Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:08   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review

Looks handsome and doesnt look out of place for a Merc like a 2 series does for BMW (that looks more like a corolla with cab forward design).

Glad that they can introduce cars with features found in their higher cars. But the price will still be costlier for some new class of people to own. sigh. Dreams of a common man to own a premium label will just stay a dream.

Last edited by srishiva : 2nd March 2021 at 12:09.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
...Driving the Mercedes A-Class Limousine 1.3L Petrol AT..... look elsewhere.
Has this car been manufactured in China?

It is quite disappointing to see this kind of a vehicle from Mercedes. It seems to have scrimped on quality (especially interiors) and the pleasure of driving with this product. Is it "India hai to chalta hai" attitude that's working here (just like Tata and Suzuki - the undisputed leaders of chalta hai**)?

**My personal opinion

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd March 2021 at 14:54. Reason: Fixed quote tags.
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:42   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
If this is a Limo, what are S Class's and Maybach's?
MB India just flicked this Limousine word from the German nomenclature for a sedan in their model line up. It has nothing to do with the Limousine of the rest of the world.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-capture.png

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-capture1.png

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd March 2021 at 18:44.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 21:04   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Has this car been manufactured in China?

It is quite disappointing to see this kind of a vehicle from Mercedes. It seems to have scrimped on quality (especially interiors) and the pleasure of driving with this product.
Chinese market has the A Class only in the LWB configuration, from A180L to 200L and 220L.

Interior quality isn't disappointing IMHO, it is only the space and the feature set that might be disappointing to those used to Mercedes standards.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:31   #50
Team-BHP Support

Going against the general tide here. This is a real good package. With the C and 3 going higher up off late in size and price, there's no normal sized sedan in the Mercedes line up.

My cousin last year in USA changed her E46 328i for this A class albeit A220 sedan and loved the dimensions and the way it drove. She found the new 3 far too big for her needs.

This A class is perfectly the size of a Corolla and many people in metros will appreciate these dimensions. The rear space is usable vs the CLA, BMW 2 and the A3.

The exterior styling looks good and many owners of a Corolla or Civic who want to change but only option is the Superb which is too large or to spend a lot more and get the C class, now have another practical option to choose from. Not everyone looks for an upgrade that has to be larger in dimension. May just want a more premium car that is as spacious as their current car like a Corolla, Civic or Octavia.

Looks - subjective but check since it does not look ugly (I'm looking at you BMW)
Interior wow factor - check
Features - Double check
Space - Rear is best of the bunch though not roomy still manageable

Only 2 downers I saw are the 1.3L turbo petrol being good for sedate use but not for enthusiast. And the second being the poor NVH.

The diesel with 148BHP and 320Nm torque looks very impressive for this footprint of a car. Just imagine Honda city dimensions with 320Nm torque from a 2.0L diesel.

If Mercedes prices this competitively and I mean way lower than the BMW 2 and possibly manage 35L which was what the CLA was launched at, they might just have a winner on their hands. We will see a lot of first time Mercedes buyers and a lot more Mercs on the road.

The CLA had a narrow appeal even though it looked sexy, the A class has a much wider appeal.

Just get it at under 35L Mercedes!!!

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd March 2021 at 09:31.
Vid6639 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 08:42   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is a real good package.

This A class is perfectly the size of a Corolla and many people in metros will appreciate these dimensions. The rear space is usable vs the CLA, BMW 2 and the A3.

Looks - subjective but check since it does not look ugly (I'm looking at you BMW)
Interior wow factor - check
Features - Double check
Space - Rear is best of the bunch though not roomy still manageable

Just get it at under 35L Mercedes!!!
Given the lack of options in this self-drive compact luxury sedan market, I agree with vid6639.

Although a 'normal' enthusiast looking to upgrade will not touch either, the A is more mini-MB than the 2 is a mini-BMW. The A looks ditto to the C (and now the S!), while the less said about the bug-eyed looks of the 2 the better. Interiors are also space-age compared to the 2, although the lighting is too blingy for my tastes.

In cramped cities like BLR, a A might very well fit the bill of a third car for the boss man to take the boss lady out on weekends. But pricing is key of course.

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd March 2021 at 09:05.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:11   #52
BHPian

As per Akshay motors, ex-showroom = INR 40L and on-road = INR ~53L for the entry level version. At those rates, Camry would be a better buy.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 10:11   #53
sgm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
As per Akshay motors, ex-showroom = INR 40L and on-road = INR ~53L for the entry level version. At those rates, Camry would be a better buy.
For half of this price, you can get a top end Octavia TSI which is way more practical, cheaper to run and better in power and performance

These cars are good for families who want their 2nd or 3rd car to come again from one of these luxury brands. For a first time buyer into these brands, C/3/A4/Camry etc is a better choice, else after the initial euphoria, you realize that the features alone can't keep you happy and you are making lot of compromises if this is going to be the primary car.
Old 4th March 2021, 10:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
At these prices, the 3 series looks like a better option for buyers to consider if they want that luxury badge. , for VFM conscious people buying a Skoda superb would also be a fantastic option.
Old 4th March 2021, 11:27   #55
Team-BHP Support

Excellent review, short and crisp.. but covers all the required areas in abundance!

To be honest it is either the AMG or the base version for me Base version if priced well actually makes good sense, with no unwanted glitter inside. Plain old school clean black interior and you still get a good Head Unit (hopefully with all the basic connectivity for phone and maps).
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 17:00   #56

Thanks for the crisp review!

Personally, love the way Mercedes-Benz has incorporated its recent interior design language in the A-Class sedan. Found the beige interiors coupled with the walnut wood trim and the aluminium inserts very appealing. Looking forward to seeing how many takers Mercedes-Benz India garners for the 1.3 litre petrol version.

Quote:
Sad to see this being the potential on-road price for the entry level model. I wonder how steeply or competitively priced the A-35 variant might be, given that the BMW M340i xDrive will probably be showing up very well priced!
Old 6th March 2021, 00:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Excellent review, short and crisp.. but covers all the required areas in abundance!

To be honest it is either the AMG or the base version for me Base version if priced well actually makes good sense, with no unwanted glitter inside. Plain old school clean black interior and you still get a good Head Unit (hopefully with all the basic connectivity for phone and maps).
They are not selling the base version, only the fully loaded Progressive variant in petrol and diesel and the AMG A35 . I suggest you get the AMG
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 20:34   #58
BHPian

Quote:
40L ex showroom for this in a world that has the 330i Sport at 42.xx L? I guess we can expect discounts pouring in pretty soon.
Old 17th March 2021, 12:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes A35 AMG review

Old 22nd March 2021, 16:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

The Mercedes-AMG A 35 new teaser, to launch in India on March 25.

Quote:
Make way for power.
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-smartselect_20210322164834_twitter.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-smartselect_20210322164856_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 22nd March 2021 at 16:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks