best there is. Only the Hector, and now perhaps the XUV700 have better sounding systems. Even in the budget segments, the fancy Bose branded Hyundai’s aren’t as good as the Nexon for anything other than bass heavy Honey Singh/Badshah type noise.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:00   #1325
BHPian

A friend has bought the new Safari XZ+ Adventure Persona. He constantly complains about a beep that the car sounds randomly while driving. There is no notification in the MID or the Infotainment display and we have tried to narrow it down during different driving scenarios, but in vain. Does anyone know what it could be? It is a single loud beep that the car just sounds out of seemingly nowhere.
jubingoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:47   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubingoel View Post
A friend has bought the new Safari XZ+ Adventure Persona. He constantly complains about a beep that the car sounds randomly while driving. There is no notification in the MID or the Infotainment display and we have tried to narrow it down during different driving scenarios, but in vain. Does anyone know what it could be? It is a single loud beep that the car just sounds out of seemingly nowhere.

Kindly check\confirm if it comes exactly at same speed 80km\hr or 100 or 60 like that specifically.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 2nd October 2021 at 23:48. Reason: correction
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:32   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Kindly check\confirm if it comes exactly at same speed 80km\hr or 100 or 60 like that specifically.
No, that was the obvious derivation for us to in the beginning, but this is something else.
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:11   #1328

Quote:
Please check if the mobile phone is connected through bluetooth. Then it's probably some notification in your phone which is causing this. I had similar observations on mine as well. The notification doesn't get displayed but beeps once.
Old 4th October 2021, 12:01   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
At what speeds does this beep occur ? I also have a manual Adventure Persona variant, I get a beep every time I shift from 1st to 2nd gear prematurely. This does give a pop up on the MID though, you mentioned there isn't a pop up on the MID.
I find this really irritating sometimes as I don't like to red-line in 1st gear before I shift to 2nd, especially when the engine is cold or in slow moving traffic. The pop up says to drive in 1st gear below speeds of 10Kmph. It sometimes comes up even though I change to 2nd around 20Kmph.
I've kind of adjusted my driving style to revv a little more in 1st so the beep doesn't come. Any other manual owners facing this ? How are you guys dealing with it ?
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 00:46   #1330
BHPian

sharing one useful link from youtube wherein user has highligted some hidden features of Safari and i was not aware of these features to be honest. can anybody confirm if they goy tyre mobiity kit along with safari.
Abhi1990 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:47   #1331
BHPian

I just gave my Safari XZA+ for the second free servicing today.
DEF level was topped off. There was a slight creaking noise coming from both the door side AC vents that had started after my recent highway trip with some bad patches. The SA said that they will look into the creaking noise if it gets more prominent as he had no solution for the noise which was probably a result of the plastic fiber material.

The car was pulling towards left, this issue has been reported by other Harrier users too like @greyhound82. The SA confirmed that this problem is present in most of the Harriers and Safaris and they get this issue reported by most users. Even after the wheel balancing done during the service, the problem was still present.

Any other Safari owners facing this issue of the car pulling towards the left?
ashish2135 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 16:50   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
Any other Safari owners facing this issue of the car pulling towards the left?
Yep, had a very noticeable left pull on all speeds. During the first service the SC got rid of it with alignment and balancing but i'm never 100% confident now as sometimes it feels like the pull is back but at other times its perfectly flawless. Have driven quite a bit after the 1st service and all seems ok atm
Old 6th October 2021, 17:43   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
That was a great observation. Tata, if you are listening, a flap cover can help here. Cables from vertical ports might affect the leg room.
Yes, a flap can help. Vertical ports will be above the armrest on the sides so how would that affect the Leg room?

That USB Flap Cover is something Tata Could offer free to to all Safari buyers.
Old 6th October 2021, 17:51   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
Yep, had a very noticeable left pull on all speeds. During the first service the SC got rid of it with alignment and balancing but i'm never 100% confident now as sometimes it feels like the pull is back but at other times its perfectly flawless. Have driven quite a bit after the 1st service and all seems ok atm
Please get this checked outside with an alignment shop, it will eat your tires otherwise. You need to ask the technician to test drive the vehicle and adjust it before handing it over to you.
Old 6th October 2021, 20:12   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
I just gave my Safari XZA+ for the second free servicing today.
DEF level was topped off. There was a slight creaking noise coming from both the door side AC vents that had started after my recent highway trip with some bad patches. The SA said that they will look into the creaking noise if it gets more prominent as he had no solution for the noise which was probably a result of the plastic fiber material.
I also have small noise coming from right side, but don't know the source of it. It's irritating but I am not sure if TAS will be able to solve the issue. Please let me know if your issue gets resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks