Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 10:48   #31
BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

As always a very well written detailed review. Thanks!

I find the overall design quirky and the front reminds me of Robocop. I think the Jeep Compass and Tata Harrier are the cars to beat in this class as far looks are concerned. But then, the Indian public might like this over-designed car than the bland Tiguan. Now, this segment (just considering size) have cars priced from 14 lakh to 30 Lakh, which should give them enough room for pricing.

It will be interesting to see how they position this. Jeep took the premium road, which worked well in short term but facing challenges later on. The Tuscon simply arrived dead, perhaps due to pricing. The only one doing well is Harrier, which not surprisingly is the cheapest offering out there.

Interestingly, this doesn't look that much shorter than the Safari in that picture from GTO.
prakash_ajp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:50   #32
BHPian

Slightly Off topic - I find it very weird trend that 5 seater are having tremendous boot space whereas 7 seaters are having hardly any boot space. Are the manufacturers under the impression that 5 people will carry more luggage than 7 people.

Secondly, the spare wheel size in Citroen is alloy and full size. This is very good and should be the norm. Why other manufacturers provide steel wheel (when other wheels in the car are alloys) and once inch short in size. This makes me wonder that what the guys in the product team think when coming out with whimsical ideas. The reasons of space saving / cost control or rather optimisation (by reducing the size by one inch) are best ignored. And some cars come without spare tyre. Isn't this a joke (taken for a ride without spare wheel) on the customer in India!!!
Slowjet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:51   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
G
But, it does miss out on features that are there in the segment but are not deal breakers such as:

1. No electric tail gate
This is present in the Shine variant. We had the lower-spec Feel variant on test.

This is one car that has made me go "WOW". It excels in many departments. The more I drove it, the more I appreciated the sheer depth of engineering. Yes, like all cars, it has some faults, but most of them are not deal breakers. There are only two factors that can kill this car - 1. the price, which has already been discussed here and 2. the sales and service network. Citroen really needs to be very fast in addressing the second one. Before they launch the car next month, they need to establish their network with well trained personnel. You can't have just any guy out there selling or servicing a premium car.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th February 2021 at 11:00.
Aditya is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:53   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
How would you compare it with Kodiaq or Tiguan?
Kodiaq is way superior. There is no contest, any day the Kodiaq over the Citroen.

I won't even consider the Tiguan though because of its stiff ride. Ride comfort is very important to me and I'd buy the C5 Aircross over the VW.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:04   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny29584 View Post
Great Review as always. Tough task ahead for Citroen especially with Kushaq & Taigun coming up, they need to get the pricing right in the middle of Seltos to Compass in order to sell.

Also, the width of 2099mm (Endy 1869, Fortuner 1855) is very large and can be an issue. (most of the stack parking (city like Mumbai) permits a max-width of 2000mm)
The width of 2099mm includes the ORVMs.
The figures for the Endy, Fortuner do not include ORVMs.
abhishek46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:21   #36
BHPian

Does anybody else feel a little let down after reading the review? I feel like I might have expected a little too much. GTO's post in the other thread asking us to "wait for it" had got me really stoked. This brutally honest review has fizzled a lot of that initial excitement. For starters, seeing all those photos in the review made me realize how weird the car looks sometimes - in regards to both it's interiors as well as it's exterior. Those fake vents look horrible. I wish I could pluck them right off. Perhaps a test drive could change my mind.

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-citron_c5_aircross_2019_1.jpg
lonetraveller89 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Finally to know everything

The seats look lacking contours and body holding abilities. Also, the covers are little loose and doesnt give good impression. As already said, its the price that will make or break this car. Although the ride quality is distinctive, nothing else might mean much in this segment to differentiate. Hope they price this appropriately and give good choice to consumers.

I believe the vents are going with Air nomenclature like the Nike Airs. Vents for compression and ride !

Last edited by srishiva : 15th February 2021 at 11:37.
Old 15th February 2021, 11:46   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Acceleration / Braking / FE numbers

Autocar India

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-screenshot_20210215114110__01.jpg

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-419927

Overdrive India

Citroen C5 Aircross Review-screenshot_20210215114204__01.jpg

https://www.overdrive.in/reviews/ind...d-test-review/

It's the fastest in this segment . 100-0 braking is also damn good!!

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 15th February 2021 at 11:52.
Dr.Naren is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 11:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
  • The car has too many misses. So many basic features missing in this car! Most Indian mass market buyers will buy the Sonet even compared to the Citreon! Feature to feature, the Sonet beats Citreon hands down.
I feel this is highly incorrect. If you go literally, your statement would be more apt for Harrier vs Sonet. C5 gets many features absent in the Sonet.
  • Electric Parking Brake
  • Electric Rear Tailgate
  • Pano Sunroof
  • Puddle lamps
  • Electric Driver seat
  • Auto Parking (Parallel Parks)
  • Blind Spot Monitoring
  • Auto Wipers
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Rear Discs
  • Tilt and Telescopic Steering Adjust
  • Rear Fog lamps
  • Dual Zone AC

And a whole lot more! It will take me about 15-20 minutes if I were to analyze what more the Citroen has to offer. Needless to say the ride/Handling/NVH/Space/Interior Quality and the performance from the motor would be 3-4 levels above what Sonet offers.

What Citroen misses out on compared to Sonet-
  • Connected Car tech
  • Ventilated seats
  • Wireless charger

I guess that's it.
07CR is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:03   #40
BHPian

We’ve owned two Citroens when we were in Kuwait - a 2002 Citroen Xsara and a 2004 Citroen C5. The 2004 C5 was easily one of the most comfortable cars I’ve ever been in (full-size luxury cars included). Travelling in the C5 was like moving around in a cloud of pillow. However, reliability was a problem was us especially with the Xsara which kept breaking down randomly. However, I’ve heard that French cars have gotten better with their reliability over time, so let’s hope for the best. India are known to adopt new European brands since Skoda was basically unknown before it became name in India and is now more popular then VW itself, so hope that Citroen succeeds.
dragracer567 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:22   #41
BHPian

I think the suggested pricing of approx 24lakhs is too high for this car. For reference same car with more features and better quality as per EU regulations is sold in UK at around 20k GBP with discounts. It is a built to cost car in France too so Im surprised that reviews are taking PSAs claims of premium positioning seriously. A pricing of somewhere around15lakhs ex showroom however would make it a serious contender against Creta/seltos pair.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:27   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Citroen has announced that pre-launch bookings for the C5 Aircross will commence on March 1

It’ll be offered in two trims : Feel and Shine. Four colour options will be available, which are Pearl White, Cumulus Grey, Tijuca Blue, and Perla Nera Black. The first three will also come as part of a dual-tone shade.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...1oQYyhvljoN-qI
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:32   #43
BHPian

Thanks for the review. Was really looking forward to this & potentially consider for purchase.

Very happy to read about the refined engine & how smooth it is. I don't think this is lacking any major instruments except wireless charger [highly correlated to a buyer in this segment]. Ventilated seats should have been there too ideally.

What I find most disappointing is back seat space. I would have loved if the space was comfortable for 5 pax, but seems like middle passenger will have a tough time. I think the boot space is a lot and they could have done with slightly lesser & increased rear-seat space.

Would definitely go for a TD once it starts.
slayer23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 13:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveller89 View Post
Does anybody else feel a little let down after reading the review? I feel like I might have expected a little too much. GTO's post in the other thread asking us to "wait for it" had got me really stoked. This brutally honest review has fizzled a lot of that initial excitement. For starters, seeing all those photos in the review made me realize how weird the car looks sometimes - in regards to both it's interiors as well as it's exterior. Those fake vents look horrible. I wish I could pluck them right off. Perhaps a test drive could change my mind.
I am feeling the exact opposite after reading the review - The exterior, the interior, the boot space are all good, and the drive impressions make this one a very desirable car for me. The exterior certainly stands out from the crowd and the interior design is a breath of fresh air. I was skeptical about the digital consol, but that too looks good.

I dearly hope they will come up with a killer pricing too and I would love to park this in my garage one day.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 13:34   #45
BHPian

Great review as always

Good to see fresh products and new manufacturers enter India, Wishing Citroen all the best.

I do miss the 'Other points' section in the reviews. Is it removed from latest reviews ?
Asish_VK is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks