Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 14:06   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
city: 9.45kmpl
highway: 12.10kmpl
overall: 10.11kmpl
Is that fuel efficiency recorded by Overdrive a norm for such vehicles. It looked below par to me considering its not AWD or 4x4. Or may be I expect too much from diesel engines?

Quote:
Keeping all of these points in mind and the fact that it is a truly premium car, we have our finger's crossed for a VFM price.
around 28L OTR?

Last edited by amol4184 : 15th February 2021 at 14:10.
Old 15th February 2021, 14:08   #47
BHPian

Fantastic detailed review which beats all video reviews hands down

The C5 Aircross has its strength in design and comfort, what waits to be seen is how Citroen prices its product. After going through the reviews, it seems that (prices aside) anyone in the market looking at this premium segment, if the need is manual transmission, go for the Jeep Compass; if the need is automatic, go for the Aircross. Am I reading this correctly?
streetfighter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:12   #48
BHPian

Very nice and detailed review.

The C5 Aircross is a promisingly very competitive and reasonable package provided that Citroen prices it competitively making it relevant to the target market.

The absence of a petrol mill is indeed surprising. If I were in the market looking for my next car, then the only other reasons for rejection would be that wierd glove box, half fabric leather seats and absence of mechanical meters .
King_pin09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:39   #49
BHPian

Any manufacturer that provides Michelins as stock tyres gets my respect. Good Job Citroen! The top end should not cross 25 lakhs ex showroom for this to succeed.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:39   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrys987 View Post
Excellent review to start the day. As has been mentioned multiple times, pricing is key.

To me, 24.99L for base, 26.49L for top variant seem the bull's eye for Citroen. Will help them sell some numbers and establish the brand here. They need to undercut Compass to convert the ever confused Compass buyer's like me who are not willing to spend the unwarranted premium that Jeep is demanding
If this is OTR price, they might still have some chance but if this is ex-showroom price, they won't succeed. Case in point Hyundai Tucson. It has many good things going for it but problem is that such pricing is not very far from India's favorite Big bad ass SUVs Fortuner, which any day has much bigger road presence and interior space.
abhijet.sen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 14:57   #51
BHPian

Excellent review Aditya and GTO.

In the seas of SUV’s available in the market there is none good all rounder. There are good products but none without their own dilemma. I think C5 ticks all the right boxes though it misses out on some but none will be significant in the buying decision process. I prefer better NVH levels then wireless charging and 360 degree cam.

Citroen just price it under 30 lac OTR and i will have this car in my stable this summer.

Last edited by sachin2612 : 15th February 2021 at 15:12. Reason: Typo
sachin2612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 15:07   #52
BHPian

Does the C5 Aircross require DEF?
They have Blue in the engine name, so I assume it does, but did not see any DEF indicator on the instrument panel!
Old 15th February 2021, 15:36   #53
BHPian

I kinda feel that Citroen will not price the car aggressively, rather a bit pricey in a move to establish itself as a "Luxury Brand" than a "Mass market" brand. This strategy has its advantages.
  1. Low volume but higher margin
  2. Start with a luxury image and then slowly introduce mass market models.
  3. If they sell more volumes, it creates unnecessary pressure on their small ecosystem of service network and might tarnish the brand image. Smaller volumes are manageable and they can concentrate better on their customers.

Considering this, its better for the brand to fight the biggies (Kodiaq, Fortuner & Endeavour) than high sellers (Seltos & Creta). Kia and Hyundai have each other to support and it does not make any business sense to take the fight to their territory. Best way is to price it little less than the biggies and try to take that share of the market.

Barring the city folks, for the rest of India, owning a car is still a luxury. Indian consumer always feel uplifted when he/she owns a luxury brand and Citroen would want to do just that here.
rajeshkmoorthy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

7. No wireless charging
It is a sin to miss out on this feature. It is THE most useful feature any car can offer in the present times.
Old 15th February 2021, 16:24   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
It is a sin to miss out on this feature. It is THE most useful feature any car can offer in the present times.
Really? I personally don't mind it cause wireless charging is so slow that unless you spend a lot of time inside the car you barely get a top up.

A 2A wired charger for a 30mins commute can top up the phone and is much more useful.

These are a bigger miss for me:

Quote:
2. No passenger electric seats
3. No 360 camera
4. No rear sunblinds
5. No premium audio with subwoofer
6. No ventilated seats
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:37   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotic View Post
Does the C5 Aircross require DEF?
They have Blue in the engine name, so I assume it does, but did not see any DEF indicator on the instrument panel!
Yes it does. The filler is under the fuel flap, next to the diesel filler. There is no DEF indicator on the instrument cluster.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:47   #57
BHPian

What impressed me most was how Citroën has come all guns blazing with its marketing. Where all I saw them today:
  • Team-BHP ofcourse
  • Carwale home page
  • Cardekho home page
  • TOI full page spread
  • Autocar India youtube
  • Overdrive youtube
  • evo India youtube
  • Motoroctane youtube
  • Faisal khan youtube
  • Gagan Choudhary youtube
  • Powerdrift youtube
  • ICN studio youtube
  • Zigwheels youtube
  • Ashish Masih youtube
  • Cardekho youtube
  • Car and bike youtube
  • and many many more. got tired of typing now
Meanwhile, it's biggest competitor — Jeep Compass — also had a major facelift recently but as of now, only a few outlets have covered it
  • Autocar India youtube
  • Motoroctane youtube
  • Overdrive youtube
  • TopGear youtube
Basically, just the traditional biggies who would have connections to the top brass. Rest of the youtube videos are mainly newbies who go to a dealer and film the car. Haven't even seen any print ad by them.

Talk about lackadaisical.
batladanny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

When you spend close to 30L would you be comfortable on testing the waters with a French company that most probably may not to be around in say a decade or would you spend it on the Fortuner; SUV's are about butch looks and not the cuteness coefficient. For all the 3 seat config of the rear bench the individual seat themselves are narrow. In the long run the rear seat would not be as comfortable as it's made out to be. I'd prefer a 'regular' rear bench with two big seats and a middle that's a compromise.
Durango Dude is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 17:44   #59
BHPian

Lucky to spot one in flesh on launch day itself! Must say that it looks quite handsome!
Attached Thumbnails
Citroen C5 Aircross Review-img_20210215_173648__01.jpg  

Geo_Ipe is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 18:10   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Lucky to spot one in flesh on launch day itself! Must say that it looks quite handsome!
It looks great. If you merge the split front headlights and DRL arrangement, you can see a good looking Duster there. The magic carpet ride being advertised seems to be true as per the reviews. Could be a good alternative to Tucson.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks