Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2022, 13:57   #106

Re: Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinLow View Post
I have been looking around in the used car market for 530d mSports with white interiors, with a budget of about 50 - 60L. Failed to locate any since a while.

I bought my new A200d six months ago and driven 6000 kms until now.Let me share my thoughts regarding the car which may help you make a decision.

- The car has good balance of comfort ,drivability and power. I drive long distance every month (500+ kms/trip) i don't feel tired after the trip. so it serves my purpose.
- Fuel efficiency- Average till today, as per Mercedes me app, is 15.5 kms/ltr. For highway alone, I have got 19 kmpl.
- Beautiful interior. feels premium when you sit inside.
- drives very well in comfort mode. This mode is sufficient even for sudden overtake attempts.
- Boot space is big enough for two medium sized suitcases which is ok for my use.
- You will definitely miss 360 degree camera. At least we require a front camera that gets displayed when the vehicle is slowing down.
- The ownership experience has been hassle free until now, even if it is too early to comment. The previous generation A class owners are very happy due to its trouble free ownership experience, I hope the same for this generation too.
- 8 years warranty on engine and transmission and three year standard warranty for entire vehicle. I extended 3 year standard warranty to 6 years by paying INR 70+ thousands. I think it is a good deal.
- Diesel engine is far superior to petrol one. If it is petrol A200, I dont recommend the car at 50+ lakhs on road price (in Kerala).
- Noise insulation could be better.

In short, why I bought the car:
a) Most affordable Mercedes (I had no budget for C class, which is 16 Lakhs costlier in Kerala)
b)Long warranty and expected trouble free ownership
c) Lower cost of maintenance for a premium car

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th November 2022 at 14:09.
motorgeek0109 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 10:48   #107
BHPian

Hello new owners / current owners of the A200d ...
I am seriously considering selling my SUV and buying the A200D in the next few months. I have been through the specifications and reviews. I am looking for data for ownership costs.
I see that like most German diesels (VW , Audi , BMW) this is an efficient diesel so running costs in the ownership department seem to be decent.
However I have heard that after sales service costs a bomb. I am getting lots of mixed opinions and mostly from non-Merc owners :-) .
So any insight into that will help.

One more question is that since coming out of the pandemic and the automotive shortage , how is the car's availability ? I mean is there a long wait time ? I don't see too many of these on the roads. I mean I see more "C" and SUVs from Mercedes than these A200D/A200. Is it because of the SUV craze is more rampant these past couple of years ?
Old 22nd May 2023, 17:04   #108
BHPian

I purchased the A200D Mountain Gray. I liked the appeal of the car and its looks. The engine complements the car very well. Great pickup and very good FE. The last trip I took , I managed to get 17.5 kpl as per the only trip computer or rather the graph plotted by the car which I thought was a very nice touch .

The only question I had or rather have was , that very recently I had the airflow filter replaced as it went for a toss all of a sudden.
The engine warning came on and I took the car to a Merc work shop. They promptly replaced it under warranty at no extra charge.

I am wondering if this part going bad is a common occurence or just a one-off case ? It was not expected from a brand such as Mercedes who don't manufacture the part but buy it from a trusted manufacturer such as Continental.

Overall have done 3.5k kms and I am very happy with my first ever Merc.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 14:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorgeek0109 View Post
- Noise insulation could be better.
[/b]
Is it the tyre noise? When I test drove the A200 and GLA, I could only hear the tyre noise making its way into the cabin, everything else was decently insulated. On the highway especially, tyre noise was very intrusive. Switching to a silent tyre like Michelin Primacy 4S could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I purchased the A200D Mountain Gray. I liked the appeal of the car and its looks.

The only question I had or rather have was , that very recently I had the airflow filter replaced as it went for a toss all of a sudden.
The engine warning came on and I took the car to a Merc work shop. They promptly replaced it under warranty at no extra charge.

I am wondering if this part going bad is a common occurence or just a one-off case ? It was not expected from a brand such as Mercedes who don't manufacture the part but buy it from a trusted manufacturer such as Continental.

Overall have done 3.5k kms and I am very happy with my first ever Merc.
Congrats on the new car. I really like the two entry level mercs, GLA220d and A class sedan, and found it to be very well equipped compared to the previous generation C class and current GLC. Benz doesn't even offer memory seats in the GLE 300d for example which is now north of 1 crore.

A consumable like a filter failing isn't much of a big deal. Probably just a bad batch from the vendor. Your car also comes with an 8 year warranty on the engine and transmission which means most of the major headaches are gone. Relax and enjoy your new ride.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2023, 12:33   #110
BHPian

I am happy to share that I have purchased A35 AMG in the month of April 2023, the booking was done in Jan and I got the car delivered in April 2nd week.

The other new car options I considered were BMW M340i,330Li and the GLA 35 AMG.
Used car options were C43 AMG, CLA/GLA 45 AMG and BME 340I

M340i: I tried seeing the car twice in the showroom and both the times was not successful. The OTR price was 25% higher and there was no discounts.

330Li: I was mainly considering the 330i and not the li as the car will be used by me and my wife mostly. So I felt we won't be needing the longer wheel base version. Took test drive the interiors and drive feel was good but the car felt big for me.

A35 or GLA35: I personally loved sedans much when compared to hatches/SUVs. So decided to go ahead with the A35 AMG. There were many demo cars with multiple dealers for 20-30% lesser. But the Interest rate was calculated as a used car for these.

Used cars: I was seeing a white CLA 45 AMG in Hyderabad, GLA 45 AMG in Bengaluru and C43 AMG in Delhi the cars were good and was within my budget. But obtaining loan for a used car was bit tricky particularly if I was in TN and I am planning to buy an other state car.

We preferred to buy the car with finance and this was not possiblehe used car. Now I am saving some funds in FD's for my next car to go for loan against FD and purchase my next used car.

The pre-booking and test drive experience were good but they continuously pushed the delivery dates and I paid off the whole amount on March 31st after getting confirmation car is ready to be shipped and too delivery in April 2nd week.

Been using the car for 5.5k kms so far, I took the car for 1 month/1000kms check up and was charged around 4k for rodent protection sleeve for the steering wire.

Using it only for self drives on weekends, weekday nights and vacation.

1) Like the performance and decent leg room for rear occupants.
2) 8 years warranty for turbo, engine and gear box.

Dislikes:

1) Major one is GC. Have scrapped multiple times so far mainly in diversion from NH to side roads where the Speed breakers are mental.
The GC is so low 113mm only.
2) Due to GC have to take out only in places I know the road well.

Trips so far:

1) Chennai-Bengaluru
2) Chennai-Pondy
3) Chennai- Yercaud
4) Chennai-Kumbakonam
5) Chennai- Sivakasi

FE in all trips between 8.5-10.5 km/l based on how we drive.

Removed speed chime 3 weeks back and enjoying the car much better during highway runs.

Upgrades planned:

1) Plan to go for stage 1 or stage 2 with a Downpipe in the future.
2) Change tires to 235/40/18 to 235/45/18 to increase the GC by 11mm.
3) Planning to take the service package before the end of 1 year.
4) Thinking of changing colours of the alloys to Gold.

Some pics of the car:

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4209.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_0840.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_0797.jpg

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_0789.jpg
Tvk1991 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 19:11   #111
TSG

Been using the car for 5.5k kms so far, I took the car for 1 month/1000kms check up and was charged around 4k for rodent protection sleeve for the steering wire.

The A35 seems to be a great choice! Wishing you many more happy miles with it.

Out of curiosity, barring the length, were there any other factors that made you choose the A35 over the 330i/Li. I understand that the latter is more comfort oriented, but how would you compare the performance and handling of both of these vehicles.

I have also been looking for comparisons between the M340i and the A35 recently. Not in the market for one - just to see how much more value you get for nearly 14 lakhs more. The new BMW dashboard design, integrating everything into the screen (which is blatant cost cutting, and not for ease of use, in my humble opinion) and the removal of the traditional gear lever just do not seem to resonate with me.

Once again, congrats on this beauty!
TSG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 09:34   #112
BHPian

In every way 340i is a better car in all aspect, I had a very strict budget of not more than 70l.

The car I purchased came with a good interest rate from Mercedes finance at around <4% for a 50l loan. (basically they don't give cash discounts)

The price quoted for 340i in Chennai was around OTR 87L and the interest rates were higher than 8% quoted for a 5 year loan.

So financially it was a better choice for me due to my budget, As I started with a budget of 35-40l for a used car and pushed it upto 70l.
Tvk1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:10   #113

I am curious to know if there is any difference between the diesel engine of an A 200d and a C200d?

I recently read an article in Autocar Supplement magazine (September 2023) stating that the C class diesel engine has a 48V Integrated Starter Generator (a mild hybrid system). But it did not mention of any hybrid system in the A class. Could someone please clarify this?

Many thanks for your reply in advance.
Old 23rd February 2024, 11:30   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saras View Post
I am curious to know if there is any difference between the diesel engine of an A 200d and a C200d?
We don’t get the C200d in India, what we do get is the C220d with the higher power output compared to the A200d.

And the A200d has the older OM654 1950cc I4 diesel motor meanwhile the C220d gets the new OM654 1992cc I4 diesel motor which was launched in 2021

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 23rd February 2024 at 11:39.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 12:04   #115
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase and hope you are enjoying it.

I have 3 questions for you.

1. What ECU tune have you chosen ?
2. Are you getting the TCU tune also done ?
3. When you go with 235/45R18, IS there any rubbing under full load ? Have you done the upgrade ?
Old 11th March 2024, 16:33   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hi,

Congratulations on your purchase and hope you are enjoying it.

I have 3 questions for you.

1. What ECU tune have you chosen ?
2. Are you getting the TCU tune also done ?
3. When you go with 235/45R18, IS there any rubbing under full load ? Have you done the upgrade ?
1) I am planning to go for Harmonixx/MSL. But MSL does not do remote tuning I guess. So have to go ahead with Harmonixx. Already did few draggy runs the best 0-60 time got was 4.83s and 1/4 mile was 12.96s (done in the recent track day at MMRT).

2) Yes, but cant find much information online.

3) No, I have talked with 2 guys who have done it, So I dont think there will be an issue.
Old 15th March 2024, 19:37   #117

Re: Sold my Ather Gen 3 and bought the Ather 450 Apex

I had taken the testdrive last week at electronic city, Bangalore. Our test drive of the Mercedes A-Class Limousine was an absolute pleasure. The salesperson went above and beyond, bringing the car directly to us and patiently explaining all its features. They even encouraged a long test drive, allowing both me and my brother ample time behind the wheel. This not only gave us a feel for the car's handling and performance, but also let us experience the backseat's impressive comfort and luxurious touches. The only minor observations we had were the sunroof's size – it wasn't panoramic – and the lack of ventilated seats, which would have been an added perk. Overall, the test drive solidified the A-Class Limousine's appeal as a contender, with its spaciousness and luxurious comfort leaving a lasting impression
Old 26th March 2024, 12:44   #118
BHPian

1 Year Update:

ODO: 9000kms

Purchase of Draggy:

I recently acquired a draggy and did few runs in the track days conducted. The results were quite impressive. Attached below are the results:

This was stock car regular petrol.

Trip to Coorg:

Went for a trip to Coorg and back for a 4 days trip in December the car performed really well. Only issue faced was handling speed breakers in the service roads of Electronic City area to take the Mysore Exit.

Chennai-Mysore
Mysore-Coorg
Coorg-Chennai

FE: 10.5km/l in average.

Sharing few pics of the drive:

KUN Track Day:

Enrolled myself for the KUN Track day this month at MMRT.
I was the only AMG in the morning session joined by GLC43 AMG later on the day.
The session started at 10:00 am and spotted lot of exotic cars like Aventador SVJ, Huracan Sterrato, Porsche 911 Turbo, Urus and Cayman GT4.

Did close to 9-10 laps along with lot of 340i.
My first time in track and the experience was exhilarating and motivated me to buy a Porsche or a BMW M car in the near future.

Will look forward for more track days in the near future.

Pics from the event:

1st Service Due:

The car had till 2 more weeks until April 5th for 1st service, I was planning to take the 4 years 80k service package.

So went before 1 year and took the package. They had the car with them for 3 days in Sundaram Motors waiting for MB approval to activate the package and gave delivery on the 4th day.

Total amount for the package was: 2,68,922 (4y/80k)
1st Service: 68k (front brake pad changed worth around 22k)

Future Plans:

Looking to purchase a Downpipe and Intake upgrade with stage 2 by next month. In talks with few performance players.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4884.png  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4880.png  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-c61aa8071032479da28a3ecea7e6513e.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_5207.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_5208.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4551.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4553.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4556.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4557.jpg  

Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Review-img_4559.jpg  

Tvk1991 is offline   (3) Thanks