Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2021, 15:43   #196
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
There goes my French dreams down the drain

The variants are overpriced by atleast 4-5L
Well said. I feel it's overpriced by at least 10L. I have seen the car in Singapore and it's actually should be a Creta/Safari segment if you consider the size of the car and ignore the engine. Though this is marginally bigger than Creta, the rear seats are a big let down.

If compared apple to apple, Hyundai Tucson is a clear winner. 2 litre 185ps Diesel Engine, mated to a superb 8 speed automatic gearbox. And, you don't have to worry about spotty service locations. AWD Tucson is around 34L OTR in Bangalore.
vivekshukla is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:48   #197
Senior - BHPian

Toyota and Ford management after seeing this joke will see a valid reason to bump up price of Fortuner/Endeavour base variants. Citroen employees in India should be worried after this decision!
PrideRed is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:53   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad pricing and will be a sales flop. Citroen should have thought aggressively and tried to price at least 5 lacs lesser. Citroen does not have a pulse of the Indian market at all. With such a minimal sales and service presence , expecting to sell this car at this price is wishful thinking! Now maybe people will start seeing Jeep Compass as better value for money!
People willing to spend this kind of money will easily go for a Fortuner or a Superb instead.

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th April 2021 at 15:56.
Behemoth is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 15:58   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Citroen C5 Aircross launched at ₹29.90 Lakh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Citroen C5 Aircross Launched at 29.9
One word - OVERPRICED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
The Citroën C5 AirCross has been launched at an introductory ex-showroom price of ₹29,90,000.
The pricing by Citroen makes the Jeep Compass look like a bargain deal. What a waste of their resources with all the buildup and waiting just to announce a ridiculous price. If they had priced it on par with the Compass they might have had some footfall in the showroom at least.

They have a good sense of humour though calling it “Special Introductory Price”.

Last edited by Shanksta : 7th April 2021 at 15:59.
Shanksta is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:01   #200
BHPian

All of a sudden Compass is looking as a real good value for money. (Which itself is overpriced). Not sure what kind of market study Citroen had done for this launch. This is yet another dead "before" arrival. People will not check this car in the showroom for this price tag.
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:13   #201
BHPian

At these (ridiculous) introductory prices for an unknown brand/after sales, this product however capable is Dead on Arrival. I am glad I bought the TATA Safari, it so looks VFM if I overlook the niggles.
AirWind is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:13   #202
MCR
BHPian

Over optimistic Pricing! It neither has the appeal of the Ford Endeavor nor the "muscle" of the Toyota Fortuner. Heck it does not even have a feature list to challenge the MG Gloster. And mind you, all of the above are 7 seater SUVs! Will be history in no time. Sad waste of resources.
MCR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:14   #203
BHPian

Lame pricing This is making even the over priced fortuner look vfm. Citroen management wants to charge us a bomb just for marginally better ride quality and suspension.
RD150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:19   #204
BANNED

DOA. KIA Carnival Premium is a better option any given day.
Torquedo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:20   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

So many brands have dug their own grave in India by insisting on playing the premium game. Citroen is the newest entrant to the list.

They had the product. They could have chosen to learn from MG or Kia on how to launch a brand. They have chosen to emulate Renault with its Fluence. Good luck.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:21   #206

This price has helped me take a final call. Will ask for a refund of my booking amount. They will probably have 3-5 Lakh discounts offered on the car in about 6-12 months.
ski023 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:27   #207
BHPian

We couldn’t have expected much better pricing, it was always going to be tricky for this car. Citroen could have priced it aggressively. Although the brand hasn’t been that savvy since they announced the car. First they let the car move out of the collective imagination of everyone. Then they price it almost into oblivion. Citroen will have a very tough time selling this.

And then you consider these are introductory prices. Citroen may not be able to increase the prices of this car as much as they think.
CarGuy_DM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:28   #208
Senior - BHPian

This is what the sales person informed me when I took a test drive a month ago.
At this price, Compass is more VFM compared the Aircross.

Good car let down by unrealistic pricing.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:36   #209
BHPian

The C5 will see very few takers if at all any.

Unknown brand coupled with a thin dealership network will make many scoff at a product priced so ambitiously.

Citroen India wants to compete with guys like VW and Skoda in India as it does with them abroad however what they don't realise is that both those brands have tremendous recall in our market and are taken as sub-premium or even premium for some. Not that Citroen is far off from these two in terms of quality just that for a new brand no one knows that. They could build an image for themselves but their touch points are so few! They screwed up that royally.

I am sure their "market research" would have led them to believe that VW and Skoda are their competitors but that's not how it works in India. Their real competition is Hyundai, Kia, Tata, Mahindra and Jeep.
veedub89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 16:40   #210
BHPian

The pricing is a joke. At this price range, the cars are mostly chauffeur driven and the space on offer in the back isn't great. End of the day size matters in India and at this price people will compare the Aircross against the mighty Innova, Fortuner, Endeavour, and whatnot.

Welcome to India Citreon and Bye Bye!
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks