Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 13:59   #46
BHPian

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
My heart almost sank when I read this figure. I'm gunning on getting this in next 3-4 years. I hope they get a great response and it makes commercial sense for them to continue making this in CKD form.

However if the limited number of 48 holds true, this car will hold its price in the use car market like crazy.
Some relief, I called up Bengaluru and Kerala dealers, both have different answers but still better news. Bengaluru dealer confirmed that this is first batch with 60 cars in total (just three colours as published in website) and next batch will come only in September- wonder why🤔
Kerala dealers said it’s approximately 200 in this lot and he agreed to check if black colour coming in near future. Both gave similar indication on price.
If black isn’t in plan for future lots, I might just consider grey and book soon.
@karan - I guess you opted subset orange?
RakishRam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 16:13   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looks stunning. Right number of spokes, fantastic colour(Diamond cut/black has a mass market look). Looking forward to see you 340i with these rims.
Indeed, Thanks. These are the rims the M340i gets offered with in the Global market. Glad the Dealership was able to source it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
@karan - I guess you opted subset orange?
Nope. I've ordered mine in the shade of " Tanzanite Blue II Metallic "

Last edited by karan561 : 7th March 2021 at 16:16.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 17:43   #48
BHPian

Re: 792M Wheels & Michelin PS4S Tyres !

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Happy to announce that the 19" 792M Wheels which I had ordered for my M340i are here;

Attachment 2129612

Extremely Well Finished & Should go well with all the Cerium Grey Inserts (Grille, Bumper, Mirror Caps etc.) Pre-Fit on my M340i;

Attachment 2129614

& Lightweight too;

Attachment 2129611

The Tyres for this 19" setup are Michelin PS4S (Best in Business, most of us would agree)

Attachment 2129613

Staggered Setup i.e. 225/40 R19 (Front) & 255/35 R19 (Rear) [Note: The Rims are Staggered too i.e. 8J front & 8.5J Rear]

Attachment 2129616

Looking forward
These are the perfect wheels for the 340i! Congrats, will look amazing!
Reesnat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 12:50   #49
BHPian

Awesome review for an awesome car (xDrive with 382-bhp)! I wish it was available when I got my 330i, about an year ago. It feels good to see BMW (in India) really focussing on the G20 3, with the addition of the 'L' version and now the M340i in less than 2 years (and that too amidst a global pandemic). This is so much different than other manufacturer reducing the number of variants of the compact executive segment.

It feels weirdly good that the performance numbers (purely 0-100 numbers) in the current M340i would match sportscar level performance from a decade ago - all thanks to advancements in technology and good engineering
animeshb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 15:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to announce that the 19" 792M Wheels which I had ordered for my M340i are here;Looking forward
Now that’s how you start the celebration before the special car hits the ground! Lovely choice of rims , I have to say! I was reading the review and was thinking, “only if it had the M five spokes” and boom, here you are, with them in hand! Great addition and I’m sure your car will be the hottest 340i in town for a long time to come! On a side note, may I ask where / how you got those Mich PS4s? Especially with the tyre import ban really wrecking havoc with the enthusiasts cars’ shoes!
Doc_nikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 16:10   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to announce that the 19" 792M Wheels which I had ordered for my M340i are here;
Congrats Karan on an awesome car & a great set of wheels. Not sure if there will be anyone else in India who owns 3 generations of the 3 series.

I hope you don't mind the below juxtaposition - but I think it truly captures your passion!
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-crop.jpg  

BMW M340i xDrive Review-939831.jpg  

d3mon is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 16:49   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_nikhil View Post
Now that’s how you start the celebration before the special car hits the ground! Lovely choice of rims , I have to say! I was reading the review and was thinking, “only if it had the M five spokes” and boom, here you are, with them in hand! Great addition and I’m sure your car will be the hottest 340i in town for a long time to come! On a side note, may I ask where / how you got those Mich PS4s? Especially with the tyre import ban really wrecking havoc with the enthusiasts cars’ shoes!
Thanks Doc for the wishes & compliments.
Upon my request for the same the PS4S were sourced by the dealership. This combo was pre-decided when I ordered the 19" 792M Wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Congrats Karan on an awesome car & a great set of wheels.
Thanks for the kind wishes d3mon.
Quote:
Not sure if there will be anyone else in India who owns 3 generations of the 3 series.

Quote:
I hope you don't mind the below juxtaposition - but I think it truly captures your passion!
Wow, what a sweet comparison. I could see the wheels smiling back at me as well Thanks for this effort, truly made my day.

Last edited by karan561 : 8th March 2021 at 17:05.
karan561 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 20:13   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: My car was billed last night to the dealership & earlier today I received the VIN details of my car
karan561 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 09:01   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Update: My car was billed last night to the dealership & earlier today I received the VIN details of my car
Reading your excitement makes me feel your car is as excited too. Infact, i believe it must be singing:
I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming

Also, its the launch today! i bet you cant wait for the price announcement. I Bet most BHPians cant.
prashant316 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 10:40   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome ! Same with me ! The cars were despatched from the Chakan warehouse of BMW India. Yours mine and a surprising second car for Pune !
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 11:18   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Reading your excitement makes me feel your car is as excited too. Infact, i believe it must be singing:
I'm coming home
I'm coming home
Tell the world I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday
I know my kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the world that I'm coming
Thanks for rhyming in the excitement further up
Quote:
Also, its the launch today! i bet you cant wait for the price announcement. I Bet most BHPians cant.
Indeed. BTW there is another BHPian who has booked the M340i (3 M340i's for TEAM-BHP as of now), not sure why he is still silent, hope he announces the same on this thread soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Awesome ! Same with me ! The cars were despatched from the Chakan warehouse of BMW India. Yours mine and a surprising second car for Pune !
Hey, Yes I am aware. Some cars were in BMW India's Central ware house in Pune since a few days to be shipped to North & Western regions.
Whereas My Car got shipped from Chennai, I'm sure your car will arrive well before mine does, Congratulations

Last edited by karan561 : 10th March 2021 at 11:36.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 11:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:

Hey, Yes I am aware. Some cars were in BMW India's Central ware house in Pune since a few days to be shipped to North & Western regions.
Whereas My Car got shipped from Chennai, I'm sure your car will arrive well before mine does, Congratulations
Oh ! I was told that 3 vehicles have been wholesaled from the Chakan facility for Pune and Mumbai. Assumed that one of that would be yours! Either ways registration should take 3 to 4 days ! Mine will remain stock spec for a few months atleast. Will look at Rims in due course of time.

We might just run into each other at the Amby Valley route on a weekend !

Heartiest congratulations and wish you the happiest miles ever !
Dieselite is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 12:23   #58
BHPian

62.9 Lakhs! Now that's a cracking price if there ever was one!

d3mon is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 12:45   #59
Senior - BHPian

BMW M340i xDrive launched at Rs. 62.90 lakh

BMW has launched the sportier M340i xDrive variant of the 3-Series in India. The car is priced at Rs. 62.90 lakh (ex-showroom).

BMW M340i xDrive Review-03-image-bmw-m340i-xdrive.jpg

The M340i xDrive gets M-specific chassis tuning, all-wheel drive and an M Sport rear differential. Customers can choose from three M Performance Accessory packages - Enthusiast Pack, Racer's Pack and Motorsport Pack.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-04-image-bmw-m340i-xdrive.jpg

The car comes equipped with BMW Laserlight, M rear spoiler and 18-inch M light alloy wheels. A set of 19-inch M light alloy wheels are available as an option.

On the inside, you get sports seats with M-specific upholstery in Sensatec / Alcantara, Anthracite BMW Individual roof liner, M leather steering wheel with shift paddles and M Seat belts.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-05-image-bmw-m340i-xdrive.jpg

BMW M340i xDrive features:

• 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
  • 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment with gesture control
  • Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
  • Wireless charging
  • 3-zone automatic climate control
  • Ambient lighting
  • Puddle lamps
  • Head-up display
  • 16-speaker Harman Kardon audio system

The M340i xDrive is powered by a twin-turbo, 3.0-litre, inline 6-cylinder engine producing 377 BHP @ 5,500-6,500 rpm and 500 Nm @ 1,850-5,000 rpm. The engine is paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission and power is sent to all four wheels. The 0-100 km/h time is claimed to be 4.4 seconds.

BMW M340i xDrive Review-02-image-bmw-m340i-xdrive.jpg

The M340i xDrive is equipped with BMW EfficientDynamics features like Auto engine start / stop, brake energy regeneration, electronic power steering, 50:50 weight distribution and ECO PRO mode.

BMW M340i xDrive standard safety features:

• 6 Airbags
  • Attentiveness Assistance
  • ABS with Brake Assist
  • Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
  • Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
  • Cornering Brake Control (CBC)

BMW M340i xDrive colour options:

• Dravit Grey
  • Tanzanite Blue
  • Sunset Orange

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 10th March 2021 at 13:02.
TusharK is online now   (34) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 12:46   #60
Team-BHP Support

And it's a fact that BMW has sold out the initial lot. So, if someone wants to get, better hurry and try to find remaining units with the nearest dealer.

Spec sheet enclosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
waiting for the dealer to confirm the service inclusive pricing and the additional warranty !
It's mentioned in the sheet.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th March 2021 at 13:01.
Turbanator is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks