Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 09:52   #136
BHPian
 
ashish2135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 80
Thanked: 190 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1st Full Tank @ Shell (V-Power) & 1st Night Shot. The White Lights are really bringing out the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Shade very well;
These alloys look sweet. I can't wait to see more pictures of your car.
ashish2135 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:38   #137
BHPian
 
white_vdi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: new delhi
Posts: 856
Thanked: 33 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1st Full Tank @ Shell (V-Power) & 1st Night Shot. The White Lights are really bringing out the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Shade very well;

Attachment 2135499
wheels can so change the entire stance of a car. can't wait for your review and more pics!
white_vdi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:14   #138
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,344
Thanked: 13,843 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1st Full Tank @ Shell (V-Power)
Give her some better diet Power99 will be my pick atleast until first 2000 Km & thereafter depending on how much pop & bangs one want

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd March 2021 at 12:22.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:32   #139
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,689
Thanked: 16,867 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Looks drop-dead gorgeous in this spec ; Blue + grey 792M alloys + grey ORVMs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
These alloys look sweet. I can't wait to see more pictures of your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
wheels can so change the entire stance of a car. can't wait for your review and more pics!
Thanks for the compliments guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Give her some better diet Power99 will be my pick atleast until first 2000 Km & thereafter depending on how much pop & bangs one want
Sir,

There's no Power 99 (30 kms away / 1 hr 15 mins drive one way) or Speed 97 (21 kms away / 45 Mins Drive One way) outlet anywhere near my residence or office. However there are 2 Shell Bunks under 5 kms distance from my Location.

Also FYI;

BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1832.jpg

Shell FTW
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:59   #140
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
1st Full Tank @ Shell (V-Power) & 1st Night Shot. The White Lights are really bringing out the Tanzanite Blue II Metallic Shade very well;

Attachment 2135499
Wow she is a beauty . Congratulations on the buy and the lovely alloy spec.

Also was your dealer - Navnit Motors?. There was a car undergoing a PDI check on Saturday at their Andheri workshop.
milin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 15:15   #141
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,344
Thanked: 13,843 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
There's no Power 99 (30 kms away / 1 hr 15 mins drive one way) or Speed 97 (21 kms away / 45 Mins Drive One way) outlet anywhere near my residence or office. However there are 2 Shell Bunks under 5 kms distance from my Location.
Yea, BMW and Shell have a partnership. Though I am not sure if RON on "V Power" is higher than regular, but since it says min. 91, will be good, try the 99 sometime and update the differences

BTW, Shell sticker is common, even though there is no Shell 98 Octane in India, they still put it
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-whatsapp-image-20210322-2.44.35-pm-1.jpeg  


Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd March 2021 at 15:18.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:08   #142
BHPian
 
Eshan Joshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: !
Posts: 215
Thanked: 1,249 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
It is here !Today morning I have taken delivery of my beautiful baby M ! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post
Got her home today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Finally took delivery of my M340i earlier today;
I don't know you guys but I already hate you all ! LOL.

Jokes aside, you guys are really lucky to have got your hands on one. I have read somewhere that there are only 40 cars available. Hope you enjoy them to the fullest.

Anyways do you guys plan to take your car for track days?


Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Happy to announce that the 19" 792M Wheels which I had ordered for my M340i are here;
I have a small question. Now that you have driven your car with these wheels, is there a noticeable increase performance and handling?

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2021 at 19:31. Reason: Please do not use bold fonts unless absolutely necessary. Please also cross check your punctuation mark space. Thanks.
Eshan Joshi is offline  
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:18   #143
BHPian
 
shaheenazk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 201
Thanked: 224 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yea, BMW and Shell have a partnership. Though I am not sure if RON on "V Power" is higher than regular, but since it says min. 91, will be good, try the 99 sometime and update the differences

BTW, Shell sticker is common, even though there is no Shell 98 Octane in India, they still put it
Shell V Power is 99 Octane.

https://support.shell.com/hc/en-gb/a...hat-is-Octane-
shaheenazk is offline  
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:22   #144
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,344
Thanked: 13,843 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaheenazk View Post
Shell V Power is 99 Octane.
That’s overseas, not here in India. As with many other Foreign brands, Shell has conveniently used a known trademark but provides no information on what’s octane of V-Power here in India. From what I understand, it’s regular octane but with some additives.

Last edited by Turbanator : 22nd March 2021 at 20:26.
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:55   #145
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,916
Thanked: 9,592 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That’s overseas, not here in India. As with many other Foreign brands, Shell has conveniently used a known trademark but provides no information on what’s octane of V-Power here in India. From what I understand, it’s regular octane but with some additives.
Interesting. When you say overseas, I assume you mean other than USA?

I was a tad surprised that US does not have fuel higher than 93 Octane rating and perhaps that was the reason that I never spotted any fuel higher than this rating on the road and I have done a fair bit of long road trips and filled from every brand out here

They call it " Regular" "Mid-Grade" and "Premium". They kept it simple and I kind of like it this way instead of the confusing terminologies back home each brand uses to define the fuel

Regular : 87
Mid Grade : 89
Premium : 91 & 93 (Depending on which state you reside)

Out here in Michigan, thankfully it's 93 octane. Now this makes me wonder if the 93 octane is equivalent to same rating in India or is it higher? Because if India has 99 Octane rating, why is it not available here yet?

Wiki Link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...octane_ratings

Last edited by mobike008 : 23rd March 2021 at 18:56.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:13   #146
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16,824
Thanked: 34,174 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Out here in Michigan, thankfully it's 93 octane. Now this makes me wonder if the 93 octane is equivalent to same rating in India or is it higher? Because if India has 99 Octane rating, why is it not available here yet?

Wiki Link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...octane_ratings
India has 97, 99 and 100 in selected bunks not standard or mandated by anyone.

Same in USA is available in places where performance cars go. You need to search for the bunks that offer race fuel. It's very much sold since modded cars there run on 100 octane.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:23   #147
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,479
Thanked: 2,074 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Interesting. When you say overseas, I assume you mean other than USA?

I was a tad surprised that US does not have fuel higher than 93 Octane rating and perhaps that was the reason that I never spotted any fuel higher than this rating on the road and I have done a fair bit of long road trips and filled from every brand out here
I believe the numbers you see in the US are MON not RON like in EU/India. So the numbers will be much lower.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 20:35   #148
BHPian
 
theredliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: -
Posts: 698
Thanked: 1,339 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Regular : 87
Mid Grade : 89
Premium : 91 & 93 (Depending on which state you reside)

Out here in Michigan, thankfully it's 93 octane. Now this makes me wonder if the 93 octane is equivalent to same rating in India or is it higher? Because if India has 99 Octane rating, why is it not available here yet?
USA uses AKI. 87, 91 & 93 in USA are ~ 91 (Regular Indian stuff), 95 and 98 RON - the unit used in India, Europe and many other places.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:13   #149
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,916
Thanked: 9,592 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
India has 97, 99 and 100 in selected bunks not standard or mandated by anyone.

Same in USA is available in places where performance cars go. You need to search for the bunks that offer race fuel. It's very much sold since modded cars there run on 100 octane.
It may be available but, it is extremely rare to see 100 Octane anywhere in bunks. Not sure if it's provided only by a specific brand (eg: Shell) and that too in very limited gas stations but, I have never seen any pump that has anything higher than 93 Octane

Will keep an eye out for pumps with higher octane gas in future !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I believe the numbers you see in the US are MON not RON like in EU/India. So the numbers will be much lower.
Like theredliner mentioned, US uses AKI not MON which is an average of MON and RON

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
USA uses AKI. 87, 91 & 93 in USA are ~ 91 (Regular Indian stuff), 95 and 98 RON - the unit used in India, Europe and many other places.
You are correct. However, my understanding is AKI being an average between MON and RON then AKI rating should be higher than the RON number that is available in Europe and India

For Eg : 97 RON gas in Europe and India is equivalent to 91 Octane in US. Is this a correct understanding?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:39   #150
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,344
Thanked: 13,843 Times
Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, my understanding is AKI being an average between MON and RON then AKI rating should be higher than the RON number that is available in Europe and India?
I think confusion is between Octane number and RON

The octane number is actually the simple average of two different octane rating methods—motor octane rating (MOR) and research octane rating (RON)—that differ primarily in the specifics of the operating conditions.

https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/...e-in-depth.php

So most likely, 95 RON is what you get but I am not 100% sure.
Turbanator is online now  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks