Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2022, 12:00   #481
rbp
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Nope. They are LED reflectors. There are no projectors inside the headlight assembly.

Attachment 2305484
How good is the LED light output? I was disappointed with the Compass LED output.
I have tested the C5 twice and have been impressed with the car except the ridiculous back seat.

Interestingly the C5 brochure lists LED Projectors. now I am wondering if they did cost cutting, this can only be confirmed by the initial buyers of the C5.

This is a snapshot of the brochure.
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-c5-projectors.png

Last edited by rbp : 8th May 2022 at 12:15.
Old 10th June 2022, 15:31   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 UK facelift:

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/citroe...ss-2022-review
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross2.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross3.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross4.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross10.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross11.jpg  

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-2022-citroen-c5-aircross8.jpg  

itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 15:44   #483
BHPian

Any idea if and when they might get the facelift to India?
Old 11th June 2022, 15:56   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
2022 UK facelift:
Surprisingly they have shown an LHD vehicle for a UK facelift
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 16:18   #485
Team-BHP Support

I had a chance to sit in the C5 aircross here at the front and back. Unfortunately couldn't drive one but here's my impressions as a passenger.

The front seats are supremely comfortable and have a good adjustment range. Passenger seat has height adjust albeit all controls are manual. At this price the passenger seat should be electric as the Compass and Kodiaq both have it.

The disappointment is the rear seat. The seats are tad higher but they lack under thigh support severely. The angle is more upright and the lumbar is excessive. Thanks to 3 individual seats you end up sitting closer to the window then you want if there's only 2 or 1 person at the back. The seats are too narrow and you cant spread out. There should have been an optional regular seat and the one with the 3 based on need of buyer. The 3 individual seats is impractical and is a complete deal breaker.

The plastics on the doors are all hard which was a shock and overall plastics don't feel anywhere close to my Kodiaq event though it is priced on par as the Kodiaq. The C pillar plastic over my head was terribly finished and the overall feel was nowhere as premium as the Kodiaq. After the C5 I sat in a Compass Model S at the back and found that the seats were more comfortable and felt better than the Citroen. But the Compass NVH and ride was nowhere as good.

The highlight of the car however was the ride comfort. It was like riding on clouds. I was just imagining how simply awesome the Kodiaq would have been with this kind of ride comfort. You simply don't feel any of the sharpness of any bumps and it just like soaks everything up like memory foam.

The other highlight was the NVH. the diesel drone in the cabin was non existent and much better than my Kodiaq's NVH inside the cabin.

Have to drive it to see how it is but overall they have 2 deal breakers the price for the quality on offer and the rear seat usability.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th June 2022 at 18:29.
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:53   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Any idea if and when they might get the facelift to India?
Not sure if its just me, but I like the current version of the C5 better than the facelift version. Both inside and out.
Frusciante is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 19:32   #487
BHPian

The updated Citroen C5 expected to be launched in India around September. Would make it very exciting in the 5 seater SUV space.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ne-2022-424828
Source- Autocar India.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th June 2022 at 06:59. Reason: typo
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 18:26   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
The updated Citroen C5 expected to be launched in India around September. Would make it very exciting in the 5 seater SUV space.

Source- Autocar India.
The video news, jump to 7m43sec. Looks sleek and sharp

Last edited by streetfighter : 20th June 2022 at 18:33. Reason: Typo
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 15:59   #489
BHPian

Dear Citroen Monsieuer/Madamouiselle,
Thank you for deciding to grace us with the newest Citroen model. Very grateful you got rid of the safari suit colour for the car seat. However, this time round please, for the love of le Creatuer, remember to put the gear lever, the parking brake, engine start stop on the right side (droit) towards le driver and the cubby hole on the left (gauche). Why punish us for what our mutually common enemy the English are responsible for? At the least however, do flip this piece so the pointu end points towards the passenger.
Sincerely,
An Indien.
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-frenchie.jpg  

Last edited by Iyencar : 27th June 2022 at 16:03.
Iyencar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 14:10   #490
BHPian

The new Tuscon, going by the previews seems to bring a healthy fight to this segment. Though I personally prefer the C5's exteriors (Tuscon looks too busy with folds and creases), Hyundai has certainly knocked it out of the park with the interiors and features. If the top end of the Tuscon is priced <40L, the C5 does have some stiff competition.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 14:29   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
The new Tuscon, going by the previews seems to bring a healthy fight to this segment. Though I personally prefer the C5's exteriors (Tuscon looks too busy with folds and creases), Hyundai has certainly knocked it out of the park with the interiors and features. If the top end of the Tuscon is priced <40L, the C5 does have some stiff competition.
In the UK, the Citroen has lost the race to Hyundai Tuscon and Kia Sportage. Both Hyundai and Kia look sharp and futuristic with very rich-looking and feature-loaded cabins. I expect the same in India once both of them arrive.
Old 19th July 2022, 17:58   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
In the UK, the Citroen has lost the race to Hyundai Tuscon and Kia Sportage. Both Hyundai and Kia look sharp and futuristic with very rich-looking and feature-loaded cabins. I expect the same in India once both of them arrive.
Agreed. And not that the C5 was selling like hotcakes here to begin with. It does have some USPs in terms of ride quality and fit and finish though. Not sure how it'll measure up to the Hyundai's and Kia's. Are they priced in a similar range in the UK? I expect the Tuscon to be competitively priced 2,3 lakhs lower than the C5 in India.
Old 19th July 2022, 18:40   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frusciante View Post
Are they priced in a similar range in the UK? I expect the Tuscon to be competitively priced 2,3 lakhs lower than the C5 in India.
Yes, more or less in the same segment and price bracket. It is unable to compete with Hyundai and Kia here. I doubt it stands any chance in India as well. Hyundai and Kia are well-established players in India and the C5 lacks any USP when compared to the new Tuscon and Sportage.
Old 20th July 2022, 20:29   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yes, more or less in the same segment and price bracket. It is unable to compete with Hyundai and Kia here. I doubt it stands any chance in India as well. Hyundai and Kia are well-established players in India and the C5 lacks any USP when compared to the new Tuscon and Sportage.
I do think in its current form the C5 is a better car than the current gen Tuscon. I TD both and C5 stood out with its drive quality and form and finish. Though the new Tuscon does up the game, will need to wait to see if the gizmo's really outsell a car that looks and feels better (subjective I know). In my opinion, features like ADAS are not very useful for Indian road and driving conditions given our lane disciple etc. A lot will boil down to the pricing.
Frusciante is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 22:10   #495
BHPian

Its surprising to note that many people say ADAS is not suited for Indian conditions. I remember many saying the same for cruise control, yet its been one of the biggest additions in recent times in the indian mass-market auto story. It makes long distance highway driving very comfortable.

ADAS, cruise control etc come in handy when you do long distances in good divided 2/3 lane highways. Agreed, there will always be lazy truckers and idiot drivers and packed highways closer to the city that will make these pointless. But when one does a good 600 odd kilometers, they do come in quiet handy for the better part of the drive. For my recent Bangalore-Goa trip, the car was in cruise control for 90% of the drive. And I can assure you ADAS FCW would have definetly been a boon in that drive.

Last edited by SR-71 : 20th July 2022 at 22:12.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks