Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2021, 00:31   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

I think BMW tried to copy Mercedes by introducing long wheelbase version in the Indian market but they have failed this time. First of all, they replaced LWB with 3GT which was very successful car: usable boot space, decent legroom, panoramic sunroof, and those Hall of Fame Frameless doors and I would prefer 5 series over a 3 series long wheelbase if price difference is very less. If someone wants more legroom then why buy 3 series with no sunblinds, low boot space if you can get better equipped Skoda Superb at lower price(unless you want to go for a premium badging).
Old 31st May 2021, 13:11   #32
BHPian

Have the folks at BMW withdrawn the M Sport edition of the 3 Series Gran Limo?
Old 31st May 2021, 19:33   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Have the folks at BMW withdrawn the M Sport edition of the 3 Series Gran Limo?
Unlikely, but anything can happen with these CKD / SKD vehicles as a sudden disruption in the logistics chain can mess things up big time. Having said that, it's missing from the configurator but present in the spec sheet & price list.
Old 2nd June 2021, 11:14   #34
BHPian

You’re absolutely right. They haven’t withdrawn the m sport variant. Should be relaunching with a few features taken out. Most likely the Heads up display apparently. Bummer that!
Old 26th June 2021, 21:47   #35
BHPian

While going through the BMW Stock Locator today, found something interesting!
I guess this is the new name for the 330Li M Sport First Edition. Not sure about the addition/deletion of features.

First smartphones and now in cars too, this "Pro" word just keeps coming back!

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-screenshot_20210626211603.jpg

Link:https://shop.bmw.in/#/stock-locator?...46864&series=3
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 17:24   #36
BHPian

The folks at BMW have deleted the Heads up Display in the "Pro Edition"
They do have a few cars in Melbourne Red with this feature though.
Was not aware that use of polarized sunglasses renders this feature useless.
divinedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 07:05   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Either the BMW IN configurator is wrong or they have quietly introduced the Melbourne Red. Was a very popular colour with the F30 .

Of course, it could all be wonky. The 330i Sport is present in the brochure but not on the configurator, while the 320D Sport is vice versa.

Last edited by itwasntme : 28th June 2021 at 07:10.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 12:04   #38

Been a month since I brought this beauty 330Li MSport Pro.

Had taken a test drive car (Diesel) for a long drive with the dealership.

Likes, rather the loves
  1. Oh! The joy of a peppy rear wheel drive. And then add to it the power. Diesel felt torquey, the petrol same torque and even more power!
  2. Amazing road grip and stability.
  3. Loved the breaking. 100-0 what control and stability.
  4. Rear seat legroom. Feels like the living room.
  5. A slight revving of the engine, and the experience it generates.
Could have been better
  1. The center hump for the drive train makes the rear middle seat rather touch the floor. Kids love sliding from the seat to the hump.
  2. Rear boot space is oh, so limited; especially after the Octavia. (Am planning to remove the stepney and store it only for long drives).
  3. Co-passenger side view mirror does not have the auto-dimming feature.
Hate
  1. There seems to be some problem in the Harman Kardonn music system. Breaks the voice up. What a bummer! Have taken this up with the dealership and they acknowledged that even their car in the showroom had the same problem. Waiting to hear from them.
sedatecruiser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 23:22   #39
BHPian

I had the same issue when my vehicle was delivered.
You need to tweak the equalizer settings thru your iDrive controller.
Worked well for me.
Old 18th July 2021, 09:44   #40

Was on a long trip with a friend in his 6GT yesterday and no such issues with its Harmon Kardonn music system.

Having to adjust the equaliser to not get tearing(sic) in the acoustics is a hacky solution. I think bmw needs to look into this and do a recall to solve the problem if needed.
Old 21st August 2021, 10:53   #41
BHPian

Test drove the 330Li M sport last weekend. What a beautiful car!
The advantages over 330i are very clear but the price difference is quite huge too.
I had only been considering 330i till now but maybe it is wiser to extend the budget for the 330Li. I haven’t driven the 330i so I couldn’t tell the difference between the two but the Li seemed ample quick for me.
Waiting for the discounts to kick in by 2022.
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-34176f2aeb9f4ed5ab60687af2e9a16d.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-3415ed1bd1a54c6c8bfa5771a58cba6e.jpeg
ashish2135 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:59   #42
BHPian

Hello all,

I'm joining the list of people who have loved and then booked the 330Li!
We test drove both the 330i M Sport as well the 330Li. The regular petrol 3 felt smaller, tighter, more playful. The rear seats were supportive but hard, which I didn't mind but I couldn't say the same about my folks and in-laws. Then comes the 330Li. It was still amazing to drive but not as tight-feeling as the regular. But the seats are super comfortable. All said and done, we booked the Li Luxury Line. The luxury line instead of the M Sport for a few reasons, and in fact Vid6639 asked me to post this here so that people thinking of the Li are aware of these:

- Due to the chip shortage, the newest edition of the 330Li M Sport (third edition) misses out on a few features that used to be part of the kit- HUD, comfort access, and 360 Camera. Also, the speakers on the M Sport aren't the Harman Kardon ones that you get with the 330Li Luxury Line. The M Sport still comes with the 18" wheels with a different alloy design in addition to the bumpers and badging, M steering, and better front seats. It's possible that the sales folks may not be fully aware of these changes, and if your dealer has some stock left from the earlier editions, consider yourself lucky! Please double check the kit if you're considering the M Sport variant.
- Price difference, and non-availability of M Sport stock (as of this week).

As I said, it's best to cross-check with your dealer about the changes so that you don't end up being surprised.

We're looking forward to the 330Li. We started a few months ago looking for a sedan in the 35L budget- new or used, and pushed and stretched oursleves to a new 3! Crazy indeed.

Our what car thread for reference:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxur...-new-used.html
Gaboonviper04 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 01:22   #43
BHPian

Congratulations on your new set of wheels. Had the same dilemma, 30i vs 30Li. Was helped largely by my proactive sales advisor who pushed me into paying a small amount and insisted on blocking the LWB M Performance First edition. For that I am eternally grateful to him.He said I could always change to the 330i. He was spot on when he predicted that HUD, 360 & comfort access would be missing in future editions. I believe that even gesture control is now missing. Absence of all these features may not be entirely due to chip shortage. More likely cost cutting measures!

My biggest problem with the vehicle is the limited boot space. Otherwise very happy with my choice. The other issue is lack of m accessories. Most not compatible with the G28.
divinedoc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:54   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Was helped largely by my proactive sales advisor who pushed me into paying a small amount and insisted on blocking the LWB M Performance First edition.
He was spot on when he predicted that HUD, 360 & comfort access would be missing in future editions.
Smart man .

BMW must be the only luxury manufacturer with potential buyers hounding them for The 3, even though they are dropping highly desirable features and increasing prices every few months.

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th September 2021 at 10:04.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 08:06   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello folks,

A friend of mine in Chennai is considering the 3-Series GL as an upgrade from his Jetta.

Could you please let me know if there's any good deals, upcoming changes or anything that he needs to be aware of?

I understand that the global chip shortage has resulted in features delete and is BMW India offering price cuts to compensate for that?

P.S: I've already got a contact at KUN BMW from another friend who's been their customer for a while now. Nevertheless, any additional insight/info would help.

Thanks
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed