Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st April 2021, 21:16   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review

Looks are appealing, equipment list is plenty, and seems like a good package overall to enter into the luxury car segment. The only thing that doesn’t sit well with me is the pricing. It honestly seems quite shocking to me that such a small entry level car from Mercedes is priced 40L ex showroom, considering that just 6 years ago, I bought my E-Class at 44L OTR
! This car is not a good deal to buy right now, but with good discounts around the festive season, can become a great deal.
Merc_Freak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:30   #92
Senior - BHPian

2021 Mercedes-AMG A35 review

Old 7th April 2021, 17:09   #93
MCR
BHPian

When you think you are the only Luxury car manufacturer in the country and turn a "blind eye" to the competition
Comparison Credit : Carwale
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-merc.jpg  

MCR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2021, 19:07   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
When you think you are the only Luxury car manufacturer in the country and turn a "blind eye" to the competition
Comparison Credit : Carwale
The same can be said for BMW 2 series Gran Coupé, so this argument doesn't really stand -- although I agree both cars are overpriced as heck.
Old 7th April 2021, 21:05   #95
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoakki View Post
The same can be said for BMW 2 series Gran Coupé, so this argument doesn't really stand -- although I agree both cars are overpriced as heck.
The 2 Series Gran Coupe is around 7 Lakhs cheaper as compared to the 3 series. So Technically speaking (ignoring the discounts part) there is a price gap. However, the A Class Limousine is actually trying to compete with a 3 Series price wise. This is silly and that is what I wanted to highlight.
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 20:31   #96
BHPian

Mercedes has got no chill! Another silent price increase from MBIL!
Seems like these new increased prices will come into effect from the next quarter...

The old ex-showroom prices (was anyway overpriced!) of the A-Limo:

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-screenshot_20210618200513.jpg

And now, the new ex-showroom price of A200 (Direct 1.3L increment):

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-screenshot_20210618200327.jpg

The new ex-showroom price of the A200d (Direct 2.3L increment):

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-screenshot_20210618200415.jpg

Last edited by sampadroy : 18th June 2021 at 20:32.
sampadroy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 21:22   #97
Team-BHP Support

In a mad lapse of judgement, I decided to consider some new cars to test drive and I looked at the A200! Despite the small engine, I kept an open mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

If you like minimalist dashboard designs - then this will surely not appeal to you, even in person. This dashboard has been designed to catch the buyer's attention - be it day or night!
The dashboard is busy, you do feel you got your moneys worth. However, the gear stalk is a disappointment. You like it to to be substantial and stand out from a normal control.

I drove this straight after testing the 220i M Sport. The fascia in that car is classy, discrete and not like so much like an Xmas tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Complaints about sub-par NVH in a car like this is inexplicable when you consider that 10-lakh rupee Hyundais are butter-smooth.
The engine was fairly smooth and refined. Not silent but acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Interior quality isn't disappointing IMHO, it is only the space and the feature set that might be disappointing to those used to Mercedes standards.
Interior quality is decent but not up their compared to the bigger Mercedes saloons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhasir View Post

I read in few places and also in media reviews that the A class will have dedicated spare tyre space under the boot and that only media drive vehicles had placed it open in the boot.
They've done a BMW and levelled the area around the spare wheel to create a bottom layer. This ensures a flat floor although the boot is long and shallow.

Drove it mainly in traffic. As a city car, it was a hoot to drive. The small engine means less weight over the wheels. The DCT was well matched and it was fairly eager into corners. By comparison, the M220 was a little nose heavy although its steering had better feel. Once you understood the engine sweet spot, it was quite peppy and easy to slot into traffic.

I liked it however - Rs 50+ big ones for this, I find it difficult to stomach this. Another test would be to drive it on a highway to understand whether it could actually sustain press-on driving.

As a classy quality commute car for the wrong side of Rs 35 Lakhs may be but not at this price

Last edited by ajmat : 12th July 2021 at 15:49.
ajmat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 14:15   #98
BHPian

Team,

" Can someone help start a new thread for my car search"

Looking for a performance car with a 70 Lac budget. The car will be driven 99% of the time with maybe 1-2 passengers. The usage will be in Delhi NCR. Ground clearance is helpful given the road conditions. The car needs to be an amalgamation of daily usage and performance thrills (Wont be just a weekend car). Looking to own the car for 5-7 years minimum so novelty shouldnt wear off.

Need list:
1. Fast and exhilerating
2. Ground clearance
3. Moderatly comfortable
4. Looker/ Presence
5. Petrol
6. SUV/Hatchback shape preferred
7. Fuss free to maintain
8. Good exhaust (Prefer pops and bangs)

Shortlist

1. Mercedes A35, GLA35
Pros:
- Love the interiors
- Tech
- Sporty feel
- Price (Within budget)
- Feels young

Cons
- Exhaust
- A35 (Ground clearance)
- 4 cylinder

2. M340i
Pros:
- Power!!
- Tech
- Sporty feel
- Price (Within budget)

Cons
- Exhaust
- Looks quite ordinary to common eye
- Ground clearance
- Feel is quite basic (Interior/exterior)

3. 330i
Pros:
- Price
- Comfort
- Tech

Cons:
- Not a sports car feel
- Exhaust
- 4 cyclinder

4. C43 (less preferred)/ GLC43 (Mainly)
Pros
- Ground clearance
- Tech
- Body style
- Power

Cons
- Fuel efficiency
- Price

What do you guys think and should i consider other cars in the budget.
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:38   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
What do you guys think and should i consider other cars in the budget.
Just few pointers from my end:

1) A35 AMG, although very expensive for its segment, comes with a standard 8-year warranty on the engine, transmission and turbocharger. This is a massive plus, in my opinion.

2) BMW M340i is my favorite pick from all the options you've mentioned. Compared to the A35 AMG, it gets 50% more cylinders & displacement, 25% more power and 20% more torque! The upfront premium of 5L will be recovered at the time of resale.

3) Any specific reason you haven't considered the new Audi S5? It's pricey but with mouth watering discounts, it could be an amazing purchase. It has super cool paint options and slightly better ground clearance than A35 and M340i. Plus, it has slightly better ride compared to the above two. However, it'll depreciate quicker than its competitors.

4) Jaguar XE P250 is a good option too but I guess, you avoided it considering its reliability and After Sales Support of JLR.

5) GLC 43 AMG is a lucrative option as well but is also the most expensive one from this list!
romil.shroff is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed